Yeshua aka Jesus The Christ Son of ? discussion thread...

Options

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    How do you believe he married Mary M and had children?

The gospel of mary and the gospel of phillip point towards it. I know I dont believe the bible but when basing things around Jesus' life I do take each gospel seriously, Mary is lost gospel i know, but there is no evidence to point they arent as authentic as the ones in the bible. The last supper painting, im sorry but thats a women imo. Now in the bible Ive noticed another clue that was very heavy in believing the theory.
    The Bible DOES say Mary was at the last supper. She "wiped their feet". I was initially sort of downplaying this, but I learned that this was a task of honor that the host or hostess of a party would do for the guests. You do in fact see this in other literature. So if that was true, then Mary, being the "feet washer", was a person of great importance at this meal. In fact it is sort of like "her meal" that she is laying out for her best friends and her true love. Given that information, it's not unusual to then extrapolate that she might have sat at the table with them ...
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    Why would Jesus care to get married or even have sex to bare children?

He was a man nuff said, I dont believe in the whole Jesus being all powerful like ? , he did exist I know this, but I have nothing swaying me into believing he was ? son, at best he was just another prophet.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can't take it anymore. Descendants. It is Descendants.

Those red squiggly lines mean you spelled it wrong.

Let us get it together.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    The french puppet in my avy told me to spell check you like it actually affects my life.

y knot mispell words? does me mispellin words mak u mad?
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    If you notice my avi has the name Ben Dover, that is a signal to all male homosexuals that I am ready, willing, and able. I strictly catch though. y knot mispell words? does me mispellin words mak u mad?

It was a joke because every one else was following suit, misspelling it the same way.

Back to your lair, Bitchmade 713.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The gospel of mary and the gospel of phillip point towards it. I know I dont believe the bible but when basing things around Jesus' life I do take each gospel seriously, Mary is lost gospel i know, but there is no evidence to point they arent as authentic as the ones in the bible. The last supper painting, im sorry but thats a women imo. Now in the bible Ive noticed another clue that was very heavy in believing the theory.
    The Bible DOES say Mary was at the last supper. She "wiped their feet". I was initially sort of downplaying this, but I learned that this was a task of honor that the host or hostess of a party would do for the guests. You do in fact see this in other literature. So if that was true, then Mary, being the "feet washer", was a person of great importance at this meal. In fact it is sort of like "her meal" that she is laying out for her best friends and her true love. Given that information, it's not unusual to then extrapolate that she might have sat at the table with them ...

The bible explains to you what type of man Jesus was, never once did I read about him wanting to bare children or want a wife. His purpose (as ? 's son) was to die for our sins. To let these people know of His Father. What purpose would a wife and child serve? That wasn't his "mission".

I understand you're speaking about it from the lost books, post up the verse(s) if you can.

As for that painting of the Last Supper? You're saying the person to "Jesus" right is a woman? Well if that IS Jesus. The images they give us of him I do not accept as Jesus.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    The bible explains to you what type of man Jesus was, never once did I read about him wanting to bare children or want a wife. His purpose (as ? 's son) was to die for our sins. To let these people know of His Father. What purpose would a wife and child serve? That wasn't his "mission".

I understand you're speaking about it from the lost books, post up the verse(s) if you can.

As for that painting of the Last Supper? You're saying the person to "Jesus" right is a woman? Well if that IS Jesus. The images they give us of him I do not accept as Jesus.

As for the bible you are right there is nothng I never said there was, IMO it was left out because if it were true it would basically discredit the whole new testament. If you do read the bible very closely though it is obvious he spent more time around Mary M, and she was clearly his favorite of all the disciples. Now as far as why he would want to marry and have children, if he was just a prophet and not really gods son this would make sense, outside of the bible no one says he was gods son.
    Also Jewish Mishnaic Law says "An unmarried man may not be a teacher." Rabbis were supposed to be married, to best help their flock. Many of Jesus' disciples were married. Jesus supported and advocated happy marriages. He had Mary M hanging around with him all the time and kissed her often. Mary was called his most beloved disciple. Why do we assume she was NOT his wife? At that time he would have had to be married before he could become a teacher, which in the bible it says he was a teacher so? The bible also says anywhere that he wasnt married or had no children it doesnt discuss it at all so the bible does not discredit the theory.

As far as verses from lost gospels

Gospel Of Phillip

And the companion of [the Savior is] Mary Magdalene. The [Savior] loved her more than all his disciples, and frequently kissed her on the [mouth]. The rest of [the disciples] [got close to her to ask]. They told him: "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Savior responded and said: "Why do I not love you as I love her?" (Gospel of Philip 63-64).

