Trey Songz Sits Atop The R&B Genre

Options

Comments

• YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL By next week, Ushers album will have sold what Trey SOngz album sold in months. They are on different levels!

What do sells have to do with quality of music?? I don't see the correlation... Raymond vs. Raymond is not a better album than Ready. You were right about one thing though... They are definetly on different levels! Trey Songz writes and composes quality music... Usher can sing a well written song... Oh and he dances lol...

Trey Songz DNA is in usher music... He tryna sound just like Trigga these days.
  • Mr. R&B
    Mr. R&B Members Posts: 80
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I never called you a hater insulted ya music knowledge or any of that... Until after the Genuwine statement...
    Not only was I not referring to myself specifically (I was speaking in general), but you have also said "You was the first one in here ready to hate, fishing for a response from the ? but that's what haters do...". That is directly calling me a hater. The fact that it was said after the Ginuwine comment is irrelevant.

You've also been saying things throughout this thread that would imply that those who disagree with your thread title and opinions, don't know their music. Do I really have to quote you again? Really?
    What makes Anticipation a mixtape?? The fact that it wasn't available fir retail sale??
    Um... The fact that it was released under Phantom Domestic (not his label Songbook, Atlantic) as a MIXTAPE and not an ALBUM, maybe? It was the second of three mixtapes in a series leading up to his ALBUM Ready. This dude kills me lol.

And it is available for retail sale. Go to Amazon.com and HMV.com.
    It was an album...
    No, it wasn't. If it was an ALBUM it would be part of his ALBUM discography. Which it is not. It was released as a mixtape to create buzz for Ready.
    Secondly I didn't say it was THEE best
    Nobody said you did. Quit being paranoid and focus on remembering the things you keep forgetting.
    I said "it's arguably one of the best" which is fact and can be proven through experimentation...
    You thinking it is "arguably the best" (that's what you said by the way, not "arguably ONE OF the best", you seriously have a selective memory) is an opinion. A fact is something etched in stone. Something no-one can disagree with.

Here are examples of "facts":

- The album title is Ready.
    - It is Trey Songz third studio album.
    - It has sold over 647,000 copies.
    Bottom line is you caught feelings when I said I never heard anyone refer to genuwine as amazing and now you tryna make it like I caught feelings...
    How did I catch feelings lmao? I didn't say anything that gave out that impression. You, on the other hand, said I "was the first one in here ready to hate" and to "get the ? outta here", when I just said my opinion. I didn't say you were hating on Ginuwine, was I? Nope. You got it all wrong; the fact that you disagree with me about Ginuwine makes me HAPPY not MAD. After reading your thread title and opinions on R&B throughout this thread, I expect you to disagree with what I think. You're just saying I caught feelings, because I said you caught feelings, first. Mature lol.

Notice how I only retaliated harshly when you started catching feelings.
    But you can not be a fan and still give credit where credit is due...
    More ridiculous judgments made by you. I don't give credit where credit is due simply because I don't agree with your thoughts on Trey Songz? Listen to yourself lol. We've only discussed a few things in regards to Trey and it doesn't require me giving him any "credit". I disagree with your thread title and how high you put his music. That's it. Get a grip, dude.
    Trey Songz sits atop the R&b male genre, the only real rebuttal you've posed even though you posted in here many many times is Maxwell who is not of the R&B Genre and Alicia Keys who is a female...

A. My main and very first rebuttal was Ne-Yo. Funny how you skip that.
    B. Maxwell is considered an R&B artist. He does fit in the Soul category, as well. Either way, he is a valid rebuttal.
    C. What does Alicia Keys being a female have to do with anything? Your thread title is (since you seemed to have forgotten that, also) 'Trey Songz Sits Atop The R&B Genre'. Not 'Trey Songz Sits Atop The R&B MALES' or 'Trey is The Best R&B Male in The Game'.

