Buy or sell, Lupe is better then anyone in the WU Tang

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »
    ? does being a brand have to do with rap ability?

Soulja Boy is a brand.
    Gucci Mane is a brand

What's your point?

N o
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

Soulja Boy is a brand.
    Gucci Mane is a brand.

What's your point?

LOL, Soulja Boy and Gucci Mane are not BRANDS. Are you serious? Selling ringtones is one thing, having Multiplatinum albums is another. Wu Tang as a Brand has moved well over 20 Million albums. Gucci Mane and Soulja boy, neither of them have 1 Platinum solo album. Let's be serious now. If you ain't alteast going Platinum, it's diffcult to be worldwide. My point is Wu Tang is WORLDWIDE. Lupe, not so much.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    Ok, please tell me something that Deck does better than Ghost or Rae? He doesn't have a better flow. He surely isn't more creative with his verses. He doesn't bring an ounce of the complexity of Ghost or Rae. I'm confused by this "pure lyricist" ? . Deck doesn't possess the creative writing capabilities of Ghost or Rae, so how is he a better "pure lyricist"? Isn't the core of lyricism to excel at creating verses in an extraordinary fashion? If so, Ghost and Rae do that extremely better...

Oh yes deck flow is definitely better than both Ghost and Rae. He bodied both of them on different songs Deck had the best verse on Triumph, he bodied Rae on C.R.E.A.M and he got Ghost It's Yours.
  • Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Oh really, show me and official Soundscan of those numbers because i know youre talking out your ass. I've seen his numers!

Why dont you, u seem to know where to look...

But I KNOW both albums went gold, I KNOW he got the grammy nominations, and I KNOW he been on world tour a at least 6 times....only thing im not sure about is the 900,000 copies, but that hardly amounts to "talkin out my ass"
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited August 2010
    Options

Soulja Boy is a brand.
    Gucci Mane is a brand.

What's your point?

I gotta agree with lil homie on this one. Being a brand brings absolutely nothing to an argument about who's the better rapper/lyricist etc. Diddy ? Diapers is a brand but he sure as hell isn't seeing a number of producers who are not as "appealing"..
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh really, show me and official Soundscan of those numbers because i know youre talking out your ass. I've seen his numers!

and you better not come at me with no Wikipedia ? either, because that ? aint accurate

"Food and Liquor" is still not even GOLD. "The Cool" is certified Gold and is at about 650k. "Superstar" Went Platinum as a single since Lupe had to "Dumb it Down" and make a commerical single for the label and not hate, he succeed, "Superstar" is a good commerical song. He won a grammy for "Daydreamin" in the "Alternative" catagory but he should be thanking Jill Scott for that cause the song wouldn't of been nominated without her on it. He's sold roughly 1 Million copies between both LP's which is pretty good for a new artist but not Wu Tang's level.
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So being worldwide makes you the better rapper?

Ok....tell me when ability comes into play.

No, but someone try to imply Lupe is "Worldwide" as Wu Tang and that's false on so many levels.
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Food and Liquor" is still not even GOLD. "The Cool" is certified Gold and is at about 650k. "Superstar" Went Platinum as a single since Lupe had to "Dumb it Down" and make a commerical single for the label and not hate, he succeed, "Superstar" is a good commerical song. He won a grammy for "Daydreamin" in the "Alternative" catagory but he should be thanking Jill Scott for that cause the song wouldn't of been nominated without her on it. He's sold roughly 1 Million copies between both LP's which is pretty good for a new artist but not Wu Tang's level.

Why?

We talkin rap skills, not commercial success...
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    You're a liar B...I consistely hear southern ? mention Lupe...most them ? never heard of a ? Wu Tang....only reason they know method man is cause of how high

And I can easily say you're lying because I don't know one damn person who owns a Lupe cd. Matter a fact, I remember when I purchased "The Cool" and was riding with my roommate and his people. I was damn near forced to remove that ? and put in "Anything thing else but this ? ". That was the general consensus in exact words...
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm arguing Wu-junkies...smh lol.

Bet they haven't even heard most of Lupe's ? . lol

False, I have both Lupe albums and heard all his mixtapes and he's still no f'in with the Wu. It's sad some people are in such a rush to put Lupe with Legends when it's obvious he's not there.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lupe is obviously better than U-?

Lupe is better than Masta Killa

Lupe is better than Capadonna

I like Raekwon and I've listened to him with Wu and on solo projects (OB4CL, Immobilarity, etc.)...Rae is great at what he does, but his subject matter is redundant and in some instances he lacks clarity...I'd give Lupe the edge

Method Man never sounds wack IMO, I always like hearing him rap (Flow + Vocally)...but in terms of subject matter I'm going to need someone to convince me that he can go in depth on several topics and that he's well-rounded...otherwise Lupe wins.

Ghosface is highly entertaining (and hilarious ["put some bologna on ya face" lol]) and I listen to a lot of his music b/c of that, but he tends to be a little random in some songs.

