True Detective Season 2

Options

Comments

• suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Vince Vaughn did his thing this ep. The scene with him and his worker was the best part of the episode, imo. He gets ? on a lot but I think the writing is more of the problem.

I feel for Taylor Kitsch's character. He really had no way out. I guess killing him was an easy solution. Maybe I'm crazy but it makes no sense to leave the black chief alive. Also find it hard to believe that cop would be in perfect position at the right time and exit.

Criticisms aside, I am looking forward to the finale. Ani and Velcro seem to be ? .
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this show! I just came in here too say that
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Summary of what's going on in the show for those still confused like me. Found this on reddit:

In 1992, a jewelry store in LA was robbed and its owners, a husband and wife, were brutally murdered. The robbers made off with rare blue diamonds. It turns out that the son and daughter of the owners were hiding in the cabinet during the robbery. Paul read the case file on the robbery, and discovered that Det. Dixon, Lt. Burris, and Chief Holloway were the officers on the robbery case, and gleaned that they went rouge, robbed the store, and killed the owners. Ben Caspere worked for the police at the time, and was also involved with the theft.

Years later, those men rose up in the world and claimed places of power in Vinci: Burris as a lieutenant, Holloway as police chief, and Caspere as city manager.
    In the present, there is this whole land deal that is less complicated than it might seem. The Catalyst Corporation, the mayor, Osip the Russian-Israeli, Ben Caspere, Frank Semyon, and other powerful investors bought up cheap land in California (land that was intentionally poisoned and bought up). They have made a deal to sell that land to the federal government for the development of a rail line. The investors all stand to make a ton of money.

And then the show begins... Caspere is killed and brutally tortured by a man in a raven mask, Semyon's investment through Caspere collapses, and so forth. Basically, rich guys want more money and are killing those who would stand in their way or blackmail them. But it doesn't seem like Caspere was killed by Catalyst, Mayor Chessani, Burris, or Holloway. So who killed him?
    Well, Velcoro and Bezzerides just found out that the daughter of the jewelry store owners grew up to be an ? , who then eventually became Ben Caspere's assistant. Odd. And she had a brother who would be around 30. Dark haired guy. Might work as a set photographer for movies. Might also wear a raven mask from time to time.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    this guy....
    78970.png

See...that's why this season ain't ? . Who the ? is he?

told yall....

Who is he? Looks familiar but I don't remember who he is.

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i watched last night and forgot what the ? is even teh point of this season anymore.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I had more hands so I can give this season four thumbs down. I thought Arrow season 3 was bad but this has been disappointing.
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Vince gets clapped... Like in real life for this horrific performance
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Yellow King >>>>>

Hate saying that about a child ? psychopath, but damnit that just shows how bad this season has been
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally tying it all together (with some help from reviews) It's actually a nice yet convoluted premise they just went about it all wrong.
  • Rampage12
    edited August 2015
    Options
    this guy....
    78970.png

If you indeed did catch this without reading spoilers, I'll give you props.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    matt2 wrote: »
    I think Vince gets clapped... Like in real life for this horrific performance

I think Nic caught some heat for last season not having either Harrelson or McConaughey die given the dramatic ass whoopings/stabbings/bullets they took, which is why I think he killed off Kitsch this season and I'll agree with you that he'll probably ? off Vaughn next episode...just to watch Farrell and McAdams walk off into the sunset together...which would be kind of funny considering Kitsch is banging McAdams in real life.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The season is finally picking up a bit of pace - it's still feels like too little too late though, and for all the review breakdowns the kind people of the internet have been posting up makes you realise the plot and dialogue for this season really had no reason to be as convoluted and messy as it has turned out.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just dont give a ? anymore
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    this guy....
    78970.png

If you indeed did catch this without reading spoilers, I'll give you props.

nah just paid attention to what he said in the episodes and his stature and build compared to the person we seen carrying the body in the first episode no ?
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Solid season. Feel like alot of people thought it would be as good or better than season 1.....

ZJsn4c4.gif
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Season 1 honestly doesn't even cross my mind when i watch this. ? just ain't that good. Back to the drawing board.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watchin ep 7 was like watching paint dry. ? was boring AF.

It literally takes me 2 hrs to get thru each ep. I keep pausing it do other ? . Cant keep my attention.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Riggins ? lover is actually a young Oscar from The Office.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Tim Riggins ? lover is actually a young Oscar from The Office.

Before he went clean and decided to lay low like Denzel in The Equalizer right, haha.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    will someone please tell me wtf is going on in this show? actually nm. i don't think i care.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That last ep was probably the best one sp far this season. The dialogue was on point. Still calling this season a bust regardless of the finale. Expectations is a mother....
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK what it is,but the show is just not as good as season 1,which isn't rare.

Okay so Frank is a G bottom line.IDK his plan,but he gives no ? .

The ? dude was dumb to go down there.I think we been knew the mayor,the black dude,and other ppl were ? and the shootout was a set up.

Those 2 broken ppl belong together.I thought she would ? him.

Her ex partner be keeping it 100.

Frank ? dude up,bad.

? wasn't the worst,but I just don't care about these ppl enough.

Colin is the best character and the female cop is cool.

I wonder if her father is in on this?he's weird.maybe he was selling kids back then.IDK

So the question still is,who killed those ppl? Frank and the other guy.

I wonder why farank didn't just admit who told about the ? ?

? eh and meh,but still good enough to watch.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? aint got no sound
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really a million in the bag and instead of sticking to the plan Ray stops to see his son and ends up getting killed.. Smmfh..
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? . 8 eps and basically nothing was resolved or changed. I hate when ? character decisions ? up what should be a decent ending.