Stew wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    ? said his black rapper peers don't count lmaooo

they probably don't want to ? their money up by dissing the great white hope

Who said anything about dissing him? Nobody gettin paid to name him in their top whatever list. By your logic, your vote don't count either cause you're biased against white ppl or nah?

biased??? even if i was biased it would not matter because the consensus among black hip-hoop fans as exemplified by this thread and it's poll is that while EM is talented he is not worthy of being called a legend.

Aren't u one of the ppl on here who openly hate white ppl?

No, i don't hate white people I have described how i feel about white people on here a million times and still ? hold onto their own preconceived notions about how i feel JUST because i don't fall in line with their own views.

Clever lol

If you don't kiss the white man' s ass or if you aren't down with the rainbow coalition. The house ? automatically think you are racist and homophobic.

If you aren't down with race mixing they think you are a horrible person. Foh

I dont really give a ? what you think to be honest LOL

Then what the ? you ask me for???

To see you do exactly what you did. Thanks *daps*
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hmm if there was a hiphop/rap HOF Em would be first ballot and he made some great music in the past does that make one a legend idk. Not every great HOF Player is a legend.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Why does @Stew stan so hard for Eminem?

When he doesn't like Em's deep, emotional, personal songs he hasn't been through the struggles in life to relate but even if 1 doesn't relate to poverty, growing up in the hood, in a single parent home, divorce, depression, growing up on welfare etc 1 can still like deep music from the artist. Alot of Em's fan base who like his deep music ain't been through the struggles simply just like his deep music but Stew clearly doesn't

With Stew he likes the multi's, flow, rhyme schemes, violant content etc but why Stan so hard just coz u like those things when Jay Z, Nas, Canibus, Royce, Big Pun, Andre 3000, J Cole, Scarface, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap and many more u get all that from more and are better at those things

I never got this because someone who likes his deep tracks u can see why they would go hard for him because a song like Beautiful impacted their life helped them over came a struggle, got them through their struggle, inspired them

But what excuse is their to stan so hard when u just like the artist for ? like flow and multis? u can get that from a ninja like Rakim but Stew don't go hard for Rakim like that

• GunTown
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    GunTown wrote: »
    ovoCapo wrote: »
    @LikeWater I'll give u props u atleast explained yourself even though u were vague as hell

Rather than pretending like half his discography isn't relatable, deep, emotional, personal songs

U not insecure to admit he does have deep songs or troll like he doesn't

I just think if u a ? hip-hop fan u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs in a dark, gritty, ? way like how Nas, Scarface, 2pac, Joe Budden, Outkast, Wu Tang, Dead Prez, Public Enemy present it

Where as if u a music fan, a fan of catchy music u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs how Eminem, B.o.B, Drake, Kid Cudi, Kate Perry, Justin Beiber, Adele Micheal Jackson prersent it

Shut upppppp u dont kno ? . Eminem ? is hard for black person to relate to . I think hes corny jus appeals to the crackaz. Dont ever compare pac to this craka again he ? up pa legacy wit that ? i kno that ? did it on purpose . U a ? wtf u kno bout hiphop

Not from Pakistan

Know more about hip-hop and music than u do

U a troll but i'll bite

So there's no blacks that are proud parents and love their kids like Eminem does? (Mockinbird, Hailie's Song, When I'm Gone)

There's no blacks that love their mothers like Eminem loves his and made a song dedicated to loving his? (Headlights)

There's no blacks that grew up in poverty in public housing/section 8 housing in the inner city? (Rock Bottom, 8 MIle Road, If I Had, Lose Yourself)

There's no blacks that grew up in a single parent home like Eminem did? (Sing For The Moment, Cleaqning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that ever been divorced, been cheated on, broken up with a partner? (Stronger Than I Was, Spacebound, Love You More, Crazy In Love)

There's no blacks that ever been through depression (Beautiful, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes)

There's no blacks that hate the system, opressive government (We As Americans, Mosh, Square Dance)

There's no blacks lost a friend in the streets (Like Toy Soldiers, You're Never Over, Difficult)

There's no blacks who ever caught a case and had issues with the law? (Soldier)

There's no blacks who ever ? bad ? (Superman, So Bad)

There's no blacks who over came drug addiction? (Not Afraid, Beautiful, Be Careful What You Wish For, Beautiful)

There's no blacks who ever had an argument and been kicked out by their mother? (Cleaning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that are motivated to make it to the top and escape their struggles? (Gut's Over Fear, Till I Collapse, King's Never Die, Lose Yourself)

It doesn't matter if the subject is relatable if the presentation doesn't resonate with the listener. I don't know what's so difficult about understanding that concept. It's rather rudimentary.

