Dr. Dre- Compton- Official Album Discussion Thread (8/7/15)

Options

Comments

• mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^...that is my ? right there

• Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rbx shoulda done the hook on one shot one ?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Dr. Dre's Compton Projected To Sell 250-275k & Debut At #2

Based on first day sales data, Hits Daily Double forecasts an opening week total of 325-340,000 for Luke Bryan’s “? the Lights.” The Apple-exclusive “Compton,” which is the soundtrack to “Straight Outta Compton” and being positioned as the first Dr. Dre studio album since 1999, is expected to move 260-275,000.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=297085

I know Dre dont care about sales but that ? wouldve at least went Gold the 1st week had he put this out the normal way. No promotion, only available on itunes. Hell I bet theres TONS of people that have no idea about this ? .

Do u love dre?

I love his music, yes.

? always tryna ? sumn up >_>

Tell me about it....
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been bumpin' non-stop. A few thoughts.

I can't wait to hear Rick Ross over some of these ? .

I can't believe just how dope the production is. Other songs sound a lil different and I haven't even had the pleasure of listenin' through dope earphones yet.

About Em's verse. I'm just not a fan of his new style of rappin'. I think its wack. The ? line was silly. Why put a line like that in such a mature album? I kno' ? were expectin' Chronic 2015 (I was, although I'm not disappointed it came out this way) but I love the sound. Sonically amazin' and no one else in hip-hop cudda made it.

? with that Rick Ross ? ...
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cherokee on IG stunting for hard for them likes Every 2 minutes she posting thirst traps sheesh
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Cherokee on IG stunting for hard for them likes Every 2 minutes she posting thirst traps sheesh

Whats her screenname fam?
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will listen to this tonight. I been putting it off
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've only listened once so far, while the beats are dope it seems a bit over produced, sorta reminded me of kanyes last two albums but better sounding

When you do get someone actually spitting a verse they are good except eminem, and I used to like eminem but his ? sucks on this

The love for money song is somewhat of a ? tease because even though I know bone thugs aren't on the song you almost wait for them to rip it

And deep water is dope but it seems a bit out of place on this album to me

It's a quality listen but also hoping it continues to grow on me
  • jmol
    jmol Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    The album is cool but i don't really hear any thing i would play at a party on there. Like let's get high or next episode. And he didn't do any smooth tracks all of them seem to be him rapping fast and erratic and out of character. And that cube track was weak
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Say 'whats up' to the ? wearing all black at the white party."
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny how as soon as people hear a Dre verse they start with the, "who wrote that?" Maybe he wrote the damn verse. Dre been rapping since 1985. You don't think he can write 16 bars? Now I don't think he write's much of what he raps because he wants the ? top notch but I think he has a lot of input on the writing process of his verses and probably adds some of his own bars here or there. It just be funny to me that ? think Dr. Dre don't write 1 bar but they would say that about the ? at the post office. Dre been around rappers and the writing process for 30 years and I'm sure he's picked up something here or there.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L3NU wrote: »
    It's funny how as soon as people hear a Dre verse they start with the, "who wrote that?" Maybe he wrote the damn verse. Dre been rapping since 1985. You don't think he can write 16 bars?

"Never let me slip cuz if I slip then I'm slippen"

I have no doubt in my mind he wrote that ? .

DOC wrote GThing
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited August 2015
    Options
    jmol wrote: »
    The album is cool but i don't really hear any thing i would play at a party on there. Like let's get high or next episode. And he didn't do any smooth tracks all of them seem to be him rapping fast and erratic and out of character. And that cube track was weak

the ? ? if you wouldnt play For The Love of Money at the party Im not sure I wanna be at that ? anyway. besides, this ? aint meant to be a ? party album. this is a bbq with ya homies, playin dominoes, smokin weed and gettin ? music. the ? everything gotta be about a party with you new ? fuckas? christ, get the ? out the ? damn club for a minute and appreciate some real ? music for once. ? .

and All on Me and All in A Days Work aint smooth? yeahhh im pretty sure you need to shut the ? up right about now...

of course, this is coming from a dude with Lil B in his avi. you cant be serious...
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok got my 3rd listen of this today..
    This is a good album (4/5 mics) overall production could have been a bit better.
    And why in ? 's...Name.... Was there not a nwa reunion track ?!?!
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here come these damn feminists!!!

Twitter, Feminists, Media "Furious" Over Eminem's ? Lyrics On Dre's New Album "Compton"

Rap legend Dr. Dre released his first album in 16 years last night, and it's called "Compton."

