2nd Annual Weightloss Competition

Options

Comments

• J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WallH wrote: »

Lmao @ Shrek. I got lazy, then I got injured which led to me being even more lazy in addition to stuffing my face on a daily. Dont worry though, those days are long gone. A ? was straight disgusted with myself, ashamed even. I cant wait to start packing the muscle on though :tu

What up Harrison

*daps*

yo we all know you know how to cut but what are you going to do when you bulk up? Onnevol? Halovar?Test? D-Bol? or are you just going to up your protein?
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    do your weight training before cardio

That's what I normally do. Weight train in the morning then cardio but since I was planning on pushing pass my endurance and increasing my level of resistance, I figured I should hold off on the weights until afterwards..

That wasn't a good idea.. I'll keep doing the weight training before from now on..
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    What up Harrison

*daps*

yo we all know you know how to cut but what are you going to do when you bulk up? Onnevol? Halovar?Test? D-Bol? or are you just going to up your protein?
    *daps*

That was the first time I ever cut so that was a learning process for me as well :tu

To bulk up will be a learning process as well, although I've done countless hours of research already to get prepared :tu I will up my protein, increase my calories to around 3000 daily, depending on what my weight is when I'm done cutting. I have this calculator that tells me how many grams of protein, carbs, and fats I need daily (depending on your weight) when starting to bulk. I'll be looking to get big as ? so the next time I cut, I will have already have that size :tu We'll see how it goes and If I need to tweak anything while bulking, it'll be be tweaked.
  • J-GUTTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    *daps*

That was the first time I ever cut so that was a learning process for me as well :tu

To bulk up will be a learning process as well, although I've done countless hours of research already to get prepared :tu I will up my protein, increase my calories to around 3000 daily, depending on what my weight is when I'm done cutting. I have this calculator that tells me how many grams of protein, carbs, and fats I need daily (depending on your weight) when starting to bulk. I'll be looking to get big as ? so the next time I cut, I will have already have that size :tu We'll see how it goes and If I need to tweak anything while bulking, it'll be be tweaked.

So are you going heavy off the bat? Man one thing that you need to prepare yourself for yo is the weight gain of bulking up. The mind can ? with you went you spent a year losing weight.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So are you going heavy off the bat? Man one thing that you need to prepare yourself for yo is the weight gain of bulking up. The mind can ? with you went you spent a year losing weight.
    I'm already knowing lol The weight gain will have absolutely no effect on my mental whatsoever. I know it comes with bulking and I'm more than prepared for that. I wanted to start lifting when I was at 223 lbs but knew my results would be better if I lost most of the fat first, and started lifting afterwards :tu
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im bout to start hittin these abs!! a young melanin deficient ? bout to be on!!!!
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I felt mad good yesterday.
    Did my usual 25 on the elliptical and in the evening I ate til my belly was full being that it was a Mother's Day dinner :/
    To make up for that I was doing some of that video posted in another thread with jumping squats and so forth and ran around my way being that we spent the end of the day outside. Worked off all that dinner :)

hey you know what video you should try "Jillian Michael's 30 day shred" smh it got me sweaty and cursin the tv in my living room
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im bout to start hittin these abs!! a young melanin deficient ? bout to be on!!!!

lol I hear ya
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh yeah! Another great workout this afternoon!
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hey you know what video you should try "Jillian Michael's 30 day shred" smh it got me sweaty and cursin the tv in my living room

Alright.....okay....let's do this.Woooooo saaaaaaaaa. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    what are some good exercises that helps build the chest?
  • J-GUTTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    what are some good exercises that helps build the chest?

I suggest incline butterfly press spreads out your chest and honestly going heavy on the bench press.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So yesterday was D-day, I finally had to go to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) for my medical portion to join the reserves. I had to get either a 37 waist or weigh 211lbs. I was nervous as hell, But I got both, a 37 waist and 211lbs. Now my goal is to get to 206lbs by June 30th. Five lbs in more than a month is very doable without killing myself. I want to do it while maintaining a livable lifestyle. I plan on starting back on P90X next week. I stop because my classes were getting hectic! I will running on cardio days just because I love running!
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    been a while since i posted in this thread... em.....anyway Ima post some pics at the end of the month...been going through the thread and I gotta say I learned alot here and good job to all the participants thus far...@ caddo...what are the fitness requirements for your branch...like how many situps, etc..and what branch are you joining?
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Worked out this afternoon. Third time this week, so far.
  • caddo man
    edited May 2011
    Options
    been a while since i posted in this thread... em.....anyway Ima post some pics at the end of the month...been going through the thread and I gotta say I learned alot here and good job to all the participants thus far...@ caddo...what are the fitness requirements for your branch...like how many situps, etc..and what branch are you joining?

I cant remember but I think max for my age is 79 pushups and 98 situps. the run I go for 10minutes 50seconds for a mile and a half. I usually got outstanding something????Mind you I am over 30. Funny thing is I felt like a old man yesterday because the oldest person after me was 25 and weighed 30 lbs less.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I suggest incline butterfly press spreads out your chest and honestly going heavy on the bench press.

i wasn't a big fan wit doin bench presses, but i might have to reconsider. good lookin out
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Took an off-day yesterday since I was out all day, and taking one today since I turn 25. Will likely workout tomorrow.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I been lurking in this thread for a minute and seeing peoples experience in here made me want to join this board and take part in this discussion. Me myself i'm on the weight watchers program. I started in mid February and at that time I weighed 244 lbs. Now it's mid May and i'm at 217 lbs. Ever since I got down to this 218-220 range my weight has been going up and down for the past several weeks and I really don't know why. I'm 5'11" and my workouts mainly consist of upper body, situps and cardio. I try to do my cardio 2-3 times a week. I always worked out since I played football in high school but I never understood how to eat healthy. That's the primary reason I joined weight watchers other than ballooning up to 244 lbs. To me weight watchers seems more easier to track than calorie counting. It's good to understand both systems though and I understand where my calorie intake limit is for my current weight.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Worked out at around 1:30A.M. before going to bed. My 4th and final time this week. Will be working out on Sunday.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Worked out before I went to bed last night; this time, at around 12:30A.M.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    smh, i only worked out twice last week, :(, but this week, im going for 6 days, cant slack off no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Had my cheat day today so I went all out for dinner tonight. 25 cardio in the morning, 20 minute run after dinner. Did the same thing yesterday but only had about 4 hours sleep the night before so afterward I was absolutely DONE.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Another great and intense workout before going to bed last night-that makes it two times this week, so far. Arms still a little sore from it, but it's okay.
  • caddo man
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I been lurking in this thread for a minute and seeing peoples experience in here made me want to join this board and take part in this discussion. Me myself i'm on the weight watchers program. I started in mid February and at that time I weighed 244 lbs. Now it's mid May and i'm at 217 lbs. Ever since I got down to this 218-220 range my weight has been going up and down for the past several weeks and I really don't know why. I'm 5'11" and my workouts mainly consist of upper body, situps and cardio. I try to do my cardio 2-3 times a week. I always worked out since I played football in high school but I never understood how to eat healthy. That's the primary reason I joined weight watchers other than ballooning up to 244 lbs. To me weight watchers seems more easier to track than calorie counting. It's good to understand both systems though and I understand where my calorie intake limit is for my current weight.

My wife just joined weight watchers, she likes it for the same reason. I dfind myself referencing it to see if the food is good to go. Welcome and I hope you do well on your weightloss journey.
    WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!