Trey Songz Sits Atop The R&B Genre

Options

Comments

• tholley
    tholley Members Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    found this guy on youtube when my daughter was listening to him, i think he is better than trey songz :cool:
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There was some question but after Songz murdered Usher on the Lil Freak track he solidified his spot....Songz is the best R&B ? out now period
  • TWezzy13
    TWezzy13 Members Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

no
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok I have to just say Trey owes Drake NOTHING!! If anything Drake owes Wayne for his career.Yall some haters that just can't stand to see a young,intelligent black man doing his thing and need to get a life of your own.Sure there are other rnb singers who can sing out rite now but Trey is at the top rite now hate it or love it! Let the ? have his shine..Damn!

I agree totally
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz?!?! He can't even sing. Neyo sings better, Pleasure P sings better, Anthony Hamilton, Maxwell, Musiq Soulchild, Ginuwine(even now), Rkelly(even now), Chris Brown etc. Trey Songz is only getting more exposure because the music industry is blacklisting Chris Brown for beatin' up crazy, ugly ass Rihanna. Look at Trey's new joints...LOL :), Say aah etc. they sound like Chris Brown knockoff songs. Also, Trey's whole style is based off of Rkelly. As an R&B artist, he gets a 4/10. I'm not hatin', I'm just sayin'.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Trey had 3 solid hits from this last album and about 2 solid hits between his 1st two. Hardly running RnB. He's never gone #1 on the Hot 100 or had a #1 album. He only has 1 RnB #1 hit which was "I invented Sex". Just because mainstream radio is playing out his 3 hits right now doesn't mean running RnB. Usher, Justin, Neyo are running RnB more than Trey right now. 3 Gold albums doesn't = Sitting Atop of the RnB Genre. Oh and for the record:

Maxwell's last album > Trey's career (In terms of success, hits and sales)
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    trey songz is a watered down R Kelly
  • Mr. R&B
    Mr. R&B Members Posts: 80
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz?!?! He can't even sing. Neyo sings better, Pleasure P sings better, Anthony Hamilton, Maxwell, Musiq Soulchild, Ginuwine(even now), Rkelly(even now), Chris Brown etc.
    Ginuwine's amazing. Period.
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wow, i disagree. he's doing fine, but not that great. i do agree he's somewhat overrated. he is where he is only because of his look. the talent just ain't there, i'm sorry
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol @ Genuwine be amazing... Please check out Trey Songz "over"

"I see way too many people getting mad cuz I made alot of cash here!! Get up off my ? ... I swear the past few years it feels like I done past my peers but I just can't remember em all!! What am I doing??? What am I doing??? Oh yeah that's right I'm doing amazing ? amazing!!! I'm getting mine right now!! You ? had a run but it's over... It's over and I tried to told ya!!" (I tried to tell y'all too!)

"father I'm in awe! Of everything you've given me... Praying negativity will never ever live in me! Ain't nobody wrote mine!! Ain't Nobody Cosign!! Remember hanging clothes up on my Aunt Felecia clothes line!! Remember tellin hoes I would blow cuz of my dope rhymes... Could of never told I'd be singing when it's showtime... Solar Eclipse back when son got no shine... Five years later Ive arrived... No Time!!"

Awww man please go check this out like I said I would post it but I'm not near a computer... It's on YouTube!!

Sidebar: everybody rhymes get 10 times better within 20 minutes of ? wit Hov... Trey destroyed drake track!!

"Mother ? the world... My mother ? my daddy then my mother ? had me Now I'm poppin like some acne!! Mother ? my daddy... Guess I'm still mad we never had a real talk about it... It's my life!!! Who the ? are you to walk up out it??"

"I need somebody grown to ? , let me call Tony up"

Lol you ? had a run but it's over...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz?!?! He can't even sing[/B]. Neyo sings better, Pleasure P sings better, Anthony Hamilton, Maxwell, Musiq Soulchild, Ginuwine(even now), Rkelly(even now), Chris Brown etc. Trey Songz is only getting more exposure because the music industry is blacklisting Chris Brown for beatin' up crazy, ugly ass Rihanna. Look at Trey's new joints...LOL :), Say aah etc. they sound like Chris Brown knockoff songs. Also, Trey's whole style is based off of Rkelly. As an R&B artist, he gets a 4/10. I'm not hatin', I'm just sayin'.

the bolded u trippin hard
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Trey had 3 solid hits from this last album and about 2 solid hits between his 1st two. Hardly running RnB. He's never gone #1 on the Hot 100 or had a #1 album. He only has 1 RnB #1 hit which was "I invented Sex". Just because mainstream radio is playing out his 3 hits right now doesn't mean running RnB. Usher, Justin, Neyo are running RnB more than Trey right now. 3 Gold albums doesn't = Sitting Atop of the RnB Genre. Oh and for the record:

