The changing reasons why women cheat on their husbands (Article inside)

Options

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Poly-life isn't an option?
    Women marry themselves now you aint heard?

I've heard, but still.
    I think that more people are polyamorous, but hey.

If u had many husbands are they all allowed to find a 2nd wife aint that how it works?
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    How you know he doesn't feel the same?

Why question me?

If everyone lived their own truth without worrying about what works for the next person we'd be in a better place.

I'm only questioning u cuz u post here

yeah I would def ask a dude why he would wife a chick that doesn't believe in monogamy

not sure what the deflection is for when I'm just asking ur opinion

why so serious? :(

Cause I thought this was a serious thread.

I think some people manage monogamy, but I also think the inability ends alot of relationships.

I don't feel like it should. He could ? someone this weekend while he's out of town and it wouldn't be the end of our relationship. Unless he knocked the ? up.

I can understand the bolded

but I don't think it's monogamy that's the problem...........I think it's the lack of intimacy like we previously mentioned before in this thread

the lack of trust when someone allegedly "cheats" is what causes the lack of intimacy IMO, it ain't necessarily about whether someone is exclusive or not............otherwise emotional affairs wouldn't be able to do damage

the issue is that there was already "a lack of intimacy" before anyone decided to step out ....ppl not being honest with their needs insecurities or because they are afraid of being alone or too prideful or there is resentment there

cheating only makes it worst

why wouldn't u stay with ur husband if he got another woman pregnant? it sounds like u could be mature enough to make the sister-wife lifestyle work in ur favor

not sure if u are just trolling

but i'm assuming it would be because chances are he busted in another woman raw

if ur wife got pregnant by another man would you be able to make peace with what she did and the child right away?

infidelity isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me either, but there are unspoken rules... lines that shouldn't be crossed

^^^ ur lack of real life experience is obvious every time u post shorty lol

ur quick to presume a lack of intimacy exists before people decide to step out, u never even consider that there are people in relationships where they can just come up short

so if u love ur s/o and communicate to them multiple times that u need something from them, then how long do u suffer before ur willing to "step out"? and remember we talking about marriage and all that comes with it, we ain't talking that bf/gf scenario

u saying it's unreasonable for someone to consider cheating instead of breaking up a whole household? :(

and ironically u say infidelity alone isn't a dealbreaker.........but "infidelity" means different things to different people

and if a woman is cool with her husband ? other women, why would busting raw make that much of difference?

and SMH @ thinking that a woman getting pregnant by another man brings the same burden to a relationship if it was flipped around

realistically if I got a side chick pregnant, my wife could essentially ignore the other chick and her issues

if my wife got pregnant by another dude, u really think that's equivalent when she live with me and I got to deal with all the extra issues a baby brings for a pregnant woman?

For me infidelity is having sex/ affair outside of ur marriage without knowledge and consent of ur wife/husband

And u can say I'm inexperienced

But i could argue you're projecting

There are the exceptions. ? just happens sometimes. Then you got ur ? bags. But most times ? aint just falling into the ? . From what i have observed more times than not before anyone decided to step out there was already cracks and a break down in communication in the relationship

With women especially i know how hard some find it to be honest with their spouse or whoever about their insecurities, desires or what is lacking. ? i know ppl who are opposed to counseling and or having an open relationship so they just step out or they get cheated on

I understand not wanting to break up ur home and or staying together for the children... But for your own sanity and the peace of mind of ur husband/wife, walking away is the best option half the time. Ur children can tell when you aint happy or stressed which stresses them

Having a child outside of marriage is a blow regardless of who is guilty. Not only did you cheat but chances are you aren't practicing safe sex. You out here being reckless. At the very least pull out and wear a condom. And if the man and i are worth a damn that means that i as his wife cannot just simply ignore the child's existence. He is going to have to financially support that child. I don't want to keep the children from their siblings or keep the child away from his father so i eventually would want to establish a cordial relationship with the childs mother. There is times he is going to have to leave my side or our children to tend to his outside baby. Thats asking a lot of anyone considering they didnt sign up for any of it
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    props for catching that bruh

that ? looked extremely suspect

I ain't even catch it at 1st......I just read it again and was like wtf

giphy.gif

desertrain was gon have a field day with that

71y3eli47v19.gif
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poly-life isn't an option?
    Women marry themselves now you aint heard?

