Symbolism..Dissecting The Meaning Of 2 Pac's Don "Killuminati" Album

Options

Comments

• _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pac profile raised each year, 1994 he made Above the Rim, which had the famous song Regulators and the movie was very successful...

You make it seems Pac went from a gold artist to selling 2 times platinum over night, which is untrue

Pac went from starring in Juice, then went gold, then starred in Poetic Justice, then went Platinum, then starred in Above the Rim and then went 2 times Platinum...by which time he was a major star

we could argue it was his movie career which raised his profile and got the masses to listen to his music...

also you have to remember there was not too many HOOD solo rappers selling big numbers before Pac and making positive songs about women and mothers....

i agree that his movies raised his profile. but that was mostly in the black community. white kids in the suburbs didn't rush out to see Above The Rim, Juice or Poetic Justice.

he didn't "cross over" into the mainstream until all the negative press. in 1993 pac faced 2 major charges: the police shooting in atlanta and the sexual assault case. he didn't have a number one album (a real measure of cross-over mass appeal for hip hop artist in the 90's) until his next album after those cases. in fact MAW came out while he was still locked which gave pac a lot of free promotion pushing the album to debut at number 1 on the charts.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Bruh he comes from Revolutionary ties, he was taught that and before he died he was in the process of getting into politics

I acknowledge his family ties all day. Tupac, HIMSELF, was not MLK or Malcolm however. He was an ENTERTAINER.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Ignorance is a muthfucka. You dont know anything about masonry and thats fine. I'm content with you believing whatever you want about it.

"New Order of the Ages" is what it means. Thats it. In order to fit your view about the Illuminati/White people, you fill in the rest with your own personal thoughts. This does not make it "truth".

Look here, fortunately for me, YOU dont decide what my life's "sides" or choices are. I dont have to subscribe to your narrow view of the way this world works. I dont need you to give a ? about me. My life and family are good and its not due to masonry or "white people".

That's cool then dont get ? off when I say something contrary to your ideas. Peace, love, and good luck with your music.

Ain't nobody ? ..You meet oppression and opposition in everything you do..I am who I am and I be who I be in the All..*Flashes pinkie*..You got your side and I got mines
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thank You..You can't tell a auntie tom that.The house ? in his blood won't let him embrace and admit that lol

I'm telling u everybody thinks Pac was nothing, meanwhile they praise Biggie for being a negative person, not one time did Biggie do anything to help his community, hr sold ? to a pregnant woman and he choose to be a drug dealer when he was a honor roll student and his mom had money stacked for him.
  • major pain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Okay Super Mason ? ..Have you touched over a million people?.. How many records you sold? What have you built?..I ain't never heard of you..Get out there and be something great because Pac build his legacy,good or bad..HOW about you?..Pac was a super ? ..Look at his work ethic..Have you worked like that and more?

LOL this sell out cornball..I embrace REAL PEOPLE WHO DO REAL THINGS..

You are more concerned with me being a mason than I am. Why is that? What else do you KNOW about what I do homie? You calling me a sellout and ? because I dont agree with you on Tupac? Thats the way to show how "down for the cause" you are?
  • major pain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Please allow my brothers to build without acting like an agent provacateur.

Look man, without getting into BS with you. Be honest, what good is "building" with false information? I'm all for truth and real science, but doing so with bad info is not helpful.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm Out Ya'll..Much Love to All the Members of this board..Feel Free to Add To The Forum..Outta Respect For Pac And His Life,I request Ya'll try Not To Derail The Thread With Combat..I Know I can be combative but sometimes it happens..Just try to add love and science..Peace!!!
  • south4life
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I acknowledge his family ties all day. Tupac, HIMSELF, was not MLK or Malcolm however. He was an ENTERTAINER.

U do realize that Malcolm X was a criminal before he became Malcolm X?
    He was a criminal named Malcolm Little aka Detroit Red, but u never see people bringing that up when they talk about X.
    Meanwhile they always bring up the negative of Pac and never the positive but, uplift Biggie's negative ass.
  • major pain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    U do realize that Malcolm X was a criminal before he became Malcolm X?
    He was a criminal named Malcolm Little aka Detroit Red, but u never see people bringing that up when they talk about X.
    Meanwhile they always bring up the negative of Pac and never the positive but, uplift Biggie's negative ass.

