Fear The Walking Dead (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if an episode of The Walking Dead was set on a passenger airliner before civilization had fallen?

That’s basically what AMC is planning in a highly unusual — if not totally unprecedented — new special that’s set during the time period of the hit drama’s companion series, Fear the Walking Dead.

Here’s the plan: EW has exclusively learned AMC is producing a half-hour special that will tell a stand-alone story following a group of passengers facing a walker attack on an airline while in flight. One character who survives that encounter will then join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead in season 2. So, yes: Zombies on a Plane.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/28/walking-dead-airline?hootPostID=30d222c9b3e79848334e27f5c91ce64d

I wonder if that's why we got that extended look at that plane earlier in the episode.

Hopefully they just have it online and keep it gory as ? because this show is weak as hell.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I still don't understand why all the power was just cut off

Chaos, riots, people ? ? up..

Cell phones ain't working due to call volume

that kid in the high school with the knife explained how it was going to happen to the guidance counselor lady. on a side note if a zombie apocalypse ever goes down for real I aint ? with no chicks until the dust settles. look at tonights episode and see how unlogical the daughter was. idiot ? was watching virals on her phone and can't put 2 and 2 together with her boyfriend being bit. then she tries to leave her sick brother in withdrawl to check on him. her brother was trying to tell her and what does she SAY?" " I hate you" I hate you too dumb ? . like somebody else said, why do people on this show have a problem relaying important information.

when I was talking about the relaying of information i was referring to the junkie son and his sister all he had to do was say " look the other day i saw a girl overdose die and come back in a mindless state and i shot my dealer/friend watch him die get back up , mom and dad even ran over him with the truck and he was still coming after us can't you tell something was going on?" but he kept dancing around the issue instead of getting to the point. i like this show and i'll continue watching.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dead tired but nobody cleaned his wound or asked how he got it?

He was asked if he was bitten, he said yes.

She knew she couldn't help, that's why she told her daughter to just leave him.

like how as in what was the incident that caused it

and,yall have to,remember amc is poor as ? ,when it,comes, to budget TWD budget was ass until the show got bigger

yall ? ? about how black,characters that are,in show that actually had lines shouldn't be getting offed so easily look how much ethic groups are,actually running this show

theres like 3 white people in this show
    show vs the hispanic couple,arab fam,3 black,dudes that caught the fad

if this,shows stay afloat that equals doors opening for us

twd only brought through established black actors

ftwd is giving these young dudes some burn dead or alive

if FTWD keeps going the ethnic route then we dont need that one black character because we,wont be a minority in the storyline like we always are

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that kid in the high school with the knife explained how it was going to happen to the guidance counselor lady. on a side note if a zombie apocalypse ever goes down for real I aint ? with no chicks until the dust settles. look at tonights episode and see how unlogical the daughter was. idiot ? was watching virals on her phone and can't put 2 and 2 together with her boyfriend being bit. then she tries to leave her sick brother in withdrawl to check on him. her brother was trying to tell her and what does she SAY?" " I hate you" I hate you too dumb ? . like somebody else said, why do people on this show have a problem relaying important information.

when I was talking about the relaying of information i was referring to the junkie son and his sister all he had to do was say " look the other day i saw a girl overdose die and come back in a mindless state and i shot my dealer/friend watch him die get back up , mom and dad even ran over him with the truck and he was still coming after us can't you tell something was going on?" but he kept dancing around the issue instead of getting to the point. i like this show and i'll continue watching.

He's a junkie and nobody believed him when he was saying all that in the hospital. Why should she believe him when he's going through a cold turkey detox?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's not forget the parents refusing to tell the daughter the same exact ? or the father calling the wife from the riot and telling her to leave but not mentioning that he's holed up in a barber shop hiding from a riot or not telling the son on the phone that there's some ? up ? going on and that's why he needs him to get his ass back home or the wife not mentioning to the father "oh i had to bash the principal's head in today - this ? is hitting the fan" or Randy not mentioning that he's sick because he got bit by a maniac.

Using lack of simple communication as a plot device is one of my biggest issues with TWD and it seems like with this show they're taking that along with their fetish for killing off black people to a whole new level.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    The non junkie son is such a ? ass ? . Emo ass

I dislike every member of the family, it's rare that you wish all the main characters would die

No lie I was thinkin that yesterday the show would be a success if no one made it out alive lol
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Let's not forget the parents refusing to tell the daughter the same exact ? or the father calling the wife from the riot and telling her to leave but not mentioning that he's holed up in a barber shop hiding from a riot or not telling the son on the phone that there's some ? up ? going on and that's why he needs him to get his ass back home or the wife not mentioning to the father "oh i had to bash the principal's head in today - this ? is hitting the fan" or Randy not mentioning that he's sick because he got bit by a maniac.

