The Official Biggie Vs Jay-Z Thread...

Options

Comments

• Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Exactly how I feel about it as well.

Dame was the quintessential ? and regardless if those execs liked it or not.

Yep...lol. smh.

But I guess he felt thats how he had to be to get Rocafella off the ground.
    In 94-95, they were just some ? trying to get on and avoid shady industry execs.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    no...i just see through the ?

I've called Dame an arrogant ? 15 times in the this thread. I just hate that Jay has the world thinkin he did no wrong to the people he came up with...

just as I said Jay has some blame in it as well...it just seems like ? like to gloss over what Dame Dash did that contributed to the demise of Rocafella because in the end, Jay came out on top career-wise...like some people think the only way Jay could have made it was to somehow put his foot on Dame's neck and keep it there even 8 years later...
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yep...lol. smh.

In 94-95, they were just some ? trying to get on and avoid shady industry execs.

feeling like you have to be an abrasive in 95 when you're getting off the ground is different than continuing to be that same way in 2000 when your company is successful...and that was Dame's issue
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yep...lol. smh.

"Muthafuckas call me an ? everyday, but I don't listen to that ? 'cause I know what's right and my crew tells me it's right.."

Question: Where was Jay when Dame was being an ? , putting his rep on the line for him when the exec trying to ? them each and everyday?
    Answer: Golfing and going to lunch with Lyor Cohen determining how to cut the Roc in pieces....

And was Jay, being a partner and friend letting Dame know all the spazzing he was doing could've possibly been bad in the near feature?
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "Muthafuckas call me an ? everyday, but I don't listen to that ? 'cause I know what's right and my crew tells me it's right.."

Question: Where was Jay when Dame was being an ? , putting his rep on the line for him when the exec trying to ? them each and everyday?

Answer: Golfing and going to lunch with Lyor Cohen determining how to cut the Roc in pieces....

Exactly what I was saying....
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options

And was Jay, being a partner and friend letting Dame know all the spazzing he was doing could've possibly been bad in the near feature
    ?

you think Jay never said anything to Dame? That one day he just popped up and said "So, I'm out and taking the name Rocafella with me"...and you say "cut the Roc in pieces" like Dame didn't get compensated...when you turn down a deal for a couple years before you actually accept it and tell your other business partners that somebody is offering oyu a side deal, it's hard to say a ? was being sneaky...foul yes, but sneaky no...
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Good discussion going on here. But like someone else said earlier, Biggie never makes "Juicy" or a lot of his hits without Puffy.....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

And was Jay, being a partner and friend letting Dame know all the spazzing he was doing could've possibly been bad in the near feature?

Seriously, why do ya'll act like Dame was doing ? out of the goodness of his heart? Like this ? didn't have a vested interest in seeing Jay-z succeed too, ya'll ? acting like he was going to bat for Bleek. lol

Plus ya'll need to get the ? off that battling for Jay-z ? , because the ? was belittling his own people. Just Blaze said Dame use to ? on Kanye, Bleek said Dame use to say inappropriate ? to him, Beans said Dame use to talk ? about Jay-z behind his back.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    alot of ppl act like dame ain't get rich also because of jay and like he aint get his cut when the split happens
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited July 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Seriously, why do ya'll act like Dame was doing ? out of the goodness of his heart? Like this ? didn't have a vested interest in seeing Jay-z succeed too, ya'll ? acting like he was going to bat for Bleek. lol

Plus ya'll need to get the ? off that battling for Jay-z ? , because the ? was belittling his own people. Just Blaze said Dame use to ? on Kanye, Bleek said Dame use to say inappropriate ? to him, Beans said Dame use to talk ? about Jay-z behind his back.

Dame was the one that gave Kanye a chance though....if it wasn't for Dame introducing 'Ye Jay's Blueprint album probably wouldn't gotten as big.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    alot of ppl act like dame ain't get rich also because of jay and like he aint get his cut when the split happens

Yeah, but why did it take so long for Jay to actually get on a label? I think he's said himself that nobody was checking for him like that. Dame may have been an ? , but he was The Roc's ?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i don't understand the logic, jay or big are only sucessfull because of dame and puff. when you buy a biggie album, you didn't buy it because puff. it wasn't like dame dash was making jayz music. it starts with the music first
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    makaveli25 wrote: »
    yeah, but why did it take so long for jay to actually get on a label? I think he's said himself that nobody was checking for him like that. Dame may have been an ? , but he was the roc's ?

again im not saying dame aint help jay, all im saying is when they jay was making money dame was also, when jay got his cut of roc-a-fella when they sold it dame also got his cut so what the issuse with jay going his way and dame goin his?
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1 thing that I have learned is that Kats from Harlem make moves in the industry and make or break a rapper...
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited July 2011
    Options
    again im not saying dame aint help jay, all im saying is when they jay was making money dame was also, when jay got his cut of roc-a-fella when they sold it dame also got his cut so what the issuse with jay going his way and dame goin his?

The issue is: Outside influences: The Jew (Lyor Cohen) influencing/persuading/brainwashing Jay...i.e. letting the white man come in between a partnership and change the facet of many careers.

Funny thing about it: We've seen this with Eazy-E, Jerry Heller and N.W.A., except in this Jay and Dame were on top of their game to make sure they didn't get screwed over..
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Somehow Sean Jean continued to make Biggie money, even after his death.

Dame is no longer with The Roc.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dame is a rider tho i almost feel bad for Kevin Lyles in that clip
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dame was the one that gave Kanye a chance though....if it wasn't for Dame introducing 'Ye Jay's Blueprint album probably wouldn't gotten as big.

Dame's ONLY reason for signing Kanye was to use his beats to try and put out a ROC compilation album and he was going to let Kanye rap on a couple tracks just to shut him up....Ye has said plenty of times that's why he had to pay for the "Through The Wire" video on his own, because nobody at Rocafella, Dame included, took him seriously as a rapper
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Funny thing about it..Lyor Cohen doesn't give a damn about Jay or Dame...or Hip Hop for that matter.

lol, shady Jewish ?

I'd say Puff definitely did more for Puff than Dame for Jay.

Puff was the one who made the decision to use Juicy as the first single off of Ready To Die when Big wanted to use "Machine Gun Funk"

Puff seemed to somewhat mold Big and Jay Z seemed to have stepped his own lyrical game up.

Jay Z went from rapping like Das Efx & Fu Schnickens to his own style on his own.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I heard ? saying they made Hov. Made me say, "Ok so, make another Hov"
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited July 2011
    Options
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    lol, shady Jewish ?

I'd say Puff definitely did more for Puff than Dame for Jay.

Puff was the one who made the decision to use Juicy as the first single off of Ready To Die when Big wanted to use "Machine Gun Funk"

Puff seemed to somewhat mold Big and Jay Z seemed to have stepped his own lyrical game up.

Jay Z went from rapping like Das Efx & Fu Schnickens to his own style on his own.

After hearing Nas.....
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    After hearing Nas.....

tabernacle.....
  • nkflier23
    nkflier23 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    who you believe is the better MC?
    LOL comparing Biggie at 24 to Jay at 24 is unfair so put Blueprint Jay vs LAD Biggie, who is the better MC?

I'm rollin wit
    tumblr_l7c44hbY091qbhbgoo1_500.jpg

Biggie was younger than Jay and still got in the ? ass relentlessly on Brooklyn's Finest and I Love the Dough
  • nkflier23
    nkflier23 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bump
    noone got an input? obamahmmw.png
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Biggie.....? aint even close!!!