The Official Biggie Vs Jay-Z Thread...

Options

Comments

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Came up in that Rappers that got their ass kicked thread I made couple days ago...Dont really believe it though.
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    Came up in that Rappers that got their ass kicked thread I made couple days ago...Dont really believe it though.

Whats was the story?
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Brova wrote: »
    I remember hearin about this. Jay referenced it in a song but I forget which one.

Basically Jay and Puff had to stop Big from beatin on Kim

Was that the time he made her get the abortion?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sound like them ? ran a train
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I never heard this story before.

The DJ Premier story about Biggie naked in a room full of guys eating KFC from a bucket got me looking at my B.I.G. album collection a little sideways, though...haha.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »

The DJ Premier story about Biggie naked in a room full of guys eating KFC from a bucket got me looking at my B.I.G. album collection a little sideways, though...haha.

WTF. Drop that story
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

dead,.........
  • thesynthesis
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i think the story the TS is talking about is the one where kim said badbody and dem were in Miami fearing for there lives during the beef and were locked in a room together after receiving death threats, she said puffy was shook

someone else will explain it better
  • maafa
    maafa Members Posts: 286
    edited May 2011
    Options

? made me look at premo diff..like why the ? you stayed in the room with this fool while he naked eating chicken? then rumors of him and guru being undercover brothers dont make it any better
  • maafa
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • thesynthesis
    edited May 2011
    Options
    maafa wrote: »
    ? made me look at premo diff..like why the ? you stayed in the room with this fool while he naked eating chicken? then rumors of him and guru being undercover brothers dont make it any better

i made a mistake of once clicking on a video on worldstar which features Lil Cease butt naked swinging his ? around in a room full of men and 1 chick...all the other people were fully clothed

unno what typa parties badboy threw, but not my type dats fo sho
  • maafa
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i made a mistake of once clicking on a video on worldstar which features Lil Cease butt naked swinging his ? around in a room full of men and 1 chick...all the other people were fully clothed

unno what typa parties badboy threw, but not my type dats fo sho

i seen an interview of his where he was trying to defend them actions. talking bout, he was trying to break the ice or some ? similar to that. certain ? cant and shouldnt be justified..it is what it is ? ..live with yo suspect actions
  • thesynthesis
    edited May 2011
    Options
    dead@ break the ice
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    In other words, who would have been more likely to succeed the way he did without management (Diddy/Dame Dash), Biggie or Jay-Z?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This thread is sickening. No diss. But how many times are ? going to argue about this ? ?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jay and Dame was more like a partnership. Diddy got big focused and showed him how special his gift was and tried to keep his ass out that street life. Kinda like jay tried to do for beans but for one it didn't work as well and for two beans aint the rapper big was.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This shall be good.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Puff was never Biggies manager, and Dame was Jay manager in the beginning till they form the label and became partners.
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited July 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Puff was never Biggies manager, and Dame was Jay manager in the beginning till they form the label and became partners.

? , you know what I meant, ? . Who was more integral to the artist's success
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Without question....Big.

But, let's not act like Jay would be where he's at without Dame. Jay was too scared to scream at those Midtown execs so they wouldn't get played back in the day. Dame was his guard dog and after Jay climbed the mountain, he threw Dame out knowing Dame's job burned a lot of bridges in the industry.
  • usmarin3
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Biggie

Puff had massive success in the biz before Biggie even shown up on the scene, the dude was the hottest young exec at the time. Plus Puff also had musical talent, he is a great executive producer and had ear for beats plus direction. It was Puff who decided to give Biggie that polished sound that took his career to another level.

As for Dame, i would say he was starting out in the game and on the same field as Jay. He was managing a couple of ? , but they didn't have the success of a Jodeci, Mary J,etc. It's like Jay and Dame grew up in the business at the same time, and it was more of a partnership thing, not a boss and employee thing
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited July 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Biggie

Puff had massive success in the biz before Biggie even shown up on the scene, the dude was the hottest young exec at the time. Plus Puff also had musical talent, he is a great executive producer and had ear for beats plus direction. It was Puff who decided to give Biggie that polished sound that took his career to another level.

As for Dame, i would say he was starting out in the game and on the same field as Jay. He was managing a couple of ? , but they didn't have the success of a Jodeci, Mary J,etc. It's like Jay and Dame grew up in the business at the same time, and it was more of a partnership thing, not a boss and employee thing

But remember how long Jay was getting at labels before he got signed? I heard Dame was the only one who gave him a chance
  • usmarin3
    edited July 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    But remember how long Jay was getting at labels before he got signed? I heard Dame was the only one who gave him a chance

Yes, but that ground work to get off Jay and the label was equally shared amongst the partners. It's not like Dame fronted money for Jay, Jay brought his talent and money to the tabel. Plus it's not like the talent that Dame managed (Original Flavor) was popping off or anything. They both helped each other!
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Biggie. But Dame did a whole lot for Jay-Z than we give him credits for. ? put his life on the line, by insulting and disrespecting all these labels heads. It was really sad watching Dame disrespecting Kevin Lyles back then
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »

WHat you mean by gave him a chance? simply put Clark Kent hooked Jay up with Dame due to the fact that he had previously worked with Dame