GZA: He's dope, *Shrugs*

RZA: I actually find RZA's style entertaining and his pronunciation is hilarious at times...contrary to popular opinion he's dope at times to me (extremely unorthodox). Overall I'd rather hear Lupe than RZA though so I'll say Lupe is better.

ODB: Lupe is better
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Treize117 wrote: »
    Why?

We talkin rap skills, not commercial success...

You late to the debate, someone said Lupe is just as "Worldwide" as Wu, and I had to shut that down.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why dont you, u seem to know where to look...

But I KNOW both albums went gold, I KNOW he got the grammy nominations, and I KNOW he been on world tour a at least 6 times....only thing im not sure about is the 900,000 copies, but that hardly amounts to "talkin out my ass"

The Cool went gold, Food and Liquor flopped, see what i'm talking about fabricating ? to make a point. Yeah he went of tours, but you acting like this ? was headling ? and the main event.
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And for those that say Soulja Boy ain't a brand...Peep what he did as anINDIVIDUAL

Album Sales(1,000,000+)
    Digital Sales(5,000,000+)
    Ringtones(5,000,000+)
    BMI Producer of the year
    Grammy Nominated
    #1 Song In The World
    #1 Billboard 7weeks
    BET Hip Hop Award Winner
    Ozone Award Winner
    Owner of Club Excalibur.
    Founder Of SODMG Ent.

So that brand ? don't have ? to do with ? ...and he did it on his SOLO

Yet Solijah Boy has not sold more records than Method Man or Wu Tang as a group. So bringing him into the conversation is null in void to prove a point.
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You late to the debate, someone said Lupe is just as "Worldwide" as Wu, and I had to shut that down.

Nah homie, It was me that made the comment that started this whole lil sub discussion...

But i wasnt implyin he's as worldwide as the WU, US marine tried to say he had no mass appeal and I corrected him, but I wouldnt say he's as big globally as the WU
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lupe flow is effortless...his lyrics are superb

But so far in this thread I've heard.... Superstar is his best song lmao...he doesn't executes his concepts lmao ....and he doesn't have a great flow lmao

I have come to the conclusions that those posters are either trolls,idiots, or haters....

So you take remedial classes in college? Your level of comprehension cant be this ? . So you're either choosing to leave out certain things to prove a point or you're dumb, it has to be either one.
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Cool went gold, Food and Liquor flopped, see what i'm talking about fabricating ? to make a point. Yeah he went of tours, but you acting like this ? was headling ? and the main event.

Not really, I was just mistaken. But u sayin he has no mass appeal is wrong. 2 gold albums aint bad and u dont go on world tours as a nobody, especially 6 times. U tryna make it seem like dude is underground or nobody knows him or some ?

and at the end of the day, none of this ? changes the fact that he can RAP BETTER than the ? in the WU
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lupe flow is effortless...his lyrics are superb

But so far in this thread I've heard.... Superstar is his best song lmao...he doesn't executes his concepts lmao ....and he doesn't have a great flow lmao

I have come to the conclusions that those posters are either trolls,idiots, or haters....

Going with option 3, but option 2 has a better appeal.
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm biology(premed) major homie...The easiest class I have this year physics so ? outta here

Were those things not said in this thread????yes or no

now either you're as stupid as every one thinks or your heavy ass skin is stoping blood from circulating to your brain

1) I said Superstar is his best song that is debatable it is not a fact.

2) No one implied that Lupe's flow was garbage or not good, people in here thinks that Method Man's flow is better which is also debatable

3) I said there are some songs Lupe doesn't execute his concepts well I didn't say all or most.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol @ most of the Wu rebuttals in this thread being

"no"
    "Lupe too technical" (aka too good)
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just want to see direct comparisons...not popularity contest answers. Someone be specific.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not really, I was just mistaken. But u sayin he has no mass appeal is wrong. 2 gold albums aint bad and u dont go on world tours as a nobody, especially 6 times. U tryna make it seem like dude is underground or nobody knows him or some ?

and at the end of the day, none of this ? changes the fact that he can RAP BETTER than the ? in the WU

All that said, it's all opinion. What is fact is them Wu cats has had and probably will have a bigger legacy than Lupe, Lupe aint even the best or most accomplished rapper from his generation.
  • LifezOriginal
    LifezOriginal Members Posts: 56
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow mention Lupe and Wu in the same sentence and ? get heated. I prefer Lupe. . I could never get into Wu, but i know people in other parts of the world who cut for both. And ridiculously so.
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All that said, it's all opinion. What is fact is them Wu cats has had and probably will have a bigger legacy than Lupe, Lupe aint even the best or most accomplished rapper from his generation.

Now tell me what any of that has to do with the topic we're discussing
  • Treize117
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Let's post song for song....

Me and another dude posted some tracks...

Didnt get any responses tho lol