2nd Annual Weightloss Competition

Options

Comments

• Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    5 lbs in two weeks is very attainable :tu You just need to create a calorie deficit (500 below your maintenance level) and continue to exercise. It'll come right off.

Since you're 5'4 and weigh 127 lbs and depending on how old you are, your maintenance level should be somewhere around 1300-1450 calories a day. Try only taking in 900 - 1000 calories a day for the next two weeks while continuing to exercise and see how that works out for you. Also remember that you take in calories through whatever you drink as well, unless it is a calorie-less drink.

1000 calories?
    I thought you should try to never go below 1200?

So...how'd you come to know so much about fitness?
    You have great results, so you obviously know a lil something, lol.
  • MissLeading
    MissLeading Members Posts: 3,316 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    5 lbs in two weeks is very attainable :tu You just need to create a calorie deficit (500 below your maintenance level) and continue to exercise. It'll come right off.

Since you're 5'4 and weigh 127 lbs and depending on how old you are, your maintenance level should be somewhere around 1300-1450 calories a day. Try only taking in 900 - 1000 calories a day for the next two weeks while continuing to exercise and see how that works out for you. Also remember that you take in calories through whatever you drink as well, unless it is a calorie-less drink.

I'm 125lbs.. Those two pounds count. Lol..

So I reduce my calorie intake.. Im going to be starving..lol.. Should I change my exercise routine? Add more time to it as well as reducing the calories?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

So I reduce my calorie intake.. Im going to be starving..lol.. Should I change my exercise routine? Add more time to it as well as reducing the calories?

you should look up the ? diet
    it works
  • MissLeading
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you should look up the ? diet
    it works

Are you trying to be funny?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

no it really works
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

that's her "cosplay" here
  • MissLeading
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no it really works

Lol..ummm.. I think I'll just stick with the traditional method but thanks anyway.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no it really works

117416_76837_Unsuccessful.jpg
    stop it pico.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol...yall must have forgot WallH used to have a hot body...which is why I was so surprised to see him looking so Shrek-like.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Decided to take a break for the rest of the week, until Sunday or Monday. Was out all afternoon today applying at two nursing homes, so no workout today. But, at least I worked out 4 times this week, so that's good.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Decided to take a break for the rest of the week, until Sunday or Monday. Was out all afternoon today applying at two nursing homes, so no workout today. But, at least I worked out 4 times this week, so that's good.

i did the same, i was off today, was gonna do a 2-a-day, but was too tired, havent slept in in a min so i did, ? felt nice, gonna hit it back up monday though
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    i did the same, i was off today, was gonna do a 2-a-day, but was too tired, havent slept in in a min so i did, ? felt nice, gonna hit it back up monday though

I hear that. The killing part: I was on the exercise bike for 10 minutes to warm up today, and even while doing that, I could tell I was tired. Then, I was going to do some power clean and jerks and definitely could tell this long day wore me out. lol Won't even overdo it.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    1000 calories?
    I thought you should try to never go below 1200?

So...how'd you come to know so much about fitness?
    You have great results, so you obviously know a lil something, lol.
    Well she doesnt have to drop THAT many calories if she is burning more than enough doing her daily exercise (IDK how much she is burning). She just mentioned wanting to drop it in 2 weeks so she can maintain 120 lbs and I figured that was the quickest way lol Everything I know is self researched :tu I do my homework, see what works and what doesnt (trial and error) and go from there :tu

You dont even have to reduce your calorie intake if you are burning enough calories exercising. Even if you eat at your maintenance level, you can still burn the extra calories off at the gym to drop you below your maintenance level. How old are you? (if you dont mind my asking, because the younger you are the higher your maintenance level and vice versa). You can balance it out and eat about 250-300 calories below your maintenance level in addition to the calories you burn at the gym :tu Remember 3,500 calories = 1 pound, so do the math lol
    kat2180 wrote: »
    lol...yall must have forgot WallH used to have a hot body...which is why I was so surprised to see him looking so Shrek-like.
    Lmao @ Shrek. I got lazy, then I got injured which led to me being even more lazy in addition to stuffing my face on a daily. Dont worry though, those days are long gone. A ? was straight disgusted with myself, ashamed even. I cant wait to start packing the muscle on though :tu
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

speaking as one who knows all to well....how easy it is to fall off. When that "? it, may as well polish off this last box of Krispy Kreme'" mentality sets in, ? is a daunting task trying to get back…”on”. But knowing where you been, strength of will, discipline and good ole testicular fortitude. Can only equal to a never say die attitude.

Medical restricts with standing, Your health and weight are the 2 things a person has total control over.
    and doing what it takes and making efforts to get in shape and take care of your health is a excellent show of character in a person.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

I do feel hungry when I know I shouln't eat (late nights are the worst) but I allow myself a snack that is healthy (dry Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal) or mostly made up of water (apples). I stock my fridge with at least 10 apples at a time and they are gone quick. I do this with pears and other fruits but things like bananas I won't eat a lot of as they are high in natural sugar so I leave them for daytime snacks. The beauty of apples is that eating quite a few at once will not have you falling off track. They are mostly made up of water so they don't get metabolized into fat.