Bottom line: You stay losing, man. And you keep digging yourself into a ditch with your comments. You should just stick to making threads with outlandish statements in the title. Because this "healthy" debating doesn't seem too healthy for you.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @mr r&b I'm on my phone when I post so j can't do all the multi quotes and theatrics and such that you do... I come in here read the new posts and respond... Sorry if I offended ya sensitive ass... Skip the semantics, mixtape alum, it was better than whatever ya favorite artist dropped last year if they even dropped anything at all. Genuwine wasn't that good, neither are any of these other ? y'all overrate all the time... Like honestly I don't care if you say or think Trey isn't that good... But to come in opening post talking bout he's boring and blah blah blah going on and on, not get responded to, then come back 100 posts later talking about Genuwine is amazing, it's like come on be serious. Leave your bias outside this thread...

The thread title is "Trey songz sits atop the R&b Genre" meaning right now today or whenever it was I made the thread... I mean tavis smiley, Monique, letterman, bp3 tour, white house, vibe cover, xxl cover, unplugged, and the list drags on... The thread isn't based on last year or ya favorite artists 20 year career... Right now today 9:33 eastern standard Trey is on top of the R&B Genre, no signs of slowing down, thee only right answer period!
  • Mr. R&B
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @mr r&b I'm on my phone when I post so j can't do all the multi quotes and theatrics and such that you do...
    There you go, judging again. Sigh. They're not theatrics. They're just a way to manage your posts, since you tend to type long paragraphs in them. They hurt my head. Nothing personal. Speaking of which, there must be a RETURN/ENTER key on your phone. Good, ? .
    I come in here read the new posts and respond...
    I'm pretty sure we all do, pal.
    Sorry if I offended ya sensitive ass...
    If anyone seems to have gotten offended in this thread, it's clearly you. Once again, I am not offended in the slightest. You have a right to your opinion and I will not call you a "hater" or say you "don't listen to music, you skim through it", simply because I disagree with it. :) Therefore, apology not needed.
    Skip the semantics, mixtape alum, it was better than whatever ya favorite artist dropped last year if they even dropped anything at all.
    Hmm. Well, I have many favorites. But if we're just looking at those who dropped an album in 2009, I have quite a few that I prefer over your boyfriend's MIXTAPE. Boyz II Men's 'Love', although a cover album, is phenomenal. Loved Ginuwine's 'A Man's Thoughts'. J. Holiday's 'Round 2' was solid. Maxwell's 'BLACKsummernight' and I'm not even a Robin Thicke fan, but I really enjoyed 'Sex Therapy'. *shrugs* I'd rather listen to all those, than Anticipation... The MIXTAPE.

However, I'm the biggest Brian McKnight fan on the planet, but I disliked his latest effort. Super disappointed, actually. So, I guess Trey's MIXTAPE was better.
    Genuwine wasn't that good, neither are any of these other ? y'all overrate all the time... Like honestly I don't care if you say or think Trey isn't that good... But to come in opening post talking bout he's boring and blah blah blah going on and on, not get responded to, then come back 100 posts later talking about Genuwine is amazing, it's like come on be serious. Leave your bias outside this thread...
    And I'M the sensitive one?

Stop saying you didn't respond to me. Between my first post in this thread and the Ginuwine comment, all the other posts were you and I speaking on Ne-Yo lmao (which STARTED with YOU addressing ME lol). You kidding me? Can't hit the "back" button on your phone either there, buddy? You a joke.

I saw someone mention that Ginuwine was better than Trey "even now" and I just wanted to imply that I thought he sounds just as good as when he first hit the scene. What's wrong with that? I wasn't talking to you, so why you catching feelings? Wasn't being bias, just posting an opinion. Want me to name artists I DISLIKE that are better than Trey? Will that make you feel better? Pathetic.
    The thread title is "Trey songz sits atop the R&b Genre" meaning right now today or whenever it was I made the thread... I mean tavis smiley, Monique, letterman, bp3 tour, white house, vibe cover, xxl cover, unplugged, and the list drags on... The thread isn't based on last year or ya favorite artists 20 year career... Right now today 9:33 eastern standard Trey is on top of the R&B Genre, no signs of slowing down, thee only right answer period!
    Dude. We get what the title means lol.

