Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thorne didn't go out like a ? . I actually think he was a good character in the show, maybe even slightly better than in the book. In the book, he's portrayed as more of a snake, like Slynt. In the show, he was just at odds with Jon. They both were standing on their principles. One of them had to go, and I'm glad it was him, but dude wasn't outright wrong for what he did. Jon did legitimately do everything Thorne accused him of.

But John had the right to do that. He was the leader.....not Thorne.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's Nymeria? She hasn't been around since Season 1.

She is an Alfa down in the riverlands
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Wildling ? turned Jon Snowboy into thr Snowman

But was ol gorl hinting at Arya that she wantd Jhaqen killed

That isnt the head of a direwolf, it was small and black....its a setup

I hope ur right but I doubt it.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is gonna sound corny as ? , but when I saw Dayne fighting with two swords the first thing I thought was in a Kevin Gates voice "I got two... swords"
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    If Melisandra can bring people back from the dead then surely she can give Bran his legs back no ? There's gotta be a spell for that to heal Bran.

The only reason that isn't going to happen is because it isn't in Martin's plans....
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i thought the same thing. the wolfs head shoulda been bigger...but im desperate for a win here
  • King of GA
    Options

i thought the same thing. the wolfs head shoulda been bigger...but im desperate for a win here

I thought the head was small too, but didn't think more of it....that is Osha though...
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    all the wolves are the same age. ghost is half the height of jon. gray winds head was huge on robs body (i miss you homie) HBO aint slick

? im reaching but must believe
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thorne didn't go out like a ? . I actually think he was a good character in the show, maybe even slightly better than in the book. In the book, he's portrayed as more of a snake, like Slynt. In the show, he was just at odds with Jon. They both were standing on their principles. One of them had to go, and I'm glad it was him, but dude wasn't outright wrong for what he did. Jon did legitimately do everything Thorne accused him of.

Just because someone is the leader doesn't mean they have the right to do any and everything they want. For hundreds of years the Night Watch's sole reason for being was to keep the Wildlings from making it into Westeros. Jon basically spat in the face of that. Jon was right of course, but as others have already pointed out, Thorne doesn't know what we know. All he knows is that some young dude fell into a position of power and committed what seemed to be the greatest act of treachery you could commit as a member of the Night's Watch.

This is one of the areas where the book kinda handled it better. Everything Jon did in the show seemed reasonable. I mean he had people with him during the fight against the White Walkers, so they should have been more vocal about what they all were up against. In the book, Jon did a lot more than just bring the Wildlings down South.
    He gave a lot of concessions to the Wildlings and bent a lot of rules like when he gave one of the Wall's castles to a group of women to run. Still, they didn't turn on him until he started making plans to go to war with Renly in order to save Arya, who he thought was at Winterfell.
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Melisandra can bring people back from the dead then surely she can give Bran his legs back no ? There's gotta be a spell for that to heal Bran.

Why would she do that?

? iuno why not *shrugs* ? If they can do what they can they could prolly find some magic to repair his legs. The kid can travel back in time and control thoughts for crying out loud LOLOL

The damn Swiss family Robinson wanna--be Raven would be ? !!! To know that he spent a thousand years living inside of a tree with with all these permanent children....waiting for Bran to come to him so that he could teach him how to fly and finally fulfill some vision....only to to have this wretched old hag Mel come through and have bran like

giphy.gif

#teamLOL would have definitely earned its name if it pulled that off
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the wolves are the same age. ghost is half the height of jon. gray winds head was huge on robs body (i miss you homie) HBO aint slick

And it was black...dark like a basic ass wolf
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoooo I was thinking about the bran ? , IDGAF, Ned heard him. I think Bran can impact the past somehow. So here's my theory it's NOT A SPOILER but I've been on a roll with predictions so I put it in a spoiler just case:
    What if Bran can impact the past and maybe just before Hodor gets hit or whatever Bran yells "Hodor!" and so now that's the only thing he remembers ? They said the mad king was hearing voices and it drove him mad so what if maybe Bran was trying to stop the mad king and the "voices" the mad king is hearing all this time are in fact Bran's ??? Think about it yall !!! Ned Stark heard him in the flashback there's gotta be more to what Bran can do which might be why they old dude keeps telling him about staying too long..

