The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    We took back the division, took back the conference, ecf appearance, 1st pick, how can I be mad when you got teams out here building around anorexic players with long arms, big picture that was a successful season we reached our ceiling and at the same time exceeded a lot of expectations, we deserve a round of applause

Y'all don't deserve ? . The Titantic division was once again ass this year, and y'all only got to the EC Finals cause Rondo went down. The Bulls was handing out labor papers all day in G1 and 2. Y'all get the nod for knocking off the Wiz, but that's all I'm handing out.

Word, i thought Washington was in the semi finals not the bulls. And there was no lock that the bulls w rondo were going to win out the series..it's Rajon Rondo man....yes the Cs look horrible those first two games, but ? . Teams do end up making adjustments...
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    If Kevin Durant ain't a ? ... He's gonna have y'all eatin them words.

Legacy Defining Series.
    Half a Decade of Talk that he's Lebron's ? .
    Opportunity for Revenge.
    Dude ain't been to the Finals since he was in diapers

Y'all sleepin on that man.

Really ? Come on b...Durant wasn't in no diapers he just lost

Oh word?

He wasn't literally an infant???

You don't say.

He's a better and more mature player than we was 5 Years ago; playing In his first Finals at age 23.

Do you do disagree with that - Or just the notion that KD was born in 2012?

I disagree Durant was the 2nd best player in the league then. Saying he was an infant is a flick way to discredit the heats win like in boxing when they say in canelo was green when Floyd beat him .... had they won u wouldn't say that.

You're talking with your emotions.

Take the narratives out - They have nothing to do with it.

- Do NBA Stars grow from playoff losses early in their career?

- Do you honestly think KD is the same player mentally and skill-wise that he was 5 Years ago?

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KD is not nice - That ? Greenwood

But I'm liking KD more and more
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

He's a better and more mature player than we was 5 Years ago; playing In his first Finals at age 23.

I disagree Durant was the 2nd best player in the league then. Saying he was an infant is a flick way to discredit the heats win like in boxing when they say in canelo was green when Floyd beat him .... had they won u wouldn't say that.

- Do you honestly think KD is the same player mentally and skill-wise that he was 5 Years ago?

I callin ghiw I see it. Durant was in the league what 5 years? Was Bron a baby or infant when he lost to Duncan in 07? It too many convient excuses for Brons contemporatries that he doesnt get. U had Durant Harden Westbrook Ibaka all on the same team and u saying he was a infant. Had they won that series none of that would be said. I dont agree with that. He was too infanty to claim the accolades of being the best scorer in the league. He won the MVP what a year and a half later? Was he an infant then?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for this series:

I picked the Cavs in 6, but I'm cautious as a muhfucka. THIS all depends on Kevin Love. We know what Kyree and Bron can do, but can Love actually contribute to the inside game is the real question for me. For Cleveland to win, he is going to have to beat the ? out GS on the boards, and with everyone else so preoccupied with Bron, the Dubs really don't two big dudes that can check both Love AND TT at the same time.

If Love can play like he did vs. Boston against GS, I'll give the Cavs the edge. The Cavs D is ? , we all know that, so the main plan for Lue is to get the ball in the post early and often to foul Dray and Iggy out. Steph and especially Klay can't function right without those two on the floor, and no one really gives a ? about McGee being a threat. That's why I said Frye should've gotten more minutes in the EC Finals. Yeah, it's nice to have 8 out of 10 rosters spots for shooters, but Cleveland needs to understand that if they try to go three-for-three with them dudes, that ? 's a wrap, and they'll get 140 dropped on them every night. They need to start big, pound the GS front court down, then go to small ball when Dray is out.

Also, telling Bron and Kyree to ? that hero ball ? and start having people actually MOVE in half-court sets won't hurt either. That ? is tough to watch as a regular basketball fan.

I disagree.Whatever love does on offense will be nullified on defense he's gonna get exploited defensively.

Last year gs was moppin the floor wit the cavs until love missed game 3 and the cavs went small wit jefferson.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It was a miracle when Cleveland came back from 3-1 last year. It's gonna take Death himself coming for KD and Curry for Cleveland to win this. GS in 5.

There is only one basketball. Plus last I checked KD has to defend LeBron and Curry got to guard Kyrie. I still think Clevelands size will be the difference. McGee nor Zaza keeping Love or Thompson off them boards.

