Yeshua aka Jesus The Christ Son of ? discussion thread...

Options

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The whites in that time period were the Romans and Greeks, I think everyone else was of that Afro-Asianistic decent
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Good to see everyone back, where's TxMade? Anyway, good topic...
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    I could of sworn Jesus' name during that time was Yeshua ben Yosef

Thats what Ras Kass said...It would be Yeshua in Hebrew, Yeshua ben Yosef means son of Joseph so that could be true. But the New Testament is in Greek and you dont find that translation in there...At least I dont believe so.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thats what Ras Kass said...It would be Yeshua in Hebrew, Yeshua ben Yosef means son of Joseph so that could be true. But the New Testament is in Greek and you dont find that translation in there...At least I dont believe so.

I'll have to look that up about the translations, I know a lot of ppl don't realize that Yeshua and those around him spoke Aramaic and therefore even the translations from that to Kione Greek may have some things missing
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'll have to look that up about the translations, I know a lot of ppl don't realize that Yeshua and those around him spoke Aramaic and therefore even the translations from that to Kione Greek may have some things missing

True...thats why I have a hard time taking any of what is said in the bible at face value.
  • blue falcon
    blue falcon Members Posts: 128
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well i dont do the bible or any religion at all but jesus was black if he was real. if you go back in jesus's family tree you'll see he was related to ham the same one who was cursed to be black. then you have to look at a couple of things the bible will never discuss is that the first people on earth were/is black so that would mean ? (i dont believe in ? ) has to be black.

i also read the scriptures that you put out about being bright or light and someone said no person can shine and i disagree. black people can shine bright like the sun. let me explain. have you ever seen blacks from nubia (africa) so black they blue or purple? i know you have so let me go deeper. when you see a flame, usually at the bottom it's the color blue, then in the middle its purple and at top it burns white hot. well you can use this same equation or theory i have to black people. once a person gets so dark they can shine white hot meaning knowledge, wisdom, soul, spirt, and body are one. hence the sun burns white hot and if you look at the sun its actually black. so if you get black enough you can burn bright or white hot like the sun

The only reason Jesus was related to Ham is because Has was one of the three sons of Noah, the other two being Shem and Japeth.

BUT the Shemites (semetic peoples) which is the line that the Israelites and subsequently Jesus came through NOT the Hamites. And Ham wasn't cursed Canan was.

The image of Jesus shining is NOT Him on earth. I don't understand why people will simply not let this go. Jesus in Revelation is him in his glorified state NOT in His human body.
  • blue falcon
    blue falcon Members Posts: 128
    edited January 2010
    Options

People spoke aramaic but they wrote Koine Greek. Which is why the septuiagent was written.
  • rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And again you are forgetting that by this time Rome and Greece had taken over. Egypt had white pharoahs for 400 years. So no simply because they were Egyptians doesn't make them black. Paul was also mistaken for a greek ? (correction when I said roman earlier) and if you've ever seen statues of Greek Gods they are most definately not black.

Them having white Pharoah'z 4 400 yearz, iz NOT true it waz less than that, and they were not referred 2 az "Pharoah'z, plus, just becauze the Greek/Roman rulerz were white, does NOT mean people would think Egyptian'z were white, thiz IZ modern FALSE anologies.
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The only 2 times I can remember off top is when Paul was mistaken for an egyptian but at this time in history Greek and Roman armies had conquered egypt and had white greek rulers for over 400 years. And Moses who wasn't necessarily mistaken for an egyptian but it was said that he was taken to Pharoah's daughter for a son. That only means he was adopted. White people adopt black babies and vise versa. But maybe you can show me other examples. I've heard people say that how could a white baby (Jesus) hide in Egypt where there are black people? But this again doesn't take into account the fact that Egypt has always been visited by foreigners, had foreign rulers and had been conquered by the greeks and romans.

1. There'z a difference between "foreignerz" viziting Egypt from them staying, there and the nativez, know the differance, they don't just forget, and simply take everybody there 2 b, a trditional-true Egyptian.

2. Read the scripture it doezn't say Moses waz taken, and told 2 Pharoah thiz child will b adopted, that'z YOUR personal opinion, bcauze U can't fathom Pharoah being tricked like that.

3. Greek/Roman rulerz at the time of Pavlos (Paul) ruled Egypt 389 yearz, nor 400.
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't be mistaken I'm not trying to prove "white" Jesus only to discredit the false bible readigns that "prove' he's white. And by relation the facetious idea that we need to base doctrine or theology around the skin color of the jews and Jesus.

