SMH...Lebron says "racism" is behind the backlash from "The Decision"

Options

Comments

• smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    juice86 wrote: »
    I cant hate on him for giving himself the best chance to win a ring,and for giving 3 million to the boys and girls club. I would of dont the same thing if i was in his spot

when are yall gonna learn its not about that? Everyone is mad about HOW he left not BECAUSE he left.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I mean he donated big deall it was really to try to take the sing out of the diva move.. donating 3 mil great job but the ? was real see thru

agreed...
    I dont even wanna hear all that really because he could have gave that money to some people where it would have acually made a difference. That ole donate to boys and girls club of America was a front. How bout doing something original and giving the money where it would make a real difference
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    when are yall gonna learn its not about that? Everyone is mad about HOW he left not BECAUSE he left.

Correction, ppl are mad about where he went.....assuming he handled the situation the same way and went anywhere but Miami nobody would be ? like females on her menstrual cycle
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    these folks is bullshittin!
    actin like, "oh he broke the hearts of this many fans and blah blah blah"
    sure, that's the major reason
    but another part of the ? has to be because it was a black man that did it
    let larry bird had done that ? and said he was leavin the celtics to go to the lakers
    they wouldn't have been burning his ? jerseys
    the owner of the celtics wouldn't have wrote no letter talkin bout bird gave up on them in playoffs
    these ? better quit actin like racism is a thing of the past
  • cmick
    cmick Members Posts: 208 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm ? lost.

Sounds like you talkin about Shaq or somethin but....i just dont know....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    White folks cant stand a cocky arrogant self centered black athlete. They can tolerate the white ones. What Lebron did was unthoughtful but there is a level of racism involved but not as much as people think.
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lebron escaped the plantation...thats why they mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cmick
    cmick Members Posts: 208 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh this was about LBJ.

I need to log my ass off and take a nap.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    Correction, ppl are mad about where he went.....assuming he handled the situation the same way and went anywhere but Miami nobody would be ? like females on her menstrual cycle

No, I think its mostly about how he left. Him goin to Miami to join Wade and Bosh didnt help either because it just looks like him teaming up with his buddys cuz he cant do it by himself but this is really about how he did it. Lets not act like that aint what it is, if your a Lebron stan and cant admit it cool but it doesnt mean it aint true.
  • yroholla
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No, I think its mostly about how he left. Him goin to Miami to join Wade and Bosh didnt help either because it just looks like him teaming up with his buddys cuz he cant do it by himself but this is really about how he did it. Lets not act like that aint what it is, if your a Lebron stan and cant admit it cool but it doesnt mean it aint true.

Nah far from a LeBron stan....I respect his game and his decision as well tho......and imma have to disagree with u again.....ever since LeBron chose Miami, ppl would say LeBron is wrong for how he left AND the fact that he needed another superstar or "super team"....soon thereafter it became mainly about where he went as evidenced by the hundreds of threads calling LeBron "Wades Pippen/? /Robin/Sidekick" and of course criticisms from Malone, Jordan, Bird,Magic etc., I don't recall them giving a ? about how LeBron left but WHERE he went...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    2 months later and we're still arguing about this ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    White folks - OUTSIDE of Cleveland -.....welll.....

He got his jerseys torched
    He got Death Threats
    People on boards wishing for goons to injure him, broken bones, "LeBron is ****** ? ", ? like that.

White People OUTSIDE of Cleveland were doing that? We don't believe you, you need more people.
  • yroholla
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »

LOL you speak too soon....imagine if they win a ring....might as well get used to it
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? you Matt for making this thread.

Soon as I saw it I was like "SMH, smart dumb ? gonna start crying for Lebron like he Assata Shakur".

ohhhh nooooo poor Lebron's jersey got burned by angry Cleveland fans......he's just like Medgar Evers or Jesse Washington
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    white people are a disgrace...at my job..on the IC..in the ? .....etc etc...Race was an obvious factor. Race will always be a factor in America. When is Brett Favre going to start getting hella-backlash for retiring every year!? Lebron did what he wanted to do & Whitey didn't have control over it so they painted him as a monster as revenge [trying to show him they will always be the boss]. Hey, Lebron gets respect from me!
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

nah he said it last night i think
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lebron still takes the major L card for calling it a race issue...
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Its funny yall made this thread. I was just listening to ESPN radio in the car. They were talking about this and surprisingly some of the people on there actually agrred with LeBron some what.....
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The race card, can't leave home without it
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Real talk though, lebron just made ? look bad saying that stupid ? . Everything ain't all about race. Especially when it was ? and honkies out there burning his jersey . I don't think barkley and jordan are racist by showing their disgust about his decision. Like it has been stated earlier, it's not what he did, its how he did it. Smh @ this ? saying i'm uncle ruckus cuz i thought the move he pulled was ?
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Its funny yall made this thread. I was just listening to ESPN radio in the car. They were talking about this and surprisingly some of the people on there actually agrred with LeBron some what.....

i havent read the 20+ pages of responses to this but he is somewhat rite: look at this: Among non-blacks, James' negative Q rating went from 24 percent to 44 after his free-agency announcement. However, among blacks, his negative Q Score slipped just from 14 percent to 15 percent.

there is some possibly that race was an issue
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

this ? is gonna hang over 'brons head 4 the rest of his life...with that said, dis ? will always find its way into a convo.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I said this 1000 times..some white ppl not gonna like him past what he does for their team.. that goes for any ? athlete has very little to do with the decision.. they dont like him because they dont like him..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    C'mon man, race didn't have ? to do with this. Those white people were camping out in the park and holding "Please stay Lebron" rallies. They loved that dude. He didn't get backlash because he's black. He got backlash because he ? on those people. I get tired of everyone trying to make a race issue out of ? . Dude is hated universally now, not just by white people. Go to youtube and you'll see a ton of videos with black people burning his jersey too. You do something foul, people will hate you. That has nothing to do with race.
  • luckyme1500
    luckyme1500 Members Posts: 37
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bottom Line....Homie made a ? up business move....ans the more he talk about it...the more he looks stupid about it.....just shut up and do what you do best....PLAY BALL!!