Complex: Why Air Jordans Aren't Selling Out Anymore

Options

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn y'all in here ready to shed a tear about being able to afford sneakers now. Lol.

Good for y'all though. I barely wear sneakers nowadays. Workout, quick run to the store, chilling.

Probably not showing up to a night spot in sneakers unless I can flip then with a fresh business casual fit.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I bought sneakers to hoop in, and ? paying that much for some sneakers, now some shoes yeah but sneakers nah
    Why do u think paying high prices for 'shoes' instead 'sneakers' is so different?

A good pair of shoes will last a long time, sneakers not so much. Plus with sneakers you doing a lot more in them, running and cutting, shoes you being cool and looking cool

This isn't true. I have tennis shoes I've owned for years I can still wear in good condition. It ain't hard to do you just take care of your shoes like anything else
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I bought sneakers to hoop in, and ? paying that much for some sneakers, now some shoes yeah but sneakers nah
    Why do u think paying high prices for 'shoes' instead 'sneakers' is so different?

Maybe because shoes last longer then sneakers.

I'm just guessing.

*than my brotha...than

-then: at that time; at the time in question. ex. I was gonna go to work, but then I got high

-than: introducing the second element in a comparison. ex. Keisha's ass is bigger than Stacey's

I tried breaking this ? down for this ? ? a long time ago .....but he still has the ? in his signature :s

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm just guessing.

*than my brotha...than

-then: at that time; at the time in question. ex. I was gonna go to work, but then I got high

-than: introducing the second element in a comparison. ex. Keisha's ass is bigger than Stacey's

I tried breaking this ? down for this ? ? a long time ago .....but he still has the ? in his signature :s

But you're typing hahahahahah

And not even laughing fat boy
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    This is a great thing. Them folks who was just getting shoes to resell them was just in the ? way. If you not going to wear them get out the way. Reselling shoes at crazy marked up prices ain't a real ? hustle.

Dummies buying shoes for $200 then reselling them for $400 the same day then wondering why the person who agreed to the $400 price slapped a knot on your head took them and ain't pay you ? .

OR...

Buy them for 200, sit and wait...until they are long out of the retro cycle and ...now your 200 is 4, 5, 600

And ? forbid Nike decides to stop retroeing. Unworn pairs would be a goldmine

Im not a 'hypebeast' and the culture is corny to me, but to call people stupid for reselling- -aka investing- --is asinine. Its a GUARANTEED return on investment and potential goldmine, and it A-preciates in value

? we talking about ? nike shoes not stocks and bonds!!!
    ba9e4741a866765a03a1ecf7aa8cf6f6.gif

You guys should buy stocks and bonds like you do Jordan's. Stock is worth more than money.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    This is a great thing. Them folks who was just getting shoes to resell them was just in the ? way. If you not going to wear them get out the way. Reselling shoes at crazy marked up prices ain't a real ? hustle.

Dummies buying shoes for $200 then reselling them for $400 the same day then wondering why the person who agreed to the $400 price slapped a knot on your head took them and ain't pay you ? .

OR...

Buy them for 200, sit and wait...until they are long out of the retro cycle and ...now your 200 is 4, 5, 600

Im not a 'hypebeast' and the culture is corny to me, but to call people stupid for reselling- -aka investing- --is asinine. Its a GUARANTEED return on investment and potential goldmine, and it A-preciates in value

? we talking about ? nike shoes not stocks and bonds!!!
    ba9e4741a866765a03a1ecf7aa8cf6f6.gif

You guys should buy stocks and bonds like you do Jordan's. Stock is worth more than money.

Or you can do both
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

I'm just guessing.

*than my brotha...than

But you're typing hahahahahah

And not even laughing fat boy

Ohhhhh I definitely laugh in real life at your stupid ass :s

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA Hahaaaaa HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA Hahaaaaa Hahaaaaa HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Believe it
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Never bought a pair of Jordans in my like, the current shoes im rockin.......check my profile pic

Air Ronalds, ? !
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They seem to be a part of "black culture".

With that said I had frugal parents growing up. And we weren't even considered poor for a majority of my childhood. When my pops would talk to me about money, a lot of the things he said stuck with me. I rarely spend over $100 for any article of clothing period.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    I got the 72-10s bc i actually remember as a youngin him wearin them and thinking 'wait, those aint the white n blacks OR the black and reds'...and it must be rare bc i KNOW i remember it, but this the only pic i can find

michael-jordan-through-the-years-air-jordan-xi-part-1-05.jpg

those are the space jams, Jordan never wore the 72-10's
    Not space jams or 72-10s ....I believe those are PE's or just some samples

air-jordan-xi-11-red-space-jam-sample.jpg

• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They seem to be a part of "black culture".

With that said I had frugal parents growing up. And we weren't even considered poor for a majority of my childhood. When my pops would talk to me about money, a lot of the things he said stuck with me. I rarely spend over $100 for any article of clothing period.

My parents were frugal and taught me about the value of money at a very young age. My dad even taught me about how to invest.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? these foams will last you a lifetime.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What really changed the Jordan game was the fakes that started comin out in 2001-2003. But at the TIME, it wasn't taboo. Bc even ? like Fabolous was wearin em. First just variants, then made up colorways. (i got a pair of Phx Suns color 7s that still look tough lol) . Forced Jordan Brand hand to release more retroes and all the crazy colors

BEFORE that, those silly 'hypebeasts' went into legit business with buying and consigning Jordans that at the time weren't scheduled for release. Every pair was at minimum 400. They were eating. FlightclubNY started like that, their owner gotta be a millionaire by now.