^^^ I'd like the book readers opinion on this too I think I'm on to something

Bran need to be trying to hit up his ? aunt and tell her to leave some letters and break off the marriage to Bobby B before she ? off with another dude. smh. Starks aint ? . Couldve saved everybody the hassle but nope. Stark gonna Stark.
    Pretty sure Ned did hear Bran. It's been a few years since I read the last book or any of the chapters from the next one, but he spoke to either Asha or Theon at one point. It's just that only one word would got through.

Can't agree with Bran driving Aerys crazy though. Had been a few years since I've read up, but I think his mind started going a little after the Ninepenny Kings War. One of his lords locked him up for a year http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Darklyn. Pretty much a wrap after that. Got jealous of Tywin getting shine and might have ? his wife (que Tyrion Targaryen theories), started burning people and hiding. Not trusting anybody, except having Varys around to tell him how he couldn't trust anybody. *shrug* Plus the inbreeding. Sounds like the norm for a Targaryen.
  • King of GA
    Options
    Yoooo I was thinking about the bran ? , IDGAF, Ned heard him. I think Bran can impact the past somehow. So here's my theory it's NOT A SPOILER but I've been on a roll with predictions so I put it in a spoiler just case:
    What if Bran can impact the past and maybe just before Hodor gets hit or whatever Bran yells "Hodor!" and so now that's the only thing he remembers ? They said the mad king was hearing voices and it drove him mad so what if maybe Bran was trying to stop the mad king and the "voices" the mad king is hearing all this time are in fact Bran's ??? Think about it yall !!! Ned Stark heard him in the flashback there's gotta be more to what Bran can do which might be why they old dude keeps telling him about staying too long..

^^^ I'd like the book readers opinion on this too I think I'm on to something
    That's but farfetched...Bran did talk to Reek, aka Theon, through a weirwood tree.

I don't think he influenced Aerys going mad though, and I don't think he'll influence past events even though he probably could. I do think he will figure out that he can directly influence current and future events though.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A random thought, not sure if it has been made.

Why the hell did the Sons of Harpy burn Khaleesi's ships?

They want her to go home so things will go back to status quo like in Astapor and Yunkai, right?

I know it is a simple plot device, but I wonder if it was well-thought out.

Now, Khaleesi and crew are going to stay and exact their revenge on those responsible, unless their adversaries' main objective was to hurt Khaleesi economically by having less ships in general for trading, which I highly doubt.

Seemed to me like a simple act of war. She was never gonna go to Westoros any time soon and now she can't take an army by water to the other cities.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

And it was black...dark like a basic ass wolf

Shaggydog was always black

wz6h05x5sdkk.jpeg
    7kky9ivdd7p8.png
    uaw0v6gtzch4.png
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Ned doing the double take was just part of the natural chain of events

If u didnt have kids and u heard someone yell "Father" would u break stride? Cuz u know damn well they aint talkin to u

Just impeccable timing on Brans part

Amd Meera told him that warging too long he can get stuck, when he was the wolf...thats what Treetop was telling him, on some Insidious ?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    Just read an interesting theory on Rickon...
    In the books there was a plot by some of the great Northern houses to betray the Boltons. Some of those families weren't introduced in the show. The theory is that the Umber's and Rickon are at the center of that plot for the show. Perhaps that's why Smalljohn Umber didn't want to pledge any fealty to Ramsay, because he knows he's going to betray him. Also, that would explain why the head of the "direwolf" was so small. It's not a direwolf at all, but a fake to convince Ramsay and help set up his downfall...

I hope to ? this is true, but... You know they wasn't finna let the Starks go undefeated for a whole episode
  • Juttythe3rd
    edited May 2016
    Options
    i wanna say it be great if those two freed dragons gave zero ? about stormborn and showed love to tyrion
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    ? been playing favorites with her "children"