Using lack of simple communication as a plot device is one of my biggest issues with TWD and it seems like with this show they're taking that along with their fetish for killing off black people to a whole new level.

Remember when the wife got back home with the blood on her jacket and she was hiding it, or the fact she don't want to tell the daughter what's going on. WTF. I'm telling my baby so she can be on point, they always show these suburban ass people that's coddling the kids but the kids bat ? crazy
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Remember when the wife got back home with the blood on her jacket and she was hiding it, or the fact she don't want to tell the daughter what's going on. WTF. I'm telling my baby so she can be on point, they always show these suburban ass people that's coddling the kids but the kids bat ? crazy

Her son is a coke head I think it's clear she doesn't communicate wit her kids lol
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

I mean how you going to to tell your daughter and dope fiend son you had to ? a zombie
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is my biggest gripe with this show vs the comic...yea yea yea...im bringing the comic up AGAIN

in the show, b/c of the ? acting, you actually care how the outbreak started vs in the comic, you are so engulfed with the relationships and interactions with the characters, it doesnt matter how they go there, the only thing that matters is what they do to survive.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Funny thing is her not communicating almost caused her daughter to either run out or let a zombie in at the end when the neighbor got attacked
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

I mean how you going to to tell your daughter and dope fiend son you had to ? a zombie

"I had to ? a zombie. It was the second time today. We need to get the ? out of here."

see how easy that was?

yeah real easy on a msg board, zombies aint supposed to exist these people to have bug out plans

you cant make characters super aware in the beginning of an show or you won't have one

i don't think there are typical twd dumb either

think about it from the daughter perspective there two sick people that need help

her bf and her junkie brother

shes being forced to take care of the crackhead of course she's ? off and hates him

people fail to use simple communication marriages fail over that all time

whats the sense of nit picking whn it doesnt happen and not pointing out wheb it does at the same

TWD started out with people who had occupations where they where trained to handle ?

FTWD starts out with regular ass people

• SneakDZA
    Options
    You're right... if my mother had to bash her boss' head in with a fire extinguisher after a long day of running over my brother's childhood friend because they both went crazy and tried to ? her like random people have been doing on the news for the past couple days I could see how she would want to keep that information from me.

I'm being sarcastic. I'd be like "mom you seem stressed... what gives?" and then she'd tell me as we pack the car with bottled water and canned goods.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the funny thing is, the mother is a guidance counselor, someone who's supposed to communicate and assist, and she can't communicate or assist her own family

i dislike folks who tend to outside business than the business in their own home.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    the funny thing is, the mother is a guidance counselor, someone who's supposed to communicate and assist, and she can't communicate or assist her own family

i dislike folks who tend to outside business than the business in their own home.

She's a guidance councilor who has a junkie for a son and eases armed kids past the metal detector. she sucks at life.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »

You giving people and their dysfunctions too much credit. I've known guidance counselors with issues. Some people aren't as effective at dealing with their own problems as they are at telling others how to deal. It's like a cop with a criminal son. George Zimmerman's father is a Judge.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude doesn't use ? , he's a heroin user.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    They went out of the way to say the daughter is a genius but want us to believe she won't understand the situation if her mom told her
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is she a genius?
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i really don't think the parents would think that a virus like Sars, Ebola, Mad Cow, and Swine Flu would cause a human being to get shot, run over, and run over again, and still get up.

chalk it up to shock and actually not knowing what to do or say due to the situation at hand. as for shielding the sister, nah, they have to tell her what they saw without beating around the bush. she's prone to skip out the house to check on Randy, and he's going to eat her cookies (literally). she's going to need to know what the "sick" are capable of, at least from what they've witnessed when it comes to encountering the "sick" and how to deal with them (shot multiple times, take physical punishment, head shot/crushing to stop them).

also, going back to how folks are dying without getting bit; how did the neighbor die and turn? I know he was sickly looking while packing his car, did he have cancer?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    They went out of the way to say the daughter is a genius but want us to believe she won't understand the situation if her mom told her

Good grades doesn't equal apocalyptic survival acumen.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    How is she a genius?

They alluded to her being extremely smart when she substituted a class first episode and she knew it wasn't safe for somebody to go thru withdrawal the way her brother is, it was her idea to get the pills from school
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Good grades doesn't equal apocalyptic survival acumen.

I didn't question her survival tactics I jus said her mom treating her like she couldn't comprehend what was goin on if she told her doesn't make sense plus how can you survive the apocalypse if you don't know what your up against