• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Olynyk is gone

I'm not mad at that.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A true test of Stevens and his ability to make adjustments. Tough loss but if we can get the next one before we hit the road it sets a tone which matters more than a series win. I'm mad af Zeller is getting burn...but it was garbage time.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're not going to win the series regardless but I would like not to get swept, we're going to get killed on the boards regardless to me Amir is useless in this series other than if we get in foul trouble or guys need rest but he doesn't need to start, the best we can do is start Smart and throw him at Bron, Crowder on Love and keep Al in the paint on Tristan, we need his help defense down low and Crowder needs to shadow Love, let Tristan be the one to ? us it won't happen all game, Smart is the best look on Bron regardless of the size matchup and mix Brown in, I don't know why we got away from Rozier who is having a great playoffs let him be the primary ball handler off the bench and keep getting Green involved
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall need a big body to clog the paint and use some fouls. Cavs had the layup line on deck all game
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Andre Drummond
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Let's pay a guy who can't even play in the 4th what 26, 27, and 28 million a year for the next 3 years who is going to make our offense worse, let's do it
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Give us Robin Lopez
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    "ESPN’s Defensive Real Plus-Minus (DRPM) has Drummond ranked No. 20 among centers, behind teammate Aron Baynes and in front of floundering New Orleans backup, Omer Asik. Yes, the single-season DRPM uses noisy box-score data early in a season, but ESPN’s regressive real plus-minus formula is not entirely without merit. But that’s not all that shows Drummond’s defensive shortcomings.

Drummond led the league in rebounds per game last year (14.8), and he’s third this season at 13.5 per contest, but the Pistons actually snatch a higher percentage of defensive boards when he sits: 82.2 percent when he’s off, compared to 79.2 when he’s on, per NBA.com. Not only that, but he’s averaging a career-low in blocks per game (1.2)"

Mid season report but it didn't get any better
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    These dudes need to put the PlayStation controller down
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Marc Gasol is my dream scenario but if the asking price is too high then Robin Lopez would be my second choice but if Bulls decide to roll with Jimmy and Rondo and make a move or two for a playoff run then give Phoenix a bag of skittles for Tyson Chandler and bring over Zizic
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston has no one who can guard lebron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lmTQJjgMKE

Watch this video specifically the 3:16 mark
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Lakers might do something smart and be the ones to trade for Jimmy, then pair him with George
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Doubt it lakers obsessed wit ball(who aint that nice imo) to replace dial up

Rest of the lakers pieces besides ingram & zubac(whatever his name is) are :/
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U sure u want an aging gasol? He's still a great contributor but it's like addin slightly more offensively aggressive horford, more aggressive with his shot but not consistently dominant, great defender, rebounding leaves something to b desired n y'all need rebounding right?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Rebounding averages doesn't necessarily reflect that players rebounding ability, Marc spent a lot of time help defending and boxing out so other players like Zach could clean up on the boards, Kg averaged what 14 in Minny the year before he got traded here then dropped down to 9 when he got here, not because he fell off but because sacrificed stats for defense, we didn't have a double digit rebounder, you have a lot of these good rebounders who tend to hurt their team when they are on the floor, Miami played better without Whiteside, Orlando sucks with Vucevic, Drummond I already posted his trash numbers, Jordan is lucky to be playing with Paul, Greg Monroe sucks, I'm takin Marc over all of them including any other big who might be available, if we draft Fultz and sign Hayward which is best case scenario then a couple good players become expendable like Crowder and some assortment of Bradley/Smart/Rozier, then we got their pick in 19 and maybe Olynyk in a sign andvtrade, but if they want Brooklyns pick and Zizic it ain't happening
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I feel u, I do think monroe Whiteside or vucci could be made better on the Celtics tho
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston has no one who can guard lebron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lmTQJjgMKE

Watch this video specifically the 3:16 mark

Crowder is too slow, smart is too short, jaylen forced him into his toughest looks I'm expecting a better game 2
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marc Gasol is my dream scenario but if the asking price is too high then Robin Lopez would be my second choice but if Bulls decide to roll with Jimmy and Rondo and make a move or two for a playoff run then give Phoenix a bag of skittles for Tyson Chandler and bring over Zizic

I like Gasol, he'd fit here, but he's not leaving Memphis. He had a good season this year, but at 32, he's definitely on the decline. Plus, the Griz don't want our pick this year after what they gave Conley and I'm not sure what else we could offer them.

I'm with you on Lopez tho. He plays tough and would make a difference. However, if I'm Ainge, I'm not sure I'd spend money on a big that isn't KAT, Davis, Cousins, or Gobert. And aside from Cousins (who may or may not destroy team chemistry or get himself locked up off the court), none of them are going anywhere-anytime soon.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

(Nope) wrote: »

I like Gasol, he'd fit here, but he's not leaving Memphis. He had a good season this year, but at 32, he's definitely on the decline. Plus, the Griz don't want our pick this year after what they gave Conley and I'm not sure what else we could offer them.

I'm with you on Lopez tho. He plays tough and would make a difference. However, if I'm Ainge, I'm not sure I'd spend money on a big that isn't KAT, Davis, Cousins, or Gobert. And aside from Cousins (who may or may not destroy team chemistry or get himself locked up off the court), none of them are going anywhere-anytime soon.

See you're not following me and most of that didn't make sense, I understand Gasol isn't getting any better but he's still playing at a high level and he's not a guy who relies on athleticism to be effective he'll be good through the life of his contract, he'll be a great fit not only with Al and IT and help us contend in the short term but also helping our young players develop, It's not his choice if Memphis decides to move on from him if the deal is enticing enough, and both him and Lopez are on very serviceable contracts until 2019, you're going to have to elaborate on the bolded, especially the first part of you're talking about the Brooklyn pick I never said give that up for him but you don't think Memphis would take because they paid Conley?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Memphis gotta get younger eventually all of their core is 30+ so I'm warming up to the idea of getting gasol but not for the 18 pick. I think a team over pays for olynyk so we're gonna need to get 2 big men to replace him and amir
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I wouldn't mind Vucevic either, Orlando doesn't seem to ask for much in trades, they wanted Rozier for Ibaka he might have to go though
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    200.gif?response_id=591fac442abb4e07a8e9e1aa#83-grid1

Could be worse, our future could be a poor mans Tayshaun Prince

2cdc9131bf7b6506244e03f834dbcd05-original.jpg

Yikes