Out of 16 playoff teams GS ranked 2nd in postseason rebounds per game. Cleveland 10th.
    2 GS opponents ranked top 5. SA 3rd, Portland 5th. Indy, Cle's highest opponent was 10th.

Drop another alternative fact.

SA averaged 87 shots per game. Portland averaged 89 shots per game. IND shot 87 shots per game. GS averages 85 shots.

Bos averaged 84, and Toronto 79 shots per game. Cleveland averages 80 shots.

It makes sense that if teams shoot the ball less, there's gonna be less rebounds available.

Regular season GS 7th. Cle 12th

Move the goalpost again.

See I respect MallyG for just saying he riding with Bron because he riding with Bron. I respect honesty.

Ironically the only ? making up hot takes and false narratives are you no team LeBron is king where he go I go ? .

Just be real and say I expect a bunch of outlier things to happen and Cleveland wins. Because that would be accurate, instead of embarrassing yourself with fake takes.

Talking about fake takes lol...? nothing you said has anything to do with your original post.
    You posting playoff rebounding numbers like you really was saying something.

Pace of play determines how many rebounds are available. If two teams are putting up 90 shots a piece, let's be generous and say they both shoot 50 percent, that's 90 rebounds up for grabs. In contrast two teams put up 80 shots a piece, in the same circumstance there's gonna be 10 less rebounds available.

You added all of that other ? that has nothing to do with your original post ( typical strawman, and appeal to emotions weak argument ? lol you would be a terrible lawyer) to try and save face. Lol ? gonna go pull up regular season rebounding like pace of play doesn't factor into that either lmao. It's not by coincidence that the teams with low shot attempts are at the bottom for rebounds.

? titangraphs ain't gonna make you sound smarter than you are. You're talking in circles. With zero facts. Just more dickeating.

I pointed out that GS is the better rebounding team. They are. Head to head this season GS is +21 in rebounds to the Cavs. Put a spin on that.

Facts are you and usmarine posting a bunch of ? trying to masquerade Bron dickridery. We got the drop on you, I know what it is.

Csdl is that way.

q6bmvr6m5tlr.gif

Bruh!!! Lmaooooo! Your arguments be SUPERRR weak. The first thing you said is GS played 2 top 5 playoff rebounding teams, and I gave you facts. The reason those teams got those numbers is because they played in series with more FG's taken, so there were more boards available. You been dancing around it ever since.

Lol just look at you ? , you gotta resort to bunching stats from two regular season games to support your argument. Like that rebounding disparity didn't all come from one blowout game.

Cleveland won the rebounding battle in the first game and, GS the second. You know damn well that +21 came from the bench in a game that was over at the half lololol....get smarter dumb ? .

How to debate like BDBIID:

1. Throw out basic facts in an argument .

2. If somebody challenges the validity of those "facts", bring up non-related information to change the argument.

3. Say a bunch of funny ? , never address the original argument, and add a meme.

• Peace_79
    edited May 2017
    Options

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

I callin ghiw I see it. Durant was in the league what 5 years? Was Bron a baby or infant when he lost to Duncan in 07? It too many convient excuses for Brons contemporatries that he doesnt get. U had Durant Harden Westbrook Ibaka all on the same team and u saying he was a infant. Had they won that series none of that would be said. I dont agree with that. He was too infanty to claim the accolades of being the best scorer in the league. He won the MVP what a year and a half later? Was he an infant then?

^^^ More narratives ...

Id just like know the answer to my original question -

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

Do you honestly think KD is the same player mentally and skill-wise that he was 5 Years ago?

• aneed123
    Options

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

^^^ More narratives ...

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

Do you honestly think KD is the same player mentally and skill-wise that he was 5 Years ago?

Yes he is.... he the same jump shooting 7 footer... just on a better team
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for this series:

I picked the Cavs in 6, but I'm cautious as a muhfucka. THIS all depends on Kevin Love. We know what Kyree and Bron can do, but can Love actually contribute to the inside game is the real question for me. For Cleveland to win, he is going to have to beat the ? out GS on the boards, and with everyone else so preoccupied with Bron, the Dubs really don't two big dudes that can check both Love AND TT at the same time.

