Huge Debate Erupts After ‘Teacher Bae’ Outfits Criticized As Inappropriate

Options

Comments

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She had like 60K IG followers BEFORE this story? WTF? Is she a teacher by day, IG THOT by night? What regular citizen got 60k IG followers? She's doing too much.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Instead of playing it, I'd be a ? "in Paris.!!"

Word to Hov & Kan yeezy.
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    So Pico can't look good and have a nice vocabulary?? Sexist af.

The delicacies in the hands of a gorgeous woman, can not type such vocabulary... those words, were typed by the hands of a gremlin in drag.

i think i should be insulted................................yup i'm insulted

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »

The delicacies in the hands of a gorgeous woman, can not type such vocabulary... those words, were typed by the hands of a gremlin in drag.

yup u smelling urself

:(
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    I have a few female employees under me who are very shapely and they constantly try me by wearing skin tight ? knowing there's a dress code.

If they wear something too revealing I'll tell them to cut it out and they say ? like "I can't change my body type" but as soon another male starts hitting on them, they run to me crying. Can't have it both ways in the workplace. I also have other female coworkers who always complain to me about it. It's a mix of them being haters but sometimes they're right.

Like others have already said here:

1. She knows what she's doing but..
    2. She is still being professional and...
    3. However sexual you perceive her to be is your problem, not her's...
    4. At the same time, if she wanted to draw less/different attention, she could.

@soul rattler

If you can expound on it........what are they crying about exactly?

Is it blatant sexual harassment........or are the dudes just trying to talk to her?

If it's the latter, then this is one of the main reasons why it's hard for some people to take sexual harassment in the workplace seriously.

Women have all the power now..........and so much of what's perceived as sexual harassment is subjective based on whether or not they like the gentleman who's approaching them.

Man they like: "damn girl, that ass is fat as ? "

Woman: *blushes and giggles*

46yr old fat ? : "Good morning. Nice dress.....looks good on you"

Woman: *reports him to HR*

x5k6bssi34l8.gif

It varies like you said.

One male customer came in, stood at a distance, and took pictures of her. I wasn't there to do anything about it, and obviously if I was, I would have. And at the same time, she CONSTANTLY dresses in a borderline enticing manner i.e. cleavage showing, tight skirts and pants, etc.

I notice when people make mention of my employees' bodies but unless it's overtly ? or disrespectful, as a male, I have to defer to them to decide what they consider the line to be.

Can't lie. ? is hard at times because I don't want to be chauvinistic in terms of being overprotective of their bodies. I can't police everything they wear, nor can I police people's reactions to what they wear.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @instagram

Let's see if you can make that..........."content unavailable."

961wj6o2p8lg.gif

I hate this gif
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    She had like 60K IG followers BEFORE this story? WTF? Is she a teacher by day, IG THOT by night? What regular citizen got 60k IG followers? She's doing too much.

She a bad bish in Atlanta.... lmao @ ? tryna
    Kai wrote: »

U shouldn't be, you're a rare occurrence, that's why you're exceptional. ;)
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »

She's pretty...it's not like it takes much to get dudes to follow a woman on social media other than her being pretty.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @instagram

Let's see if you can make that..........."content unavailable."

961wj6o2p8lg.gif

I hate this gif

@king hassan

More than you hate this?

6kpnfkwjje2u.jpg
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have a few female employees under me who are very shapely and they constantly try me by wearing skin tight ? knowing there's a dress code.

If they wear something too revealing I'll tell them to cut it out and they say ? like "I can't change my body type" but as soon another male starts hitting on them, they run to me crying. Can't have it both ways in the workplace. I also have other female coworkers who always complain to me about it. It's a mix of them being haters but sometimes they're right.

Like others have already said here:

1. She knows what she's doing but..
    2. She is still being professional and...
    3. However sexual you perceive her to be is your problem, not her's...
    4. At the same time, if she wanted to draw less/different attention, she could.

