The Official Biggie Vs Jay-Z Thread...

Options

Comments

• jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So Jigga does have ? Lyrics? He has not made more quality Music? He has not shown More Versatility? His flow has not evolved way Past Biggie? Has he not become one of the Mainstreams Poster Faces? Is he not Head of his Own Label? Is his Wife not Finer then Biggie's? Has he not made More Money then Biggie? Is he not more successfull? I am just curious as your grounds for disagreement...

Why would you wonder why people disagree? Well let's see...I can tell you why I disagree. Jay had years to hone his skills or whatever (if you ask me he's REGRESSED lyrically if anything) If Big was alive still how you know his ? wouldn't have "progressed" also? Jay has Big and Pac dying to thank for being a mainsteam success because Jay came out not too much later than those guys. If jay was the man like that then how come he wasn't this suceessful when both those guys were alive. Who ? married to got nothing to do with who's better. Give Big 15 years instead of gettin gunned down after 3 and he woulda had the money and everybody got labels today so im sure Big woulda had one (with Jay probably on it LOL)
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There are alot of rappers better than Biggie, Jay so happen to be one of them. Puff is just as responsible for Biggies success artistically as he is, Puffs ear for music = Biggies success.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    flow big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

storytelling big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

immediate impact big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

wordplay jay>>>big

originality big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

lyricism jay>>>>>>big

charisma big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    flow big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

storytelling big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

immediate impact big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

wordplay jay>>>big

originality big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

lyricism jay>>>>>>big

charisma big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jay

lol at you making up criteria to tilt ? for Biggie, what next?

Ugliness

Biggie > Jay
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    pac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>big & jay
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Why would you wonder why people disagree? Well let's see...I can tell you why I disagree. Jay had years to hone his skills or whatever (if you ask me he's REGRESSED lyrically if anything) If Big was alive still how you know his ? wouldn't have "progressed" also? Jay has Big and Pac dying to thank for being a mainsteam success because Jay came out not too much later than those guys. If jay was the man like that then how come he wasn't this suceessful when both those guys were alive. Who ? married to got nothing to do with who's better. Give Big 15 years instead of gettin gunned down after 3 and he woulda had the money and everybody got labels today so im sure Big woulda had one (with Jay probably on it LOL)

Funny how only 1 question was addressed and the premise of that rebuttle is a fantasy world scenerio where Biggie is alive. How about addressing what has actually happened and base your argument off of what is and not what could have been???
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree Jigga >>>>>> BIG
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jigga>>>bigga????? ? how you figure?
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Funny how only 1 question was addressed and the premise of that rebuttle is a fantasy world scenerio where Biggie is alive. How about addressing what has actually happened and base your argument off of what is and not what could have been???

Lets address what really happened.

-Big was crushing the game in the most competitive era in hip-hop to date.

-the amount of talent that existed in that timeframe was historical, and Big was still the one to shine.

-Big only released 2 albums--and those 2 albums are classic. (timeless)

-Even all those years ago Big had started his own Clothing company giving rappers another avenue to generate cash. (Brooklyn Mint)

-Big was leaving Bad Boy to start his own label after Life After Death, another staple rappers today try to secure.

So f*ck what could have been, it is what it is. Give Big another 10 years and he would own hip-hop today.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jay-Z surpassed big after the blueprint, as a matter a fact I personally thing jay ate big on every song they did together

Jay-Z>>>>>>>>Biggie
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options

-the amount of talent that existed in that timeframe was historical, and Big was still the one to shine.

-Even all those years ago Big had started his own Clothing company giving rappers another avenue to generate cash. (Brooklyn Mint)

-Big was leaving Bad Boy to start his own label after Life After Death, another staple rappers today try to secure.

So f*ck what could have been, it is what it is. Give Big another 10 years and he would own hip-hop today.

Big still owed Diddy 1 more album, so unless he was gonna buy out his contract I doubt he would have left.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    lol at you making up criteria to tilt ? for Biggie, what next?

Ugliness

Biggie > Jay

LoL @ opinion crushing u to the fact that u gotta post a ? ass response .....
  • thefocusman2
    thefocusman2 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    everybody is saying if big was still alive, if big this, if big that. bottom line is he didn't have enough time to do none of it whether it was fall off or be greater than he was. so based off of what is Jay-Z is better period. 12 albums against 2. i know ? don't like Jay but ? it just is what it is.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Besides Big never got an opportunity to show some growth in his music, like others in his era like Jigga and Nas did. What Big did was lay the foundation for many acts to follow afterwards, so say what you want but his influence is felt even today.

Oh and lol at giving credit to Puff, and if we are giving credit to people can we give credit to Suge for all that gang banging Pac was doing in 96? Or credit Eazy E for Ice Cube's image, and how about Dame Dash to Jay Z.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    everybody is saying if big was still alive, if big this, if big that. bottom line is he didn't have enough time to do none of it whether it was fall off or be greater than he was. so based off of what is Jay-Z is better period. 12 albums against 2. i know ? don't like Jay but ? it just is what it is.

I agree with that.

Everything is what if, what if.
  • thefocusman2
    edited May 2010
    Options
    biggar wrote: »
    I agree with that.

Everything is what if, what if.

exactly

10 characters
  • jek
    edited May 2010
    Options

Jay has fallin off album wise WTF?
    And you'll never know How long Big woulda kept it going if Suge's LAPD boy didn't put the hot led in him so the same reason you guys is saying he never got a chance to fall off is the same reason you can also say well since Jay didn't fall off (according to yall ? ) Big was better at the time how could he have fallin off dramatically.
  • thefocusman2
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jay has fallin off album wise WTF?
    And you'll never know How long Big woulda kept it going if Suge's LAPD boy didn't put the hot led in him so the same reason you guys is saying he never got a chance to fall off is the same reason you can also say well since Jay didn't fall off (according to yall ? ) Big was better at the time how could he have fallin off dramatically.

that's my whole point.your argument is based off "if suge didn't ? him". i'm just going off the music that's here. unfortunately we didn't see what big can do over a long career. but we saw Jay become more versatile and grow as an artist. but catologue for catologue Jay>>>>Big
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok this is gettin old big died at 24. he did all he did in 2 albums and then got killed compare jay to a dude thats living
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that's my whole point.your argument is based off "if suge didn't ? him". i'm just going off the music that's here. unfortunately we didn't see what big can do over a long career. but we saw Jay become more versatile and grow as an artist. but catologue for catologue Jay>>>>Big

How???................
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options

So yet another he was going to but did not argument...
  • BEONDON
    BEONDON Members Posts: 112
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • jek
    edited May 2010
    Options

Well if you know all that then how can you truely make a FAIR comparision? Ya'll actin like yall want Big to do some recording in Heaven or Hell to keep up with Jay. All at scull and bones studio N ? tryna spirit rap.How is that Big's fault that Jay Z has the Longer jevity? He cant do nothing about that. Make the ? fair and compare both they first 2 albums then.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well if you know all that then how can you truely make a FAIR comparision? Ya'll actin like yall want Big to do some recording in Heaven or Hell to keep up with Jay. All at scull and bones studio N ? tryna spirit rap.How is that Big's fault that Jay Z has the Longer jevity? He cant do nothing about that. Make the ? fair and compare both they first 2 albums then.

Which is actually the point Biggie cannot keep up with Jay he is Dead Jay is Living, Jay has far passed him because of that plain reality and many other factors, Life and Death are not fair they are what they are though...