You Eminem zealots will forgo common sense and objectivity if someone doesn't hail him as a savior or some ? . Smh. It's annoying as ? and another reason we (black folks and hip-hop heads) don't like him -- because his fanbase truly is made up of stans.

But u the only 1 who has ever ever actually bothered to explain yourself and said it doesn't matter if the subject matter is relatable if the presintation doesn't resonate with u. And LabBaby too recently he did as well

Nothing hard to get about that have no issues with u for not liking him because of the presintation

But unlike u and a few other good dudes like @5th letter who not fans like that but will atleast explain why they don't like the deep songs

Most the IC pretend as if the deep songs don't exist it's just those trolls i hate
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @LikeWater I'll give u props u atleast explained yourself even though u were vague as hell

Rather than pretending like half his discography isn't relatable, deep, emotional, personal songs

I just think if u a ? hip-hop fan u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs in a dark, gritty, ? way like how Nas, Scarface, 2pac, Joe Budden, Outkast, Wu Tang, Dead Prez, Public Enemy present it

Where as if u a music fan, a fan of catchy music u gonna prefer the relatable subject matter/songs how Eminem, B.o.B, Drake, Kid Cudi, Kate Perry, Justin Beiber, Adele Micheal Jackson prersent it

Shut upppppp u dont kno ? . Eminem ? is hard for black person to relate to . I think hes corny jus appeals to the crackaz. Dont ever compare pac to this craka again he ? up pa legacy wit that ? i kno that ? did it on purpose . U a ? wtf u kno bout hiphop

Not from Pakistan

U a troll but i'll bite

So there's no blacks that are proud parents and love their kids like Eminem does? (Mockinbird, Hailie's Song, When I'm Gone)

There's no blacks that love their mothers like Eminem loves his and made a song dedicated to loving his? (Headlights)

There's no blacks that grew up in poverty in public housing/section 8 housing in the inner city? (Rock Bottom, 8 MIle Road, If I Had, Lose Yourself)

There's no blacks that grew up in a single parent home like Eminem did? (Sing For The Moment, Cleaqning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that ever been divorced, been cheated on, broken up with a partner? (Stronger Than I Was, Spacebound, Love You More, Crazy In Love)

There's no blacks that ever been through depression (Beautiful, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes)

There's no blacks that hate the system, opressive government (We As Americans, Mosh, Square Dance)

There's no blacks lost a friend in the streets (Like Toy Soldiers, You're Never Over, Difficult)

There's no blacks who over came drug addiction? (Not Afraid, Beautiful, Be Careful What You Wish For, Beautiful)

There's no blacks who ever had an argument and been kicked out by their mother? (Cleaning Out My Closet)

There's no blacks that are motivated to make it to the top and escape their struggles? (Gut's Over Fear, Till I Collapse, King's Never Die, Lose Yourself)

It doesn't matter if the subject is relatable if the presentation doesn't resonate with the listener. I don't know what's so difficult about understanding that concept. It's rather rudimentary.

You Eminem zealots will forgo common sense and objectivity if someone doesn't hail him as a savior or some ? . Smh. It's annoying as ? and another reason we (black folks and hip-hop heads) don't like him -- because his fanbase truly is made up of stans.

