I have a hard time seeing why Nas is so great.

Options

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His albums are always overrated though
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    I gave some simple explanation earlier....not even an explanation....but like people have said Nas is one most prolific hip hop writers ever....i dont see how that ? is arguable......if you dont see that ? then its on you.....dude been in the game since 17 basically grew up in this ? .....all that other bs is subjective cats dont like the production i have no problem with it.....if people blow things out of proportion dont take it out on the rapper...lol....out of all the rappers that get hyped up on this site, you only have a problem with nas?...lol

Where is that explanation? I went through the thread again but don't see it. I must have missed it.

As for what your saying here, it's not on the thread starter to guess why the IC feels the way they do about Nas. Given the level of praise and admiration he gets here it's perfectly reasonable to ask for some kind of explanation.

Otherwise those people are just being fanatics and have worthless opinions, which undermines the point of the forum in the first place.

....but like people have said Nas is one most prolific hip hop writers ever....

Thats all the explanation that most should need homie......people that really follow hip hop know why this dude is respected like he is thats y some mite have issues with what the t/s said......if you respect the lyrical aspect of this ? there is no way you should have a hard time seeing why nas gets props.....Now if you want to rag on the few cats on the board that go overboard cool.....but i c this as attention seeking or someone upset that a rapper gets talked about on a message board more than their favorites do.....and thats pretty sad to me

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Bruh! ? can't question Nas now? Lol...drop some sings or something help this man out. Don't ? on him
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact of the matter is Nas aint a ? like some people may think, Has he done his thing in the past? ? yes he has, Is he a hiphop legend? damn right he is but the fact of the matter is that he is not special in this day and age and there is alot of young cats that could give him a run for his money lyrically, ? 50 cents recent mixtapes are better than this new album but thats just my opinion, you might love Nas and thats all good, its good to love and its bad to hate just enjoy the music this is my opinion dont let it get to you lol
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LIG is grown man music. Which means u have to have LIFE EXPERIENCE to appreciate this album. Ex:

Virgins will not understand Daughters

Lames will never say Bye Baby to any female

Cornballs will never have the Summer on Smash

Its grown man music, the immature need not apply
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    No Nasya love equals being lame now. ICE is to Nasya ans Christians are to Jesus
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't it illegal to give someone that many "wacks"?
  • BoiiMcfly
    BoiiMcfly Members Posts: 21
    Options
    Life is good is kinda wacc to me too+this forum has an abundance of nasir dickriders so they overrate everything duke does

? be tryna big up that wacc ass distant relatives album that album garbage

you obviously know nothing about hip hop, calling life is good, distant relatives and nas' catalog wack. Who do you listen to fam? Drake? And if everyone praising his new album are dickriders, then why is getting great reviews from critics as well?
  • BoiiMcfly
    Options
    Life is good is kinda wacc to me too+this forum has an abundance of nasir dickriders so they overrate everything duke does

Tell me who you think is a good rapper then Tommy. Who is in your top 5 DOA?

I'll name rappas who are good to me instead of a top 5

Biggie,Jigga,Big Pun,a.g.,sha stimuli,lloyd banks,cam'ron,ghostface and raekwon

LMAO did you just mention Cam'ron??? That explains it all
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea word grown man music

yea u gotta be grown to like this ?

if you dont like this ? you a lame, young, ? ass ? no doubt

thats my word sonson

matter of fact if you dont like nas you a frank ocean ass rump ranger

if nas aint your goat im comin for you post your addresses you ?

im a grown ass money gettin ? wreckin old ass man in this ? and i bump nas yo

put some money on it
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    BoiiMcfly wrote: »

you obviously know nothing about hip hop, calling life is good, distant relatives and nas' catalog wack. Who do you listen to fam? Drake? And if everyone praising his new album are dickriders, then why is getting great reviews from critics as well?

