SMH...Lebron says "racism" is behind the backlash from "The Decision"

Options

Comments

• Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lebron-james-dancing-o.gif

hahaha..this was the night when noah called him out on it....i knew he was NEVER gonna sign with chicago in the off season............... b/c that was real beef
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    this list is fake. when did lane kiffin become an athlete?

mike vick was one of the most hated athletes in sports while he was locked up. how you in sports when you in jail?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why is that bad?

No one gets in trouble for partying and drinking. NO ONE.

Well it depends on circumstances.
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    yea but drew brees does the same stuff and i wouldnt consider him to be loud.

Brees is humble, Farve does off the field ? that makes him look like an ass.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    mike vick was one of the most hated athletes in sports while he was locked up. how you in sports when you in jail?

is lane kiffin an athlete?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yea bron bron tripping on this one
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Well it depends on circumstances.

No it doesn't. No one has ever gotten in trouble for drinking and partying. Ever.

The only time people get in trouble for that is when they go to strip clubs and leave a blood trail behind at everyone, catch DUI's, wreck cars, etc... never has anyone got in trouble for just having fun.

And if you remember at the beginning of Favre's career alot of people hated him because of his drinking and partying. Dude cleaned his ? up, went to Green Bay, started practicing and playing well and people forgave him.
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No it doesn't. No one has ever gotten in trouble for drinking and partying. Ever.

The only time people get in trouble for that is when they go to strip clubs and leave a blood trail behind at everyone, catch DUI's, wreck cars, etc... never has anyone got in trouble for just having fun.

And if you remember at the beginning of Favre's career alot of people hated him because of his drinking and partying. Dude cleaned his ? up, went to Green Bay, started practicing and playing well and people forgave him.

So no minor has gotten into trouble for drinking and partying? How about drinking at dry universities? Like I said circumstances.
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    is lane kiffin an athlete?

lol i dont know if he's ever played a sport in his life. but if a non-athlete on a list of most hated athletes discredits a list, then why don't you discredit a list of most hated athletes where the list is actually illustrating the level of marketability of the athlete, not how much people hate them.
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol i dont know if he's ever played a sport in his life. but if a non-athlete on a list of most hated athletes discredits a list, then why don't you discredit a list of most hated athletes where the list is actually illustrating the level of marketability of the athlete, not how much people hate them.

lol thats different
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So no minor has gotten into trouble for drinking and partying? How about drinking at dry universities? Like I said circumstances.

We're talking NFL Jamaica, come on now. Stay on subject.
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol thats different

stop laughing. the list with Ocho and TO on it is not a list of most hated athletes
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    stop laughing. the list with Ocho and TO on it is not a list of most hated athletes

lol ok.......
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    We're talking NFL Jamaica, come on now. Stay on subject.

You have to define what you mean by "no one".
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You have to define what you mean by "no one".

No one in the NFL has ever gotten into trouble for simply drinking and partying.

or in Favre's case just being loud and obnoxious.

I don't know if this is what you're trying to do or not, but I hear ? all the time talking about it's ? that guys like T.O. and Chad, and Pacman etc... get in trouble for being loud and partying but Favre doesn't. And that's how you be comin off sometimes with Favre, as if he should be associated with them simply because of how he acts around the media.
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No one in the NFL has ever gotten into trouble for simply drinking and partying.

or in Favre's case just being loud and obnoxious.

I don't know if this is what you're trying to do or not, but I hear ? all the time talking about it's ? that guys like T.O. and Chad, and Pacman etc... get in trouble for being loud and partying but Favre doesn't. And that's how you be comin off sometimes with Favre, as if he should be associated with them simply because of how he acts around the media.

What has TO and Ocho done to deserve hate besides be arrogant, loud and celebrate after touch downs. Just like Farve celebrates after throwing a TD they call it "youthful enthusiasm", Farve is arrogant and is a selfish ? , yet he is not considered a cancer or distraction.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What has TO and Ocho done to deserve hate besides be arrogant, loud and celebrate after touch downs. Just like Farve celebrates after throwing a TD they call it "youthful enthusiasm", Farve is arrogant and is a selfish ? , yet he is not considered a cancer or distraction.