Point being, its a hustle for resellers, and they realizing supply and demand and, again, if/when Jordan Brand stop retroing a lot of these cats will have collections worth 10, 20k. Seems to me to be some ? ? to just assume they all stupid and dont realize the potential for come up

S/n Nike Yeezys now go for as much as $5,000 on EBay. People were clowned for buying them for $500.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint got no problem with Jordans but I too was raised to know the value of a dollar. My parents took care of the basics but they wasnt gon spend all kinda extra like that especially my dad. Mixed with my personality I aint a trend follower anyway. When "everybody" doin something it kinda turns me off. I'll use an analogy that I see and have seen a lot. I got on shoes that cost under 100 and the next man got new Js and all kinda fresh sht on and probably a bunch more at home. But...Im driving by and he's at the bus stop. This goes for other things besides having a car too. But its cool that people love Jordans if thats their thing. I feel fortunate to have learnd and know some of the things I know though.
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Hahahah THE most DC ? statment of all time Hahaha
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Tell me about it. I got the Cough Drops like 3 years ago for a buck 80 and them ? are still mint. That red bottom can't turn yellow like the clear soles can. Same goes for my Bred 11's I got when I was 17.

I got a plug for sneakers and he asked if I wanted them 72-10's, but I'm cool on the clear soles. If I drop more than 2 on some sneakers, then I want them to last and I don't feel like doing that Sea Glow ? .

I ? wit Lebron's more at this point though. Jordans have lost their luster for me as I've gotten older and expanded my sneaker palate
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

OR...

they dont appreciate....they are ? sneakers.
    its just dumb ? willing to buy them. that doesnt mean it appreciates. it just means you found a ?

Fam, an unworn Jordan appreciates in value. Thats a pretty tangible statement i just made. ? the fact its Mike, ? what the item is. Pure economics. If i bought for x, can,i sell it,for x+1. Remove the emotion and talk numbers

T2XE1Go.jpg

A good example of a retor that hasnt released at all since OG. Og price 150, now market,value 600. It has appreciated. Simple, emotionless analysis
    miss me with the emotion ? .

they still dont appreciate....
    this is supply and demand type ? where someone can raise the cost.
    heres an example....if i know a group of people like swatch watches and collects them...i can raise the price of a watches because i know they will pay the price for the watch. that doesnt mean it appreciates...it just means someone who wants it can find it and i have it so i raised the price.

if these appreciate then i guess the person that buys them can later sell them for $1000. an so on and so on.

i think not.
    do they have a serial number,how do you preserve them to keep them in mint condition other than not wearing them...please tell me. them ? out the box and laced up...how do i know the ? aint wear them and wipe them off. how do you prove the authenticity...
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OR...

its just dumb ? willing to buy them. that doesnt mean it appreciates. it just means you found a ?

Fam, an unworn Jordan appreciates in value. Thats a pretty tangible statement i just made. ? the fact its Mike, ? what the item is. Pure economics. If i bought for x, can,i sell it,for x+1. Remove the emotion and talk numbers

T2XE1Go.jpg

A good example of a retor that hasnt released at all since OG. Og price 150, now market,value 600. It has appreciated. Simple, emotionless analysis

heres an example....if i know a group of people like swatch watches and collects them...i can raise the price of a watches because i know they will pay the price for the watch. that doesnt mean it appreciates...it just means someone who wants it can find it and i have it so i raised the price.

if these appreciate then i guess the person that buys them can later sell them for $1000. an so on and so on.

i think not.
    do they have a serial number,how do you preserve them to keep them in mint condition other than not wearing them...please tell me. them ? out the box and laced up...how do i know the ? aint wear them and wipe them off. how do you prove the authenticity...

Bruh stop it. I don't agree with the way Jordans are revered in our culture but you're just denying the textbook definition of appreciate. They clearly appreciate ?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haha ? tryna prove his shoe game to the Internets
  • S2J
    edited December 2015
    Options

OR...

T2XE1Go.jpg

i think not.

val·ue
    ˈvalyo͞o/
    noun
    the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.
    if i know a group of people like swatch watches and collects them...i can raise the price of a watches because i know they will pay the price for the watch

giphy.gif
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Antlerz wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    I copped the 72-10s yesterday for $100 bucks and they are real too. I wasnt bout to pay 300 for a shoe that will be released again in two years. find a good plug and you good but ? paying full price for some Js are dumb

Does the logo look like this with the butt ? ?

9oL681R.jpg

idi-amin-laughing.gif

damn yo, give me my spill milo back..
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno why they aren't selling out no more but I do kno that I ain't standing in nobody's line for them ever. If I can't get em off Nike, Footlocker, Footaction, Champs, Finishline or Eastbay I just ain't getting em. ? them cats on IG that be havin them hella early them ? gotta be fake yet and still ? still fall 4 the okie doke and buy em smh
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Besides the name, does Jordan have anything to do w the shoe?

He does actually. I have the book of how they went about making the first 23 pairs I think and he's involved in the process of how they come about. Which would explain why a lot of them are mehh.