htowntx wrote: »
    In most cases they do

thats prove my point
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Miami6 wrote: »
    i had to go back to the discussion on the most hated list q score (pimpV would be proud of me using the backspace button) LOL

but anyway.....

as a black man it is still hard to understand how the top six hated athletes are all black. Its an answer I still don’t see answered on this thread bythe white people on this board. Sure you can dislike Lebron for his decision but to hate him more than a two time accused ? is mind boggling.

how the hell is ocho cinco on that list?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i hope yall can grasp what he's trying to do by playing the race card
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Black athletes are part of the upper echelon in most major American sports. I'd expect about 7/10 of the most hated athletes to be black, b/c they are the ones excelling. How many white athletes do people really give a sh*t about?

With that said I totally agree that covert racism STILL is a factor.
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sprin-off thread: what can lebron do to get back to the good graces of white folks?

remember Kobe got out of line with white folks..... but he learned how to smile and keep his opinions to basketball and white america forgave him.....

isn't kobe on that hated athletes list?
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Black athletes are part of the upper echelon in most major American sports. I'd expect about 7/10 of the most hated athletes to be black, b/c they are the ones excelling. How many white athletes do people really give a sh*t about?

With that said I totally agree that covert racism STILL is a factor.

Thank you.
    my sentiments exactly
    add the fact that it's not just white people voting. half the people that voted for Kobe were probably black people who loved Lebron
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    isn't kobe on that hated athletes list?

1. Michael Vick

2. Tiger Woods

3. Terrell Owens

4. Chad Ochocinco

5. Kobe Bryant.

6. Lebron.........

yeah kobe is STIL on the list..but he has come a long way.....since that ? trial.....i think hatred for kobe now is simply hatred for his championships.........
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i hope yall can grasp what he's trying to do by playing the race card

the race card....

white people loaded the deck.

serious note.. your are the sean hannity.. or jesse lee peterson of the forum
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    exactly...I don't know how/why the Cav's couldn't build Lebron a better team, but he did alot with the little he had, saw the Cavs weren't going to improve so he left...players do it all the time...why people are mad at LeBron for doing it is beyond me...hell Wade openly said "If the Heat don't get better I'm leaving" and nobody called him an ego maniac because of it...Chris Bosh is taking twitter votes on whether or not he should stay in Toronto but he's cool...but LeBron is now "scared" because he didn't want to stay on a team that was going to go no further than they went the past 2-3 years...

Chris Bosh got slack in Toronto and also he's not on the same level as Lebron which is why no one else really cared what he was doing.

I understand lebrons reasons for leaving. Its how he announced his decision that doesn't sit well with me or other people.
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    The thing about Lebron was that he demanded the opportunity to be the man. CLE obliged(see( R.Davis & Boozier) and gave him the opportunity. Once he realized he couldn't be the man or eat the peanuts out of kobe's ? after he ate mexican, he decided to pack his panties and head down south to play with an established powerhouse.
    That's why we mad. we don't conduct ourselves that way out here in buckeye country.
    ? Queen James

wow.....hahahhaha... lebron is gonna need more than a police ? when he returns to play cleveland this year.....If i were miami heat...i would request the NATIONAL GUARD..>FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    how the hell is ocho cinco on that list?

white people dont like black folks who act arrogant..and are loud....they hate to see us show our personality....they want you to be quiet like u are on the plantation............
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lebron killed a city. He helped that city and their economy. I dont agree with the way the owner handled it but he gave lebron everything he wanted he gave his boys jobs. When every lebron wanted something they tried to make it happen. But lebron feels like he doesnt owe the cavs anything but he does no superstar gets treated the way lebron did he got treated far better by the city and the team and just to bounce like that with out sayin ? is ? up. The decision was like a punch in the face to the team and city. Gilbert has every right to be upset thats like your in love with a chick been goin out for a couple years and one mourning you wake up and you found out she bounced with your best friend
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    white people dont like black folks who act arrogant..and are loud....they hate to see us show our personality....they want you to be quiet like u are on the plantation............

