Options

Comments

• Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ppl just need to let other ppl be ppl
    and let them do what they want

yeah but people doing what they want can affect the next relationship they get into,no man wants a trashy ass woman as his gf or Wifey.I feel as if I deserve the best not the rest my ? .I dont want to ever succumb to a ? giving me a disease or bring her Past problems and put them out on me.Im not gonna tolerate that BS.Alot of times when you do ? that you wanna do,and it affects others it's not going to be a pretty picture
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    double standards with men and women exist.. it's a balance...

the more double sstandards you take away, the less balanced a relationship will be....
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    BackByDEMANDisCHINK Members Posts: 220
    edited January 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    would you consider somebody less than a man if they used your same reasons to not approach a woman? seems like you goin kinda hard in that last post cuz you see something you dont like about yourself in guys who are too "shy" or "scared" to talk to women...or maybe im just high and lookin too deep lol
    Lets not switch roles here...I'm VERY traditional on a lot of subjects. If you dont have the confidence as a MAN to approach me then it'd never work out anyway. I'm very dominating and I cant take no shy man, oh helllls nah I cant take no shy, timid, meek man. I dont think I'm going 'hard'? Where do you suggest that I was doing that? I know there are many different types of men as there are many different types of women, that may just be their character to be shy...and thus is why that guy made that statement...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No, mine stem from something totally different than an ego problem. I applaud women who CAN see a man they want and approach him...that takes a lot. My cousin proposed to her husband...when she did it I looked at her like she stole money out my pocket...I was speechless.

Oh alright. Its a turn on when a chick approaches and unless she is terribly bad looking a man is not gonna turn a woman down.
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    So your fear is justification as to why females shouldn't have to approach males?
    And a males fear is him being soft?

GTFOH. That's a disgusting double-standard.

A woman can be afraid of another being and a man can't?
    We're all human. Fear of rejection is human.

*Females have the upper hand from the very beginning of any potential relationship simply because they have the comfort of not having to be uncomfortable.

The guy has to approach the girl.
    Then guy has to propose the date.
    Then the guy has to plan the date.
    Then the guy has to go pick a girl up.
    Then a guy has to pay for the date.
    If the guy gets to sleep with her, He has to be good at sex and she can just lay there and critique.

What the hell do you girls do again?

This isht has long since gotten out of hand...

Wait...who made this post? Nah, son I dont know you like that. ? is this? And WHAT are you talking about? LOL! Take it down like 8 notches my dude. I dont find anything that serious...now, can you please start over.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    all these bastard kids in this world, is the result of women truly loving badboys,most of them aint even married to they baby daddy.Look around you bruh that sums it all up
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Oh alright. Its a turn on when a chick approaches and unless she is terribly bad looking a man is not gonna turn a woman down.
    The dude that drops the mail off just came pass and that ? so fine!!!!! LOL@ me approaching him...thats a joke.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    double standards with men and women exist.. it's a balance...

the more double sstandards you take away, the less balanced a relationship will be....

Double standards destroy equality and establish gender roles.

We've already been over how old-fashioned, out-dated gender, and inefficient roles are In Today' Society.

*Just because something is, doesn't mean it should be that way.

This is one of those things.

That's why men and women argue all the time on this board; because of the inequalities that are established by mindsets like this.

Imbalances create balances? That logic isn't sound in any way, shape or form.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lets not switch roles here...I'm VERY traditional on a lot of subjects. If you dont have the confidence as a MAN to approach me then it'd never work out anyway. I'm very dominating and I cant take no shy man, oh helllls nah I cant take no shy, timid, meek man. I dont think I'm going 'hard'? Where do you suggest that I was doing that? I know there are many different types of men as there are many different types of women, that may just be their character to be shy...and thus is why that guy made that statement...

the fact that you said "Men need to start being MEN'...as if masculinity is and can be defined by a man's ability to approach a woman...just comes off like you're saying "I'm a woman so I can have these fears but you as a male cannot." What you said blatantly comes off as you thinking that a male cannot be considered a MAN if he's nervous about approaching a female and can't bring himself to do it...if that shyness takes away his masculinity then it does the exact same to your femininity and you're under the same category as you placed them...it's not about switching roles but as a man I can tell you w/ 100% confidence that whether or not I approach a woman in public has nothing to do with whether or not I or any male peers of mine would consider me a "Man" or "man enough" to do something
  • Gucci Da Kid
    Gucci Da Kid Banned Users Posts: 139
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am very lucky.......all my ? love me
  • BEAM
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wait...who made this post? Nah, son I dont know you like that. ? is this? And WHAT are you talking about? LOL! Take it down like 8 notches my dude. I dont find anything that serious...now, can you please start over.

