The changing reasons why women cheat on their husbands (Article inside)

Options
Shuffington
Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know people don't read so I'll highlight some of the reasons why women are admitting to cheating as stated in the article for your viewing pleasure.

they found married life incredibly dull and constraining and resented the fact that as women, they felt they consistently did a disproportionate amount of the invisible labor that went into maintaining their lifestyle.

"I think there's an incredible amount of deep resentment for women in America about divisions of labor," said sociologist Lisa Wade when I asked her to comment on this contradiction. "And what social scientists are finding now is that there is a correlation between equal division of labor and better sex."
* I gather that these women feel like their husbands are not planning sh*t for the family or for her or helping out as much as she would like, so she goes outside of the household to find the "plans" she's missing out on.
We now tell women that they can have it all, that they can work and have a family and deserve to be sexually satisfied. And then when having it all is miserable and overwhelming or they realize marriage isn't all it's cracked it up to be, maybe having affairs is the new plan B."
* Its about time we start telling these women that marriage isn't all its cracked up to be. Only people that want you to get married are your parents and the blood diamond companies. :)
At the time I married, marriage had felt like a panacea; it was a bond that would provide security, love, friendship, stability, and romance -- the chance to have children and nice dishes, to be introduced as someone's wife. It promised to expand my circle of family and improve my credit score, to tether me to something wholesome and give my life meaning.
Could any single relationship not fall short of such expectations?
* Sheesh.

cnn.com/2017/10/05/health/why-women-cheat-partner/index.html

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything has an expiration date. Some just choose 2 ignore this for ego reasons.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading this bummed me out.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now men AND women are seeing marriage aint all it's cracked up to be...and old reasons for why ppl used to get married ain't cutting it anymore.

I think I've said this before on here but if I haven't...we're in a time where men and women don't necessarily need each other anymore so our struggle is defining why we want to be with each other.

That's interesting af to me.

Once that starts to go the foundation of everything else goes. Men and women and the mysteries of each other are a key factor to learning and growing as a society
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    So now men AND women are seeing marriage aint all it's cracked up to be...and old reasons for why ppl used to get married ain't cutting it anymore.

I think I've said this before on here but if I haven't...we're in a time where men and women don't necessarily need each other anymore so our struggle is defining why we want to be with each other.

Once that starts to go the foundation of everything else goes. Men and women and the mysteries of each other are a key factor to learning and growing as a society

Yea im on the fence about this right here.

When marriages were traditional ppl were still unhappy af. They just avoided divorce out of shame or guilt or "stay together for the kids" etc.

At the same time if everyone is only shacking up and having kids; no real accountability bc no marriages...cant see that being good for society as a whole the same way a healthy home/family upbringing should be.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    family structure and values lost... its gonna get worse and worse 2

New structures and values replace the old ones bruh.

"Family values" is only a few hundred years old anyway
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

You sound scared to adapt with the times my brotha. Make your own rules in your relationships
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im bout to come in here with my ? as soon as i walk my wife to the tramstop
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are right. My uncle and his wife are breaking up now that my cousin is grown and another couple I know has separated. Both marriages were at least two years since the late 90s. Marriage is not a normal thing for people. We are individual creatures by nature who just socialize as a community. Marriage is a society and religious thing, it is nurtured instead of nature. My mother is also planning her divorce.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Yea im on the fence about this right here.

When marriages were traditional ppl were still unhappy af. They just avoided divorce out of shame or guilt or "stay together for the kids" etc.

At the same time if everyone is only shacking up and having kids; no real accountability bc no marriages...cant see that being good for society as a whole the same way a healthy home/family upbringing should be.

That does not equal a happy hope though. Abuse and problems happen when people are couples. Marriage creates more problems and make it hard to leave.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think traditional marriages ever worked in the first place. You had shows like Leave It To ? or The Cosby Show that showed traditional families with a husband, wife and kids. But I'd be willing to bet that real marriages were nothing like what you saw on TV.

I think now alternative lifestyles aren't necessarily more common, but you hear about them more often.

In other words, I don't think homosexuality and transgenderism is a new thing. I think its always been around but its getting more attention in the media.

As far as women cheating on their husbands, the divorce rate is 50% so what do you expect?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    If you don't know how to keep her guessing even after living with her then don't marry her. Not that hard. All women want is spontaneity and someone they can't walk over.

Stop spoiling and make em work after marriage. Give em something to do and think about. They just don't want boredom and monotony. Just like us (men). Live dammit. Especially if married.

i will say the opposite to this.....for the most part i spoil the ? outta my wife. so that aint the problem...the problem is since she knows what i will do for a chick i love...would she be willing to allow another woman to have that.

but living....yes......