Hannibal Season 2 (February 28th)

Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW, i actually hope NBC does cancel it, and Showtime picks it up. Showtime would allow Fuller to do whatever he wants, no restrictions on sex, violence and cursing. Also give him as many seasons he needs to finish the story.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Being that I don't have premium cable channels anymore I would hate for that to happen for selfish reasons. I consider the Nielsen ratings system flawed as ? too. They have 3 million plus people watching the show every week according to their ratings records but that's only people who have a Nielsen box installed in their home. In reality there are more people watching this like those of us in this thread for example but of course we/they don't count towards the numbers because we/they don't have nielsen boxes smh.

One thing I think could help start a mainstream bandwagon that the general nielsen demographic audience could hop on in the future is rebranding the show during the seasons that adapt the novels. Like re-title the show Red Dragon when it gets to the fourth season and The Silence of the Lambs by season 5 provided everything works out between DeLaurentiis/Fuller and MGM. Those are the only Lecter stories most people are familiar with and could make it more clear to them in terms of what this series is all about.

I really do think there are some people who don't even watch the show because they don't know it's a retelling of the Hannibal Lecter mythos. They probably think it's something else and if they knew what it was they'd probably watch it; and making the title more explicitly obvious could help with that.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    BTW, i actually hope NBC does cancel it, and Showtime picks it up. Showtime would allow Fuller to do whatever he wants, no restrictions on sex, violence and cursing. Also give him as many seasons he needs to finish the story.

As long as Fuller has complete control I'm cool with whatever network but I don't trust Showtime anymore lol.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    What a great introduction to Mason Verger, ? this dude is nuts. I lost it when Will dragged that ? out of her car but the last scene with Will and Hannibal was genius.

"You slice the ? ".
    "This isn't pork".

I have a feeling it definitely isn't Freddie, however. It's probably the last killer, Randall (?) Tier. Will is going to the extreme to manipulate Hannibal by eating human meat. This season is going to shape up well.

Y'all see the previews too?
    Lol at "eating for two"
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freak ? episode. But Good nonetheless.
  • marc123
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Damn! Will really killed the reporter.

Mason Verger is a twisted dude.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Pitt was killin' it with Mason tho. Such a sick ? with those pigs, spraying her perfume on one of her suits stuffed with meat.
  • marc123
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What a great introduction to Mason Verger, ? this dude is nuts. I lost it when Will dragged that ? out of her car but the last scene with Will and Hannibal was genius.

"You slice the ? ".
    "This isn't pork".

I have a feeling it definitely isn't Freddie, however. It's probably the last killer, Randall (?) Tier. Will is going to the extreme to manipulate Hannibal by eating human meat. This season is going to shape up well.

Lol at "eating for two"

I thought it was pretty clear they were eating the reporter. Like when hannibal said, "the meat tastes stressed"
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I don't know what to think about what Will is doing.. On one side because the show is so good I kind of feel like I want Will to be murking ? with Hannibal.. but on the other I know better and it's an elaborate plan to bait Hannibal but I can't see how this end game shapes up.. Truly genius.

What yall think of Michael Pitts portrayal of Verger?
  • Broddie
    Options

"You slice the ? ".
    "This isn't pork".

Lol at "eating for two"

I thought it was pretty clear they were eating the reporter. Like when hannibal said, "the meat tastes stressed"

You seem to have already forgotten how a couple of weeks ago Will tells Jack Crawford that "nothing is what it seems to be" and how Crawford and Graham basically talked about figuring how to finally bait Hannibal before catching him.
  • Broddie
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Damn I don't know what to think about what Will is doing.. On one side because the show is so good I kind of feel like I want Will to be murking ? with Hannibal.. but on the other I know better and it's an elaborate plan to bait Hannibal but I can't see how this end game shapes up.. Truly genius.

What yall think of Michael Pitts portrayal of Verger?