Maxwell's last album > Trey's career (In terms of success, hits and sales)

very tru........dude took 8 yrs of, comes back opens up with 350 k
  • Mr. R&B
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol @ Genuwine be amazing... Please check out Trey Songz "over"
    lol@implying that music put out by Trey Songz is on the same level as Ginuwine's.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mr. R&B wrote: »
    lol@implying that music put out by Trey Songz is on the same level as Ginuwine's.

it wasn't so much me implying Trey's music is better than Genuwine's... It was me never hearing anyone describe genuwine's music or singing ability as Amazing lol, I prolly will never hear that one again in life... Thanks for the laugh though!
  • Mr. R&B
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it wasn't so much me implying Trey's music is better than Genuwine's... It was me never hearing anyone describe genuwine's music or singing ability as Amazing lol, I prolly will never hear that one again in life... Thanks for the laugh though!
    Well, considering the pedestal you have been putting Trey and his music on, you ARE implying that he makes better music than Ginuwine (which is hilarious on it's own).

But, I should be the one thanking you for all the laughs your thread has been providing me... And many other members, I'm sure. :D
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mr. R&B wrote: »
    Well, considering the pedestal you have been putting Trey and his music on, you ARE implying that he makes better music than Ginuwine (which is hilarious on it's own).

But, I should be the one thanking you for all the laughs your thread has been providing me... And many other members, I'm sure. :D

I'm not IMPLYING ? ! I'm telling you flat out Trey Songz is on top of the R&B game... You was the first one in here ready to hate, fishing for a response from the ? but that's what haters do... "personally I think he's boring" get the ? outta here ? , that's why I ain't respond to you all thread till the silly ass Genuwine comment you made... Do you dudes listen to music or skim through it?? Then I go out on the front page and the boy got a thread about TQ... Well let me be the first to tell you my man personally nobody gives a ? what you think... That is all
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Trey songs has no classic or near classic singles/albums. How can this mufucka be at the top of the R&B game.....LMAO.

Dude is trash....his voice is decent...thats about it. Nothing special about duke at all.
  • Mr. R&B
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not IMPLYING ? ! I'm telling you flat out Trey Songz is on top of the R&B game
    I was referring to your comment regarding Ginuwine and not your thread title... Which was an implication and not a statement.
    You was the first one in here ready to hate, fishing for a response from the ? but that's what haters do... "personally I think he's boring" get the ? outta here ?
    OR... I was just posting my opinion, with no strings or motives behind it lmao. Hating would be me saying he sucks without a reason. Not only did I NOT say he sucks, I gave you many reasons why I think he's nowhere near as good as you paint him up to be. Seems like the only feelings in here are the ones you are constantly catching. Trey don't love you like you love him, so don't take ? so personal.
    that's why I ain't respond to you all thread
    Damn. Emotional and suffering from Alzheimer's? That would certainly explain how you could forget all the other male R&B artists out there who are far superior than Trey Songz in the game.

You responded to me many times. You actually addressed me and spoke on Ne-Yo and how he fell off since his first album. We went back and forth, making good points and we decided to agree to disagree. Go back and read all that, it's all there lol.
    till the silly ass Genuwine comment you made
    How can a man who calls himself "The ? ", continue to misspell a male R&B artist's name, even after I spelled it correctly for him numerous times? Ginuwine is a great singer, to me. I don't go around making threads about how a mediocre artist sits atop of the R&B game, though. That's all you, dude. I know you think it's comfy, but get off Trey's ? .
    Then I go out on the front page and the boy got a thread about TQ... Well let me be the first to tell you my man personally nobody gives a ? what you think... That is all
    I hate TQ and own 0 albums of his (never even heard one) except his last one, which I got so I could get that Mamacita track in group rip quality. So, I made a thread about his NEW ALBUM, just like I made the Raymond V Raymond one. It's part of what I do, also (review new R&B albums). Your point? Right, you have none.

I'll take that last comment of yours, though. Unlike you, I don't want people on here to "care" about what I think and don't give a ? about their opinions lol. You make a thread like this and go hard on people who have an opinion that is different than yours and who respectfully disagree. Just because they don't think Trey is the R&B Messiah and disagree with your taste, they just skim through music? Shatap. Allow me to hold the door open, to your own thread and show your emotional ass the way you take to get the ? outta here.
  • tgrahamstl
    tgrahamstl Members Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lmao dude u gotta be ? kiddin me...... i have all 3 of of their new cd pleasure p aint ? compared 2 trey lolhahahahaha lhh rotflol
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mrjun18 wrote: »
    Trey songs has no classic or near classic singles/albums. How can this mufucka be at the top of the R&B game.....LMAO.

