Real Talk E-40>KRS One

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe ? really putting KRS and E-40 in the same class, or even think to compare them.

I can't envision a situation where e-40 deserves such reverence. I'm not always a supporter of KRS but dude deserve better than this.

E-40 is like the West Coast NORE or something, there's no way these two should be compared. Being relevant is not a substitute for actual talent. Not saying E-40 doesn't have talent, he has shown an ability to change with the times but that's easy when all you do Is talk about poppin ya collar and making up words to sound cool.

Both are independent, which I support but where is E-40's Criminal Minded? What undeniable classic was he apart of in all these years? Since the turn of the century I would rather listen to E-40 and I do listen to E-40 but seriously how a ? that barely stay on beat considered a superior MC to KRS? Like that's all KRS do is MC!
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Y'all don't remember how big Krs was... E 40 ain't never been as popular as Krs was in his prime... Ic Revisionist history again...

E40 isnt popular out of Cali. Ok.

But hes well respected by other emcees and is still putting music out.

KRS got sonned by Nelly
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I can't believe ? really putting KRS and E-40 in the same class, or even think to compare them.

I can't envision a situation where e-40 deserves such reverence. I'm not always a supporter of KRS but dude deserve better than this.

E-40 is like the West Coast NORE or something, there's no way these two should be compared.
    Being relevant is not a substitute for actual talent. Not saying E-40 doesn't have talent, he has shown an ability to change with the times but that's easy when all you do Is talk about poppin ya collar and making up words to sound cool.

Both are independent, which I support but where is E-40's Criminal Minded? What undeniable classic was he apart of in all these years? Since the turn of the century I would rather listen to E-40 and I do listen to E-40 but seriously how a ? that barely stay on beat considered a superior MC to KRS? Like that's all KRS do is MC!

Lmao the bolded made me laugh out loud.? actin like this is blasphemy.E-40 has a dope catalog just cuz YOU ? don't bump him don't take away from his career.NO rapper in history can last 23 years in this game without doing somethin right
  • jono
    Options
    jono wrote: »

E-40 is like the West Coast NORE or something, there's no way these two should be compared.
    Being relevant is not a substitute for actual talent. Not saying E-40 doesn't have talent, he has shown an ability to change with the times but that's easy when all you do Is talk about poppin ya collar and making up words to sound cool.

Lmao the bolded made me laugh out loud.? actin like this is blasphemy.E-40 has a dope catalog just cuz YOU ? don't bump him don't take away from his career.NO rapper in history can last 23 years in this game without doing somethin right

KRS been in the game longer though. E-40 like 45 years old rapping on beats produced by his teenage son trying to be trendy to a few hundred cats in the Bay. KRS ain't cut like that. How you damn near 50 following trends? Shouldnt you be setting them?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? damn near the same age too... Lol
    You would swear they was 50 years apart... Let these ? tell it
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    krs is a wonderful teacher & i respect his role in rap history but ima go wit mah ? 40 water!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KfeKc8DvD8

Word to me, im mad as ? i wasted 1/8 of this blunt on this ? b, e40 v DMC woulda been a more reasonable debate.."foshigadels"
  • jono
    Options
    I ? with some of this "new" E-40 ? though, don't get me wrong. But it's not like this ? dropping classics out here, it's cool though.

Like I said hes like NORE hes cool and his material is dope to me but I wouldn't say he better than anyone, let alone a vet wih decades of exposure and classics under his belt. That's just not what's up.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    If he wacc to you that's cool.The simple fact you ? keep referring to the 80's and albums that krs dropped 25 years ago should say enough He's irrelevant NOW.40 isn't

40's peak was from 95-99 imo
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you were to do that with e-40 anybody that could actually remember all the songs you know has to be from the bay.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Duke said tell me when to go was 40's peak

soil4.jpg

Droppin soon.Now when's krs new album droppin? And who's checkin for that ? except new yorkers and old ass ? born when dr king was marchin?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What makes E 40 more relevant?
    He do more international shows or nah?
    This ain't about 40 being wack... The Nore comparison is pretty good..
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is almost like comparing busta rhymes to rakim....

I mean both are dope, but you talkin about two totally different lanes... two totally different styles of rap.

88Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Lee lol.. I mean it's like apples and oranges... what do you like better shrimp or pizza? ? I like both.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KGR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KRS

but that's another thread
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duke said tell me when to go was 40's peak

soil4.jpg

Droppin soon.Now when's krs new album droppin? And who's checkin for that ? except new yorkers and old ass ? born when dr king was marchin?

you saying 2013 e-40 records are just flying off the shelves? there's gonna be a line outside of record stores from coast to coast the day that ? drops, b? e-40's tour gonna sell out like a beatles reunion (with george and john)? you telling me his fan-base are young kids in the prime of their lives and they have a e-40 poster on their wall right next to drake and justin beiber and whatever other ? this so-called relevant generation listens to?

or nah?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is almost like comparing busta rhymes to rakim....

I mean both are dope, but you talkin about two totally different lanes... two totally different styles of rap.

88Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Lee lol.. I mean it's like apples and oranges... what do you like better shrimp or pizza? ? I like both.

That ? in that Bruce Lee thread was some of the stupidest ? I ever read, unless your putting gloves on Bruce and in a boxing ring with boxing rules then it's not even worth debating, it's not close, there's no maybe if this happened or that happened, Tyson wouldnt even get a jab in
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? just disrespected 40 by comparing him to NORE.....NORE
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Lmao you know they lost when they start clickin feelins over simple posts.

It aint a debate.40 is better to me.If you don't agree too bad you should know by now I don't give a fucc what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POC9VxPeIGo

Dope music that's dropped THIS decade.Can't say the same for krs everything goes bacc to 88
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Genocide smart as hell. Dude just be sitting thinking like, Hmmm, what can I come with to ? these boys off this time? *light bulb*, aaaah, THREAD: Bow Wow's Beware of Dog album was better than The Blueprint. And he come back to 15 pages
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    E-40 has dope music that dropped in the 90's the 00's and the 10's

3-4 dope albums,classic songs wit substance,has his own lingo/style and consistently gives his fans new music

Krs hasnt had a dope song since Outta Here which dropped 20 years ago.He's an old school act while 40 is still doing his thing I heard function remix at the spot last year that's what I mean when I say 40's relevant.? gotta blow the dust off them old ass lp's to bump krs one
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Another overrated pioneer. He was Dope, but overrated. Longevity and speaking too many generation is a awesome accomplished. How many artist have come n gone sinced E-40 got that Jive deal? My dad listened to E-40, I listen to E-40, I see teenagers listening to 40. KRS is linked to One Era. We could talk bout whos better or we could go stat for stat.

Nah, in NY they bump KRS every once in awhile till this day when they do the DJ mix ? . His ? was always dope. He was on the street knowledge tip that dudes praise Nas for. Black Cop, 9mm, Sound of the Police etc.

But all ? aside, KRS would embarrass E-40 in any category of emceeing. To me KRS is better than all of those commercial ? y'all ? praise... even now. Dude was the definition of a dope emcee. People just don't like hipm because they consider him arrogant.

Flow, lyrics, delivery, spit off the head, battle ? , substance, unique, original, rock the crowd etc. Few emcees have the whole package like sun.

Of course KRS would prolly beat 40 on some battle ? . But 40 would rap circles around KRS. Delivery, flow, and metaphors. 40 is the greatest independent artist in the history of the genre. Like I said we could talk out our necks, or compare stats. KRS is to the 80s what Ja Rule is to the 00s.

848.gif
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    After yall ? up ? Cowboys2, yall Oakland ? get no respect. That was the most country ? i ever seen.

Wasn't that ? about some ? in the hood? I turned it off after like 5 minutes.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    E-40 has dope music that dropped in the 90's the 00's and the 10's

3-4 dope albums,classic songs wit substance,has his own lingo/style and consistently gives his fans new music

Krs hasnt had a dope song since Outta Here which dropped 20 years ago.He's an old school act while 40 is still doing his thing I heard function remix at the spot last year that's what I mean when I say 40's relevant.? gotta blow the dust off them old ass lp's to bump krs one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8eyWuqRSMM

"I got next" was dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8RqgDsO3c4

him and Buckshot had a couple bangers a few years back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnl7Q_IBXbw

I remember everyone saying he had the best verse on this, Nas took it imo tho