How Will People Remember The 2000's & 2010's? (It's Real Annoying When People Only Mention The 90's)

Options
GorillaWitAttitude
GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
edited July 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
Do yo think the 00's decade was good? Also, do you guys think we are in a good decade right now? Now, I know people will always say the 90's were the best. However, how will people look back in 20 years and think of the 2010's and the 2000's. I wonder will they say that my generation was cool too. Plus we have good programming on TV and combat sports has evolved. Also, video games are better than ever and Anime is too. It would be crazy in 20 years people will keep saying the 90's were the best and forget about the 00's and 10's. I want this decade to be like the 90's and memorable. Plus do us 90's babies have hope? Like now most of us are 20 and up will can make pop culture cool.

2010s.jpgde-0909-188816-front.jpg
BestOfThe2000s.jpg
90s.gif
6e82a140098f076a2a29219ef1f160d4.jpg

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    Nah, I don't think it was that good.

I'm speaking as an '88 baby, too.

When Tigga left the Basement in '05, that's the day the '00 decade died.

Yeah, but i'm wondering in 10 years or five people will be saying I miss da 00's fam. Plus I wonder how people will take the 2010's decade. We came up with some innovating stuff so far.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    00s was really great! I lived in Japan for 2 years, better than any 90 era for me, all it was school.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    00s was really great! I lived in Japan for 2 years, better than any 90 era for me, all it was school.

I guess just like for me. Hopefully, this era will be great for me. I just turned 20 yesterday, so this had me thinking. Maybe this decade we can have a lot more innovating stuff. Don't get me wrong I respect the 90's and it's pop culture. I just want people to appreciate what we have now and we can still make it good.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    janetjacksonsmall_2128463i.jpg

I remember that
  • Dr. Stitch
    Dr. Stitch Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I guess just like for me. Hopefully, this era will be great for me. I just turned 20 yesterday, so this had me thinking. Maybe this decade we can have a lot more innovating stuff. Don't get me wrong I respect the 90's and it's pop culture. I just want people to appreciate what we have now and we can still make it good.

Although i understand the point you makin...the bolded shows me you clearly aren't old enough to appreciate the 90's the way ppl born in the late 80's and earlier can...
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the 90's the 70's were "the" decade. In the 00's it was the 80's & now it's the 90's
    In 10 years people will be talking about how great last decade was.
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    90s was da best era by far. 00's was fun too tho. Turned 21 in '03 and it was on. 10s is wack. I feel bad for kids who grew up in da 80s tho even tho I practically did myself. Lol
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    90s were the last original decade. 2000+ has been a rehash ? for instance in OP, there's a movie based in the 70s, a re-release of a nike shoe, the third offering of a game from 1997,and some girl dressed as rainbow bright from the 80s. The only thing that really stands out is reality tv, social media, and napster. Maybe the damn motorola razr flip phone that everybody had and ? ..
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    count remy wrote: »
    90s were the last original decade. 2000+ has been a rehash ? for instance in OP, there's a movie based in the 70s, a re-release of a nike shoe, the third offering of a game from 1997,and some girl dressed as rainbow bright from the 80s. The only thing that really stands out is reality tv, social media, and napster. Maybe the damn motorola razr flip phone that everybody had and ? ..
    Yeah, but we have original technology and video games. I would image how the East Coast Vs West Coast would be with Twitter and Facebook. Also, it would be cool to have something similar to that now. So, hip hop can really pop off again.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Besides the evolution of the cell phone, how we listen to music, and video games, American culture after 1999 has been slightly dull.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 90s was cool and all. But all that "i miss the 90s" and "90s appreciation" ? been played out.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    2000s was a let down after the 90s...it served it purpose of illustrating how great the 90s was

This.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    Options
    I remember 9/11 and that event changed things for the worst, however it's not all bad. Plus I wish Pac was still alive and Pun too. We just gotta love what we have now. I'm gonna be honest if time travel was possible I would travel to the 90's and stay in that decade.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    about the only things that have genuinely gotten better in the 00's compared to the 90's were technology and scripted tv dramas. so i will wager that these 2 topics will be what people will bring up the most in a discussion about that decade. aside from the tragedies
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9/11 ? this country up. It started fear mongering to the highest levels. I remember the terrorist threat levels. Gore losing to Bush. Then that mini Great Depression that we still trying to climb out of. ? the 2000's were wack as ? .