2nd Annual Weightloss Competition

Options

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    just did 11 miles on the bike at them gym, smh, ? was no joke, but doing it again later today!!!
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Worked out a couple hours ago. Wanted to do some running on the treadmill, but someone came in and got on there while I was doing leg extensions. I warmed up with 10 minutes on the stepper and after I did the weights, I finished up with 20 minutes on the stepper.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    just did 11 miles on the bike at them gym, smh, ? was no joke, but doing it again later today!!!
    Good ? ....

I ran 8 miles on the treadmill today - BEAST MODE!

• BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    Good ? ....

I ran 8 miles on the treadmill today - BEAST MODE!

How many hours does that equate to?
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How many hours does that equate to?
    I run that in under an hour, boss. The speed I currently run at is 9.0 mph on the treadmill :tu When I first started working out I could barely run at 5.0 but I've worked my way up considerably.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I run that in under an hour, boss. The speed I currently run at is 9.0 mph on the treadmill :tu When I first started working out I could barely run at 5.0 but I've worked my way up considerably.

That's what I'm talking about, fam! *daps*
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

DAMN! That's whats up!
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about, fam! *daps*
    *daps*
    DAMN! That's whats up!
    *daps*
    9.0 mph non-stop in under an hour?

shiiiiiiit. you're a better man than me.
    *daps*

The ? isnt easy at all, trust me. But with me, when I keep running instead of stopping, (like I feel like at times) my body goes into auto-pilot and my legs just seem like they moving by themselves lol I run with my headphones blaring in my ears, which helps me out alot. And as long as I have my water bottle on hand, I'm good :tu But I only run THAT long once or twice a week. Normally, I only run until I burn 500 calories (around the 26 minute mark) then I hit a little bit of weights (two to three times a week), but I'm in the bag room and on the treadmill 5 days a week for the most part :tu

I thought about recording myself running for an hour and posting the video to give Du some motivation lol I see you, Du!
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

DAMN Harrison put's my 9 minute mile to shame :(
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? frontin like he Wally West out chea....
  • J-GUTTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

Harrison must be Nigerian running like that.
  • a.mann
    edited May 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Harrison must be Nigerian running like that.

or imagining he got the Po-Po chasing his ass....
  • J-GUTTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    or imagining he got the Po-Po chasing his ass....

bet if he wants to make some quick cash he needs to go down to the border throw a couple mexicans over his shoulder and run them across the border. That's like 7 stacks a person
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options
    DAMN Harrison put's my 9 minute mile to shame :(
    Lol I had this running coach at the gym approach me about joining his running squad not too long ago. ? said he wanted to train me to run marathons and ? . I told him "I'm cool. I'm just doing this to lose weight" lol He told me I should explore running since I'm so good at it *shrugs*
    Smh... ? ! lol
    bet if he wants to make some quick cash he needs to go down to the border throw a couple mexicans over his shoulder and run them across the border. That's like 7 stacks a person
    Lol Right. I'm just motivated to lose this damn fat, fam :tu Mentally, I'm as strong as they come and my will is the same. Trust me, my body is ALWAYS screaming for me to stop but my mentality, motivation, and drive for results wont allow me to quit until I hit my goal. I want to start bulking up and packing on muscle by the beginning of June so I'm pushing hard this last month to get my body fat levels as low as I can by then :tu
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok i changed my diet a bit last week imma stick with this for a moment, feeling energized

breakfast: two hard boiled egg whites and half a banana

snack: mozzarella stick

Lunch: no bread no cheese turkey sammich

snack: wholey guacamole snack pack (100 calories) and carrot sticks

dinner: grilled chicken breast and brown rice

protein drink after every work out too
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Another great workout on Thursday; this time, at my place.
  • a.mann
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok i changed my diet a bit last week imma stick with this for a moment, feeling energized

breakfast: two hard boiled egg whites and half a banana

snack: mozzarella stick
    Lunch: no bread no cheese turkey sammich
    snack: wholey guacamole snack pack (100 calories) and carrot sticks
    dinner: grilled chicken breast and brown rice

protein drink after every work out too

After extensive critique of your progress pics, exactly what goals are you trying to accomplish with your physique??

To look like this:
    2z7o9l2.gif
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited May 2011
    Options
    After extensive critique of your progress pics, exactly what goals are you trying to accomplish with your physique??