Lol @ the bolded

I dont know anything about hip hop because I think nas last 2 albums are trash

Brilliant analysis nas groupies stay lookin stupid

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You said it yourself, you missing the big picture. its not all about spectacular, flashy, entertaining lyrics mayne. ppl listen to Nas because of the overall story. Of course its boring if you walked in during the middle of the book... you missed all the other stuff that lead up to the current part. Each bar nas drop tells a story all on its own just the same as a still picture's thousand words. Not every rapper or mc can do that. And when you familiar with the rappers overall story, the bars hit that much harder and you feel them even more. Its not that hard to rationalize this.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    38 wacks on o/p says it all.
  • The_Man
    Options
    lol 38 wacks haha im sure i will survive. I have given the album another listen and i feel pretty much the same i like afew tracks tho especially world is an addiction.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas is the goat. The album been On repeat since yesterday. Back When and Stay>>>>>>
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ive heard of jigga warriors

what do you call these ? in here ?
  • BoiiMcfly
    Options

Lol @ the bolded

First of all, you're obviously biased because you didn't answer my questions. Second, calling albums trash without a valid explanation means nothing to me. You seem like nothing more than a Jay stan that can't get over the fact that ya mans got murdered on Ether. And I ain't a Nas groupie btw, but I grew up on real hiphop and have seen Nas' progress. If you think Distant Relatives is garbage you're either a teen, or do not understand what is being said on that record, because that record is war from wack and finally touches on subjects other than the stereotypical ? ya favorite rappers such as Camron drop. But it's all good fam, hopefully you will grow up and learn to appreciate real hip hop.
  • The_Man
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    *smokes weed*

@Jaw Breaker

i would Break ya ? Jaw.

Word up..... Son

i can tell

you a ?

lol at this keyboard warrior, Id smash you up ? head.

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ ? explaining themselves to a dude from the uk.

lol wow how did I miss this.....add to that we're dealing with a eminem fan too......yo this ? has shadyteam written all over it......
  • The_Man
    Options
    Alot of hurt emotional people in here.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol @ the bolded

First of all, you're obviously biased because you didn't answer my questions. Second, calling albums trash without a valid explanation means nothing to me. You seem like nothing more than a Jay stan that can't get over the fact that ya mans got murdered on Ether. And I ain't a Nas groupie btw, but I grew up on real hiphop and have seen Nas' progress. If you think Distant Relatives is garbage you're either a teen, or do not understand what is being said on that record, because that record is war from wack and finally touches on subjects other than the stereotypical ? ya favorite rappers such as Camron drop. But it's all good fam, hopefully you will grow up and learn to appreciate real hip hop.

The albums trash cuz I said so

I dont have to drop an explanation.Life is good has 4 four food songs distant relatives has zero

I dont care whats bein said on that record,If u dont agree who gives a fucc

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a hard time seeing why Big Pun is so great
  • The_Man
    Options
    I have a hard time seeing why Big Pun is so great

Im cool with that, I aint gonna wack you or get emotional about it.

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gave some simple explanation earlier....not even an explanation....but like people have said Nas is one most prolific hip hop writers ever....i dont see how that ? is arguable......if you dont see that ? then its on you.....dude been in the game since 17 basically grew up in this ? .....all that other bs is subjective cats dont like the production i have no problem with it.....if people blow things out of proportion dont take it out on the rapper...lol....out of all the rappers that get hyped up on this site, you only have a problem with nas?...lol

Where is that explanation? I went through the thread again but don't see it. I must have missed it.

As for what your saying here, it's not on the thread starter to guess why the IC feels the way they do about Nas. Given the level of praise and admiration he gets here it's perfectly reasonable to ask for some kind of explanation.

Otherwise those people are just being fanatics and have worthless opinions, which undermines the point of the forum in the first place.

....but like people have said Nas is one most prolific hip hop writers ever....

Thats all the explanation that most should need homie......people that really follow hip hop know why this dude is respected like he is thats y some mite have issues with what the t/s said......if you respect the lyrical aspect of this ? there is no way you should have a hard time seeing why nas gets props.....Now if you want to rag on the few cats on the board that go overboard cool.....but i c this as attention seeking or someone upset that a rapper gets talked about on a message board more than their favorites do.....and thats pretty sad to me

That's just a statement, not an explanation. As I said, listing accomplishments is meaningless without some kind of comparison.

There are a lot of rappers who have done what Nas has, so why does he get all the credit for it?