I certainly do, but Malcolm certainly was not trying to "war" with his own people. Malcolm made a significant CHANGE in his life and left that kind of thing where it was. Tupac did not. He did/COULD not stay away from the BS. I also have NEVER uplifted Biggie. They are the same to me entertainers.... people add much more into the equation when they stop seeing them as such and make them into more than they are.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm telling u everybody thinks Pac was nothing, meanwhile they praise Biggie for being a negative person, not one time did Biggie do anything to help his community, hr sold ? to a pregnant woman and he choose to be a drug dealer when he was a honor roll student and his mom had money stacked for him.

Biggie was savage, and in my opinion a self-hating-? , he lusted after the most pale-skinned women and was once actually caught by his wife Faith having an extra-marital affair with a white woman.

Biggie was an obese and gluttonous human being who slandered his mother on wax, rapped about ? /homosexuality, and made over 50 ? references in his small catalog.

Biggie downplayed his middle-class upbringing and catholic-school education, and chose shock-core lyrics over social commentary. An animalistic woman-beater and self-loathing brute.

How can you call yourself the "King of New York" if you dont know who shot Tupac or they didnt come to you first to get a green-light??
    How can you be "Big Pappa" if your first baby's mother resembles a baby gorilla??

The Blacker the berry the sweeter the juice>>>>>>>>Black and ugly as ever
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pac dropped All This Meaningful music and he STILL was just scratching the surface of the things going on in the world

There WILL be another Pac..He can Be surpassed..But it takes the right amount of work and skills to surpass what he represented

The next Pac wont be a rapper...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    GOAT thread this was a great read
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yall been readin too much davinci code
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    k rino ice cube pac

goat
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Don't agree with everything in the thread but u got some good points think i should drop this vid to show how Pac was TRUE to himself
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All it take to be a revolutionary is to live and speak against the system of those in power. You can take their money and over throw their rule with simple words. When your words actually touch people you are starting a revolution. Some of the greatest revolutions for good and bad have come from hystorical orators no different then modern entertainers in their public followings. If you cannot get these simple facts you are either an idiot or in denial. But then their are others who fully comprehend and understand these facts but attempt to spin the topic to fit their agenda which of these do you fall into. You know who this is addressed to...
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Good thread, real ? to back it up too.

What i will say is, there will never be another "pac". The rap game is too messed up to be refurbished, because even if a dude dropped brendas got a baby today..he wouldn't get play over rick ross. The black people of today are too controlled to break out and understand that they are mind slaves. There are many indepedant artist that people deem "backpackers" that are making good, soulful, real music for the masses..for the real people that live out in the hoods and not for people that claim they are in the hood yet they live in houses with 4-5 bedrooms.

If there is ever another "Pac" it will not be in rap. It will be in another genre of music that has not been tapped yet by black people on the mainstream. That black artist that moves into another genre will have so much attention on him, and everything that he says will mean alot because he will have so many people that actually listen to him. Imagine if a black,young artist/group broke into the rock scene doing some pop music...then after they got popular switched modes to a more real music to move thier people?

Imagine if black people got into rock like eminem moved into rap and moved the white fans along with him. White people that never listened to rap or liked it at all because they didnt have someone relatable in it...find that in eminem, and they hang on to everything he says and defend him till the white meat.

Man let me get back to this guitar...yall not hearing me
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They have defame ALL of our Black icons in some shape form or fashion

T.I.
    2 Pac
    Jay-z--how is he defamed?
    Mike jordan--how is he defamed?
    Mike Jackson
    Mike Tyson--Mike was never right, extremely tough childhood
    Mary j blige--how is she defamed?
    Richard Pryor
    Eazy E
    Suge Knight
    Obama-shouldn't be on this list, racist/ignorant right-wingers talk nonsense about him
    Rosa Parks--how is she defamed?
    Martin Luther King--don't see how he was ever defamed
    Malcolm X--same as MLK
    Malachi K York--this guy molested over a dozen kids, had 100 counts on him of child molestation
    Marcus Garvey--how was he defamed?
    Tiger Woods

The list Is Infinte

They Won't Let black Icons die without tarnishing their legacies in the eyes of the public