To look like this:
    2z7o9l2.gif

hell no

more around this, trim yet still soft
    kim-bikini.jpg
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Pico's pics are making me feel like my fat ass needs to be in here. :(

How do you find motivation...I lost mine. :(
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *daps*

*daps*

*daps*

The ? isnt easy at all, trust me. But with me, when I keep running instead of stopping, (like I feel like at times) my body goes into auto-pilot and my legs just seem like they moving by themselves lol I run with my headphones blaring in my ears, which helps me out alot. And as long as I have my water bottle on hand, I'm good :tu But I only run THAT long once or twice a week. Normally, I only run until I burn 500 calories (around the 26 minute mark) then I hit a little bit of weights (two to three times a week), but I'm in the bag room and on the treadmill 5 days a week for the most part :tu

I thought about recording myself running for an hour and posting the video to give Du some motivation lol I see you, Du!

When you began running, did you experience any pains in your chest, sides? That's what kept me from running?
  • J-GUTTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    When you began running, did you experience any pains in your chest, sides? That's what kept me from running?

i know i get those pains..but usually its when i dont drink enough water that day.

^^^^
    This drink water
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You guys seem to be pretty knowledgeable about losing weight so maybe you called give me some pointers. I recently realized I gained a few pounds over the last few months. I was 132lbs at 5'4. I'm short I know, Lol, but I started dieting and exercising mainly focusing on cardio(bike, treadmill, stairclimber) and I would do maybe one or two days of weights. I managed to lose 7 lbs in 2 months and I'm trying to lose the last 5lbs to get down to 120. I want to lose it in 2 weeks and I want to do to a good way, not just water weight and not starving myself.

Has anyone been able to lose 5lbs in a short period of time?It may not seem like much but when you're not really that big, it's hard to lose weight even a pound a times..

I've upped my cardio. I run on the treadmill for 20 minutes now fluctuating between 6.0 and 7.5. I do hill climbing on the bike for 10 minutes at level 12. I get on the elliptical trainer for ten minutes and now I'm doing 15 minute weight workouts every morning and that includes lunges, squats and abs..

It's been a week since i started this new routine and I haven't lost anything yet. I may be gaining muscle but I really want these pounds off. Any advice is welcome..

Oh and I'm a vegetarian so I mainly focus on vegetables, brown rice, drink 12 glasses of water a day, fiber bars and maybe some fruit or a veggie sub from subway..
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Pico's pics are making me feel like my fat ass needs to be in here. :(

How do you find motivation...I lost mine. :(

I think about the way my BF is in the gym lookin all good with his toned body, I cant be flabby Frieda standing next to him
    or all the new smaller clothes i've bought :):)
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I normally dont have any chest or side pains. I make sure I stay well hydrated to avoid any of that. Before I hop on the treadmill in the morning I guzzle at least 20-30 ounces of water. Then while I'm running and start to lose the water through sweating I just pick up my water bottle and drink away :tu
    i know i get those pains..but usually its when i dont drink enough water that day.
    Word
    ^^^^
    This drink water
    Word x 2
  • Mastery
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You guys seem to be pretty knowledgeable about losing weight so maybe you called give me some pointers. I recently realized I gained a few pounds over the last few months. I was 132lbs at 5'4. I'm short I know, Lol, but I started dieting and exercising mainly focusing on cardio(bike, treadmill, stairclimber) and I would do maybe one or two days of weights. I managed to lose 7 lbs in 2 months and I'm trying to lose the last 5lbs to get down to 120. I want to lose it in 2 weeks and I want to do to a good way, not just water weight and not starving myself.

Has anyone been able to lose 5lbs in a short period of time?It may not seem like much but when you're not really that big, it's hard to lose weight even a pound a times..

I've upped my cardio. I run on the treadmill for 20 minutes now fluctuating between 6.0 and 7.5. I do hill climbing on the bike for 10 minutes at level 12. I get on the elliptical trainer for ten minutes and now I'm doing 15 minute weight workouts every morning and that includes lunges, squats and abs..

It's been a week since i started this new routine and I haven't lost anything yet. I may be gaining muscle but I really want these pounds off. Any advice is welcome..

Oh and I'm a vegetarian so I mainly focus on vegetables, brown rice, drink 12 glasses of water a day, fiber bars and maybe some fruit or a veggie sub from subway..
    5 lbs in two weeks is very attainable :tu You just need to create a calorie deficit (500 below your maintenance level) and continue to exercise. It'll come right off.

Since you're 5'4 and weigh 127 lbs and depending on how old you are, your maintenance level should be somewhere around 1300-1450 calories a day. Try only taking in 900 - 1000 calories a day for the next two weeks while continuing to exercise and see how that works out for you. Also remember that you take in calories through whatever you drink as well, unless it is a calorie-less drink.