Options
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ghostface>>>>>>>>>>>lupe

Ghostface>>>>>>>>Jay Z

I agree with ghost>>>>>Lupe

but how is ghost better all around emcee then Jay Z?
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wu>lupe

lupe is an extremely good artists however
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lyrically he's better then every single of them...

but catalogue wise they still have better content when it comes down to ghost, ? , rae, rza vs lupe individually...if lupe could have dropped his last two albums and they were as consistent as his first two, i'd probably g out on a limb and just sya he wa sbetter overall then them all individually but until then i'll give wu members clout ove rhim based off of how much good music they put out vs lupe...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    you sir are a fool.
    its ok to like what you like, but to discredit legends is unnecessary.
    you use terms like "concept", "lyrics", and "content", but provide no real analysis.
    Lupe is who you like better, he is not better.

People REALLY need to understand this concept....
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lupe is NOT fukin with Ghost. He isn't a better lyricist. He isn't more creative. Lord knows he doesn't have an album that can ? with Ironman (and i LOVED F&L) or SC. I like Lupe but this hypetrain is getting out of hand...
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I heard lupe fiasco calls his ? his little Laser
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    E with the English, extinguish styles extremist
    Bald head beamers run wild
    It's the kid with the gold cup
    Stepped out like what
    What's poppin, and y'all ? dobo
    Blastin shae shae, chocolate shortae
    Rich color mocks, rock those all day
    1960 ? I'm Goldie
    That's right ? don't hold me
    The world's greatest, Las Vegas, paid as rock
    Skin painted on my face look ageless
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

are you ? serious? this incoherent baseless ? is better than lupe?
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    you sir are a fool.
    its ok to like what you like, but to discredit legends is unnecessary.
    you use terms like "concept", "lyrics", and "content", but provide no real analysis.
    Lupe is who you like better, he is not better.

their is no legitmate wya to detirmine who is better
    no ubiased opinion, rating scale, or anything...so you cannot offically prove lupe is not better then anyone in the wu...but you can argue why you believ ehe isn't
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    GFK >>>>> Lupe
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    somebody break down that ghostface verse 4 me
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I still don't see the hype on Lupe, he shows glimpses of greatness to me but he isn't as good as people say. GZA and ? >>>>Lupe.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    before you just give it to lupe(who's very good), you could argue the same about nas.
  • Pervis
    Pervis Members Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree with ghost>>>>>Lupe

but how is ghost better all around emcee then Jay Z?

How is he not? Ghost has better lyrics, better delivery, better subject matter, better catalogue, better wordplay and better storytelling. It's common knowledge Ghostface is a far superior mc. Just cuz the camel sold more that don't mean ? .
  • unbreakable
    unbreakable Members Posts: 391
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »
    Average freestyle....

He used the concept of the Twilight zone into a song. Metaphors were on point.

But yall eastcoast ? just like that gritty, "I'm ? , grimey, sellin coke, and beat up ? " music...lol

...Wu-Tang are pioneers...trendsetters...Lupe is a underachiever...and you are a ? for the remarks in quotation...
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this is absurd. there is no comparison. wu is almost 20 yrs deep in the rap game so it should be obvious that in regards to ability alone, there skill is way above lupe.
    im not much of a lupe fan altho he does have some heat but to compare him to the likes of ghost, gza, ins, rza, rae, ? , masta killa, cappadonna yes even ugod is ridiculous.

now with that being said, how many pages are ya'll gonna get to before your realize that this is all based on opinion and nobody is necessarily right or wrong?

wu destroys lupe.

and.....if you cant decipher a raekwon verse i understand why you would think lupe is better than them
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    no he doesnt.

both him and raekwons ? sound like strings of consciousness put together that sound like mini-titangraphs. most of the time, these ? dont even rhyme.

what is ghostface's subject matter about?

show me some wordplay by ghostface thats worth mentioning.

but i know you probably wont. because this is what most fans of legends do. no substantiated claims or proof behind their opinion. they will say ridiculous things like someone is better because of they they broke thru and existed in a time prior to now when rappers werent a dime a dozen and skills were actually a real factor. im not saying that these guys dont have skills and i'm not ignoring the groundwork they did as pioneers, because whether i like it or not, they are pioneers.

what im saying is, at the end of the day, lupe as a whole is a better artist than anyone from the wu because of flow, talent, storytelling skills, wordplay, metaphors/similies and content....and i can back up my opinion.

Co-sign this Powerful and True post.
  • wordsRweapons
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lupe may be better lyrically,
    but the Wu Tang members have better delivery.

Try to prove lupe can outflow method man. You cant.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    buy not sure if i would say he's better than ghost face or rae but he's cruising pass half of the wu easily.
  • wordsRweapons
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lupe aint ? with the Wu's flow and delivery
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Never understood the Lupe Hype... dude is boring and his so called super lyrical skills arent that hard to decipher.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've gotta agree with the people saying Lupe's better there isn't ANYTHING that he can't do on a song, you want a story he can give you a store, you want a variety of subject matter he can do that too. Flow? outta this world, Delivery? Check. He can spit over any type of beat and sound right in pocket no matter what he does with the flow, He's one of the most complete emcees to ever grace the mic in my opinion, only people that are on his same level ini my opinion are Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, and Nas. You can put him on a song with ANYBODY and there's a very high chance they'll get outshone. How many other rappers can you honestly say that about?
  • wordsRweapons
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »
    This is the best example of flow you can come up with? lol...

Thats just a standard WU track

Youre a fool if you think Lupe's delivery ? on these ?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    whats to understand about his hype? he is heralded because of his crazy metaphors, themes, references, and concepts. if you can decipher his "lyrical skills", you should be able decipher the hype.

The hype when people say things likehe the greatest MC of all time type ? or that his skillz are greatly superior to some of the greats and legends of the game. Only on the net do people seem to hold him with such high esteem.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    whats to understand about his hype? he is heralded because of his crazy metaphors, themes, references, and concepts. if you can decipher his "lyrical skills", you should be able decipher the hype.

YES!!! You are on point in this thread right now son.