You're the one saying Alicia is a female, like that doesn't make her a valid rebuttal. I'm just pointing out that the artist's sex is irrelevant. We're talking about who is sitting atop the R&B genre. Not who is the best male R&B artist.

lmao@your answer being "the only right answer". And I'm bias? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Ne-Yo, Alicia Keys and Maxwell... All sitting higher than that dude you got posted all over your bedroom walls, homie. Deal with it.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont see Trey Songz on top of anything right now

cause for one he dont have the credibility to be even mentioned as a top artist right now

R.Kelly still holds that title unless Trey Songz come out with an album...like Kelly did in 1998 with the double album

a12f90b809a073a13f9f4110.L.jpg
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont see Trey Songz on top of anything right now

cause for one he dont have the credibility to be even mentioned as a top artist right now

R.Kelly still holds that title unless Trey Songz come out with an album...like Kelly did in 1998 with the double album

a12f90b809a073a13f9f4110.L.jpg

R. Kelly ain't the king of ? ...did you hear the last album he put out
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    R. Kelly ain't the king of ? ...did you hear the last album he put out

Orthe one before that??? Or the one before that???
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @Mr R&B when I asked do you listen or skim I wasn't judging or insulting you, just posing a question...

Boyz II Men habmve been reduced to doing cover albums... Robin Thicke join was hot but just like the rest of his albums incomplete... BlackSummer was great! So was Ready! So was Anticipation! These albums/mixtapes are in a league of their own.... Yeah we did have our Neyo exchange!! I never thought after that exchange you would turn on me like this...

The girl that came in here and said Genuwine was better than Trey Songz was just as crazy as you... I think she also mentioned Pleasure P as being comparable to Trey, which makes her opinion invalid...

Wow Alucia Keyz and Neyo both just dropped the worst albums of their careers... Maybe 2 years ago that comment could have been debated... Around the realease of as I am or because of you... Bug now you just living off of their pasts...
  • Mr. R&B
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @Mr R&B when I asked do you listen or skim I wasn't judging or insulting you, just posing a question...
    You didn't ASK anything. When you QUOTED Jay-Z, you didn't address me, you addressed everyone in here. Did I say you were judging or insulting me with that? No. It wasn't taken as an insult on my part. Just found it interesting that us disagreeing with you, would make you say something like that.
    Boyz II Men habmve been reduced to doing cover albums...
    I wouldn't say they were "reduced" to doing cover albums. We all know Boyz II Men can put out good albums with original material. That being said, a cover album by Boyz II Men>>>most original R&B albums being put out today. They make old songs sound brand spanking new.
    I never thought after that exchange you would turn on me like this...
    Ah, so you DO remember. *rolls eyes*

Turn on you? Dude, you keep taking things way too personal. This is why I said you stay catching feelings. I was just sharing my opinion on Ginuwine. Stop going all Tupac on us, with this "It's just me against the board" ? . It's sad. But, thanks for confirming that I was right: You're the only one in here getting emotional/feeling attacked.
    The girl that came in here and said Genuwine was better than Trey Songz was just as crazy as you... I think she also mentioned Pleasure P as being comparable to Trey, which makes her opinion invalid...
    Are you bipolar or something? One minute you're saying that you aren't judging/insulting anyone in here, the next minute you're calling me and another member crazy, and her opinion invalid. Speaking of which, how is a person's personal preference, invalid? More evidence that you don't know the difference between a "fact" and an "opinion".
    Wow Alucia Keyz and Neyo both just dropped the worst albums of their careers...
    Both The Element of Freedom and Year of The Gentleman are good album and a commercial success. Nowhere near as good as their debut albums, that's for sure. But, still keeping both of them on the top of the R&B genre.
    Maybe 2 years ago that comment could have been debated... Around the realease of as I am or because of you... Bug now you just living off of their pasts...
    Quite the opposite. I am talking about relevancy. Being contemporary, while putting out good music, you half-wit. Funny that a comment like that should come from the same person who stays bringing up artist's passed albums and comparing their new material to them. The same person who bases his rebuttals around that lol. You make no sense.

95% of the people who have posted in this thread disagree with you. Yet, we're the crazy ones? Riiiiiiiiiight.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What do sells have to do with quality of music?? I don't see the correlation... Raymond vs. Raymond is not a better album than Ready. You were right about one thing though... They are definetly on different levels! Trey Songz writes and composes quality music... Usher can sing a well written song... Oh and he dances lol...