I've heard, but still.

If u had many husbands are they all allowed to find a 2nd wife aint that how it works?

Yes.
    I'm not Superwoman and I'm sure that I may lack in an area that's important to you.
    However, I'm not a big fan of polyandry. I can honestly say that some men aren't cut out to be BroHubs (Brother Husbands). And dealing with 2 men can be downright frustrating.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Finances, kids and religion can play a part but desires never subside, just intensify the longer you put em off and let em fester. I dated a smart, dope sista but she had ZERO ASS. Everytime we we're out she'd always point out ? knowing she was lacking and I fancied that. Couldn't wait 4 dat ship 2 B over. Chick @ work told me that AZN chick on The Real is divorcing! Immediately I thought back 2 when all she did was talk about liking black men. Not surprised she leaving the white boy. If one really subscribes 2 the theory of till death due us part than One should believe anything can be worked out. Phylicia Rashad divorced Amahad Rashad based on abandonment! Fine as she is no one is immune u just get bored and tired. U see these Silver Anniversaries? Side pieces help hold that family 2gthr! Truth is stranger than fiction.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rickmogul
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead ...AZN= Asian. No diss just easier. Knew an Indian chick who had NDN on her whip.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've heard, but still.

[/quote]

If u had many husbands are they all allowed to find a 2nd wife aint that how it works? [/quote]

I just messed with a woman who was in this kind of arrangement. She would chill and then go home to her boyfriend who knew about it. I'm finding this is way more commonplace now.
  • rickmogul
    Options
    @anduin ...Howard Stern said it years ago and it looks like Ur experiencing it: 4 every dime, it's a man out there saying take her! If u can get her and she goes take her! Probably got him a side 2 no doubt. Stay safe.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    IDENTITY CRISIS
    I think the opportunities for women have changed drastically in this country from the let's say (1900s-1995). Due to these new opportunities women are having to redefine expectations and what is fulfilling.
    In over half the homes in the US women are the head of the household and raising children on their own. Women also have closed the gap (not completely but drastically) financially and have increased their education. As they have done so, some are conflicted with what to expect from a man versus what to demand or fight. Some of the very ? they used to like is the very ? being called harassment or chauvenistic.

Storytime: had a neighbor who married his high school sweetheart. They were married at 18 and were like 38 when I met them. He was a truck driver until he ? his back up and got disability. He put her through college all the way to her Master's. She was a school teacher. She graduated and divorced him. Lied to the courts saying he was abusive and cheating. Now, he dragged me to court to tell the truth of what I saw. She was the one cussing her kids out in the front yard every day, and she was the one caught by him at Applebee's cheating on him. She also tried to set up his girlfriends to solicit him on FB so she could try to have evidence he cheated, and she tried throwing women is way when he went out. Dude didn't do ? . He was a homebody. Courts believed her anyway and she took the house and the kids. Months later her lawyers calling me asking if I know if her husband's working (bc they want to take even more of his ? ). Now, this dude was cutting my grass for $45 a week and they want half of that.

I'm all for marriage, but I can talk all day on some ? . A ton of people are selfish and power hungry and ego maniacs. Some say they want the things they don't want and then don't want the things they say they want AND expect someone else to entertain them and make them happy. Most don't know what role they want the other to be or how to make a marriage work bc they've never seen a marriage work. People do what they know.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    IDENTITY CRISIS
    I think the opportunities for women have changed drastically in this country from the let's say (1900s-1995). Due to these new opportunities women are having to redefine expectations and what is fulfilling.
    In over half the homes in the US women are the head of the household and raising children on their own. Women also have closed the gap (not completely but drastically) financially and have increased their education. As they have done so, some are conflicted with what to expect from a man versus what to demand or fight. Some of the very ? they used to like is the very ? being called harassment or chauvenistic.

