2nd Annual Weightloss Competition

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    So exactly when is this “competition's " end date?

So I can collect my props, praises, pats on the back, and “atta boy”

for the transformation from mere Thracian foot solider to undisputed Champion of Capua
    I've lost exactly 50 lbs since January and right now I am just maintaining my current weight until June, which is when I'm going to start bulking :tu
    I'll start it in June...I thk most of us are still trying to shed fat for the summer months though...and yeah I gained 30 pounds last year in about 6 months and I hardly knew what I was doing..so this year should be more efficient
    Yeah, start that ? in June, my ? :tu This will be my first bulk so we'll see how it goes *shrugs* I have no clue how much I am looking to put on so I will just play it by how I look, feel, etc...
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i made the mistake of just doing cardio for the past 7 weeks and i lost 7 lbs in the first 4 weeks, but i havent lost anything else since, im gonna start lifting weights starting next week and incorporate cardio, enough with the 2-a-days, they are too much, but im lifting weights again and damn its gonna feel good
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    current progress.......

2.jpg
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Just ran 2 miles and walked 3 miles. I will have to postpone P90X until next week. I have to adjust my schedule. Having kids will do that!

I plan on making a portion control thread. It is by far the easiest way to control your diet. Especially after you get some control going on!

Yup. This is what I do and my body has gotten used to it. I won't even want a big plate of food. That is until the 7th day :P 6 days of the week I pretty much eat a lot of the same things and then 1 day of the week is my "cheat day" which I do look forward to :)
    5'4

Well you've already said that you don't want to be skinny so not much left to say. Whatever makes you comfortable, just thought I would say that you don't need to lose anything more IMHO.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Started off the new week with a great workout last night before going to bed!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yup. 6 days of the week I pretty much eat a lot of the same things and then 1 day of the week is my "cheat day" which I do look forward to :)

I dont see how you all do that. I see alot of people on here say they eat pretty much the same thing all the time. I have to change it up at least every other day. Breakfast is the only thing I keep the same and that is getting taxing to me. I try to eat vegetables with every meal. A bean, a green leaf, or and something with color. Meat is optional but if I have to it is baked, grilled or stewed.

Edit: Nevermind I see what you meant there. I know you can cook!
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Worked out again last night; will take a break tomorrow.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wanted to workout early Wednesday morning before going to bed since I took all of Tuesday off, but I have pain in my right thigh, so I have to at least wait until Thursday. smh
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Think I'ma hit a late night session tonight.......love 24 hour fitness son.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    smh Still feeling pain in my right thigh; it comes in spurts. Don't know if it's because I slept wrong yesterday or a combination of that and all of the walking around I had to do yesterday when I was trying to find this nursing home to apply to. Chances are, I may also have to take Thursday off if it keeps on like this.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's official: I'm shutting it down for the rest of the week. With this pain coming in spurts like this and having to watch how I walk and turn, I just can't do it. I'll try for Sunday.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's official: I'm shutting it down for the rest of the week. With this pain coming in spurts like this and having to watch how I walk and turn, I just can't do it. I'll try for Sunday.

sorry to hear, hope the pain goes away so u can workout out again.............i lifted weights for the first time in a few months, havent lost as much strength as i thought, but its gonna be a big test for me to stay consistent, but ima do it
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    sorry to hear, hope the pain goes away so u can workout out again.............i lifted weights for the first time in a few months, havent lost as much strength as i thought, but its gonna be a big test for me to stay consistent, but ima do it

Props on that, fam. ? 's irritating for real, but all I can do is rest. I took 2 Aleves, so hopefully that'll kick in.

Consistency is the key: you can do it! Also, don't forget to do lots of push-ups. I always do 100 regular ones, followed by 50 diamond and 50 knuckle ones. Also been doing 2 sets of 10 spiderman push-ups; those things are no joke. lol
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Down to 215 lbs. My original goal was to get down to 190 lbs but it's looking like 200 lbs might not be a bad weight to maintain.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    After not being able to workout since last Monday because of my right thigh, I was finally able to workout an hour ago! It went well; it was a light workout, so I wouldn't hurt myself more. My thigh cooperated.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Every since my last workout(Monday), my right thigh's still been giving me hell. There's a chance that I may have to take the next 2 weeks off from lifting. When I go over my lady's house next week, I'll try to hop on the treadmill and stepper and see what happens.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    been on the stair master as of late, ? ? ? ? ROCKIN EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I ended my gym membership and got a 7 day guest pass at Bally's by my crib...after that's up I thk I'mma just do P90X and calisthenics until I start bulking again in August...I did chest/back with the resistance bands and that ish was crucial...so I thk I can get lean without free weights
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mad! I got down to 208 and know I am back up to 216. ? is WOAT. But I know I havent been on it food wise. But I back motivated. I need to get back on my vegetable and fruit grind. Good thing is I have some very good running shoes that I love.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I dont see how you all do that. I see alot of people on here say they eat pretty much the same thing all the time. I have to change it up at least every other day. Breakfast is the only thing I keep the same and that is getting taxing to me. I try to eat vegetables with every meal. A bean, a green leaf, or and something with color. Meat is optional but if I have to it is baked, grilled or stewed.

Edit: Nevermind I see what you meant there. I know you can cook!

I get bored with eating the exact same thing so I had to switch it up but still I stray from fatty foods and opt for more veggies, fruits and water based foods are really good options. They say drinking 2 cups of cold water prior to eating also helps and it isn't the same as drinking water with your food.

I've noticed that cutting down on fruits helps being that fruits are naturally high in sugar :(
    It's difficult being that I adore most fruits and could snack on them all day but fruits like apples are great since they are mostly made up of water. Eat less grapes and bananas. While bananas are high in potassium, they are also very high in sugar.

And yes, being able to throw it down in the kitchen makes it that much more difficult, lol. Especially considering I can't just not cook delicious foods I crave as I have a child whom I have to feed everyday :/

At the end of the day, I eat! I have a deep profound love for food. Did I mention that I love food?
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Going to get my right thigh checked out next Tuesday. Lately, it's been okay, but the pain can still come in spurts. I've just been doing different push-ups, but other than that, I'm taking all of this week off from working out. Next week when I go over my lady's house, I'll hit the treadmill and stepper(wasn't able to do it this week- not enough time) to see what happens.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well looks like e end of an era for me. Been a 24 hour fitness member since 2006 but moved here to Maryland and the closest one is in Annapolis. SMH!
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is good business. I like this thread, I wish I would have found it earlier I would have definitely taken part in the challenge. On March 1 I weighed 225 pounds and I'm currently at 194. I have also lost 5 inches around my waist. My body fat is 9%. My goal is 185 or minus 1 or 2% body fat.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Let's get this going again!!! We had some good results and even tho some of u washed out the first time, u still put in some effort.

Let's get it started on the 15th of Jan and run until the first day of summer.

Contest will end June 15, 2011...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    been on the stair master as of late, ? ? ? ? ROCKIN EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

pics.....lol