But u the only 1 who has ever ever actually bothered to explain yourself and said it doesn't matter if the subject matter is relatable if the presintation doesn't resonate with u. And LabBaby too recently he did as well

Nothing hard to get about that have no issues with u for not liking him because of the presintation

But unlike u and a few other good dudes like @5th letter who not fans like that but will atleast explain why they don't like the deep songs

Most the IC pretend as if the deep songs don't exist it's just those trolls i hate

Yo @GunTown it's apparent Eminem has had a profound effect on u. Cool. You feel his "deep" songs. Got u. Him being your favorite rapper does nit mean he is a legend. It definitely doesn't mean he would be a legend to Black rap fans, which is what the topic is. Are you Black?? If not, how could u really have an opinion on what Black people think??

@Stew you're in Atlanta, right?? When was the last time you heard anyone in Atlanta that was Black bump any song from Eminem that wasn't Lose Yourself and wasn't in the gym or a workout environment?? Is he a dope rapper?? Absolutely. But he's sold a large amount of albums mainly for the same reason Baseball continues to be popular, even though it's boring as ? : it's because Whites want a person that looks like them that they can cheer for. Ever wonder why many Whites claim to hate the NBA?? Take a guess...
  • GunTown
    Options

Not from Pakistan

U a troll but i'll bite

Yo @GunTown it's apparent Eminem has had a profound effect on u. Cool. You feel his "deep" songs. Got u. Him being your favorite rapper does nit mean he is a legend. It definitely doesn't mean he would be a legend to Black rap fans, which is what the topic is. Are you Black?? If not, how could u really have an opinion on what Black people think??

@Stew you're in Atlanta, right?? When was the last time you heard anyone in Atlanta that was Black bump any song from Eminem that wasn't Lose Yourself and wasn't in the gym or a workout environment?? Is he a dope rapper?? Absolutely. But he's sold a large amount of albums mainly for the same reason Baseball continues to be popular, even though it's boring as ? : it's because Whites want a person that looks like them that they can cheer for. Ever wonder why many Whites claim to hate the NBA?? Take a guess...

Yeah of course theres been times i been homeless, had nothing at all no money, no food, been cheated on in relationships, struggled coming from a welfare home, saw my parents struggle and his music got me through that it connected like no other rappers music

I don't care what others think his music has made me cry, really got me like that u can call me a softie i don't care i'm not ashamed to admit it

And as far as the topic goes i was 1 of the first posters in here to say he not a legend to black hip-hop fans 1 is dillusional or naive to think he is. The fact is he is not i do not dispute that or would pretend he is a legend to the black community

But i have a question bruh

Let's say Em was black only thing different was he was black but he had this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM

U think blacks would not be like yeah this is mad deep, i'm resonating with the depth i feel it, it touched me?

And lets 2pac was white and he made this song u think blacks would be feeling it like they do now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyBjzRrEdE0

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    rubixcuban wrote: »
    list of things you can guarantee from a person who states Eminem is their favorite rapper/Is the goat

1: doesn't know who black thought is
    2:has never bought a hip hop album
    3: can't name 5-10 nas songs
    4: likes wutang immensely but only knows the song shimmy ya
    5: Is generally unkempt

I've met plenty of 2pac stans (not including myself) who don't know ? about Nas and many times even hate Nas. I've met plenty of 2pac fans who have said Nas is boring and would have no idea who Black Thought is. Many of these people are Black too, I've seen and spoken to them in the Bronx to my old college. What does that say about 2pac fans? Nothing. But if you're speaking about White people then you could be right (most of the time lol)
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Not from Pakistan

U a troll but i'll bite

What's funny is I heard the TES coming out of a window from one the hoodest ? apt complexs I've ever worked out of that I've never seen a white person in off of Hollywood Rd and it's happened other times, even posted about it right after it happened last time but y'all know everything and know every black person in the world apparently lol
  • GunTown
    Options
    @Stew can u answer my question

Why does @Stew stan so hard for Eminem?

