The Official Biggie Vs Jay-Z Thread...

Options

Comments

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cuz he's the 1 who went the hardest to imitate him and take his spot

imitate? u really feel like jay tried to imitate big?
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited March 2010
    Options
    imitate? u really feel like jay tried to imitate big?

jus leave it alone bruh nigguhz on this site r ignorant...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mase and Puff are the ones who benefitted the most off Biggies death if you ask me, they just couldn't maintain and have longevity (well Mase ). Puff is still around but he is one some other ? .
  • great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited March 2010
    Options
    cuz he's the 1 who went the hardest to imitate him and take his spot

Brooklyn's Finest and I Love The Dough show that Jay was already on par with Biggie when it came to mic skills. Matter of fact, based on both their debut albums, Jay was slightly ahead of Biggie on the mic. Jay would have been successful regardless of Biggie's death. He always had that drive and the business savvy.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    oh ofcourse... even tho i dont like jigga.... smh... u cant deny his success outside of music thats one strong suit u can indefinitely say he had over Big & Pac. I know its unfair to say that but goin by the types of contracts they signed to their respective owners i think its a legitimate contrast lol. The difference w/ jay & big is that Jay founded his own co. & ran it like a business (as opposed to a crew like big n pac was doin) today jigga worth some 150M & according to forbes Rocawear hit a billion in sales & livenation givin Jay a label deal for what hes worth lol (150M).... thats no accident. U cant deny greatness, jay didnt come up under big & wasnt competition to him, his albums still went plat, he was still travelin the world, etc. u cant pigeon-hole Jay's music n say he woulda never blew up if Big was still here, its not like his albums were selling HUGE sales after big died, his early albums barely went plat (shows u tho that he still had an audience of say 900k or so). Jigga's comeup is no fluke, hed still be where he is now if big hadnt of died.... ? knowing that fool the takeover prolly woulda been for big n not nas.

Smartest poster in this thread.....smh @ anyone thinkin Jay wouldve let Big have the crown untested for that long. If Pac Died & Big had lived thru that, Jay wouldve still been successful & it would've been a cold war, so to speak. Not a blatant diss but, I just cant see Jay wanting to say in that shadow. Jay had that drive, the kinda drive that you just hate to lose & eventually they would've butted heads.
  • Reapmills
    Reapmills Members Posts: 55
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jay would be exactly where he is, and B.I.G would be signed to Roc Nation because he just like every other MC that was relevant in 96 would be on the decline... i hate when people act like theres no curve in hip-hop and one or two MC's could stave off change... KRS Rakim and LL never died yet hip hop went gangsta without them... and they became pseudo-obsolete... same woulda happened to Big and Pac
  • bigbadbossup99
    bigbadbossup99 Members Posts: 135
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jay would have made it regardless. However, i can't see him outshining B.I.G for that #1 spot. The reason this theory is so relevant,is because jay offered nothing that Biggie wasnt already offering as an artist. Nas would have did his thing exactly the same, because a nas album is nothing like a biggie album. Meanwhile jay came up to the top by emulating bad boy.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no he wouldnt have plain and simple
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wow some of u ? in denial badly lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he wouldnt have been the universal star he is now..... in regions outside of ny/east coast Jay wasnt that big. Big death opened up a big void that he filled.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jay would have been very successful eventually but not as successful as he is now. Jay is the best rapper alive to me, and his music record of 12 number one albums verifies that. AT the end of the day though, Jay wasnt too big when BIG was around, so I doubt he would have been setting world records with BIG around. I could be wrong though.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From style and flow to longetivity and versatility Jigga has alway done what Big Did and better minus the ? Lyrics. The very fact he is still breathing and 1 of the flagship faces of Mainstream HipHop Proves this fact more. Anyone saying otherwise is either trend jumping, a badboy/biggie groupie, or delusional...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    impp_0903_01_z+2008_mitsubishi_lancer_ralliart_fact_or_fiction+fact.jpg
    ./
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I wholly disagree...
  • 1of1
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I wholly disagree...
    Is it b/c of the biting?? B/C I have to admit that the biting is disgusting.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can just imagine the feelings being caught by (insert user ID here).

I c/s this thread.
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Is it b/c of the biting?? B/C I have to admit that the biting is disgusting.

"And if I ain't better than Big, I'm the closest one..."

^^ That line says it all...
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I wholly disagree...
    So Jigga does have ? Lyrics? He has not made more quality Music? He has not shown More Versatility? His flow has not evolved way Past Biggie? Has he not become one of the Mainstreams Poster Faces? Is he not Head of his Own Label? Is his Wife not Finer then Biggie's? Has he not made More Money then Biggie? Is he not more successfull? I am just curious as your grounds for disagreement...
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I like Jay's music better, but its hard to compare Jay to Biggie because he didnt reach his full potential like Jay did.

But then again based off their first album I thought Reasonable Doubt was better then Ready to Die. I know I'mma catch flack for that, but its my opinion.
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So Jigga does have ? Lyrics? He has not made more quality Music? He has not shown More Versatility? His flow has not evolved way Past Biggie? Has he not become one of the Mainstreams Poster Faces? Is he not Head of his Own Label? Is his Wife not Finer then Biggie's? Has he not made More Money then Biggie? Is he not more successfull? I am just curious as your grounds for disagreement...

Well if your talking about ? outside music then yes... but Jigga ain't ? with BIG on the M.I.C...

Hell Jigg is a fan of the fat boy...
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lmfao
    did this ? say longevity?
    how could you possibly hold that over B.I.G.'s head?
    the ? ain't have no choice but to have a short shelf life
    his life period was cut short
    i don't even think more music should be brought into the equation
    the ? died!
    who's to say where jay would be right now if B.I.G. had lived
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

you really tryna compare a ? with like 15 years in the game to a dead ? with 2 albums?
    i mean
    if you are then of course Jay<<<<<<<<<<Biggie
    but be for real, b
    ain't you supposed to be one of them hip hop head ass ? anyway?
    waka flocka bashin ass ?
    and you make a thread like this?
  • 1of1
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "And if I ain't better than Big, I'm the closest one..."

^^ That line says it all...

Yo I was trying to give your argument a chance by bringing up Jay's tendency to bite b/c biting is the only plausible argument one could have in this case IMO. Jay is more versatile and more thoughtful with the metaphors (I don't know about Jay now, but I mean '96-'04 Jay).
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well if your talking about ? outside music then yes... but Jigga ain't ? with BIG on the M.I.C...

Hell Jigg is a fan of the fat boy...
    Most of what I stated was in regards to music and a fan can excel past who they once admired in fact that is the point of it all...
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yo I was trying to give your argument a chance by bringing up Jay's tendency to bite b/c biting is the only plausible argument one could have in this case IMO. Jay is more versatile and more thoughtful with the metaphors (I don't know about Jay now, but I mean '96-'04 Jay).

I'm not trying to be funny... but Jigg has virtually BITTEN BIG'S lyrics in all his albums till date

Dude is a FAN of BIG... how is he then better than him?