SMH...Lebron says "racism" is behind the backlash from "The Decision"

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    so was LeBron supposed to pull a Kevin Garnett and play on a team that will never have all the talent needed to win a title? the cav's had 7 years to build a team around LeBron, get him some quality teammates, a decent big man, decent/consistent point guard and they failed so he left...he made a business decision and the fans are ? because he took his emotions/feelings for his hometown out of it...

even KG said, he should have left minnesota early in his career.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    so was LeBron supposed to pull a Kevin Garnett and play on a team that will never have all the talent needed to win a title? the cav's had 7 years to build a team around LeBron, get him some quality teammates, a decent big man, decent/consistent point guard and they failed so he left...he made a business decision and the fans are ? because he took his emotions/feelings for his hometown out of it...

Its how it was done.. and elaborate coorination and a pep rally fit for MTV.. music awards guaranteeing8 championships... marketing .. business.. when your are a business man.. and a "BUSINESS... maaaaaaaaan" the flack comes with the territory..
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I may not have agreed with how LeBron carried the whole free-agency thing, but I’m not gonna hate the man...white people simply hate him...

Let’s face it. White America will never admit the superiority they feel they have over any black man. Whenever a black man stands up for what he believes, white america reacts as though he has forgot his place. You hate clemens, but he doesn’t get half the press Barry Bonds got.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i think its pretty clear, that the hate lebron received was not about race.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well I'm Black(for the most part) and I don't like him cause he's a lame ring chaser. If he went to the bulls I'd be applauding but clearly he made it up in his mind that he would either blow Jay-Z's ? or Wade's. He chose wade and whatever either way he's lame and will never get a ring for his troubles. And he can save that "we raised money for the Boy's and Girl's clubs" ? . He coulda just took that out of pocket and saved us that 2 week long fiasco.
    He's a ? and I'll stick by it
    This is Ohio Baby. Home of the brave. so good riddens to bad rubbish
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Its how it was done.. and elaborate coorination and a pep rally fit for MTV.. music awards guaranteeing8 championships... marketing .. business.. when your are a business man.. and a "BUSINESS... maaaaaaaaan" the flack comes with the territory..

its nothing wrong with that
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    even KG said, he should have left minnesota early in his career.

exactly...I don't know how/why the Cav's couldn't build Lebron a better team, but he did alot with the little he had, saw the Cavs weren't going to improve so he left...players do it all the time...why people are mad at LeBron for doing it is beyond me...hell Wade openly said "If the Heat don't get better I'm leaving" and nobody called him an ego maniac because of it...Chris Bosh is taking twitter votes on whether or not he should stay in Toronto but he's cool...but LeBron is now "scared" because he didn't want to stay on a team that was going to go no further than they went the past 2-3 years...
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Miami6 wrote: »
    I may not have agreed with how LeBron carried the whole free-agency thing, but I’m not gonna hate the man...white people simply hate him...

Let’s face it. White America will never admit the superiority they feel they have over any black man. Whenever a black man stands up for what he believes, white america reacts as though he has forgot his place. You hate clemens, but he doesn’t get half the press Barry Bonds got.

? shutup im pro black as you can get but this aint not .. malcom .. huey .. garvey ? .. .. you are seriously overreaching.. the fact of the matter is..alot of white people aint gonna like too many negroes .. you taking this ? too far. too ? far.. fall back..
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    I dont think ppl are mad that he left, t was HOW he left.

Most (not all) of the articles I read said that also.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