I work out 20-30 minutes, 7 days a week. It doesn't seem like a lot of time to be working out in one day but being that I do it everyday and control my food portions, it works. Then I allow ONE day of the week where I ease up and eat whatever (without getting full, that's when weight gain really kicks in.) Naturally I have the urge to work out right after.
    I was out for dinner last night and when I got home it was extremely late and I still jumped on my elliptical, lol. You really adapt to that healthy way of living and it sticks. It becomes habit. The hardest part is getting in the groove and out of that "slump" where you aren't feeling as motivated. Falling off is easy, it is very much a mental thing as it is physical. You sort of have to train yourself and continue seeing your goal and the benefits that come along.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The hardest part is getting in the groove and out of that "slump" where you aren't feeling as motivated. Falling off is easy, it is very much a mental thing as it is physical. You sort of have to train yourself and continue seeing your goal and the benefits that come along.

That's where I'm at right now and can't seem to shake it.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    worked out with my uncle last week...he had me doing the stair master, elliptical, abs, and every other muscle i could think of

the workouts put me out of commission for a few days...we did an ab class one morning and i promise i had a never ending cramp in my stomach for 3 days :(

got back home earlier this week and did my regular routine and it was a piece of cake :) so i know i gotta step it up...plus working out w/ him showed me some new stuff to add/change
  • MissLeading
    edited May 2011
    Options

You dont even have to reduce your calorie intake if you are burning enough calories exercising. Even if you eat at your maintenance level, you can still burn the extra calories off at the gym to drop you below your maintenance level. How old are you? (if you dont mind my asking, because the younger you are the higher your maintenance level and vice versa). You can balance it out and eat about 250-300 calories below your maintenance level in addition to the calories you burn at the gym :tu Remember 3,500 calories = 1 pound, so do the math lol

]

I'm in my mid-20's..

Ok so if I eat about 1200 calories a day, burn about 900 calories at the gym,(lol) that would create a calorie deficit of 1200 from my maintenance level of 1500 which would equal about 4lbs in 2 weeks if I work out 6 days a week?

That's about right??

That's seems like a lot of work on little food.
  • MissLeading
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I do feel hungry when I know I shouln't eat (late nights are the worst) but I allow myself a snack that is healthy (dry Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal) or mostly made up of water (apples). I stock my fridge with at least 10 apples at a time and they are gone quick. I do this with pears and other fruits but things like bananas I won't eat a lot of as they are high in natural sugar so I leave them for daytime snacks. The beauty of apples is that eating quite a few at once will not have you falling off track. They are mostly made up of water so they don't get metabolized into fat.

I work out 20-30 minutes, 7 days a week. It doesn't seem like a lot of time to be working out in one day but being that I do it everyday and control my
    food portions, it works. Then I allow ONE day of the week where I ease up and eat whatever (without getting full, that's when weight gain really kicks in.) Naturally I have the urge to work out right after.
    I was out for dinner last night and when I got home it was extremely late and I still jumped on my elliptical, lol. You really adapt to that healthy way of living and it sticks. It becomes habit. The hardest part is getting in the groove and out of that "slump" where you aren't feeling as motivated. Falling off is
    easy, it is very much a mental thing as it is physical. You sort of have to train yourself and continue seeing your goal and the benefits that come along.

Exactly.. That's one of my main problems, being unable to maintain my healthy eating habits once I've attained my weight loss.. Which is why I've had to go on diets every few years.

I'm trying to develop the habit of just eating healthier foods and saving the junk for a treat every once and a while, but you know it's hard to control your cravings especially when you start to think, after you've reached your goal, that you dont necessarily have to.

I'm going to get there. I was able to remove meat from my diet as well as candy, so if I can just kick the sweets and the pizza and consume more Fruits, veggies and water then I'll be where I need to be and will hopefully never have to go on a diet again..
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Worked out an hour ago. It went pretty well.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Exactly.. That's one of my main problems, being unable to maintain my healthy eating habits once I've attained my weight loss.. Which is why I've had to go on diets every few years.

I'm trying to develop the habit of just eating healthier foods and saving the junk for a treat every once and a while, but you know it's hard to control your cravings especially when you start to think, after you've reached your goal, that you dont necessarily have to.

I'm going to get there. I was able to remove meat from my diet as well as candy, so if I can just kick the sweets and the pizza and consume more Fruits, veggies and water then I'll be where I need to be and will hopefully never have to go on a diet again..

Yup. It's all about maintaining that lifestyle change. Continuously dieting, falling off just to go back to dieting is the worst. It becomes a never ending cycle where your weight is never stable and keeps fluctuating. That's why in essence, "diets" do not work, they really are more so for short term goals. Most who try every diet in the book end up putting the weight lost from the diet back on.

Get in the habit and basically train yourself to work with smaller portions 5 times throughout the day and give yourself that one day in the week where you can indulge.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I felt mad good yesterday.
    Did my usual 25 on the elliptical and in the evening I ate til my belly was full being that it was a Mother's Day dinner :/
    To make up for that I was doing some of that video posted in another thread with jumping squats and so forth and ran around my way being that we spent the end of the day outside. Worked off all that dinner :)
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ran 3 miles this morning

:)
  • MissLeading
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I burned almost 800 calories yesterday in the gym and I was tired for the rest of the day.. I couldn't even do my 15 minute strength training workout that I normally on a daily basis..

I'm going to see how far I can go tonight..
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I burned almost 800 calories yesterday in the gym and I was tired for the rest of the day.. I couldn't even do my 15 minute strength training workout that I normally on a daily basis..

I'm going to see how far I can go tonight..

do your weight training before cardio