Storytime: had a neighbor who married his high school sweetheart. They were married at 18 and were like 38 when I met them. He was a truck driver until he ? his back up and got disability. He put her through college all the way to her Master's. She was a school teacher. She graduated and divorced him. Lied to the courts saying he was abusive and cheating. Now, he dragged me to court to tell the truth of what I saw. She was the one cussing her kids out in the front yard every day, and she was the one caught by him at Applebee's cheating on him. She also tried to set up his girlfriends to solicit him on FB so she could try to have evidence he cheated, and she tried throwing women is way when he went out. Dude didn't do ? . He was a homebody. Courts believed her anyway and she took the house and the kids. Months later her lawyers calling me asking if I know if her husband's working (bc they want to take even more of his ? ). Now, this dude was cutting my grass for $45 a week and they want half of that.

I'm all for marriage, but I can talk all day on some ? . A ton of people are selfish and power hungry and ego maniacs. Some say they want the things they don't want and then don't want the things they say they want AND expect someone else to entertain them and make them happy. Most don't know what role they want the other to be or how to make a marriage work bc they've never seen a marriage work. People do what they know.

This is why I believe you have to know YOURSELF before you take that leap.

Every successful marriage I've seen has been based on what THEY want to do.
    Not outside influences.
    Not 'society'.

People have to find what's best for them and take it from there.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    IDENTITY CRISIS

This is why I believe you have to know YOURSELF before you take that leap.

Every successful marriage I've seen has been based on what THEY want to do.
    Not outside influences.
    Not 'society'.

People have to find what's best for them and take it from there.

it all starts with them and whos around them.

assing on to homies story....i know a couple just like that. dude helped put her thru college she got two degrees or some ? . her family got the hook up at this company so she along with her degrees is very high in the company.. she ended up cheating an the ? she cheated with , she got a job at the comapny. and later she got her husband a job at the same company. her husband found out later that he knew the ? she was cheating on him with. an had to look at this ? everyday. he ended up creeping but she extra mad at him for doing it. an she keeps trying to leave him an finally they split up. i feel like thats a ? up situation to be in. to help someone get to where they are then they begin to feel they are too good or dont need your ? .
    i just couldnt picture myself not just walking out but...how do you keep your sanity in that? she used to straight up ? on him about not making loot when he put her thru college in order for her to make the loot she makes.
  • deadeye
    edited October 2017
    Options

Storytime: had a neighbor who married his high school sweetheart. They were married at 18 and were like 38 when I met them. He was a truck driver until he ? his back up and got disability. He put her through college all the way to her Master's. She was a school teacher. She graduated and divorced him. Lied to the courts saying he was abusive and cheating.

Now, he dragged me to court to tell the truth of what I saw. She was the one cussing her kids out in the front yard every day, and she was the one caught by him at Applebee's cheating on him. She also tried to set up his girlfriends to solicit him on FB so she could try to have evidence he cheated, and she tried throwing women is way when he went out. Dude didn't do ? . He was a homebody. Courts believed her anyway and she took the house and the kids. Months later her lawyers calling me asking if I know if her husband's working (bc they want to take even more of his ? ). Now, this dude was cutting my grass for $45 a week and they want half of that.

adding on to homies story....i know a couple just like that. dude helped put her thru college she got two degrees or some ? . her family got the hook up at this company so she along with her degrees is very high in the company.. she ended up cheating an the ? she cheated with , she got a job at the comapny. and later she got her husband a job at the same company. her husband found out later that he knew the ? she was cheating on him with. an had to look at this ? everyday. he ended up creeping but she extra mad at him for doing it. an she keeps trying to leave him an finally they split up. i feel like thats a ? up situation to be in. to help someone get to where they are then they begin to feel they are too good or dont need your ? .

i just couldnt picture myself not just walking out but...how do you keep your sanity in that? she used to straight up ? on him about not making loot when he put her thru college in order for her to make the loot she makes.

