dumb People on the reason

Options

Comments

• juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You were paying more. But still only 2.5 million people bought it.

Reasonable Doubt sold just more than 1.5 million as of today. Its still what it sold, you are cutting down what Jigga has done to just a year or two? I mean what he has done now dont count since Pac died? I missed that memo

Vol. 2 sold 5.3 million copies... And I could have swore that your certification is based on how many units shipped not sold. And to be honest BP2 was wack minus a few songs.

But on the same note pac's first album 2pacalypse Now is still sitting at gold..... And most of his record sales came after his death. His greatest hits album sold like 8 mill.

not it's not it's platinum same and as far as his sales coming after his death that isn't factual his first album went gold 2nd album went plat same with his third album me against the world and all eyez on me went to sell like 6.5 million records
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and actually if you do the research you will see that AEOM was counted as 1 album 1 sale because it was one of the first double CDs in music and the 1st in rap, it was later double CD releases that record labels became slick and negotiated to be counted as 2 for each single sale. SO the argument premise for anyone with the smallest inkling of research under their belt is is a moot one as it is not factually supported...

interesting that makes it even better than i thought
  • JayEyeTheKing
    JayEyeTheKing Members Posts: 523
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CTFU this thread starter is talkin about dumb people.. yah spelling the worst Ive seen in days
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    stop sayin ? like tupac was a lyricist
    if it wasn't for his persona, image, message, and backstory ? would not be sayin that ?
    that ? was lackluster as a muhfucka
    ? think he was bein too real for radio when he dropped diss songs with ? names in them
    hell naw
    he ain't know how to allude to ?
    ? had to be basic and straight forward cuz he ain't know no other way
    somebody prove me wrong and post some of his earlier, more lyrical work
    wiz khalifa's early ? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tupac's "lyrical" prowess
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Shots fired?

Psherm Psherm Everybody gon' die

kevin-hart-o.gif
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    stop sayin ? like tupac was a lyricist
    if it wasn't for his persona, image, message, and backstory ? would not be sayin that ?
    that ? was lackluster as a muhfucka
    ? think he was bein too real for radio when he dropped diss songs with ? names in them
    hell naw
    he ain't know how to allude to ?
    ? had to basic and straight forward cuz he ain't know no other way
    somebody prove me wrong and post some of his earlier, more lyrical work
    wiz khalifa's early ? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tupac's "lyrical" prowess

nah man he sold hella records and he could feel what he was saying you hating. He sold more than ya favorite rapper and got shot more times too. He wore a Queen nefertiti Chain and he made three songs talking about the plight of

the black community he the undisputed goat . It don't matter that he wasn't the best lyricist and just a ? starter cause i love his thug image that he made up
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nah man he sold hella records and he could feel what he was saying you hating. He sold more than ya favorite rapper and got shot more times too. He wore a Queen nefertiti Chain and he made three songs talking about the plight of

the black community he the undisputed goat . It don't matter that he wasn't the best lyricist and just a ? starter cause i love his thug image that he made up

i'm convinced
    say no more
  • Ya Girl
    Ya Girl Members Posts: 85
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The numbers matter to the artist. The music matters to me.
    I don't care about a formula of lyricism. I'm interested in whatever intrigues me, whatever my ears like, whatever my soul connects to and that's authentic.
  • thesynthesis
    edited March 2011
    Options
    end of the day pac is the biggest selling black rapper of all times and adored by minorities across the world as well as the white western world

he made great songs which reached the masses

if jay had wrote keep ya head up, or dear mamma i'm sure he'd be gettin the same luv

it nas had wrote me against the world or shed so many tears i'm sure he'd be gettin the same luv

songs make u famous, pac has far to many hits ranging from club anthems to gangsta ? to songs for the ? to conscious ? to heartfelt ? ?

being diverse is always going to push u to the fore front and give u more of a chance to appeal to everyone....

timeless songs will make u a legend forever

if a ? just rappin about hoes then he aint gonna appeal to everyone...same way if a ? just rappin about money he aint gonna appeal to everyone...pac hit all topic, thus is why ? say he was contradictory, but thats what got him a huge fanbase and wider appeal....

i see kanye doin it rite now....
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol delusional stans.....
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Naw bruh, he's supposed to feel that way, Tupac would have felt the same way about him.

Working in the studio has taught me many things and one thing I learned is that rappers "rap" for certain people..

Some rappers rap for the E-geeks, lyric-junkies and multi-counters so they tend to use dictionary words, extended metaphors, and triple entrendes...they cater their music to their audience.

Some rappers rap for the streets, hustlers, players, and bangers and they rap in the language of the streets in ways that the streets can easily digest their message... they cater their music to their audience.

You cant expect a white kid from South Dakota to understand Tupac the same way a black kid from L.A. would understand Tupac.
    ..and you cant expect Tupac to cater his music for that white kid in Dakota, Tupac is rapping for that Black kid in L.A.

