Buy or sell, Lupe is better then anyone in the WU Tang

Options

Comments

• jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    The only member I can say Lupe is better than for sure is U ? . The rest is a toss up.

Nah, Lupe is surely a better lyricist than Inspecta Deck, Gza and possibly ? . Ghost and Rae, he is not developed enough to even be in the same sentence as...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kiss Push
    DayDreaming
    Superstar (His best song)
    The Coolest
    Hip Hop saved My Life
    Put You On Game

sMMFH...........
  • Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »

Dont bother, they dont wanna see it... no matter how obvious it is
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Treize117 wrote: »
    lmao...yea ok homie...

cuz we all know how "versatile" ? is

? has flow on raw tracks to club tracks and did it effortlessly, As soon as Lupe goes outside of his lane his flow sounds ackward. There is no comparsion:

? Flow > Lupe
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    are you serious dude, lupse is nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooo way close to method mans flow, meths flow is effortless, lupe sounds so technical with his flow.

to you.....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Translation: Damn, he got me.

It's not like dude's forte is storytelling or The Cool was a halfway concept album.

I mean really. Why the ? does him not doing this and that make him less of a musician? A rapper gotta do everything another rapper do to be better than him? Word?

"AYO, Y DON'T THIS ? YO-YO MA PLAY THE ACCORDION? IF HE CAN'T DO THAT HE REALLY AIN'T THAT GOOD"

It doesn't make him less of a musician, but might i remind you what the topic of this thread is. You are contrasting and comparing him with other Wu rappers. I feel there are more Wu ? with more tools than Lupe.
  • jonathand
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eastcoast ? I tell you lol...stuck in the 90's.

There are people ? with the Wu lol

This has absolutely nothing to do with the East. I'm from the South, and Ghost is still a monster down here. I remember my little brother and his crew skipping school to buy Supreme Clientèle. I have yet to hear any Southerner mention a damn Lupe cd....
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    idk who's better overall, but Method Man flow >> Lupe flow by miles
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to you.....

Obviously to the rest of the world too seeing how his music can't seem to connect on a mass level
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    Nah, Lupe is surely a better lyricist than Inspecta Deck, Gza and possibly ? . Ghost and Rae, he is not developed enough to even be in the same sentence as...

I can tell you haven't heard enough of Inspectah Deck and Gza. Those two along with Rza are the best pure lyricist in the group. Ghost and Rae have other intangibles that make them great artist.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sMMFH...........

What song do you think is his best?
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? has flow on raw tracks to club tracks and did it effortlessly, As soon as Lupe goes outside of his lane his flow sounds ackward. There is no comparsion:

? Flow > Lupe

Yea those sound real "awkward"...smh...
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know exactly how this thread will end. The old heads/east coast posters will ride for the Wu, younger/mid west/southern posters will ride for Lupe.

I predicted it too.
  • jonathand
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can tell you haven't heard enough of Inspectah Deck and Gza. Those two along with Rza are the best pure lyricist in the group. Ghost and Rae have other intangibles that make them great artist.

Homie, I was a Wu junkie for YEARS. You're crazy if you think Inspectah Deck is a better lyricist than Ghost or Rae. Do you know how many time he got obliterated on their group songs? Come one Jamacia....
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options

? Flow > Lupe

I know, the mf gets on tracks with those ? ass ''I" ? , I do this, I do that, I went there, I am up in the air. He did that ? on the NERD "everybody knows remix", i'm like dude stop rapping like a ? robot
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Obviously to the rest of the world too seeing how his music can't seem to connect on a mass level

? has 6 grammy nominations and 2 gold albums...F&L almost plat, at like 900,000 sold...he been on world tour 6 times...what the ? are you even talkin about....
  • jonathand
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So...

I hear southerners mention SODMG too...

Stop flip flopping. You're the one that stated that "only East Cost people" ? ...
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eastcoast ? I tell you lol...stuck in the 90's.

There are people ? with the Wu lol

I rather be stuck in the 90's than cosigning the worst era in rap history in which Lupe is shinning in. It's easy to standout in an era of wack rhymes and albums than when Wu Tang came out where Classics were dropping monthly.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    Homie, I was a Wu junkie for YEARS. You're crazy if you think Inspectah Deck is a better lyricist than Ghost or Rae. Do you know how many time he got obliterated on their group songs? Come one Jamacia....

I said pure lyricist, but there are things Rza lacked that Ghost and Rae have, so that made them better overall MC's than Rza, and just because someone is a lyricist it doesn't automatically make them a better rapper.
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? has 6 grammy nominations and 2 gold albums...F&L almost plat, at like 900,000 sold...he been on world tour 6 times...what the ? are you even talkin about....

Lupe is not as global as Wu Tang. Wu Tang is a BRAND. Lupe is a rapper. Big Difference.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Now Method Man's flow is better than Lu's....yall dumb lol

How is that farfetched? ? has one the best flows in hip hop history.
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lupe is not as global as Wu Tang. Wu Tang is a BRAND. Lupe is a rapper. Big Difference.

May be true...but thats not really the point now is it...
    How is that farfetched? ? has one the best flows in hip hop history.

So does Lupe
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options

Oh really, show me and official Soundscan of those numbers because i know youre talking out your ass. I've seen his numers!

and you better not come at me with no Wikipedia ? either, because that ? aint accurate
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    May be true...but thats not really the point now is it...

So does Lupe

Yeah it is debatable but homie made it seem like saying ? has a great flow is wrong and is so farfetched that there was no way ? flow has any kind of potential to be better.
  • jonathand
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I said pure lyricist, but there are things Rza lacked that Ghost and Rae have, so that made them better overall MC's than Rza, and just because someone is a lyricist it doesn't automatically make them a better rapper.

Ok, please tell me something that Deck does better than Ghost or Rae? He doesn't have a better flow. He surely isn't more creative with his verses. He doesn't bring an ounce of the complexity of Ghost or Rae. I'm confused by this "pure lyricist" ? . Deck doesn't possess the creative writing capabilities of Ghost or Rae, so how is he a better "pure lyricist"? Isn't the core of lyricism to excel at creating verses in an extraordinary fashion? If so, Ghost and Rae do that extremely better...