If thats true, why havent U tryed 2 show how theze "Ashkanazi'z" are not the Biological-Decendants of the Izraelits, but when it comez 2 theze Black-Americanz, who call them selvez "Hebrew" all of a sudden, your quick 2 try and dis-proove them, I've just prooved in 1 1/2 sentances that your racist, and U don't even know IT!!
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Moses wasn't mistaken he was adopted.

Joseph wasn't mistaken he was a hebrew slave at first who through his prophetic powers ascended to power.

Why would romans breed with hebrews if they were seen as lower? Why did whites breed with their black slaves? Why did the English breed with the Scots of Irish? Why did whites breed with native americans?

Whites DID NOT breed with, the slaves, thats a MYTH, less than 1% of the slave owners did this.
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. I was being saracastic STUPID MUTHAFUKA!
    2. You saying he existed and proving he existed are two different thing. At least those other guys tried to prove it.

You seem like one of those ? smart dudes because I really had a hard time trying to understand what the ? you were talking about. "if ya cafnjt...how ya figure/tehch?????WTF...Go sit your ? down somewhere man....seriously.

? U AND THE HOURSE U RODE ON, U DON'T KNOW ? !!
    But you'll go 2 sleep truly thinkin ya do, BIOOTTCCCHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rapluva wrote: »
    Them having white Pharoah'z 4 400 yearz, iz NOT true it waz less than that, and they were not referred 2 az "Pharoah'z, plus, just becauze the Greek/Roman rulerz were white, does NOT mean people would think Egyptian'z were white, thiz IZ modern FALSE anologies.

You really do not like the letter 's'
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The claims are grand in regard to the resurrection of Jesus. Some believed it happened; some don't. However, if it did happen, was is meant to be a magic trick that only he could do, or did it serve a purpose?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If it did happen, I think it was a mixture of both. Some theories say that the vinegar drink was a concoction that put his body in a state that resembled death. And also I think the greater message was that the body can be destroyed and crucified but they(humans) can never touch the soul.

I mean humans really do behave insanely. Look how people attack the body when really it is the mind they are after. How stupid is that? You attack the body to get at the mind which has no physical existance. Or you attack the body in place of the mind you cannot touch. Insanity. Or rather, UNsanity. They're not IN sanity, they're are totally out of sanity!
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I made such a thread because I believe that the argument for this seem the stress the miraculousness of the claim than the reason why this was even said to happened. To me, miracles don't have a whole lot of significance if all it does is make you go, "Bravo!!!! Good job!!!!". And you have a point...a person's sanity plays a role. I believe the reason for Christ's being crucified was that the people were trying stamp out a problem that they thought they could touch.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of ? ; because we have testified of ? that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished." 1 Corinthians 15:12-18

If there is no resurrection

1. ? is a liar
    2. Our hope is in vain
    3. We are still dead in our sins and trespasses
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For I bear them record that they have a zeal of ? , but not according to knowledge.

For they being ignorant of ? 's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of ? .

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Romans 10:2-4
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't really post anymore so I hope this works it's been a while since i've tried to embed a video on here

intelligent discussion is welcome idiots and agitators won't get a response from me, i would be interested in hearing somebody refute these logical conclusions.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YW99U4JWNEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YW99U4JWNEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I previewed the post before i sent it and i can't get it to embed so here's a link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW99U4JWNEc

can anybody tell me how to embed on the new board, why can't I do it the same as the old way anymore?
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • supaman4321
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I said i couldn't do it and asked for help and you try to look down on me?

you must not have anything to say about the purpose of the thread which is the video itself then huh?

smh......
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So I'm suppose to believe what a muslim has to say about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Right.

"Not at all! Let ? be true, and every man a liar." Romans 3:4

Thanks for nothing.
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I said i couldn't do it and asked for help and you try to look down on me?

you must not have anything to say about the purpose of the thread which is the video itself then huh?

smh......

You're welcome? smh @ folks these days
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Only ? knows the time for the end of this system of things, not even Jesus Christ knows, this is what separates ? and Son.
  • supaman4321
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So I'm suppose to believe what a muslim has to say about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Right.

"Not at all! Let ? be true, and every man a liar." Romans 3:4

Thanks for nothing.

He was quoting and showing the inconsistencies in your very own bible but because it's a muslim that's saying them he's a liar? what sense does that make?