People were really mad that he made his decision on primetime tv without giving the cavs organization a heads up. Of course they wouldve been if he wouldve left the normal way but it was HOW he did it that multiplied it
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010
    Options

ok...so blame the Miami Heat for that...I doubt LeBron set up that party/interview him, Bosh, and Wade had the next day...and as far as guaranteeing multiple championships that ? gets said over and over again by players ever year...again people are taking ? that's common amongst players/teams and criticizing LeBron for it...what team doesn't make a big announcement when they get a new player? Hell they're doing a midnight madness thing around here for the start of the Wizards season...you know why...cuz of John Wall...the day after he got drafted there were shirts with the Wizards logo and the phrase "Prepare to go Wall to Wall" being sold already...teams market players and you're gonna fault the players for that now?
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    People were really mad that he made his decision on primetime tv without giving the cavs organization a heads up. Of course they wouldve been if he wouldve left the normal way but it was HOW he did it that multiplied it

if the public didn't create that demand there wouldn't have been a venue for him to do it...not telling the Cavs was a ? up move though
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Options

its not like owners give a player a heads up if they want to trade him or release him.
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sprin-off thread: what can lebron do to get back to the good graces of white folks?

remember Kobe got out of line with white folks..... but he learned how to smile and keep his opinions to basketball and white america forgave him.....
  • htowntx
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if the public didn't create that demand there wouldn't have been a venue for him to do it...not telling the Cavs was a ? up move though

Right. But if there's a public demand for ? and ? and I go out and sell it wouldn't I be foolish to not expect the consequences and backlash?
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    race is a factor...but its the WAY he said he's leaving that was the problem. he made an hour long spectacle of it. yes he gave money to chairty but that was jus to had the fact that he had eaten a big greasy ass burrito earlier n the day and took a nice steamy, thundershit on leaveland. THATS y nobody is talkin about the dam charity ? he's tryna hide behind.
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    It wasn't the media idea to host the special, let's not forget that. It also doesn't excuse the way LeBron handled the situation.

Cava had the best record in the league for 2 years... Cava had talent...LeBron didn't let the talent evolve....

Teaming up with 2 other superstars is what make people so angry....

no but if the media hadn't covered this story for 2 years endlessly I'm guessing LeBron and his people never would've thought "Let's announce this on tv"...supply/demand...and so what if LeBron teams up with 2 other superstars...do ya'll not realize how many championship teams in history have had MULTIPLE HOF's and All-Star players on them? I don't hear nobody taking ? away from 80's Pistons, Lakers, or Celtics and those 3 teams had damn near all-star squads year after year...if the talent around you can't evolve in 7 years then I think it's time to move on...
  • htowntx
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    its not like owners give a player a heads up if they want to trade him or release him.

In most cases they do
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    True @ ? .. you gotta change your came to compliment the team.. i was saying this forever.. if they would have let the PG.. actually play PG.. they would have been a better less predictable team for it.
  • blackrain
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Right. But if there's a public demand for ? and ? and I go out and sell it wouldn't I be foolish to not expect the consequences and backlash?

no you should and I'm not saying LeBron shouldn't get some backlash for the special cuz I thought it was ego driven too, already said that, but I also don't see why people are putting this all on him like he's doing something that's never been done before in the NBA...so he teamed up with 2 other All-Stars...name me some players that won titles being the only marquee players on the team...
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i had to go back to the discussion on the most hated list q score (pimpV would be proud of me using the backspace button) LOL

but anyway.....

as a black man it is still hard to understand how the top six hated athletes are all black. Its an answer I still don’t see answered on this thread bythe white people on this board. Sure you can dislike Lebron for his decision but to hate him more than a two time accused ? is mind boggling.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    LeBron crushes a city.... Favre can't make up his mind

The LeBron incident is more devastating.... after a while the Favre thing gets old and no one cares

If they gave him that much power to control their emotions...that's their ? fault.
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Miami6 wrote: »
    sprin-off thread: what can lebron do to get back to the good graces of white folks?

remember Kobe got out of line with white folks..... but he learned how to smile and keep his opinions to basketball and white america forgave him.....

Kobe never offered his opinions on anything.. who was the last superstar NBA athlete to do that... well.. yeah kareem.. sit down..
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The thing about Lebron was that he demanded the opportunity to be the man. CLE obliged(see( R.Davis & Boozier) and gave him the opportunity. Once he realized he couldn't be the man or eat the peanuts out of kobe's ? after he ate mexican, he decided to pack his panties and head down south to play with an established powerhouse.
    That's why we mad. we don't conduct ourselves that way out here in buckeye country.
    ? Queen James