4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    ? come in this forum every time a new album is released by a rapper looking for illegal links but wanna complain when a rapper finds a way to try and balance out the bootlegging if you ? don't quit it

? shut all that ? down.. Lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? come in this forum every time a new album is released by a rapper looking for illegal links but wanna complain when a rapper finds a way to try and balance out the bootlegging if you ? don't quit it

? , whose complaining. Everybody is trying to game the system. It is what it is. But it's ? stupid to equate Sprint buying copies and giving them away for free to people buying them themselves. A RIAA certification is supposed to give an idea of how popular an album is. It doesn't mean anything, people aren't actually buying the album. That goes for anybody, not just Jay.

Ya'll ? stay dickriding. If this is somehow a smart business move and you want to give Jay props for it, fine, do that. But to say a company buying albums and giving them away is fundamentally the same as people choosing to buy an album themselves is ? .
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol platinum or wood I don't care good music is good music

Like any royalties from album sales will go to anyone on here
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Close to 1M people downloaded 444 illegally within the first week. The demand was there. Jay was going platinum it was just a matter of when

Which is why having a company buy 1 million units is a ? ? thing to do. This ? Hov want us to support black enterprise and he is cooking the books like enron or bernie madoff which makes him no better than corrupt white businessmen.

The other issue is due to this cheating he got to not drop the ? legally on i tunes and in stores and only have it on tidal but still get a plaque without earning the fans who would have and will still buy the actual album for the retail price. And the ? would still go plat in 1 to 2 weeks if he allowed ? to legally buy it outside of tidal.

I see we back to chatting about white people accolades.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    "No you're not on my level, get your breaks tweaked, I sold what your whole album sold in my first week"

Almost 20 years later and Hov still making y'all mad
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    50 still out here pushing white supremacy by any means necessary. He's like those shoe shuffling uncle Toms who hated on Malcolm and Martin.
    Marcy me, street's is my artery.. Bane of my existence I'm the Gotham City's Harvey.. Hov's flow on that track was ? impeccable
    Fixed for comic heads
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

when you put it like this i can't complain, i didn't complain from jump but still was wondering how dude went plat without selling a single lp but hey it's hov

I wasn't surprised he went plat, every where I went to last weekend everybody was talking about the album from the young generation to the old heads and I live in DC.
    Hov can easily go plat off the strength of New York market alone.

This is why he's 10 steps above his peers, everybody knows people are not buying music like they used to, the man found a legit way to sell his music, I mean we should be applauding him for convincing these companies to be buying his music, from Samsung last time to sprint now."I sold water to a well"
    Master p applauded him last time for breaking that ground you should do the same too.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Lol platinum or wood I don't care good music is good music

Like any royalties from album sales will go to anyone on here

exactly ? invested like they are getting returns.. appreciate the music..

someone had this is their sig.. a while back and it resonated... its not a competition its a contribution.. when you make legit music... its that.. and should be appreciated as such
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "This album is a classic because Sprint bought 1 million records" @GetoBoy lmao

Also there is 0 proof Birdman bought millions of records. And seeing how cheap he is i doubt he bought that many records. There is 100% proof Jay had companies wholsale buy 1 million records for users and didn't charge the users anything. That is fraud.

So a million is only a million if a million DIFFERENT ppl buy it??? So what weights more a thousand pounds of coins or a thousand pounds of feathers???? Once you get that you'll get how silly you sound

This how backwards ? sound companies are buying his albums and giving em to customers and you complaining becuz he not making us go out and buy em ourselves??? If the company buys a million and burns em or a million ppl buy em and play em everyday how does that change a million being sold??? Clearly math isn't your thing lol

It changes it because a sprint customer doesn't pay any more per month to get a free download of an album. It manipulates the numbers. By that logic every ? who legally buys a CD and burns a few copies/gives a friend the album on a usb should go toward an artists album count. Same with every illegal download on the internet that should count toward album sales.

The reason album streams have to be at high levels to equal one album unit was created for this purpose. So that someone who passively streams a bunch of albums per month for just 9.99 only contributes so much per sales week toward the album count of an artist.

Also this method of corporations buying 1million albums to get people to go plat only encourages people to release the album through 1 streaming source and have a company still get them to plat for their records. It is cheap and cheating no matter how you add up the numbers.