Yeah, that's definitely not for me.

Word to @gemini86 .

'Makes me wonder what the backstory is whenever I hear stories in the news about a man killing his entire family or his wife/gf.

I mean, not trying to justify it............but people just don't go off like that for no reason.

Something had to have triggered it, and going through something like that would definitely be a possible catalyst for something like that to happen.

Now, this isn't about right or wrong............it's about cause and effect.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

Storytime: had a neighbor who married his high school sweetheart. They were married at 18 and were like 38 when I met them. He was a truck driver until he ? his back up and got disability. He put her through college all the way to her Master's. She was a school teacher. She graduated and divorced him. Lied to the courts saying he was abusive and cheating.

Now, he dragged me to court to tell the truth of what I saw. She was the one cussing her kids out in the front yard every day, and she was the one caught by him at Applebee's cheating on him. She also tried to set up his girlfriends to solicit him on FB so she could try to have evidence he cheated, and she tried throwing women is way when he went out. Dude didn't do ? . He was a homebody. Courts believed her anyway and she took the house and the kids. Months later her lawyers calling me asking if I know if her husband's working (bc they want to take even more of his ? ). Now, this dude was cutting my grass for $45 a week and they want half of that.

adding on to homies story....i know a couple just like that. dude helped put her thru college she got two degrees or some ? . her family got the hook up at this company so she along with her degrees is very high in the company.. she ended up cheating an the ? she cheated with , she got a job at the comapny. and later she got her husband a job at the same company. her husband found out later that he knew the ? she was cheating on him with. an had to look at this ? everyday. he ended up creeping but she extra mad at him for doing it. an she keeps trying to leave him an finally they split up. i feel like thats a ? up situation to be in. to help someone get to where they are then they begin to feel they are too good or dont need your ? .

Word to @gemini86 .

'Makes me wonder what the backstory is whenever I hear stories in the news about a man killing his entire family or his wife/gf.

I mean, not trying to justify it............but people just don't go off like that for no reason.

Something had to have triggered it, and going through something like that would definitely be a possible catalyst for something like that to happen.

yea the crazy thing is...he still is trying to get back with her. an she basically wants to "see whats out there"

this is the most fukked up part. see whats out there now that you are established and hes not as established cause he sacrificed his youth to help her become better. but she feels she sacrificed her youth being locked into a relationship...an thing is she has a mother and father.

an when we had the couples meetings....all the chicks would say but he cheated....so she has a right. they all skip over that she cheated first and he has to work with this ? .

man ? i agree with you.....if my wife was to ever do that ? ...i would cry for about 2-3 days...then just leave me the fukk alone an let me go on my way. any futher contact an i might nicole simpson her ass
  • deadeye
    edited October 2017
    Options

Word to @gemini86 .

yea the crazy thing is...he still is trying to get back with her. an she basically wants to "see whats out there"

this is the most fukked up part. see whats out there now that you are established and hes not as established cause he sacrificed his youth to help her become better. but she feels she sacrificed her youth being locked into a relationship...an thing is she has a mother and father.

an when we had the couples meetings....all the chicks would say but he cheated....so she has a right. they all skip over that she cheated first and he has to work with this ? .

man ? i agree with you.....if my wife was to ever do that ? ...i would cry for about 2-3 days...then just leave me the fukk alone an let me go on my way. any futher contact an i might nicole simpson her ass

Yeah, old girl is on another level of foul.

It's one thing to cheat, but to hook the ? you're cheating with and your husband up with the same job?

Then has the nerve to talk down on him when he put her through school???

My father used to always say that........"the more you do for people, the less they appreciate it."

Never made sense when I was young, but I understand what he meant now.

I think what happens is, when some people get help like that..........at some point, instead of being grateful, they start to resent the person who helped them because they can't cope with knowing that they weren't able get to where they are on their own ........and that they owe somebody else for their success.

Backwards way of thinking, but it's more common than most people might think.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

Word to @gemini86 .