The ones in bold did it to themselves.Mike Jackson touched little boys, and he bleached his skin, doesn't seem like he liked being black.Eazy-E caught AIDS man, his fault. Suge got everything he did with a little intimidation so he what goes around comes around, now he broke. Tiger shouldn't have been messing around with all those smuts. And Malachi York got convicted, I mean come on, dozens of children. I can understand what you are alluding to, but these people just don't seem to fit what you are trying to say.
  • emceemurda
    emceemurda Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    at the end of the day this is all just a theory anyways.. but i'm glad people are at least thinking about it and i'm pretty sure pac said he was killing the idea of an illuminati because it was killing brothers confidences. Hes like when he went to jail and he heard about it and he's like if its so secretive how do people in jail know about it and how it doesn't make sense. People love pac that they will undermine his actions and the truth is... a crip killed him and it was probably pac's fault. Everything else is just speculation. Could pac fake his death? I believe he was smart enough and capable to do it but that dude is dead... proof is loyal to the game and pac's life, he would never release that ? . This was a good album tho and yea if anyone had there third eye open it was probably him although i never met no one with it open or anything other then if its a symbol for increased awareness then i believe it.

also, whether illuminati exists or not, i do believe in cia and such.. every revolutionary dies check out all the revolutionaries in history specially in india from the british.

immortal technique the only rapper who is near that level.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Biggie was savage, and in my opinion a self-hating-? , he lusted after the most pale-skinned women and was once actually caught by his wife Faith having an extra-marital affair with a white woman.

Biggie was an obese and gluttonous human being who slandered his mother on wax, rapped about ? /homosexuality, and made over 50 ? references in his small catalog.

Biggie downplayed his middle-class upbringing and catholic-school education, and chose shock-core lyrics over social commentary. An animalistic woman-beater and self-loathing brute.

How can you call yourself the "King of New York" if you dont know who shot Tupac or they didnt come to you first to get a green-light??
    How can you be "Big Pappa" if your first baby's mother resembles a baby gorilla??

What more can I say? Thread is owned. Astute post...
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

While I may agree with ur assessment of one of the greatest to touch a mic.... doesnt take away from his skill as a lyricist. Some of you dudes expect a rapper to be more than a "RAPPER". Ther job is to entertain you with rhymes...not lead the revolution.

I love Pac music, I love BIg music. You wouldnt say Lebron is a better baller than Kobe based on "what they represent". ITs entertainment. IF u can entertain and have a message cool.
  • south4life
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I certainly do, but Malcolm certainly was not trying to "war" with his own people. Malcolm made a significant CHANGE in his life and left that kind of thing where it was. Tupac did not. He did/COULD not stay away from the BS. I also have NEVER uplifted Biggie. They are the same to me entertainers.... people add much more into the equation when they stop seeing them as such and make them into more than they are.

Pac never got a chance, he was starting to mature when he was killed and Malcom was 39 when he died, he had more time to mature
  • south4life
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The ones in bold did it to themselves.Mike Jackson touched little boys, and he bleached his skin, doesn't seem like he liked being black.Eazy-E caught AIDS man, his fault. Suge got everything he did with a little intimidation so he what goes around comes around, now he broke. Tiger shouldn't have been messing around with all those smuts. And Malachi York got convicted, I mean come on, dozens of children. I can understand what you are alluding to, but these people just don't seem to fit what you are trying to say.

Wrong, Mike didn't touch boys, the first ? that said Mike touched him, came out after Mike died and said he lied because his dad told him to do it, then when Mike tried to take it to court, the father didn't want to go to court, he wanted money, Mike refused to pay him but, his insurance company paid him, not Mike!
    When they asked the boy about it, he had mixed stories, they even got a tape conversation between the dad and his brother talking about he was gonna hit Mike where it hurt bad, he knew Mike loved kids but, he used that as a sick thing. If u don't believe me, it is on YouTube.
    After Mike died and the boy came out and said his dad told him to do it, the dad committed suicide out of guilt and tell me what parent would ask for money after their child said they were sexually assaulted? U would want to whoop they ass or take them to court to get them locked up, the last thing on your money would be money.

The second kid was in a family of con artists, the mom beat herself up and said that security beat her up, she sued the mall and they paid her, then Chris Tucker helped the boy out cause, he supposedly had cancer and Chris introduce them to Mike, Mike let them stay at his home For Free and they repaid him by lying on him. And then all of a sudden the boy got better in a short time, I had family members with cancer and it doesn't get better in least then a year!
    Then when they had him on the stand, he had two or three different stories, the mom wanted money but, instead it went to trail and they got nothing.

And Mike didn't bleach his skin, he had vitiligo, I got a cousin that is the exact color Mike was after vitiligo took over his body, yes Mike had too many nose jobs done.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    in the toss it up video tupac breaks a mirror and signifies 7 years of bad luck
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol death row records is a supper thuggish name bro