Snowfall

Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    1 3rd of the episode with the most boring character from the most boring subplot talking to himself. 5 episodes in on the show about the birth of ? . Still no ? .

The ? beginnings won't start until episode 7. I feel ya. I'm waiting for that as well.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well last night's episode was good. Franklin's pops is a piece of work.

When his mom asked him if he was good and he said yeah...i think that was his way of being done wit his father permanently. Letting go whateva feelings he had for him, and moving on w/o regret.

Smh at his father tho.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Well last night's episode was good. Franklin's pops is a piece of work.

When his mom asked him if he was good and he said yeah...i think that was his way of being done wit his father permanently. Letting go whateva feelings he had for him, and moving on w/o regret.

Smh at his father tho.

Pops didn't try to intervene when the cops hit his son. He's a ? .
  • black caesar
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ah man. Just found this article after I tweeted The Real Rick Ross about the show and if he had a cameo:

http://www.eurweb.com/2017/08/freeway-rick-ross-say-singletons-snowfall-life-without-permission/#

Freeway Rick Ross appears to have someone other than the Rapper Rick Ross taking leniency with his life story, and involvement in the Iran Contra.

In the new FX series “Snowfall” about a black kid involved with ? , the government, and Nicaraguans (an odd similarity to Ross life) John Singleton tells a story about the rise of ? in LA. The reviews haven’t been great The Hollywood Reporter stated:

The other parts of Snowfall may come together in time, but after four meandering and sometimes confusing hours, it’s easy to lose interest. And if this series is not addictive after four hours, with all the competition it faces, will it ever be?

But is it at least authentic? Freeway Rick stated this to Hip Hop DX

I didn’t watch [Snowfall]. I’m boycotting it,” Ross told Trent and Jake. “John [Singleton] he bought my book. He knows me very well and that he would do a [sic] movie about ? in the 80s and not come consult with me. Me and him had lunch together before he talked about the story. That he would go out and do a [project] of this nature. It was kind of like a slap in the face,” he added.

Ross, who is currently a parolee, said that despite his relationship with the famed director, he found out about the show the same way as the rest of us did.

“He didn’t [mention anything about Snowfall when we met] I read about it in the newspaper. Matter fact when I met with The Weinsteins’ Company, one of the things that they were concerned about was him doing Snowfall because it’s so closely related but lucky for me everyone knows it’s not the real story. It’s far from the real story and I’ve been getting good feedback from a lot of people saying that the story was far-fetched and almost unbelievable it’s so fake.” Noted Ross, who did note that Singleton’s people reached out to him after the first season was in the can.

John has been making some snake moves. First the ? scene in The original "ALL Eyez On Me" script, and now this. SMH.
  • black caesar
    Options
  • black caesar
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 episodes left. Better start picking up steam tonight.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? Franklin. Smh. Smart dumb ? .
  • black caesar
    Options
    About to watch right now.
  • black caesar
    Options
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok show but the fluidity of it is all off and the story moves slow for a weekly series. You do ? like that on a streaming service not tv
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a bad show, but not as good as I hoped. Think I see why Showtime passed on it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Ah man. Just found this article after I tweeted The Real Rick Ross about the show and if he had a cameo:

http://www.eurweb.com/2017/08/freeway-rick-ross-say-singletons-snowfall-life-without-permission/#

Freeway Rick Ross appears to have someone other than the Rapper Rick Ross taking leniency with his life story, and involvement in the Iran Contra.

In the new FX series “Snowfall” about a black kid involved with ? , the government, and Nicaraguans (an odd similarity to Ross life) John Singleton tells a story about the rise of ? in LA. The reviews haven’t been great The Hollywood Reporter stated:

The other parts of Snowfall may come together in time, but after four meandering and sometimes confusing hours, it’s easy to lose interest. And if this series is not addictive after four hours, with all the competition it faces, will it ever be?

I didn’t watch [Snowfall]. I’m boycotting it,” Ross told Trent and Jake. “John [Singleton] he bought my book. He knows me very well and that he would do a [sic] movie about ? in the 80s and not come consult with me. Me and him had lunch together before he talked about the story. That he would go out and do a [project] of this nature. It was kind of like a slap in the face,” he added.

Ross, who is currently a parolee, said that despite his relationship with the famed director, he found out about the show the same way as the rest of us did.

“He didn’t [mention anything about Snowfall when we met] I read about it in the newspaper. Matter fact when I met with The Weinsteins’ Company, one of the things that they were concerned about was him doing Snowfall because it’s so closely related but lucky for me everyone knows it’s not the real story. It’s far from the real story and I’ve been getting good feedback from a lot of people saying that the story was far-fetched and almost unbelievable it’s so fake.” Noted Ross, who did note that Singleton’s people reached out to him after the first season was in the can.

John has been making some snake moves. First the ? scene in The original "ALL Eyez On Me" script, and now this. SMH.

Can someone plz tell Ross he wasn't the only muthafucca sellin. Cot damn.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

? .

All I could do was smmfh. This muthafucca is asking catch a bullet.
  • black caesar
    Options

Can someone plz tell Ross he wasn't the only muthafucca sellin. Cot damn.

True but even though he didn't create ? , he was responsible for it's explosion, plus it takes place in the 80's and involves the C.I.A. Of course this story is loosely based on him.

• metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? .

In real life, this ? would've died in each episode so far.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? .

In real life, this ? would've died in each episode so far.

Thats what makes it frustrating. I know: suspension of disbelief or he's growing into the life but come the ? on he learns absolutely nothing from his mistakes. Smart dumb ? for real.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man im 2 episodes in and digging it
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shows cool ill keep watching

Like y'all said tho this dude should be dead already
  • JusDre313
    edited August 2017
    Options
    watched the first 3 episodes...
    that ? scene though... WTF... and fam aint dead.. you got to ? that ? after that, i know that ? aint over

- smash on the aunt

- the Israeli connect is hilarious to me

- yeah Franklin was tripping being all out and open in the spot with work out for everyone to see
  • JusDre313
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    man i wanna hulk smash tf outta his auntie!!! LAWD

word...

and mom dukes

cefoff5rzu9s.gif
  • All5KingDrive
    All5KingDrive Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    2nd or 3rd best show on TV, right now to me

They got renewed for Season 2, too
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    man i wanna hulk smash tf outta his auntie!!! LAWD

word...

and mom dukes

cefoff5rzu9s.gif

the moms from the wire lol, among other shows

that auntie tho

she was looking good af at the cookout
  • JusDre313
    edited August 2017
    Options
    loved the series

when fam broke out the trunk of the car like the koolaid man

when the cops showed up at the cookout and choked franklin... the neighbor cop coming to save him and calming the cac cops down... great point of how the people in the community should POLICE the community

just watched the last episode its crazy the cat that got ? was in the beginning on the episode.. thought he would resurface at the end, but didnt.. i really enjoyed this show