Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Discussion Thread (Nov 5th)

Options

Comments

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Busta's delivery is 10x more fluid albeit comical, and his ability to pick wholesome beats is second to none.

Em, albeit potentially superior in the lyrics department, can be irritating as all hell over beats which usually don't help either.

I disagree. This is not some Busta-like ? .

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not tryna grade this on a song curb tho sum songs you grade on if you can sing along with it or bang it in the whip or see the twerk team shaking they ass to it but then there are songs like this where it's all about it he spaz out on it...yea busta beats for his songs mite be better but that's not what ppl say they say "busts killed that ? " but then hear this and call it weak why cuz mike will or dre ain't produce it or cuz its em the one who's spitting the bars cuz I guarantee if this song was EXACTLY the same but it was busta or tech n9ne sumbody else ppl in here would be losing their minds
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

Busta's delivery is 10x more fluid albeit comical, and his ability to pick wholesome beats is second to none.

Em, albeit potentially superior in the lyrics department, can be irritating as all hell over beats which usually don't help either.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not tryna grade this on a song curb tho sum songs you grade on if you can sing along with it or bang it in the whip or see the twerk team shaking they ass to it but then there are songs like this where it's all about it he spaz out on it...yea busta beats for his songs mite be better but that's not what ppl say they say "busts killed that ? " but then hear this and call it weak why cuz mike will or dre ain't produce it or cuz its em the one who's spitting the bars cuz I guarantee if this song was EXACTLY the same but it was busta or tech n9ne sumbody else ppl in here would be losing their minds

or kendrick
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

maxresdefault.jpg

or kendrick

Why hiphop fans logic is ? to me at times....You can throw in Drake 5 Am in Toronto in there too ? going crazy talking about how he went in etc...Seems like its a double standard for MC's.. When a cat like Drake, Kendrick more mainstream heads go in the hiphop industry bust nuts...when its a more lyrically inclined mc doing the same ? but better...they are rappity rap ass ?
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah I hear what your saying, but his spaz out just wasn't it for me. When you break it down line by line, he is not saying anything really quote worthy. It is just Em flowing, cutting his syllables up like a pizza pie, and 'roboting' his way through the track. Then he goes on to flow-jack Yung Joc, Ace Hood and a few other ? which was cool, but its like meh. Flow wise, I could agree this may be his best work. If his twitter stans would have there way, its the GOAT Em track. Delivery, lyricism, and overall presentation though? This aint it at all.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I hear what your saying, but his spaz out just wasn't it for me. When you break it down line by line, he is not saying anything really quote worthy. It is just Em flowing, cutting his syllables up like a pizza pie, and 'roboting' his way through the track. Then he goes on to flow-jack Yung Joc, Ace Hood and a few other ? which was cool, but its like meh. Flow wise, I could agree this may be his best work. If his twitter stans would have there way, its the GOAT Em track. Delivery, lyricism, and overall presentation though? This aint it at all.

Yea I can get what you saying that's why I stated I have no problem with anybody that doesn't like it cuz there are some ppl like yourself that it just genuinely isn't for and that's coo but then there's those ppl that's just calling it weak cuz its em that's where the problems at...I'm not no big em supporter but I can appreciate when any mc just hops on a track and let's it rip for 6min.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When he was talking about "? boy" who was he taking shots at? Lil B?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Yea I can get what you saying that's why I stated I have no problem with anybody that doesn't like it cuz there are some ppl like yourself that it just genuinely isn't for and that's coo but then there's those ppl that's just calling it weak cuz its em that's where the problems at...I'm not no big em supporter but I can appreciate when any mc just hops on a track and let's it rip for 6min.

U gotta block them out bruh and let'em hate. It's been that way with Em on this site ever since those tapes came out.
  • nujerz84
    edited October 2013
    Options

U gotta block them out bruh and let'em hate. It's been that way with Em on this site ever since those tapes came out.

Was like that before the tapes word to Deadazz Serious having the whole first two pages of Em threads he made .
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehhh song is not that good. Lyrically and stylistically is okay but the beat is wack and it's actually too animated in some parts.

I was ? with it for a second and then it just got overwhelming. It's too busy.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    funny how the responses in the MMLP2 thread are completely different from this one. In there they got 30+ posters praising the song and here posters just come in to hate because it's em.