"Three women always walked with the master: Mary his mother, sister, and Mary of Magdala, who is called his companion (koinonos). For “Mary” is the name of his sister, his mother and his companion (koinonos)."

I will have to go through the Gospel Of Mary and find the verses I dont know them off the top.

And as far as the painting, yes it portrays a white Jesus' so it would technically be wrong, however it is accepted as the last supper and I dont see how people claim it is John, in the original painting that is a female plain and simple, funny to me over the years how it was redone more and more in copies to make it look alot more male like. The fact though if it is a female, it is very important to Jesus' life story, she would have been put there for a very specific reason.
  • TX_Made713
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    It was a joke because every one else was following suit, misspelling it the same way.

Back to your lair, Bitchmade 713.

ah

you know, you'd make a real good christian if you keep talkin like that...its very christianlike of you
  • TX_Made713
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Abe did say he cant tell a lie
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The gospel of mary and the gospel of phillip point towards it. I know I dont believe the bible but when basing things around Jesus' life I do take each gospel seriously, Mary is lost gospel i know, but there is no evidence to point they arent as authentic as the ones in the bible.
    on the other hand, what you're doing is arguing in favor of the "lost gospels" because you agree with them, not because of their great authenticity.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    on the other hand, what you're doing is arguing in favor of the "lost gospels" because you agree with them, not because of their great authenticity.

No, I take the other gospels into consideration as well as outside sources, if the bible didnt tell of Mary being at the last supper and being a foot washer, I would have discredited the gnostic gospels point because nothing outside of them can co-sign what they are saying. Same as regulaur gospils if its co-signed by other sources outside of those gospels then Ill believe it or lean in favor of it, if its not then I wont.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, I take the other gospels into consideration as well as outside sources, if the bible didnt tell of Mary being at the last supper and being a foot washer, I would have discredited the gnostic gospels point because nothing outside of them can co-sign what they are saying. Same as regulaur gospils if its co-signed by other sources outside of those gospels then Ill believe it or lean in favor of it, if its not then I wont.
    in the end, though, you're arguing their position(s) rather than considering them equally accurate. if Matthew, Mark, Luke and John say "he wasn't married" and Mary and Phillip say he was... the latter two outweigh the former four? this has to be more than "the former are vaguely supported by the latter in some minor way."
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Need to post up the rest so people can watch the whole thing. I been sayin this stuff though, Jesus wasnt gods son, ? was a populaur carpenter who got called gods son at some point and rolled with it. Imagine the ? he was gettin off that claim to, people thinkin Jesus aint have kids, aint get married, aint got relatives, aint never had a family cookout is full of it.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hey Ether thanks for posting the video.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If there is only one ? , and Jesus is the only son of this man, why is it his story has been told the exact same way many times before him. Many ? births, december 25ths, let me give a clear Example

1820 BC, Egyptian book of the dead. We have a man named Horus. This man is the son of a ? , he was born to a ? mother, was baptized in a river, was later tempted alone in a desert by evil, he performed miricals like healing the sick, helping cripples, givin sight to the blind, had the ability to walk on water. Wow already so similar its scary, funny thing is that aint even half of it. He could also raise people from the dead and did so to Asar which in fact translates in Lazarus. Did I mention he was also crucified, found missing by two women on the third day, and was also resurrected. Damn.... He also had twelve disciples.

Now how is this possible? If this is true then someone writing the bible is telling ducktales, if this is all false it must have been prophesized right? They just didnt get the names, places, the whole Jesus not acually being a ? also, and other things right.

What about Krishna? Before Jesus' time again, Born to a ? as Gods offspring, baptized, healed through miricals, ? Krishna was even a carpenter to. Wierd right?

Even Mithra, born Dec. 25th, miricals, resurrected the 3rd day, the way, the truth, the light. Was considered the Messiah.??????

If Jesus didnt copy any of these or the other thousands of gods or messiahs why where so many born on the 25th is this a special day or something?

Someone run up in here droppin some knowledge
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not here to give post some profound insight to "prove" that Jesus story is original, but I wouldn't focus just on the miraculous aspects of the Jesus story. Though the miracles Jesus perform are important, they don't tell the whole story. If all Jesus was to people was a miracle worker or a great moral teacher, then anybody can make this up.

And what do these "duplicates" have to say in regards to sources outside of itself? Chances are writers, believers and critics alike, would have something that at least say that these characters existed; that it not limited to just one source such as the Bible.

