Huge Debate Erupts After ‘Teacher Bae’ Outfits Criticized As Inappropriate

Options

Comments

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man FOH.

Lets walk around showing off in a professional setting, but focus on the "professional ? " im doing and not on me showing off.

This the ? about powerful broads that ? me.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Patrice Brown, aka #TeacherBae, has been reportedly reprimanded by the Atlanta Public School System for her curves attire choices.

Last week, the fourth grade teacher faced a wave of criticism and praise after photos of her work clothes went viral. Some argued her outfits were too tight and, therefore, too inappropriate to wear at an elementary school. Many others defended her choices and suggested her physique was the primary reason why the haters were up in arms.

According to The Root, the APS has come forth to clarify Brown’s role as a paraprofessional within the school system, as well as explain their position on the controversy. Officials told 11Alive that Brown has been "given guidance regarding the APS Employee Dress Code, the use of social media, and Georgia Code of Ethics for educators, and she has been cooperative in addressing her presence on social media."

In an interview published Monday by the Daily Dot, Brown shared her thoughts on the situation and how trivial the concern actually was.

"I just wish they would respect me and focus on the positive and what truly matters—which is educating the children of the future generations and providing and caring for them,” she told the publication.

Brown’s Instagram, which was previously set to private, has returned to public.

this is crazy....

Lol at getting reprimanded for having a nice figure and caring about your body. Jesus Christ these new age ? ? are killing me
    Patrice Brown, aka #TeacherBae, has been reportedly reprimanded by the Atlanta Public School System for her curves attire choices.

Last week, the fourth grade teacher faced a wave of criticism and praise after photos of her work clothes went viral. Some argued her outfits were too tight and, therefore, too inappropriate to wear at an elementary school. Many others defended her choices and suggested her physique was the primary reason why the haters were up in arms.

According to The Root, the APS has come forth to clarify Brown’s role as a paraprofessional within the school system, as well as explain their position on the controversy. Officials told 11Alive that Brown has been "given guidance regarding the APS Employee Dress Code, the use of social media, and Georgia Code of Ethics for educators, and she has been cooperative in addressing her presence on social media."

In an interview published Monday by the Daily Dot, Brown shared her thoughts on the situation and how trivial the concern actually was.

"I just wish they would respect me and focus on the positive and what truly matters—which is educating the children of the future generations and providing and caring for them,” she told the publication.

this is crazy....

Lol at getting reprimanded for having a nice figure and caring about your body. Jesus Christ these new age ? ? are killing me

don't get it twisted...women were leading the controversy....not everything is ? ' fault
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is crazy....

guarantee no males had anything to do w this.....gotta point the finger at insecure females
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anything they should've told her to stop rocking tight skirts.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna reprimand her for not being in my life
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, she needs to lose some weight.

white boy post. :)
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its wack tho because no matter how my teacher dresses, if I know she got a fat ass, ? and pretty face, I'm still gonna desire her. They act like if she cover up people are suddenly gonna forget she's fine...

Bad ? , pretty girls, beautiful women are a distraction no matter what they wear, thats just a fact of life.

Body con or not, i'd still be waiting for every chance I could to see that ass.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So she's a para eh
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is crazy....

Not that serious.

She only got "reprimanded"..........not suspended or fired.

That carries about as much weight as a censure in Congress.

Basically, all they said is that they don't approve of how she dresses.

They're not dumb enough to do anything more than that because they know it would result in a lawsuit that they'd probably lose.
  • deadeye
    Options
    So she's a para eh

Didn't even notice that.

WTF is a "paraprofessional?"
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

this is crazy....

Not that serious.

They're not dumb enough to do anything more than that because they know it would result in a lawsuit that they'd probably lose.

Imma guess it was less about how she dresses and more about the social media aspect.

She deleted some of her IG posts and switched from public to private... back to public

Watch her get a reality show or some ? outa this
  • deadeye
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

this is crazy....

Not that serious.

Imma guess it was less about how she dresses and more about the social media aspect.

She deleted some of her IG posts and switched from public to private... back to public

Watch her get a reality show or some ? outa this

It's all bogus either way.

Not like she's on instagram twerking in the club or anything.

Should've brought an attorney to whatever meeting took place that resulted in the "reprimand."

Would've loved to have seen the looks on their faces if that happened.

They'd probably fall back real quick.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TeacherBae found herself a 2nd career

fu2tfxmjayt6.png
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol only in amerikkka
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So she's a para eh

Didn't even notice that.

WTF is a "paraprofessional?"

Teacher assistant
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    TeacherBae found herself a 2nd career

fu2tfxmjayt6.png

Can't hate on her at all..
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Wait....all this, and she's only a para? I thought she was running the class. And since when did paras have a dress code anyway?

I'll admit; that's the best looking para I've seen. Most of those females be OLD, washed-up jawns.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @instagram

Let's see if you can make that..........."content unavailable."

961wj6o2p8lg.gif

I hate this gif

@king hassan

More than you hate this?

6kpnfkwjje2u.jpg

Now I'm sad :(
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    women are funny

? hilarious actually, they get mad and upset about a bunch of ? that could easily not effect their life if they simply did not gave a ? , but then get upset when we laugh and think they aint nothing but grown ass children.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

this is crazy....

this is crazy....

don't get it twisted...women were leading the controversy....not everything is ? ' fault

I have yet to meet one heterosexual man who saw a problem with what she had on..... well I do have a problen with her body..... it aint laid up next to mine..... naked...... in my bed.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Attending every PTA meeting.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn man, chicks R they own worst enemy. Besides the Natural competitiveness in women, that other half gotta be rounded out with hate and or jealously. Just can't let another woman live or do her knowing if they had half the body she has they'd do the same dam thing or more. Numbers prove this statement 2 be true. Every chick I know got bedroom, bathroom, in the whip, at work, @ the club pics on their phone. Everyone one of em, all races single or married! Just too fat or lack courage to put it out there tho huh?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options