Dude is trash....his voice is decent...thats about it. Nothing special about duke at all.

basically.

and way overhyped.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @Mr. R&B you took it way to far... I'm just healthy debating.. I ain't tryna go hard on nobody as you put it... And I'm backing all my ? up wit facts... Trey delivering great music in a drought!! His catalogue is already vast!! He already got tracks wit Aretha... Did you forget he came out in 05?? These other dudes you saying I forgot about I actually haven't forgotten at all! I just went out and bought Raymond vs. Raymond it doesn't compare! You talkin bout somebody that been in the game for damn near 20 years and is 5 albums in... How Jay said it? 5 in 20 years ? I can divide... And really only 2 albums live up to the hype surrounding this guy... 8701 and Confessions... He don't write nuttin and got 3 duds... What makes him on top?? His dance moves?? Obviously I'm debating wit people who don't purchase albums... You must only know singles and what your being spoon fed by the higher ups...

And this all started because I said "lol @ genuwine being amazing" that statement has nothing to with Trey songz at all! It is an implication of nothing... Like I said I never heard anybody call him or his voice amazing... He had a few hot tracks and that was that... Trey Songz gave his fans and his haters Anticipation for FREE and it arguably the best R&B album released in 09... That is a FACT! The only other albums that cam be mentioned are Blacksummer and Ready

You people don't know what y'all missing that's all I'm telling y'all

Lol @ no hits: Gotta go, gotta make it, all the if's, comin for you, etc etc that's the first album
  • Mr. R&B
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @Mr. R&B you took it way to far... I'm just healthy debating.. I ain't tryna go hard on nobody as you put it...
    Calling people "haters", insulting their knowledge of music and saying nobody cares about their opinions, simply because they have a different one than yours, is not "healthy debating". Only person who has taken it too far, is yourself. If you can dish it out, you gots to be able to take it, too.
    These other dudes you saying I forgot about I actually haven't forgotten at all! I just went out and bought Raymond vs. Raymond it doesn't compare! You talkin bout somebody that been in the game for damn near 20 years and is 5 albums in... How Jay said it? 5 in 20 years ? I can divide... And really only 2 albums live up to the hype surrounding this guy... 8701 and Confessions... He don't write nuttin and got 3 duds... What makes him on top?? His dance moves?? Obviously I'm debating wit people who don't purchase albums... You must only know singles and what your being spoon fed by the higher ups...
    Why you talking to me about Usher? I didn't even mention him when talking about the top R&B males in the game. :/

No-one cares.
    And this all started because I said "lol @ genuwine being amazing"
    Nothing "started" with you saying "lol@Ginuwine being amazing". I just replied to it, that's all. Then you blew up lol.
    that statement has nothing to with Trey songz at all!
    Neither does TQ's new album. So, stay on topic.
    It is an implication of nothing...
    When you are laughing at someone calling Ginuwine "amazing" after clearly putting Trey Songz on a pedestal, that is an implication that you believe Trey is better than Ginuwine.
    Like I said I never heard anybody call him or his voice amazing... He had a few hot tracks and that was that...
    False. Ginuwine had a few hot ALBUMS.
    Trey Songz gave his fans and his haters Anticipation for FREE and it arguably the best R&B album released in 09... That is a FACT!
    First of all: Anticipation is not an "album", it's a mixtape. Secondly: How is something that is "arguably" a "fact"? That doesn't make sense. That's not a fact; it's your opinion. Just like my opinion is that Anticipation is nothing special and neither is Trey. Learn the difference between fact and opinion. No wonder you think you're backing your ? up with facts lmao.

This dude catches feelings one post, then is all cool and preacher like on the next lol. I'm done with dude; y'all can have him back.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I never called you a hater, insulted ya music knowledge or any of that... Until after the Genuwine statement... What makes Anticipation a mixtape?? The fact that it wasn't available fir retail sale?? It was about 13 all original cohesive tracks composed And performed by Trey Songz. It was an album... Secondly I didn't say it was THEE best, which would make it opinion, I said "it's arguably one of the best" which is fact and can be proven through experimentation...

Bottom line is you caught feelings when I said I never heard anyone refer to genuwine as amazing and now you tryna make it like I caught feelings... But if you go back in all my posts I never dissed you, your opinion or anyone else's... I definetly never called anyone a hater soley because they don't like Trey... That is your opinion which you have a right too. But you can not be a fan and still give credit where credit is due... Trey Songz sits atop the R&b male genre, the only real rebuttal you've posed even though you posted in here many many times is Maxwell who is not of the R&B Genre and Alicia Keys who is a female...
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Songz is dat ? he's making the best R&B ? right now....SMH at the hate this ? gettin cuz the ? sweat him
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL By next week, Ushers album will have sold what Trey SOngz album sold in months. They are on different levels!