The Official Biggie Vs Jay-Z Thread...

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? back wrote: »
    Biggie. But Dame did a whole lot for Jay-Z than we give him credits for. ? put his life on the line, by insulting and disrespecting all these labels heads. It was really sad watching Dame disrespecting Kevin Lyles back then

But hilarious.....................
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Big wouldn't be as successful as he was without Puff, but he also would probably still be alive today without Puff
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? back wrote: »
    Biggie. But Dame did a whole lot for Jay-Z than we give him credits for. ? put his life on the line, by insulting and disrespecting all these labels heads. It was really sad watching Dame disrespecting Kevin Lyles back then

Exactly. Dame may have been a horrible bastard but, Jay benefited from that. ? can pretend all they want that Jay didn't but, he did...wasn't nobody tryna ? over Jay because that meant they had to deal with Dame's ignorant ass...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? really do overstate what Dame Dash did for Jay-Z...yes he did things for him but alot of people act like Dame was Jay's boss or some ? ...there were 3 people behind Roc-A-Fella Dame Dash was just the loudest one of the 3...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I m pretty sure after 8 yrs trying to get on, Jay d sold his soul for a deal so having Dame there helped him out a lot...
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    Without question....Big.

But, let's not act like Jay would be where he's at without Dame. Jay was too scared to scream at those Midtown execs so they wouldn't get played back in the day. Dame was his guard dog and after Jay climbed the mountain, he threw Dame out knowing Dame's job burned a lot of bridges in the industry.

Dame burned alot of those bridges on his own acting the way he did...there's no way you can plan to have a long career in an industry constantly cussing people out like that...it may have gotten some things done, but it's the very reason so many people started going directly to Jay instead of going to Jay and Dame...think about if you're doing business with some people and they have one dude who is always screaming, yelling, cussing in meetings...after a while you're not going to want to deal with that person and their attitude...and here's the real reason the 3 of them split up...it wasn't Jay just throwing Dame Dash and Biggs to the curb and this story has been confirmed in multiple interviews by Dame that this is true...
    So I was like, let me get Reasonable Doubt and I’ll give up [the rest of] my masters. I’ll give up Roc-A-Fella Records, I’ll give up president and CEO of Def Jam Recordings—everything. Just give me my baby to hold on to so 10 years down the line, I can look back and I got something—I’m not empty-handed. And I was the one being offered everything. I thought it was more than fair...
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ? really do overstate what Dame Dash did for Jay-Z...yes he did things for him but alot of people act like Dame was Jay's boss or some ? ...there were 3 people behind Roc-A-Fella Dame Dash was just the loudest one of the 3...

thats the whole point...smh. the music industry circa 1995-NYC was cutthroat to say the least...
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dame burned alot of those bridges on his own acting the way he did...there's no way you can plan to have a long career in an industry constantly cussing people out like that...it may have gotten some things done, but it's the very reason so many people started going directly to Jay instead of going to Jay and Dame...think about if you're doing business with some people and they have one dude who is always screaming, yelling, cussing in meetings...after a while you're not going to want to deal with that person and their attitude...and here's the real reason the 3 of them split up...it wasn't Jay just throwing Dame Dash and Biggs to the curb and this story has been confirmed in multiple interviews by Dame that this is true...

yea yea...dog....? all that. Jay ain't have a problem with Dame's attitude on the way up. Because it made every music exec respect them. Jay ain't start talking about Dame's personality flaws until they got rich...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yea yea...dog....? all that. Jay ain't have a problem with Dame's attitude on the way up. Because it made every music exec respect them. Jay ain't start talking about Dame's personality flaws until they got rich...

You ever think maybe Dame wasn't that bad, until he started having the success. Just saying, maybe he started feeling himself after the success because there is no ? way he was yelling at dudes like that tryna get a distribution deal.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lol! They were more 2 ppl running Rocafella than 3. Biggs was just a street ? was also Dame's friend investing in rocafella. He didnt know ? about the business.
    Dame was the one who told Jay-Z to change his style of rapping
    Dame was ? MJB, thats why she featured on the album
    Ski(produced more songs on the LP than any producers) was Dame's boy
    Clark knew both of em
    The idea of starting their own laberl came from Dame, of course Jay wanted to be a partner cuz he had the money
    Gotti was dame's man

I dont even like Dame, but damn ? need to give this ? some credits
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Alot of snake ? in here...

You can tell Dame, while an ? , wasn't the disloyal one in that business relationship. He did his job, which was to go screaming at Kevin Liles, Lyor Cohen and Russell every day, making sure Jay wasn't getting played.
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options

Watching Roc-A-Fella back then, Dame didn't start off as bad as he did...the bigger Jay got, the bigger Dame's ego got and you could see it because I can guarantee you when Dame went into Def Jam first looking for a deal he wasn't screaming at Kevin Liles like "You better give my ? Jay-Z a deal"...that ? was bound to clash when have 2 people with personalities that different...one real quiet, low key type and another who's all in your face...and when one type of attitude starts costing the other money/business opportunities it will create a problem...Dame could have done what he did w/o acting the way he did...he's a smart businessman and great at what he does...it was the way he went about it that became the issue....and how you gonna ignore a story that the person you're defending has confirmed as true...
  • usmarin3
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why do ? act like Dame wasn't compensated for his work, what Jay chose to do post break up is his business dealings. When Rocafella, Rocawear,etc was sold it was split evenly, everything after that is on each person.
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    You ever think maybe Dame wasn't that bad, until he started having the success. Just saying, maybe he started feeling himself after the success because there is no ? way he was yelling at dudes like that tryna get a distribution deal.