I agree with Chad, but T.O. deserves the disrespect that he gets.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Miami6 wrote: »
    race plays a part in it.... did u see the way the cleveland owner treated him as his "slave" running away from his masters plantation...white people are on some ? .........

no he treated him like the punk he is. dude straight ? up any attempt at rebuilding that Cleveland team because he wanted to "keep his options open." ? that, he could have told the team he was leaving instead of doing it like he did. This aint ? to do with race. Lebron is just a ? and the whole world seen his true colors and it aint black, its yellow. He just tryin to get the heat off his back because his fragile ego cant handle it.
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options

lets see. TO gets traded and ? about where he gets traded to, acting like a free agent and can choose his destination. now Elway and E. Manning did similar things in their draft, refusing to play for a certain team, and they caught all kinds of grief, but after that incident they shut the ? up and played football and got ring(s)....TO kept yapping and bringing attention to himself and didn't win a thing so of course the perception is gonna be different
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lets see. TO gets traded and ? about where he gets traded to, acting like a free agent and can choose his destination. now Elway and E. Manning did similar things in their draft, refusing to play for a certain team, and they caught all kinds of grief, but after that incident they shut the ? up and played football and got ring(s)....TO kept yapping and bringing attention to himself and didn't win a thing so of course the perception is gonna be different

TO can be selfish, arrogant etc but being black and doing all that stuff doesn't help at all Matt lets be real. Especially when you occasionally ? on the media like TO does, these reporters hold grudges for decades. Now Farve ? his way out of ATL in the early 90's. Then retired from GB in 08, then had a change of heart and wanted to come and start after GB gave the starting job to Rodgers. They wanted GB to demote Rodgers and place him back as the starter. He showed no kind of class in the two games against GB. He lost in the playoffs and "retired" again only to come back a week before the season.
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    people are sick of favre, anywhere you go in real life and talk favre, people are sick of him. i don't understand where yall get the idea that people have no problem with how he's acted
  • headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm black and I hate-on Lebron, for not coming to chicago and playing that ? out the way he did, and I think it's a ? move if you're supposed to be the best player in the world, to just cop out and essentially "buy your rings," like the yankees always do.

That said, outside of my team allegiances, I have no perosnal hatred of lebron. And I think most if not all of the hatred he gets now comes from the way he carreid that ? out. The owner of the cavs was mad no doubt, but I dont think he was purposely comparing bron to a slave. He is an employee after all, everybody else in the real world is required to give a two week notice, he didn't let the cavs know he was leaving their organization untill the last second. I think anybody who owned a company and invested that much into one employee would be mad if said employee just took off on your ass.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    SMH at Lebron playing the race card after he refused to lend his support to the people of Darfur, ? sellout uncle tom ass ? .
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    Options
    headrek1 wrote: »
    I'm black and I hate-on Lebron, for not coming to chicago and playing that ? out the way he did, and I think it's a ? move if you're supposed to be the best player in the world, to just cop out and essentially "buy your rings," like the yankees always do.

That said, outside of my team allegiances, I have no perosnal hatred of lebron. And I think most if not all of the hatred he gets now comes from the way he carreid that ? out. The owner of the cavs was mad no doubt, but I dont think he was purposely comparing bron to a slave. He is an employee after all, everybody else in the real world is required to give a two week notice, he didn't let the cavs know he was leaving their organization untill the last second. I think anybody who owned a company and invested that much into one employee would be mad if said employee just took off on your ass.

thanks for clearing up any confusion with that post
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bron just ain't know how to properly articulate his thoughts. Then he ? up again with that gibberish he said to Rachel Nichols
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I cant hate on him for giving himself the best chance to win a ring,and for giving 3 million to the boys and girls club. I would of dont the same thing if i was in his spot