And even if the evidence of authenticity does point to the Bible, does it mean it will be believed? Jesus is said to be Lord and Savior of the world, and yet there is nothing physical or tangible that makes people feel saved. There is this issue of sin that everybody, believers and non-believers, can't seem to grasp and people that are using the Bible are doing so more as a means to condemn people they don't like. The usual question of evil and suffering would still exist and people will still want to find a reason to feel as if there has to be another way around this than just "having faith"; whether or not people can trust in such claims as, "the blind will see", or "the deaf will hear", or "the lame will walk"?
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Read the dead sea scrolls. one of the characters could be jesus, except he isn't claiming to be ? etc. Seriously, just get a translation of the scrolls.

most things around it are all made up/attached to it by empires/are imperial wishes. if your sole interest is 'Jesus' than please look some things up from the Romans, than it will be clear to you why they gave jesus 25th december etc. maria/isis etc etc.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Someone watched Religulous...lol
  • TX_Made713
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Read the dead sea scrolls. one of the characters could be jesus, except he isn't claiming to be ? etc. Seriously, just get a translation of the scrolls.

most things around it are all made up/attached to it by empires/are imperial wishes. if your sole interest is 'Jesus' than please look some things up from the Romans, than it will be clear to you why they gave jesus 25th december etc. maria/isis etc etc.

...link plz?
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    While the 25th date is not really that important. What is significant is the mythology they crafted around Jesus story. This story repeats itself because Human Nature is cyclical and there is always a need for a deliverer from oppression, ignorance, and tyranny.

These scenarios have popped up all over the world because the circumstances have been the same. Doesn't mean it's invalid just means universal laws are impartial to time, geography, and circumstances.

What is significant is the Romans who were the historical enemies of his movement wanted to hide the truth about him and his movement so they did what all oppressors do when they ? a man who gives them trouble. They coopt his image and craft it the way they want making it easy for them to deceive people. How is it possible that the Roman authorities killed Jesus and persecuted his early followers all of a sudden morphed into the caretakers and Protectors of his teachings?(Church of Rome/Catholic Church)

Something smells fishy.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Someone watched Religulous...lol

That documentary any good? I never though Bill Maher was really funny so didnt even see it, does it acually go into religion and explain ? or does he just make fun of it the entire time?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That documentary any good? I never though Bill Maher was really funny so didnt even see it, does it acually go into religion and explain ? or does he just make fun of it the entire time?

I like it because it portrays things in a humorous way, but its not all factual and is biased. Its a good watch though.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If there is only one ? , and Jesus is the only son of this man, why is it his story has been told the exact same way many times before him. Many ? births, december 25ths, let me give a clear Example

1820 BC, Egyptian book of the dead. We have a man named Horus. This man is the son of a ? , he was born to a ? mother, was baptized in a river, was later tempted alone in a desert by evil, he performed miricals like healing the sick, helping cripples, givin sight to the blind, had the ability to walk on water. Wow already so similar its scary, funny thing is that aint even half of it. He could also raise people from the dead and did so to Asar which in fact translates in Lazarus. Did I mention he was also crucified, found missing by two women on the third day, and was also resurrected. Damn.... He also had twelve disciples.

Now how is this possible? If this is true then someone writing the bible is telling ducktales, if this is all false it must have been prophesized right? They just didnt get the names, places, the whole Jesus not acually being a ? also, and other things right.

What about Krishna? Before Jesus' time again, Born to a ? as Gods offspring, baptized, healed through miricals, ? Krishna was even a carpenter to. Wierd right?

Even Mithra, born Dec. 25th, miricals, resurrected the 3rd day, the way, the truth, the light. Was considered the Messiah.??????

If Jesus didnt copy any of these or the other thousands of gods or messiahs why where so many born on the 25th is this a special day or something?

Someone run up in here droppin some knowledge

The majority of the ? you posted is not original or true. And no, I'm not a Christian. Instead of believing what you read on some blog or geocities site (or even worst zeitgeist), next time do some half way decent research so you don't look like an idiot. The issues you brought predominately started with Gerald Massey, is pretty much rejected by most atheists/agnostics as being true.

Look in the book of the dead or any of the hieroglyphics and scrolls who mention horus and try to find any passages that mention his ? birth, him having 12 disciples, or him being considered the Messiah. The same goes with Mythra. You won't find them because they don't exist

There's similarities between them, but not the way you describe. Next time do some research so you don't look like an idiot.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    I like it because it portrays things in a humorous way, but its not all factual and is biased. Its a good watch though.

This. It was funny and I laughed, but there's no real damning link between Jesus and Horus/Mythra. I hate it when people try to use that "disprove" Christianity. The biggest proof that Christianity is fake is that Jesus is 2000 years late in coming back. I guess he really was a ? lol