If Love can play like he did vs. Boston against GS, I'll give the Cavs the edge. The Cavs D is ? , we all know that, so the main plan for Lue is to get the ball in the post early and often to foul Dray and Iggy out. Steph and especially Klay can't function right without those two on the floor, and no one really gives a ? about McGee being a threat. That's why I said Frye should've gotten more minutes in the EC Finals. Yeah, it's nice to have 8 out of 10 rosters spots for shooters, but Cleveland needs to understand that if they try to go three-for-three with them dudes, that ? 's a wrap, and they'll get 140 dropped on them every night. They need to start big, pound the GS front court down, then go to small ball when Dray is out.

Also, telling Bron and Kyree to ? that hero ball ? and start having people actually MOVE in half-court sets won't hurt either. That ? is tough to watch as a regular basketball fan.

I disagree.Whatever love does on offense will be nullified on defense he's gonna get exploited defensively.

Last year gs was moppin the floor wit the cavs until love missed game 3 and the cavs went small wit jefferson.

Not so. Go to Game 7. That was the only game were Love actually did ? , and he was able to dominate them inside.
  • Peace_79
    Options

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

^^^ More narratives ...

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

Lol.

So you don't think players get better or more mature.

You either trolling or you're an idiot. Cool.
  • aneed123
    Options

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

^^^ More narratives ...

Legacy Defining Series.
    Opportunity for Revenge.

Oh word?

You don't say.

Lol.

So you don't think players get better or more mature.

You either trolling or you're an idiot. Cool.

lol naw my opinion is just different than yours.. U calling me a idiot lol get out ur feelings b.... My opinion of Durant has been the same on here since jump the black dirk jumpshooting 7 footer....who has had excuses made for him and other players scapegoated for him losing.... like how u just did calling him an infant smh.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So these 2 teams went 24-1 in the playoffs and some think this league isn't watered down and all-time weak.

• Peace_79
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My ? - NO ONE is scapegoating for him losing.

You just made that narrative up out of nowhere...

They shouldn't have lost that Finals with 3 HOF players/ Future MVP candidates. No excuse for them choking; especially Durant being the best out of the 3.

But I am also not going to just pretend they weren't younger immature players ... that's not being objective.

The point I made is hat Durant is a better, more mature player than he was at 23.

Just like - Mike
    Just like Lebron,
    Just like Kobe,
    Just like (Insert Star Player) etc.

If you don't think players get better in the NBA from early in their career - that's what makes you an idiot.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESPN ain't ? for trying to hype this up as the greatest rivalry of all-time:

Lakers/Celtics

Lakers/Sixers

Celtics/Sixers

Lakers/Spurs

Knicks/Pacers

All better for the NBA. Hell, I'd even say the Lakers/Kings or Knicks/Heat rivalries had more impact.
  • aneed123
    Options
    My ? - NO ONE is scapegoating for him losing.

You just made that narrative up out of nowhere...

They shouldn't have lost that Finals with 3 HOF players/ Future MVP candidates. No excuse for them choking; especially Durant being the best out of the 3.

But I am also not going to just pretend they weren't younger immature players ... that's not being objective.

The point I made is hat Durant is a better, more mature player than he was at 23.

Just like - Mike
    Just like Lebron,
    Just like Kobe,
    Just like (Insert Star Player) etc.

If you don't think players get better in the NBA from early in their career - that's what makes you an idiot.

You said the bolded as a way to defend him losing that Finals period. If not u wouldnt have brought it up... I countered with ? he aint no infant ? they just lost.... U been posting paragraphs of ? talking bout fake narratives... aint nobody got time for all that.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL cmon aneed , KD has gotten wayyyy better defensively from 5 years ago
  • aneed123
    Options

I was so heated watching that ? . After Divac had a break away layup to ice the game the refs just said no and called a foul... I knew he would miss his free throws.... Then Horry hit that ? lol
  • aneed123
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    LOL cmon aneed , KD has gotten wayyyy better defensively from 5 years ago

That cuz of effort... He trying harder on a better team. U got Klay Iggy and Green who are great defenders KD just coming in cleaning up getting blocks.... He coulda did this in OKC (maybe they beat Miami and Golden st while up 3-1) but he was lazy and wanted Deolosha and Stoneface Roberson to play defense while he watched
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol and we still have 6 days till game 1 :s

These guys need teams
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol and we still have 6 days till game 1 :s

lol y'all can't go a day without watching the NBA? It's the weekend!!