YO SHUT ... THE ? UP

ocho or TO doesnt belong on the list.. your sounding real elementary fam.. thats all im saying. idk but your ? post are annoying me.. true ? .. they like regimented.. negroes.. and for everyone to behave like IROBOTS.. but.. your ? is gettin tired.
  • robdaze151
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wow.....hahahhaha... lebron is gonna need more than a police ? when he returns to play cleveland this year.....If i were miami heat...i would request the NATIONAL GUARD..>FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed. he will be pelted with buckeys and dog ?
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Options

lol true....
  • robdaze151
    edited September 2010
    Options
    YO SHUT ... THE ? UP

ocho or TO doesnt belong on the list.. your sounding real elementary fam.. thats all im saying. idk but your ? post are annoying me.. true ? .. they like regimented.. negroes.. and for everyone to behave like IROBOTS.. but.. your ? is gettin tired.

I for one don't like Ochostinko or B.o. And I like them even less because they play for the ? - Bunguls
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    YO SHUT ... THE ? UP

isnt that what i said...white people want u to be like a black folk on the palntation....they want u to just be quiet and dont say ? to them...........
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    lebron killed a city. He helped that city and their economy. I dont agree with the way the owner handled it but he gave lebron everything he wanted he gave his boys jobs. When every lebron wanted something they tried to make it happen. But lebron feels like he doesnt owe the cavs anything but he does no superstar gets treated the way lebron did he got treated far better by the city and the team and just to bounce like that with out sayin ? is ? up. The decision was like a punch in the face to the team and city. Gilbert has every right to be upset thats like your in love with a chick been goin out for a couple years and one mourning you wake up and you found out she bounced with your best friend

the city of Cleveland is stupid is ? for tying the economy to Lebron...what if the ? didn't leave but just got hurt and had to retire?
  • strangefruit
    strangefruit Members Posts: 41
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lebron did nothing wrong the ? was a free agent, that means not under any contract
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the city of Cleveland is stupid is ? for tying the economy to Lebron...what if the ? didn't leave but just got hurt and had to retire?

its was a natural thing.. His presence brought opportunities.. created new ones.. bolster the economy of the local businesses that were already there.. City of Cleveland was just a victim of the circumstance.. cleveland was shaky financially before hand.. anyway
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

but he didnt get hurt or retired he just left. He showed no respect they showed him all that love and he just deaded them
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lebron needs fire this maverick carter fool...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    He's got a point.

Black people kinda look like the Decision as "Well, I don't like it, but get those rings and the money. Can't hate on you, dude."

White folks - OUTSIDE of Cleveland -.....welll.....

He got his jerseys torched
    He got Death Threats
    People on boards wishing for goons to injure him, broken bones, "LeBron is ****** ? ", ? like that.

Meanwhile, Big Ben and Brett Favre runs around, criticism-free.

Da ? part of the game is any of this....Hell yeah, some of it IS racist. You're a fool to believe otherwise.

^^^This. White people always hold athletes up to some ridiculously high standard, like just because he plays sports, he's a great role model. (How does that even make sense? Their thought process is very illogical if you ask me, but whatever)...

They always try to tear down any black athlete who made a mistake in their eyes... Look at Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods etc. and now Lebron James.

If it was Dirk or Nash instead of Kobe and Lebron, no one would care.

If it was Phil Mickelson instead of Tiger, no one would care.

Also, look at how those white ? kept snitching on Tiger. Wasn't it like 20+ ?.... It's like ? , leave the man alone.... They always try to kick a man while he's down.

In brief, something's just wrong with their character. White people as a whole, seem to be off mentally.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lebron just needs to shut up, and let his play on the court do his talkin.

this whole thing with 'the decision' and all that other ? has been blown way outta porportion.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They (whites) may use the "decision" as a knock on black athletes. You know many whites have some ill feelings towards them to begin with. So that really didn't help. With that said majority of his backlash is clearly because of how he handled the "decision". He should have told Cleveland before the season that he is leaving at the end of the season. Instead he dragged it along and gave Cleveland the impression that he would re-sign with them.