To each his own i guess.

Compare that to the overrate-ness the song & Eminem period gets tho. Theres always 2 sides to an extreme duke. Cant cry over the other. Just like theres people who dislike it cuz its Em or just dislike it, theres millions of "? Marshall Mathers the GOAT just cuz he white & sells well even though theres better emcees than him especially ones who have better albums than him but cuz he white were supposed to lick his ? " fans.

Eminem fans & Miley Cyrus fans are the same. Dont forget that most Eminem fans were molded from the TRL generation..and thats who now feel they can speak on rap & what it is or isnt & what Eminem is to this culture. Thats why all of them try their hardest to bogart Eminem's spot in the all-time list every day.

I mean you just randomly put that you think Eminem would body Kendrick's Control verse if he did one..like wtf, where did that come from? & that sounds so illogical anyway.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    ^^^ I say majority on this site dont fit the TRL mold you talking about.
  • s3nterocks
    s3nterocks Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    There's more to lyrics than putting words together. The delivery was weak and typical animated Em style. No standout quotables. Beat is whack as ? , and that hook?

Even if you disagree with everything I've mentioned (which is the same thing everyone is saying), you can't dispute that there is not replay value.
  • s3nterocks
    s3nterocks Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    I meant spitting, not lyrics.

? has to be entertaining after all.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Ehhh song is not that good. Lyrically and stylistically is okay but the beat is wack and it's actually too animated in some parts.

I was ? with it for a second and then it just got overwhelming. It's too busy.

Well put right there.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    funny how the responses in the MMLP2 thread are completely different from this one. In there they got 30+ posters praising the song and here posters just come in to hate because it's em.

To each his own i guess.

Compare that to the overrate-ness the song & Eminem period gets tho. Theres always 2 sides to an extreme duke. Cant cry over the other. Just like theres people who dislike it cuz its Em or just dislike it, theres millions of "? Marshall Mathers the GOAT just cuz he white & sells well even though theres better emcees than him especially ones who have better albums than him but cuz he white were supposed to lick his ? " fans.

Eminem fans & Miley Cyrus fans are the same. Dont forget that most Eminem fans were molded from the TRL generation..and thats who know feel they can speak on rap & what it is or isnt & what Eminem is to this culture. Thats why all of them try their hardest to boguard Eminem's spot in the all-time list every day.

I mean you just randomly put that you think Eminem would body Kendrick's Control verse if he did one..like wtf, where did that come from? & that sounds so illogical anyway.

I get what you are saying tho. But i'm not from the TRL generation and i'm most def not white. I'm a hip hop head. And all ? aside eminem in his prime was way better than kendrick is now. Em is well respected as a very talented lyricist among old school pioneers and the cats that came up with him. There is a reason why white rappers beastie boys, mc serch, vanilla ice, icp, macklemore, machine gun kelly, mac miller etc aren't considered on such a high level as eminem. But i get what you're saying. Em was like the white kid from the surburbs hero. But no doubt that em could still spit like his prime if he wanted too. And of course alot of people could murder Kendrick on it, but there is no doubt that em would demolish kendrick on a control verse.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who say he didn't smack the ? out the beat for 5 minutes + is lying to themselves...

Touched on some topics too...

Dope track.

*Ive never been an Em fan. Can't remember the last song he made I like.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The IC.....Where one of the greatest rappers alive cant win....

No matter how many excuses you can come up with, that track was straight fire and Em shows why you cant ? with him lyrically....Dude is a lyrical gymnast!

You wanna know how good the track is? Ask your favorite rapper......
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that ? needed a video that's what I'm talking about king Mathers on the mic
  • TuggerNutz
    TuggerNutz Members Posts: 5
    Options
    We here at family feud surveyed 100 rappers for the following question. "Who is the one rapper you never want to battle?" Survey says! Eminem.. All 100 points. And that's a FACT. Anyone who disagrees was clearly born in the 90's and doesn't deserve to hear rap music. Sorry homies. This ain't trap, get money, Molly poppin, Elementary rhyming music that depends on a beat and catchy hook get over it.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want that album 100% songs like rap ? real lyrics