I definitely agree about that. I think every dude gonna start feelin himself once he start getting paper. But the fact remains man....Jay was the talent. Biggs had the (most) startup money. Dame had the connections and the mouthpiece.
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why do ? act like Dame wasn't compensated for his work, what Jay chose to do post break up is his business dealings. When Rocafella, Rocawear,etc was sold it was split evenly, everything after that is on each person.

it gives them another reason to say "? Jay-Z"...as if he was supposed to be responsible for Dame Dash after they split up Rocafella...
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Watching Roc-A-Fella back then, Dame didn't start off as bad as he did...the bigger Jay got, the bigger Dame's ego got and you could see it because I can guarantee you when Dame went into Def Jam first looking for a deal he wasn't screaming at Kevin Liles like "You better give my ? Jay-Z a deal"...that ? was bound to clash when have 2 people with personalities that different...one real quiet, low key type and another who's all in your face...and when one type of attitude starts costing the other money/business opportunities it will create a problem...Dame could have done what he did w/o acting the way he did...he's a smart businessman and great at what he does...it was the way he went about it that became the issue....and how you gonna ignore a story that the person you're defending has confirmed as true...

whatever bruh...i said Dame was an ? ...

I just said Hov didn't have a problem with it until he made it...

Hov had Dame doing his ? work, going to war everyday with Lyor for Rocafella when he was golfing with Lyor the same day...
  • usmarin3
    edited July 2011
    Options
    WTF ever happen to Biggs weed cases, this ? is the only distributing level type ? i know who get caught with weed and do no jail time. He got caught with a weed house in his penthouse and nothing happened, then he got caught with pounds of weed a few years ago and nothing happened. Who he knows?
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    to answer the thread.....biggie

n yall actin like dame aint did no foul ? like do seperate business ventures and give camron, a ? jay didnt get along wit a high ranking position at rocafella. at the end of the day jays talent made them both millionaires ? the other ? .....
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options
    whatever bruh...i said Dame was an ? ...

I just said Hov didn't have a problem with it until he made it...

Hov had Dame doing his ? work, going to war everyday with Lyor for Rocafella when he was golfing with Lyor the same day...

so Dame doing ? like giving Cam'Ron the VP position w/o consulting Jay-Z wasn't ? up?
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so Dame doing ? like giving Cam'Ron the VP position w/o consulting Jay-Z wasn't ? up?

Kinda like Jay wanting the Rocafella name & Reasonable Doubt for himself? Taking all the artists from Dame when Jay knew deep down in his soul he wasn't gonna do ? for them...
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kinda like Jay wanting the Rocafella name & Reasonable Doubt for himself? Taking all the artists from Dame when Jay knew deep down in his soul he wasn't gonna do ? for them...

wanting the name for himself? You must not have heard you man Dame's account which confirms the quote I already showed you...Jay offered to give up the Rocafella name...
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    wanting the name for himself? You must not have heard you man Dame's account which confirms the quote I already showed you...Jay offered to give up the Rocafella name...

if they gave up Reasonable Doubt...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Some folks just dont like jay for no reason on here i see
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options
    At a media listening party, Dash had announced the promotion of RocA-Fella artists Cam’Ron and Beanie Sigel to vice presidents at the company. Jay-Z made an equally public denial via phone from Europe.

“That’s not taking effect as of yet,” he told The Source. “I think the talk is a little premature as of right now.”

Next Jay-Z found out that Dash was shooting a movie, a fictionalized account of their partnership, with actors playing them both. Jay hadn’t even met the guy playing him. It was unsettling.

Then Jay-Z heard that Dash had fired a bunch of folks in the office, including personal assistant Carline Balan,
    On one hand, when Lyor Cohen offered the buyout in late 2001—the one that would have effectively paid his partners to go away and left Jay-Z in charge of Roc-A-Fella—Jay-Z turned it down out of loyalty to Dash and Burke

http://www.vibe.com/posts/jay-z-vs-dame-dash-unraveling-roc-fella-explained
  • blackrain
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if they gave up Reasonable Doubt...

one album, the least profitable at that, out of all of Jay's album in return to keep running Roc-A-Fella and have Jay just walk away Jay knew that he had a better deal with the chance to make alot more money.....seems like the easier thing to do would have been to just give up the album rights...not like they were losing millions...I could see if Jay wanted the rights to Vol 2. or something...as smart as Dame Dash is, his ego played just as much of a role in breaking up Rocafella as Jay's deal w/ Lyor and Kevin Liles did