When he doesn't like Em's deep, emotional, personal songs he hasn't been through the struggles in life to relate but even if 1 doesn't relate to poverty, growing up in the hood, in a single parent home, divorce, depression, growing up on welfare etc 1 can still like deep music from the artist. Alot of Em's fan base who like his deep music ain't been through the struggles simply just like his deep music but Stew clearly doesn't

With Stew he likes the multi's, flow, rhyme schemes, violant content etc but why Stan so hard just coz u like those things when Jay Z, Nas, Canibus, Royce, Big Pun, Andre 3000, J Cole, Scarface, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap and many more u get all that from more and are better at those things

I never got this because someone who likes his deep tracks u can see why they would go hard for him because a song like Beautiful impacted their life helped them over came a struggle, got them through their struggle, inspired them

But what excuse is their to stan so hard when u just like the artist for ? like flow and multis? u can get that from a ninja like Rakim but Stew don't go hard for Rakim like that

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Not from Pakistan

U a troll but i'll bite

Yeah of course theres been times i been homeless, had nothing at all no money, no food, been cheated on in relationships, struggled coming from a welfare home, saw my parents struggle and his music got me through that it connected like no other rappers music

I don't care what others think his music has made me cry, really got me like that u can call me a softie i don't care i'm not ashamed to admit it

And as far as the topic goes i was 1 of the first posters in here to say he not a legend to black hip-hop fans 1 is dillusional or naive to think he is. The fact is he is not i do not dispute that or would pretend he is a legend to the black community

Let's say Em was black only thing different was he was black but he had this song

U think blacks would not be like yeah this is mad deep, i'm resonating with the depth i feel it, it touched me?

And lets 2pac was white and he made this song u think blacks would be feeling it like they do now?

That's the thing though, everything you claim Eminem is to u, has already been done in hip hop. Deep,thought provoking songs are plentiful in hip hop and all of them don't come from Tupac, believe it or not. All That I Got is You by Ghostface comes to mind, and there are 100's more. Like I said, it's clear he's your favorite. He's not mine. I don't see him as a legend much like I don't see 50 as a legend, and they both sold crazy records when they were hot.

I remember getting caught in the hype of the first white rapper that could really spit. I bought a couple of his albums but they just didn't have any replay value to me. I could only listen to so much of a dude crying about his baby momma and how he wanted to ? her and him dissing pop stars (what black rapper would still have credibility going after Backstreet Boys and Christina Aguilera in a rap??). He has amazing talent. Wish he would've used it for better subject matter. My opinion, of course
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this chick is trying her hardest to get stews attention lol
  • GunTown
    Options
    People might laugh but this Gang has been involved in murders, shootings and i can even show the newspaper article links to prove it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTtQvFA46J4

If u are a real bad man your street credentials speak for them self, u known in the street have done it all u can bump Britney Spears or Justin Beieber with no ? given u notv an insecure person

And the thing is so many nerdy, non street, suburban white males bump Nas music

Everything is not always how the IC portrays the simple fact of the matter is black people have different tastes if u a black person that loves catchy music u gonna be an Em fan and u could care less what some IC blogger thinks

• GunTown
    edited August 2015
    Options

Not from Pakistan

U a troll but i'll bite

That's the thing though, everything you claim Eminem is to u, has already been done in hip hop. Deep,thought provoking songs are plentiful in hip hop and all of them don't come from Tupac, believe it or not. All That I Got is You by Ghostface comes to mind, and there are 100's more. Like I said, it's clear he's your favorite. He's not mine. I don't see him as a legend much like I don't see 50 as a legend, and they both sold crazy records when they were hot.

I remember getting caught in the hype of the first white rapper that could really spit. I bought a couple of his albums but they just didn't have any replay value to me. I could only listen to so much of a dude crying about his baby momma and how he wanted to ? her and him dissing pop stars (what black rapper would still have credibility going after Backstreet Boys and Christina Aguilera in a rap??). He has amazing talent. Wish he would've used it for better subject matter. My opinion, of course

See this what i mean i named u some his deep songs but u still being ignorant

I give up u will never get it

I posted u a song that is my fave Beautiful

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Not from Pakistan

U a troll but i'll bite

I've said this for years, if a Black dude made a lot of the songs Eminem has made, he'd be considered an even bigger legend in the Black community. Eminem can rap for days and his subject matter is actually very deep in a lot of his songs, a lot deeper then I hear from a lot of these mainstream artists that's out now. 2pac had the gift of making versatile songs too, but because Eminem is white, many will hold that against him. I can't even name 5 rappers alive now who can out rap Eminem in a battle, and that's another legendary aspect of him.