Reception has been good, but some of the content has been criticized.

Eminem is in a bit of a muck after performing a lyric on the album that many think is insensitive to victims of ? .

During the song "Medicine Man,"he's heard rapping the line "Ain’t no one safe from, non-believers there ain’t none. I even make the b
    I ? c--.”

Karen Ingala Smith, chief executive of Nia Project, a charity that fights violence against women and children, told The Guardian the Eminem line was damaging to the culture.

"Women and girls who have suffered sexual violence often blame themselves or question whether they were really ? ," she said. "Peddling the lie that orgasm equals consent silences victims of sexual violence.”

She added, "When we minimize, celebrate, glorify or condone men’s violence against women, we are amplifying the conditions in which it can occur."

Eminem got a lot of negative feedback on Twitter:

How is eminem still making ? jokes in his verse though? You're like my parents age, please grow up
    — zach from alaska (@memejunction) August 7, 2015

As good as the line was…Eminem didn’t need to include that “? ” line especially as passionately as he said it…*sigh* but it was sick
    — Keith N. (@JusAire) August 7, 2015

Eminem's line about ? on Dre's new album .. Smh why ��
    — Z.P.O (@ZPO_TheMixedKid) August 7, 2015

Oh so more Eminem lyrics glorifying ? , time to grow up dude �� *DELETE* #Compton #rapeculture
    — sjeel (@whatkindafukery) August 7, 2015

Whether or not Eminem meant to infuriate people with the lyric, this isn't the first time he's said something controversial or alluded to ? .

On his "Shady CYPHER" from 2014, he referenced the situation of Ray Rice hitting his wife, Janae, as well as basically mocking ? rights as a whole.

His song "? You" alludes to some eye-popping lyrics, most notably ones highly criticized for their demeaning nature against women.

Even one of his most popular songs, "Love the Way You Lie," mentions tying a woman to a bed if she leaves him again and setting her house on fire.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol@ Zach from Alaska
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Here come these damn feminists!!!

Twitter, Feminists, Media "Furious" Over Eminem's ? Lyrics On Dre's New Album "Compton"

Rap legend Dr. Dre released his first album in 16 years last night, and it's called "Compton."

Reception has been good, but some of the content has been criticized.

Eminem is in a bit of a muck after performing a lyric on the album that many think is insensitive to victims of ? .

During the song "Medicine Man,"he's heard rapping the line "Ain’t no one safe from, non-believers there ain’t none. I even make the b
    I ? c--.”

Karen Ingala Smith, chief executive of Nia Project, a charity that fights violence against women and children, told The Guardian the Eminem line was damaging to the culture.

"Women and girls who have suffered sexual violence often blame themselves or question whether they were really ? ," she said. "Peddling the lie that orgasm equals consent silences victims of sexual violence.”

She added, "When we minimize, celebrate, glorify or condone men’s violence against women, we are amplifying the conditions in which it can occur."

Eminem got a lot of negative feedback on Twitter:

How is eminem still making ? jokes in his verse though? You're like my parents age, please grow up
    — zach from alaska (@memejunction) August 7, 2015

As good as the line was…Eminem didn’t need to include that “? ” line especially as passionately as he said it…*sigh* but it was sick
    — Keith N. (@JusAire) August 7, 2015

Eminem's line about ? on Dre's new album .. Smh why ��
    — Z.P.O (@ZPO_TheMixedKid) August 7, 2015

Oh so more Eminem lyrics glorifying ? , time to grow up dude �� *DELETE* #Compton #rapeculture
    — sjeel (@whatkindafukery) August 7, 2015

Whether or not Eminem meant to infuriate people with the lyric, this isn't the first time he's said something controversial or alluded to ? .

On his "Shady CYPHER" from 2014, he referenced the situation of Ray Rice hitting his wife, Janae, as well as basically mocking ? rights as a whole.

His song "? You" alludes to some eye-popping lyrics, most notably ones highly criticized for their demeaning nature against women.

Even one of his most popular songs, "Love the Way You Lie," mentions tying a woman to a bed if she leaves him again and setting her house on fire.

a SMH button would be appropriate
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People still outraged by Eminem lyrics 16 years down the line?

I hate these Twitter ? who always have something to say. Everything is always about them.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Feminists" are the new trolls

They get 'upset' about everything and slyly drag people in to be apologetic. I just laugh

? the whole lot of 'em and they faux feelings
This discussion has been closed.