Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eventually all the selfish attitudes and egos on the Seahawks roster will implode and the money is the thing that might be the primary factor. Bruce Irvin and Bobby Wagner should be the only ones worrying about a long-term contract, Kam Chancellor and Michael Bennett complaints make absolutely no sense to me after they just signed their deals. They were happy to sign them with no hesitation originally but now it's all a problem when it's Russell time to get paid? Bobby Wagner's tweet makes me question if these dudes really support Russ like that.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eventually all the selfish attitudes and egos on the Seahawks roster will implode and the money is the thing that might be the primary factor. Bruce Irvin and Bobby Wagner should be the only ones worrying about a long-term contract, Kam Chancellor and Michael Bennett complaints make absolutely no sense to me after they just signed their deals. They were happy to sign them with no hesitation originally but now it's all a problem when it's Russell time to get paid? Bobby Wagner's tweet makes me question if these dudes really support Russ like that.

Those ? are suffering from what Pat Riley has often talked about "The Disease of Me"
    The Winner Within Pat Riley argues that whether we know it or not, all of us are team players and it is through the team that we find significance. Yet the team can be undermined by the Disease of Me. In The Winner Within, he describes it as the overpowering belief in the importance of oneself. “The most difficult thing for individuals to do when they’re part of the team is to sacrifice. It is so easy to become selfish in a team environment.” The Disease of Me is ever present, but it can be anticipated and overcome. Riley lists the following symptoms of the disease:
    1. Inexperience in dealing with sudden success
    2. Chronic feelings of underappreciation
    3. Paranoia over being cheated out of one's rightful share
    4. Resentment against the competence of partners
    5. Personal effort mustered solely to outshine a teammate
    6. A leadership vacuum resulting from the formation of cliques and rivalries
    7. Feelings of frustration even when the team performs successfully

Riley cautions, “Without that sacrifice, you’ll never know your team’s potential, or your own.”

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2uzcvi9.jpg

? sounds salty.

Yeah but he ain't lying tho
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that. Why should they care about somebody else getting paid when their not.

And white ppl always talk that selfish ? about black athletes. Knowing damn well the object of life is to make sure you get enough money for you family.

? that dumb ? talking bout disease of me ? .
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You really can't be that damn warp-minded to sit up here and talk like free agency ain't gon compensate these dudes if the Seahawks won't? I mean got damn it man, you really need to give that narrow-minded ? a rest.
  • raisethe3
    raisethe3 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't think Wagner is salty. He's just being honest. I believe Seattle will work a deal with him for certain.

My only gripe is Chancellor and Bennett, never understood it. I mean they signed a contract and they're suppose to honor it. Isn't that what a contract is? I understand the greed, but they could've thought about it more before actually signing the damn thing.

Also for Bruce Irvin, I doubt Seattle wants to invest this guy. This is a guy that makes stupid bone-head moves (ie. stupid penalties, substance abuse, etc). Seattle prides on trying to find guys who stays out of trouble, but that's not say they don't take a chance on them (ie. Frank Clark). Honestly I think Seattle can let Bruce go. Funny, he even tweeted that he's signing to Atlanta next season too.

One thing you guys should note, Schneider and Carroll are genius in finding diamond in the rough. What I mean by that, they find players deep in lower rounds, or CFL players and flourish them and maximizes their potential. I mean, who knows, but look at Chris Matthews for example. Dude could be a beast this season.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully Seattle starts shopping Chancellor, but he has no leverage they don't have to do anything, he has 3 years left on his contract what's he going to do walk away from all that guaranteed money because he's not happy with his contract? I wouldn't give in and I doubt they can meet his demands anyway
  • raisethe3
    Options
    hopefully Seattle starts shopping Chancellor, but he has no leverage they don't have to do anything, he has 3 years left on his contract what's he going to do walk away from all that guaranteed money because he's not happy with his contract? I wouldn't give in and I doubt they can meet his demands anyway

Highly doubt they will do that. I think they'll just have him play it out and perhaps trade him with a year left remaining on his contract while finding draft replacement for him.

• sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options
    2uzcvi9.jpg

? sounds salty.

He should've been our 1st round pick, not Claiborne's brittle ass who gets burned every other play.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sideon1984 wrote: »
    2uzcvi9.jpg

? sounds salty.

He should've been our 1st round pick, not Claiborne's brittle ass who gets burned every other play.

Jerry made a lot of draft mistakes, he made some good ones too though. Steven and Jason are running the show now they'll take care of business.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    raisethe3 wrote: »

Highly doubt they will do that. I think they'll just have him play it out and perhaps trade him with a year left remaining on his contract while finding draft replacement for him.

What do you mean play it out? Play out his current contract? The one he's not happy with and losing $30,000 everyday he holds out? How far is he going to take it if Seattle doesn't meet his demands? I doubt he's just throwing away money for no reason in the end, will he ask to be traded and threaten to retire if they don't? If Seattle isn't willing or can't meet his demands wouldn't it be in their best interest to trade him now and get very good value in return or not trade him, not give in to his demands and let him hold out or retire as long as he wants to let it be known for future reference in other contract negotiations once you sign the contract you're going to honor it or its your loss?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sheldon Richardson is wildin, wasnt he already eating a 4 game suspension for the bud? Lol ? drag racing and blunt riding wit a kid in the whip? Goodell bout to extend that suspension to 8 games
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Sheldon Richardson is wildin, wasnt he already eating a 4 game suspension for the bud? Lol ? drag racing and blunt riding wit a kid in the whip? Goodell bout to extend that suspension to 8 games the rest of the season.

Fixed. Just think about all the ? that happened:

- Speeding at 140 MPH
    - A SEMI-AUTO in the car
    - Hotboxed
    - with a 12-year-old child in the back.

? . He's ? either way.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sideon1984 wrote: »
    2uzcvi9.jpg

? sounds salty.

Jerry made a lot of draft mistakes, he made some good ones too though. Steven and Jason are running the show now they'll take care of business.

Nah Jerry wanted Wagner
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Excited to see the Giants passing attack whenever eli not on his back.

terrified about the defense. We gave up the most long plays last year with veteran safeties with experience, I wonder what this year will bring. Im hoping for the best and im not even gonna bring up the jpp situation.
  • raisethe3
    Options
    raisethe3 wrote: »

What do you mean play it out? Play out his current contract? The one he's not happy with and losing $30,000 everyday he holds out? How far is he going to take it if Seattle doesn't meet his demands? I doubt he's just throwing away money for no reason in the end, will he ask to be traded and threaten to retire if they don't? If Seattle isn't willing or can't meet his demands wouldn't it be in their best interest to trade him now and get very good value in return or not trade him, not give in to his demands and let him hold out or retire as long as he wants to let it be known for future reference in other contract negotiations once you sign the contract you're going to honor it or its your loss?

Yeah, exactly that. Because look at Bennett, he's complaining, but Seattle ain't doing nothing for him. He knows he can't afford to lose money so eventually he caved in.

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Sheldon Richardson is wildin, wasnt he already eating a 4 game suspension for the bud? Lol ? drag racing and blunt riding wit a kid in the whip? Goodell bout to extend that suspension to 8 games the rest of the season.

Fixed. Just think about all the ? that happened:

- Speeding at 140 MPH
    - A SEMI-AUTO in the car
    - Hotboxed
    - with a 12-year-old child in the back.

? . He's ? either way.

Smh. Wont be the whole season ? . Richardson jus has to go the league office n meet with Goodell n "beg for forgiveness". So he might get 8 gms total. Then prolly dropped down to 6 after a review n good behavior.