Eminem has mastered almost all of the traits needed to be a legendary rapper, classic albums, songs, and a history of vicious battling, almost never losing. How that is not considered legendary is beyond me.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    this chick is trying her hardest to get stews attention lol

What she doesn't know is unless I get @'d by someone else who quotes her I won't even open the email to see where she @'d me at and when I do go to the post that someone else quoted ill skip right by her ? and read the other persons quote. RNS
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GunTown
    Options

Not from Pakistan

U a troll but i'll bite

I've said this for years, if a Black dude made a lot of the songs Eminem has made, he'd be considered an even bigger legend in the Black community. Eminem can rap for days and his subject matter is actually very deep in a lot of his songs, a lot deeper then I hear from a lot of these mainstream artists that's out now. 2pac had the gift of making versatile songs too, but because Eminem is white, many will hold that against him. I can't even name 5 rappers alive now who can out rap Eminem in a battle, and that's another legendary aspect of him.

Eminem has mastered almost all of the traits needed to be a legendary rapper, classic albums, songs, and a history of vicious battling, almost never losing. How that is not considered legendary is beyond me.

Yeah and i alwways said him singing makes his deep songs even more emotional

Singing is always gonna bring more emotion that rapping so that is a huge reason why Eminem fans are fans of his. In another thread i posted Tweets of Eminem dans saying the sin ging is a huge aspect of why they listen to him

2pac just rapped which he did extremley well of course

But they both have songs about the same subject matter

Poverty
    Growing up in a single parent home
    Depression
    Welfare household
    Being homeless
    Relationships
    Fame
    Politics
    ?

Just Eminem style with the deep songs is catchy it's got the substance but the songs especially things like the hooks and melodies stay stuck in your head

Where as Pac is just substance in a typical rap way like Scarface, Nas, Chuck D and Black Thought

Eminem, B.o.B, Kid Cudi have a substance that is more musical melody driven
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was never into his music, but he was ok to me. Id listen to certain songs every few months. But i never listened to son in 3-4 years. So recently i was on a long drive and i was like ? it ill put on some Eminem. I go on spotify and put on SSLP, listened to maybe 1 and a half songs and skipped the rest. Then i was like let me listen to MMLP next, and i was only able to listen to 2 songs fully. Skipped the rest.

So nah, he aint no legend to me.
  • doodle
    doodle Members Posts: 51
    Options
    Even Bizarre is a better rapper than Eminem. That whiteboy outright sucks.
  • GunTown
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @kingblaze84 u are obviously a cool dude, quite mature, not a troll unlike most the IC

Do u think alot of blacks that don't like his music think he lying and he never really grew up poor, never grew up in a welfare home, never struggled working minumum wage jobs, never was homeless, never grew up in a single parent home, never grew up in section 8

Because for alotta people it seems like it is hard to believe a white person actually came from the struggle and poverty and went through all them struggles

Funny enough @Usmarin said he feels Eminem is lying an obvious known troll and known idiot but i can't help but think some on the IC actually do think this
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't give a ? about that white boy coming from poverty .White poverty is not like black poverty..different race different experiences
  • GunTown
    Options
    We don't give a ? about that white boy coming from poverty .White poverty is not like black poverty..different race different experiences

But the same funemental struggles lack of money, struggling to pay bills, living in cheap housing, living around crime, struggling to pay rent, getting by on welfare

But u are also wrong in this case as Eminem grew up in a black hood populated by blacks
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this thread but lemme ask this. DO yall think if another white artist was in Ems place on aftermath, would they have the same success. Paul wall, bubba, keayshawn, macklemore? i highly doubt it. theres something special about eminem. its ok to give him his props. dude is a legend
  • GunTown
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    ? this thread but lemme ask this. DO yall think if another white artist was in Ems place on aftermath, would they have the same success. Paul wall, bubba, keayshawn, macklemore? i highly doubt it. theres something special about eminem. its ok to give him his props. dude is a legend

It's called Song Writing

He is the greatest Song Writer ever