Start what over?
    You're avoiding.
    Address the point.

You came off ridiculous trying to act as if double-standards are okay just because you're scared.
    I got with you about it.

If you can't defend your point, that's one thing. But trying to act as if you've been disrespected because I bombarded you with an opposing opinion is cowardice.

It's not serious to you because you have the audacity to believe that you can be something and it be okay, but others are at fault who have that same characteristic.
  • BEAM
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the fact that you said "Men need to start being MEN'...as if masculinity is and can be defined by a man's ability to approach a woman...just comes off like you're saying "I'm a woman so I can have these fears but you as a male cannot." What you said blatantly comes off as you thinking that a male cannot be considered a MAN if he's nervous about approaching a female and can't bring himself to do it...if that shyness takes away his masculinity then it does the exact same to your femininity and you're under the same category as you placed them...it's not about switching roles but as a man I can tell you w/ 100% confidence that whether or not I approach a woman in public has nothing to do with whether or not I or any male peers of mine would consider me a "Man" or "man enough" to do something

Amen.

People are so quick to correlate gender with characteristics that have nothing to do with gender, as if it's valid.

All this "Be a Man" isht is bogus.
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As I understand what you're trying to state, there is a vast difference between being fearful and NOT acting at all...in any situation where the outcome is out of our hands, there is sure to be fear, fear of the unknown. I'm not stating that you're LESS of a man for being fearfull of rejection, I'm saying that atop of everything that I love in a man is his confidence and ability to seemlessly accept that rejection and move on to the next.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As I understand what you're trying to state, there is a vast difference between being fearful and NOT acting at all...in any situation where the outcome is out of our hands, there is sure to be fear, fear of the unknown. I'm not stating that you're LESS of a man for being fearfull of rejection, I'm saying that atop of everything that I love in a man is his confidence and ability to seemlessly accept that rejection and move on to the next.

is there something stopping you from being able to move on if a man were to reject you?
  • CASH RULES
    CASH RULES Members Posts: 306
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So your fear is justification as to why females shouldn't have to approach males?
    And a males fear is him being soft?

GTFOH. That's a disgusting double-standard.

A woman can be afraid of another being and a man can't?
    We're all human. Fear of rejection is human.

*Females have the upper hand from the very beginning of any potential relationship simply because they have the comfort of not having to be uncomfortable.

The guy has to approach the girl.
    Then guy has to propose the date.
    Then the guy has to plan the date.
    Then the guy has to go pick a girl up.
    Then a guy has to pay for the date.
    If the guy gets to sleep with her, He has to be good at sex and she can just lay there and critique.

What the hell do you girls do again?

This isht has long since gotten out of hand...
    you loss if you doin' all that my G.
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Start what over?
    You're avoiding.
    Address the point.

You came off ridiculous trying to act as if double-standards are okay just because you're scared.
    I got with you about it.

If you can't defend your point, that's one thing. But trying to act as if you've been disrespected because I bombarded you with an opposing opinion is cowardice.

It's not serious to you because you have the audacity to believe that you can be something and it be okay, but others are at fault who have that same characteristic

LOL...I like you, you're funny. You go from 0-100 in like 2.4 seconds!

I like gender roles, I like structure and believe it or not, I like being told what to do. I never said you disrespected me, and you're right you are very overwhelming, for no reason at all lol...what are you trying to say here? That you dont believe in double standards? Double standards are here and will never, ever go away. @ the bolded, stop....Why do you forfend this subject so much? What really is the problem here? lol...no ? .
  • BEAM
    edited January 2010
    Options
    CASH RULES wrote: »
    you loss if you doin' all that my G.