Who else has the power to and been able to do it besides Jay??? ? acting like Sprint just gonna start buying everybody albums ? was crying this same ? last time with MCHG that now everybody gonna do this and still the only one who been able to do it is Jay that should tell you something

? complaining about artist who been getting fleeced outta sales forever becuz they fleecing back..... Rappers albums been getting bootlegged since forever but you complaining becuz they finding ways to get sum of them numbers back???? Knock it off

People illegally download movies heavily but hbo doesn't pay for 1 million digital copies of Moonlight. What jay did is unethical for both this and magna carta. Yes people always have bootlegged music but goat artists like jay never had a problem going plat because of the large fanbase. Fighting piracy with conspiracy of a business to buy 1 mllion units doesn't make what jay did is right.

And ri ght now Jay is the only one who has done this. However this could be a bigger trend even with apple music and drake ( i would critisize this) or hell beyonce if she really wanted to cheat had to power and money to do the same. But since Beyonce doesn't cheat like her man she actually let the streams and i tunes sales count toward her plaque.
  • Listencloser
    edited July 2017
    Options

Also there is 0 proof Birdman bought millions of records. And seeing how cheap he is i doubt he bought that many records. There is 100% proof Jay had companies wholsale buy 1 million records for users and didn't charge the users anything. That is fraud.

So a million is only a million if a million DIFFERENT ppl buy it??? So what weights more a thousand pounds of coins or a thousand pounds of feathers???? Once you get that you'll get how silly you sound

This how backwards ? sound companies are buying his albums and giving em to customers and you complaining becuz he not making us go out and buy em ourselves??? If the company buys a million and burns em or a million ppl buy em and play em everyday how does that change a million being sold??? Clearly math isn't your thing lol

It changes it because a sprint customer doesn't pay any more per month to get a free download of an album. It manipulates the numbers. By that logic every ? who legally buys a CD and burns a few copies/gives a friend the album on a usb should go toward an artists album count. Same with every illegal download on the internet that should count toward album sales.

The reason album streams have to be at high levels to equal one album unit was created for this purpose. So that someone who passively streams a bunch of albums per month for just 9.99 only contributes so much per sales week toward the album count of an artist.

Also this method of corporations buying 1million albums to get people to go plat only encourages people to release the album through 1 streaming source and have a company still get them to plat for their records. It is cheap and cheating no matter how you add up the numbers.

Who else has the power to and been able to do it besides Jay??? ? acting like Sprint just gonna start buying everybody albums ? was crying this same ? last time with MCHG that now everybody gonna do this and still the only one who been able to do it is Jay that should tell you something

? complaining about artist who been getting fleeced outta sales forever becuz they fleecing back..... Rappers albums been getting bootlegged since forever but you complaining becuz they finding ways to get sum of them numbers back???? Knock it off

People illegally download movies heavily but hbo doesn't pay for 1 million digital copies of Moonlight. What jay did is unethical for both this and magna carta. Yes people always have bootlegged music but goat artists like jay never had a problem going plat because of the large fanbase. Fighting piracy with conspiracy of a business to buy 1 mllion units doesn't make what jay did is right.

And ri ght now Jay is the only one who has done this. However this could be a bigger trend even with apple music and drake ( i would critisize this) or hell beyonce if she really wanted to cheat had to power and money to do the same. But since Beyonce doesn't cheat like her man she actually let the streams and i tunes sales count toward her plaque.

Two quotes for you:

“? you, pay me! Now it’s ? paying me, I pay you”

“We merrily merrily eating off these streams”
  • Listencloser
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Jay Z doesn’t need to be payed royalties for unit sales. I doubt he will tour the album other than select big venues and awards. This project brings prestige and increased membership to his joint ventures with Tidal and Sprint. You are stuck on an old model of measuring success. Let it go.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 still out here pushing white supremacy by any means necessary. He's like those shoe shuffling uncle Toms who hated on Malcolm and Martin.
    Marcy me, street's is my artery.. Bane of my existence I'm the Gotham City's Harvey.. Hov's flow on that track was ? impeccable
    Fixed for comic heads

But thats not what he says. I thought he said bane and harvey too until i listened closer.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That analogy was wrong on so many levels it made everything you said just off.... In the end ? bootleg his ? so he found a way to get his through the bootlegging if you have a problem with that you really need to look in the mirror becuz that's sad..... ? called it a conspiracy do you know what that word means becuz between your analogy and miss use of that word you really should just stop it
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? would be more satisfied if Jay dropped the album every where and it sold 700,000 but was illegally downloaded another million times becuz then even tho he was cheated out of numbers that's the right way to do it.... Boi you ? are something else basically yeah don't want artist to be on a even playing field with the bootleggers y'all want them fighting with one hand behind their backs becuz some how to you that equals a fair fight...... FOH new rules ? lol
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this even a conversation. Jay gonna do 500k and probably way more 600-700k in his first week with streams. This the first album he has released in the stream era.