Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago Bulls 9-73 this season.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floor seems congested on offense. Spacing is WOAT!!!
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    A lot of things to be impressed about though, we will be ok though. Our usual 3rd qtr explosion coming up.

fail......
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Struggling against a revamped roster without their star player...you know ? is wrong when Elton Brand terrorizing Gasol lol.... even if the Lakers come back and win this game they still not top gunners of the
    West.

As I predicted in the other thread Mike Brown's coaching will haunt the Lakers.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    Struggling against a revamped roster without their star player...you know ? is wrong when Elton Brand terrorizing Gasol lol.... even if the Lakers come back and win this game they still not top gunners of the
    West.

I agree with u, LET'S JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AFTER ONE GAME.
  • Jdub87
    Jdub87 Members Posts: 497
    Options
    Remember people its only the first game chemistry isnt built after 1 game
  • Jdub87
    Jdub87 Members Posts: 497
    Options
    I see things we r doin good and a couple of things we need to work on
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm having nightmares of the g.p./karl malone lakers.
  • toheeb27
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all this team ball ? . Kobe didn't get enough touches. SMH at him being 11 for 14. When Kobe's shooting like that he usually ends with 40+.

On another note, Dwight 3-14 from the FT line though lol?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's only one game..
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This team looks the same as last years except Bynum had a better low post game than everyone one the floor tonight. I dont care if its one game, when the Lakers play good defensive teams its going to look a lot like this. They have four players that need to have the ball to be themselves. It can work to some extent but I dont know about when they play elite teams.
  • one_manshow
    Options
    If Collison can abuse Nash like that imagine what Westbrook, Parker, Rondo, CP3, D-will and Lawson can do...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Time will tell, but they look crazy sloppy out there. Our offense is way too slow, and for some odd reason, we're running the offense through Pau Gasoft. Not Kobe, not Dwight, but Gasoft!
  • one_manshow
    edited October 2012
    Options
    West.

Whats your excuse tomorrow night against Aldridge/Hickson? and Clips on Friday with Jordan/Griffin?

• toheeb27
    Options
    West.

Whats your excuse tomorrow night against Aldridge/Hickson? and Clips on Friday with Jordan/Griffin?

LMAO, so u have us losing that game too? Bro, your boys have potential, i am scared of what Lillard will do to Nash, but slow down bro....
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a lot to work on.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't wanna overreact off if 1 game but I don't think this Princeton ? is going to work. Like a lot of basketball fans I've associated that ? w/ under talented, non-athletic, or thin teams who need to slow the game down to have a chance. None if that fits the description of this team.

In Nash u have 1 of the best passing/fast break/pick-n-roll guards ever. In D12 u have 1 of the best pick-n-roll big men and 1 of the most if not the most athletic big man in league history. Last but not least 1 of the greatest ISP/1 on 1 players ever in Kobe...WTF possessed him to think this was the best fit?

A deep playoff run is the only hope of convincing Dwight to resign. If by mid season it's not clicking, Brown either gets words to let em loose or get outta town.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Word I was expecting to see a lot more pick and rolls.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's gonna get better as time goes by.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I'm not overreacting to this game but do you guys think there's any possibility that Mike Brown gets fired midseason if things don't go well? If we don't make the WCF he's definitely out.

I don't know why Mike Brown is our head coach when you got guys like Jerry Sloan and Nate McMillan out there.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I saw(besides Colison handing Steve Nash his ass) was adjustments not being made and terrible defensive effort out there. Lakers should quit bullshitting and fire Mikey Brown and go head and let Jerry Sloan coach this team. If Jerry was here he'd be getting at these dudes for the lazy defense. When was the last time a Jerry Sloan team looked soft. Name a better coach for a pick n role guy like Nash, when this man has coached Stockton and Deron Williams and made them stars with that same play, I dare y'all. L.A need to put a stop this Mike Brown era right now! Weak ass link, ? let Bruce Almighty coach absolute circles around him. Mike can't use that "tryna emplement new players to the system" excuse because Rick got 9 new guys over there on that Dallas team and got more outta inferior guys than Mike could get out of hall of famers. Smh
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Offense is a work in progress.....but the defense was terrible....they played like they didnt have any energy
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to have Kobe in the low post on the weak side while Nash runs pick and rolls on strong side with Dwight while pau pops out for mid range jumpers....also run picks with Kobe and Nash so we they get a switch with a small pg on Kobe forcing to defense to double Kobe or leave him alone to get torched......they really need to take Nash out early in 1st qtr and then bring him in the beginning of 2nd quarter with Dwight Jamison Ebanks and Meeks and run the suns 7 second offense for 8 or so min of 2nd quarter and then bring back in Kobe and pau to finish off the quarter and go up like 20 on every one.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I fell alseep after one quarter...

But from what I did see, this what I can say:

-Ron artest should be BANNED from even touching the basketball unless its for a lay up.. he is mentally ? and at times acts like he touched a basketball for the first time in his life and just turns the ball over for no reason

-They sucked on defense... Dwight didnt look to be himself on defense at all.

-Steve nash needs to RUN THE OFFENSE like he did when he was in Pheonix for every minute he is on the floor... Why does he come up the court and pass the ball immediately? He needs to be the one creating and setting ppl up like he always has and like Rondo does for Boston... if he's gonna be a glorified Steve Kerr, might as well cut his ass right now and bring Fisher back or something.

There is NO WAY the Lakers should have lost this game on opening night.. Mike Brown has to go... He's just not built to coach a team like this... Their defensive energy was non existent... Bring in Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan or Larry Brown or SOMEBODY.... Give them 10 million a year and get rid of this clown Mike Brown... he doesnt even look interested in the game.
This discussion has been closed.