He overacted a lot but I let it slide since it was his first appearance. Hopefully he comes across more natural and understated as he gets used to the role.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options

"You slice the ? ".
    "This isn't pork".

Lol at "eating for two"

I just don't see Will doing that. If you notice in the preview, they show someone on fire in wheelchair. Isn't this how Lounds dies in the book/film? My guess is Hannibal finds out Will has been hiding Freddie or trying to use her in some way and he kills her.
  • marc123
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

"You slice the ? ".
    "This isn't pork".

Lol at "eating for two"

You seem to have already forgotten how a couple of weeks ago Will tells Jack Crawford that "nothing is what it seems to be" and how Crawford and Graham basically talked about figuring how to finally bait Hannibal before catching him.

Yea, i did forget that. I was jus so shocked at seein will attack the reporter. I didnt remember nuthin else
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With the character development and calm pace of the show I knew the fight between Jack and Hannibal would be later in the season. But I really hope it isn't the finale they wait until. At least allow for an additional episode of chase/investigation/reaction before ending the season.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show has the best imagery on tv bar none. We finally got introduced to Michael Pitts as Margo’s pyscho twin brother. At first I was taken aback cause I thought he wold play it closer to Jimmy from Boardwalk. But this character ? works as a rich spoiled brat that enjoys tormenting ppl espeically his sister.

And I guess Will cant say Hannibal aint never give him ? . Hooked him with some ass although he was ? his ? .

Lol at Hannibal busting out his plastic suit. Hell of an optic.

Damn has Will completely broke bad to expose Hannibal?
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Will killed the reporter.. Why would he schedule for them to have an interview, not be home, n lure her into the barn for her to find all that evidence if it's really "not as it seems"?..It's probably a setup to get Hannibal, I just can't see Will turning into a killer to catch him..

Also, why was Hannibal in that plastic suit?
  • Broddie
    Options

Damn has Will completely broke bad to expose Hannibal?

Nah he's just being a good fisherman.

He was gonna ? Freddie Lounds but she wasn't home.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    I don't think Will killed the reporter.. Why would he schedule for them to have an interview, not be home, n lure her into the barn for her to find all that evidence if it's really "not as it seems"?..It's probably a setup to get Hannibal, I just can't see Will turning into a killer to catch him..

You're able to read in between the lines but can't figure out why Hannibal wears a plastic suit at times?
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Hannibal renewed!

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nbc-renews-hannibal-1201176411/
    Drama had been on the fence for a pickup, but its hard core fan base and international appeal put it over the top. NBC noted that the edgy show derived from the “Silence of the Lambs” franchise is the youngest-skewing 10 p.m. drama on NBC, ABC or CBS.

The fate of another bubble drama at NBC, “Revolution,” is not clear but sources said it is not looking good for a third season of the Bad Robot/Warner Bros. TV drama.

NBC’s Thursday family drama “Parenthood” is said to be looking good for a final-season order.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Promo pics from episode 12:

it's happening!
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
  • marc123
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Michael Pitt is killin it. Dude can act.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Michael Pitt is killin it. Dude can act.

Lmao. He said "I was laying down composing in my mind, like the deaf Beethoven." I know Hannibal wants to ? this dude so bad now. Pitt did a great job. I got really tense when he was with that kid, but I think Fuller is just having him be a ? rather than a full on ? (or at least just showing his ? side). He's one of the most ? up characters on this show, ? . Especially what he did to his sister.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that ? was implied when he told Hannibal about the summer camp where his dad would sponsor underprivileged kids. The look of complete disdain and disgust on Hannibal's face during that scene was appropriate.
  • marc123
    Options
    lmao at the look on hannibals face when mason went and laid on the couch.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that ? was implied when he told Hannibal about the summer camp where his dad would sponsor underprivileged kids. The look of complete disdain and disgust on Hannibal's face during that scene was appropriate.

Right. I remembered that scene just as I posted that. I'm going to watch this episode again. It was a damn good episode but it's making me hate Alana Bloom so much now.