Yeah, old girl is on another level of foul.

It's one thing to cheat, but to hook the ? you're cheating with and your husband up with the same job?

Then has the nerve to talk down on him when he put her through school???

My father used to always say that........"the more you do for people, the less they appreciate it."

Never made sense when I was young, but I understand what he meant now.

I think what happens is, when some people get help like that..........at some point, instead of being grateful, they start to resent the person who helped them because they can't cope with knowing that they weren't able get to where they are on their own ........and that they owe somebody else for their success.

Backwards way of thinking, but it's more common than most people might think.

oh i get it.
    an she cool as ? too.

but my problem has always been with girlfriends that put ? in her ear or any chicks ear for that matter. or the fact the cosign her fukkery. an even her parents who got loot....yet they allowed the man to take care of all her ? and pay the rent and mortgage and raise the kids while she focuses on school.

they just want someone who would have dont that for them.

but i say all this to say.....
    i still tell and promote people to arrange couple meetings an have open discussion about the troubles in the relationship and how to handle the troubles someone else has.

the ? can be eye opening, helpful and cheaper than therapy. an sometimes you just dont know how blessed you are.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sex androids are safer to invest in.

Anyway why should i bet my life on something that has a 70 % failurr rate?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDENTITY CRISIS

Wow...just wow smh
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The social has to be renogiciated. Nobody is happy.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    IDENTITY CRISIS

Wow...just wow smh

but is he wrong tho
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

Word to @gemini86 .

Shes dead wrong for that ? but he needs to take his losses n move on. Trying to get back with someone who isnt worthy of the relationship is wasting time he could be using to put himself in a better position.

Who knows, maybe they get back together n work it out, maybe he finds a better ? .

Its tough but in a situation like that u gotta put yourself first. If u dont cut your losses early on u may suffer more of them.

Sometimes it can be an ego thing tho. Somebody left u for someone else can make u feel like less so u wanna get back with them just to feed your ego n say "it wasnt me after all"....but youre still bitter and unsatisfied

It never was u tho, that ? is just selfish.

Find a better one!
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old boy ? up when he didn't build himself first before worrying about himself. I'm about to have to do that with my fiance, help her through school for about two years, but I have my own foundation built, I have a career and my own money... hell I'm able to pay all my bills and still take vacation once a month. You're supposed to be selfish in your youth, that's why I never believed in young relationships. I'm 28 and I'm just now ready to get married, because even if something were to happen between me and my fiance I was fine before her I'll be fine without her.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    As ? up as this may sound fellas this is the truth: Your woman needs to feel like she needs you, meanwhile she needs to KNOW that you don't need her. If she ever starts to feel like you need her ? will go left real fast.

Sounds terrible coming from a recently engaged man, but that's the only way for it to work. Women are too opportunistic, they are the type to keep gambling even though they already hit the jackpot. Most of them are obsessed with what they don't need or should have, that's why Eve bit into that apple bruh, broad had everything and she still wanted more because for most of them no matter how much they get they always think they need more when they really don't.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    As ? up as this may sound fellas this is the truth: Your woman needs to feel like she needs you, meanwhile she needs to KNOW that you don't need her. If she ever starts to feel like you need her ? will go left real fast.

Sounds terrible coming from a recently engaged man, but that's the only way for it to work. Women are too opportunistic, they are the type to keep gambling even though they already hit the jackpot. Most of them are obsessed with what they don't need or should have, that's why Eve bit into that apple bruh, broad had everything and she still wanted more because for most of them no matter how much they get they always think they need more when they really don't.

very delicate balancing act.

i was about to type some ? but changed my mind.

i work on a different playing field than most and i see things a bit different.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

very delicate balancing act.

i was about to type some ? but changed my mind.

i work on a different playing field than most and i see things a bit different.

Nah type it I'd like to hear it, I'm about to be married so I'd like to hear all perspectives besides my parents(my parents are old school, my mama is a rare breed in that she understands she can make money and still let a man be a man a lot of these new age chicks don't have the ability to do that).