The only true way to gauge a rappers lyrical skills is in his ability to move the listener, and entertain, educate, and communicate with them through the music.
    LOL, I already know were you going with this.

I was speaking on this dynamic yesterday and I came to the conclusion that peoples musical taste is based on about 500 different factors that range from I.Q., and cultural background, to your geographical location. There are sociological factors as well.

There is a valid reason why people back East love Biggie, he is a part of their culture; the slang, speech-patterns, mannerisms, style and uniqueness of NY street culture make it easy for people who share those specific factors to relate to him and his music.

The same thing exists with Emenim, of course he can sells 3 million he's white and white people can relate to him and his music.

I said all that to say this
    : I cant really get upset with people that dont like Tupac or Biggie's music because Tupac and Biggie probably didnt make their music for that type of person.

^^^^^^^^^^Last quote sound like something a white boy would say.
  • KidLife10200
    KidLife10200 Members Posts: 1,075
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    See there u go.. Cant bring in a argument so they start dissin other rappers. On the real, that line wasn't ? .

How the ? wasn't that ? ? ? just said his ? ? kids in the ass.

Or are you gonna tell me this is some dope double entendre or subliminal?
  • KidLife10200
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol this ? said 2Pacalypse is still gold lmao.
  • frozenheartwjlb
    frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
    edited March 2011
    Options

Look it up. He has sold 710,000 copies of that album.. Making it certified gold. And his AEOM was not the first double album ever to dude that stated that. It has to date sold 10.2 million copies w.w.. But is sitting at 5.1 million copies purchased. Pac stans are a waste of time to argue with lol
  • frozenheartwjlb
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So I will stand corrected on the total sales of AEOM. However, it seems like you die hard fans had it ? up also lol.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea 2pacalypse Now is gold my mans
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

It is still Gold
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    smh at this 17 year old white boy that was a year old when pac died in here trying to dispute that he is a lyricist ......

this is what I mean when I say u gotta keep a foot on some of these posters throats .....

dude is in here talking numbers when pac has sold more records than any mc on the planet .....

dude doesnt feel pacs music because he is to busy thinking about multi's ryhme patterns and cadence instead of letting the music come to him .....

the boy has a frozenheart he doesnt feel the music .....
  • frozenheartwjlb
    edited March 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    smh at this 17 year old white boy that was a year old when pac died in here trying to dispute that he is a lyricist ......

this is what I mean when I say u gotta keep a foot on some of these posters throats .....

dude is in here talking numbers when pac has sold more records than any mc on the planet .....

dude doesnt feel pacs music because he is to busy thinking about multi's ryhme patterns and cadence instead of letting the music come to him .....

Corny post lol. Damn that was like a ? ass movie line bro. And I am pretty sure Eminem is the highest selling artist in rap. And if you went through the whole thread you would understand the convo. My first post was saying I do enjoy Pac. I own every album alive or dead. Its a matter of lyrics, he had the heart in it, but he was not a lyricist. So go back read the thread, and then come at me with some real ? . And actually participate in the thread. And not I am not 17 lol smh.
  • KidLife10200
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Look it up. He has sold 710,000 copies of that album.. Making it certified gold. And his AEOM was not the first double album ever to dude that stated that. It has to date sold 10.2 million copies w.w.. But is sitting at 5.1 million copies purchased. Pac stans are a waste of time to argue with lol
    shenco wrote: »
    Yea 2pacalypse Now is gold my mans
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    It is still Gold

Um whatever...but Pac still >>>> Your favorite rapper
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

We have been here a thousand times....who did Pac make music for him or us?
  • frozenheartwjlb
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We have been here a thousand times....who did Pac make music for him or us?

I can appreciate pac. but he is not a lyricist
  • yaboytheflashh
    yaboytheflashh Members Posts: 549
    edited March 2011
    Options
    FOREVER92 wrote: »
    who think lyracism is all about multi's and rhyme schemes
    eat a ? for real

pac wasnt known for none of those and he's still the best lyracist the game ever seen ?
    am i wrong am i write

biggie didnt do any of that
    but he still told a ? story like no body else

some people on the reason, who keep sayen multis blahh blahh blahh
    eat a ? for real

i dont care how many sylabols a rapper rhymes,
    simple- and heart felt over complex and over the head rhyming flat out

real rap come from the heart
    no body care about how many words you can rhyme in a bar that ? dont matter if you cant get your point across
    The nerve of you callin anybody dumb

hahahaha *dead*

nahh but for real though, they may not matter to you, but complex rhyme schemes can be impressive.
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

man eat a dikk
  • thesynthesis
    edited March 2011
    Options

dude didnt say it was the first double album

it however was one of the first double cd's,,,solo rap double album and was counted as one sale instead of two untill the laws were changed on double cd's...

they haven't rectified AEOM for years, so its sold a hell of a lot more.....bp2 dosnt even come close...

ww or in the us

talking album sales and pac is ike talkin jordan and basketball....its a convo you cant win
This discussion has been closed.