Never said it was me.

But I've talked to multitudes of women where they Expect a guy to be responsible for Everything, and they're just along for the ride. And then have the nerve to critique and ridicule a guy after the fact, as if their very presence was more than enough to supplement all of his efforts.

They promote double-standards too. All of the things they themselves can't do, they consider a man to be inferior and weak if he can't do them.
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    is there something stopping you from being able to move on if a man were to reject you?
    No. What would be my real reasons to approach a man? It may seem funny but I find that hilarious!
    Me: Hi
    Him: Hello
    Me: Ummmm...you wanna go out for coffee?

LOLOLOLOL...I cant even type that and be serious. Thats wack son, I'm sorry. And THEN for him to say NO?!?..oh helllllllll no! I'd be stuck! Absoutly mortified, depressed and I'd prolly wear black for a year. But thats just me *kanye shrug*
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Never said it was me.

But I've talked to multitudes of women where they Expect a guy to be responsible for Everything, and they're just along for the ride. And then have the nerve to critique and ridicule a guy after the fact, as if their very presence was more than enough to supplement all of his efforts.

They promote double-standards too. All of the things they themselves can't do, they consider a man to be inferior and weak if he can't do them.
    Who said that? JUST because I dont approach you then I'm mindless and a do girl? No...you're taking it too far.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Double standards destroy equality and establish gender roles.

We've already been over how old-fashioned, out-dated gender, and inefficient roles are In Today' Society.

*Just because something is, doesn't mean it should be that way.

This is one of those things.

That's why men and women argue all the time on this board; because of the inequalities that are established by mindsets like this.

Imbalances create balances? That logic isn't sound in any way, shape or form.
    and that's why so many relationships fail....and why you have so much trouble understanding relationships... because you don't seem to understand that men and women are different
  • BackByDEMANDisCHINK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    because you don't seem to understand that men and women are different
    i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!
  • BEAM
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LOL...I like you, you're funny. You go from 0-100 in like 2.4 seconds!

I like gender roles, I like structure and believe it or not, I like being told what to do. I never said you disrespected me, and you're right you are very overwhelming, for no reason at all lol...what are you trying to say here? That you dont believe in double standards? Double standards are here and will never, ever go away. @ the bolded, stop....Why do you forfend this subject so much? What really is the problem here? lol...no ? .

My apologies. I really did have no reason to blow up on you like that. My bad.

I just think it takes a load of audacity to presume that double-standards are in any way okay, especially if they cater to you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've been coming off like the fact that you are personally afraid, then it's okay for you to be afraid. And that a man is somehow less if he has the same fear that you do. That's an unfair double-standard. It gives you to much power. Not only do you get to judge, but you don't have to be put in the position of having to be judged.

It's a safe one. A safe zone hat men are weak for wanting to enjoy every once in a while, even though you live in it.

Not cool. Not cool...

Personally, all that "Be a Man" ? is severely primitive and inferior thinking. It creates double-standards, insecurities, gender roles, and all of the other things that people spend most of thier time arguing about on this board...
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Good thread with valid points from all sides. As far as the double standard, it's a part of life and a necessary one to some extent. Men are the hunters. PERIOD. From the dawn of time men have fought and died to survive and plant their seed.

Now that we are a "civilized" society, the man's role of hunter is being questioned. Women's lib said women were EQUAL and it made men start to think think they were the SAME as women.

Now you have men afraid to hunt, scared to shoot, or resenting the fact they have to shoot.
  • BEAM
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No. What would be my real reasons to approach a man? It may seem funny but I find that hilarious!
    Me: Hi
    Him: Hello
    Me: Ummmm...you wanna go out for coffee?

LOLOLOLOL...I cant even type that and be serious. Thats wack son, I'm sorry. And THEN for him to say NO?!?..oh helllllllll no! I'd be stuck! Absoutly mortified, depressed and I'd prolly wear black for a year. But thats just me *kanye shrug*

Happens to guys all the time.

Just saying...
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options