@soul rattler

If you can expound on it........what are they crying about exactly?

Is it blatant sexual harassment........or are the dudes just trying to talk to her?

If it's the latter, then this is one of the main reasons why it's hard for some people to take sexual harassment in the workplace seriously.

Women have all the power now..........and so much of what's perceived as sexual harassment is subjective based on whether or not they like the gentleman who's approaching them.

Man they like: "damn girl, that ass is fat as ? "

Woman: *blushes and giggles*

46yr old fat ? : "Good morning. Nice dress.....looks good on you"

Woman: *reports him to HR*

x5k6bssi34l8.gif

It varies like you said.

One male customer came in, stood at a distance, and took pictures of her. I wasn't there to do anything about it, and obviously if I was, I would have. And at the same time, she CONSTANTLY dresses in a borderline enticing manner i.e. cleavage showing, tight skirts and pants, etc.

I notice when people make mention of my employees' bodies but unless it's overtly ? or disrespectful, as a male, I have to defer to them to decide what they consider the line to be.

Can't lie. ? is hard at times because I don't want to be chauvinistic in terms of being overprotective of their bodies. I can't police everything they wear, nor can I police people's reactions to what they wear.

258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What she has on is fine, there's nothing wrong with it, a lot of teachers wear to work outfits and dresses that are similar in nature... I work in a school and no complaint has been made especially when most of the skin for certain areas are covered
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope that she had the foresight to see this coming, to be in her situation of being attractive, highly educated and a model of inspiration and accomplishment to the young minds of boys and girls of all creeds. So hopefully she has or is the process of being on the board of eduction as well, so that the carpet cant be pulled from underneath her feet. And i'd also, strongly, urge her to stop the social media posting of her body even though she's doing nothing wrong, however, she is always representing her occupation.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    She didn't delete her IG she just made it private

she went from like 60K followers to 124k in one day.. thats overwhelming

I'm not on IG, do you get paid for having followers? Or is having followers a possible business opportunity?

Absolutely. These eye candy ? with several thousand followers get paid for endorsing products like athletes

That and a lot of these Instathots are literally selling ? or the fantasy of them (the exclusive snapchat for example) to these sucker ass ? .
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »

lets me real tho, the one on the right looks like she's built to ? . For whatever reason we sexualize the ? out of women like that. Well its probably biological, she has the wide hip to waist ratio so we naturally drawn to that because of evolution.

tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

@ the bolded.

Amen.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    women are funny
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shes a great lesson
    and example of personal maintenance n pride in your apperannce

That may sound silly, and i understand why lol...but what you teach goes way beyond what you say

Shes inspiring young girls to stay in shape, n do their hair etc, boys too lol...u kno u cant step to that lookin unkempt
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Lol at think Pico really typed that

Yo I laughed out loud at McDonald's reading this
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patrice Brown, aka #TeacherBae, has been reportedly reprimanded by the Atlanta Public School System for her curves attire choices.

Last week, the fourth grade teacher faced a wave of criticism and praise after photos of her work clothes went viral. Some argued her outfits were too tight and, therefore, too inappropriate to wear at an elementary school. Many others defended her choices and suggested her physique was the primary reason why the haters were up in arms.

According to The Root, the APS has come forth to clarify Brown’s role as a paraprofessional within the school system, as well as explain their position on the controversy. Officials told 11Alive that Brown has been "given guidance regarding the APS Employee Dress Code, the use of social media, and Georgia Code of Ethics for educators, and she has been cooperative in addressing her presence on social media."

In an interview published Monday by the Daily Dot, Brown shared her thoughts on the situation and how trivial the concern actually was.

"I just wish they would respect me and focus on the positive and what truly matters—which is educating the children of the future generations and providing and caring for them,” she told the publication.

Brown’s Instagram, which was previously set to private, has returned to public.

this is crazy....
    ? wins again