Trey Songz DNA is in usher music... He tryna sound just like Trigga these days.

How can you consider Say Ahh quality? Lets not act like that ? is making SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE music, dude is a watered down R Kelly!
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How can you consider Say Ahh quality? Lets not act like that ? is making SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE music, dude is a watered down R Kelly!

And this is why I ? with a lot of your opinion on music. I said the same thing.
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options

Cmon bruh you getting more and more ridiculous... Say Ahh is party/club music... And it's does exactly what it was intended to do, and that's get the party poppin... Yeah he's not making Songz In The Key Of Life, he's also not Stevie Wonder either... Lol @ this stupid comment....

After reading responses from USMarine, you appreciate the responses from Mr.R&B that much more...
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Threadstarter either works for or is Trey Songz.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Usher > Trey

His album sold in 1 week half of what Trey's suspose Blockbuster album sold in it's whole run.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Usher > Trey

His album sold in 1 week half of what Trey's suspose Blockbuster album sold in it's whole run.

ion think that necessarily matters...

if trey makes his next album a great one...i think this thread could possibly be very true..
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ne-Yo > Trey Songz

Nuff said....
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Usher > Trey

MC Hammer and Eminem both have diamond albums in the US alone, by your logic I guess they're the best rappers ever...
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    True story.....

Trey is my ? , but the best thing he put out in his career is Anticipation(classic mixtape)

Ready is underwhelming(the 2nd half of the album is trash to me), Trey Day is classic comedy(the album is funny as ? and cannot be taken seriously) and I Gotta Make It is a very good debut r & b album and heavily slept on.

With that said, this dude can't possibly sit on top of R & B when his style is completely bitten and influenced by R. Kelly, and the album everyone is on is mad medicore(Trey's got the worse R & B lyrics for real lol, listen to Say Ahh, Invented Sex remix, his raps)

Im glad to see my ? doing big things, but Trey really became a weirdo after this BP3 TOUR
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    True story.....

Trey is my ? , but the best thing he put out in his career is Anticipation(classic mixtape)

Ready is underwhelming(the 2nd half of the album is trash to me), Trey Day is classic comedy(the album is funny as ? and cannot be taken seriously) and I Gotta Make It is a very good debut r & b album and heavily slept on.

With that said, this dude can't possibly sit on top of R & B when his style is completely bitten and influenced by R. Kelly, and the album everyone is on is mad medicore(Trey's got the worse R & B lyrics for real lol, listen to Say Ahh, Invented Sex remix, his raps)

Im glad to see my ? doing big things, but Trey really became a weirdo after this BP3 TOUR

SMDH at you calling the better half of the album bad
    goes to show, to each his own
  • TrueGodHS
    edited April 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    SMDH at you calling the better half of the album bad
    goes to show, to each his own

? SMDH at you think Black Roses, Successful, Holla If U need me and all the other joints is actually good. That ? is ? . Jupiter Love is the only good song on the 2nd half of the album... oh and Yo Side of the Bed
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    ? SMDH at you think Black Roses, Successful, Holla If U need me and all the other joints is actually good. That ? is ? . Jupiter Love is the only good song on the 2nd half of the album... oh and Yo Side of the Bed

lol at this
  • TrueGodHS
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol at this

LOL at your life
  • TrueGodHS
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just dont think ? know what good R & B is no more man, really. Trey's music has gotten worse for me as his career progressed. His last three joints that dropped are all medicore(The Machine, Already Taken and the other joint) and I just dont see why people are all over Ready like that. ? is mad weak to me.

But Anticipation is and always will be a classic R & B mixtape. He should've put most of the joints on Anticipation on Ready. He woulda had a classic in my mind.

I can admit however, mainstream wise and attention wise, he's the biggest male R & B star of the moment. Just not music wise.
  • blockentertainment
    blockentertainment Members Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz got nothing on new Block Entertainment artist Jacquees!
  • YungHeartLess5
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sex Room, That new ? wit Ross, Yeah Trey Been on top for a minute now and I dont see nobody surpassing him in the near future... Im eagerly anticipating "Love King" as well, but I dont consider Trey and Dream to be in the same lane, just two icons and Im blessed that i get the chance to enjoy their music