The Official Biggie Vs Jay-Z Thread...

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So why did you choose Biggie exactly? Why not compare another dead rapper to somebody else living?
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So yet another he was going to but did not argument...

What did he not?
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    how can you say biggie is better than jay and he ain't had but 2 albums?
    you sayin 2 albums worth of music is better than all the music in a 15 year career?
    thats why i'm sayin this comparison shouldn't be made

I understand that a 15 year career can't compare to 2 albums but biggie's short time here on earth, his catalog is one of the best in a short span of time I think so.... but all in all a comparison can't be made
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Why would you wonder why people disagree? Well let's see...I can tell you why I disagree. Jay had years to hone his skills or whatever (if you ask me he's REGRESSED lyrically if anything) If Big was alive still how you know his ? wouldn't have "progressed" also? Jay has Big and Pac dying to thank for being a mainsteam success because Jay came out not too much later than those guys. If jay was the man like that then how come he wasn't this suceessful when both those guys were alive. Who ? married to got nothing to do with who's better. Give Big 15 years instead of gettin gunned down after 3 and he woulda had the money and everybody got labels today so im sure Big woulda had one (with Jay probably on it LOL)

C/S 100% ? in my area swear jigga is goat and most of them ? probably ain't cop reasonable doubt when it first came out, jigga was a rapper who just came out and nobody paid attention to, til after big and pac died years later! Same thing I was thinking
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    how can you say biggie is better than jay and he ain't had but 2 albums?
    you sayin 2 albums worth of music is better than all the music in a 15 year career?
    thats why i'm sayin this comparison shouldn't be made
    well they have to be compared they are from the same era area and have similar styles of Rhyme who else makes a better Comparison then these 2? It seems that Jigga has to battle a ghost with Biggie which means he can never slay his competition. As far as the other Kat talking about Jigga being a fan, a true fan will try and do what there object of admiration did and improve upon it, Look at either MJ or Usher or Lebron or Kobe as examples of admiration taken to the next level...
    jamacia wrote: »
    So why did you choose Biggie exactly? Why not compare another dead rapper to somebody else living?

Reading is fundamental...
  • 5th Letter
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The reason i ask this question is because it seems to be an undercover Big bashing thread, and we know how you feel about Big already, so why not compare another dead rapper to a living rapper using that same criteria?
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The reason i ask this question is because it seems to be an undercover Big bashing thread, and we know how you feel about Big already, so why not compare another dead rapper to a living rapper using that same criteria?

So instead of reading to find the answer you ran with a loaded question, How about this question why do you not make some other dead rapper comparison thread if that is what you wish to discuss? Always with the fantasy ? man you kats never amaze me...
  • 5th Letter
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Big fathered the style that Jigga used to get rich.

At no point in Jay's career was he ever as good as Big in his day.

Jay used Big's blueprint to craft his albums, the whole multi singles on the album idea (Life After Death)

In Big's era he was the man, he held down the east when the west was on top. He was also the face of hip hop at the time.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    C/S this thread. Jay-Z is on the same level as Pac.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Big fathered the style that Jigga used to get rich.

At no point in Jay's career was he ever as good as Big in his day.

Jay used Big's blueprint to craft his albums, the whole multi singles on the album idea (Life After Death)

In Big's era he was the man, he held down the east when the west was on top. He was also the face of hip hop at the time.
    Hmm I thought Kool G Raekwon and Kane did everything Biggie did in style before him and the rest is somewhat True but Jigga is doing it all better and then some. It is only natural that the living grow while the dead do not. Jiggas catalog can only grow and evolve and Biggie can only be judged by what he he has already said and done...
  • 5th Letter
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hmm I thought Kool G Raekwon and Kane did everything Biggie did in style before him and the rest is somewhat True but Jigga is doing it all better and then some. It is only natural that the living grow while the dead do not. Jiggas catalog can only grow and evolve and Biggie can only be judged by what he he has already said and done...

The mafioso thing?
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    take bigs only 2 albums and take any 2 albums from jay and hes still not messing with him
  • thefocusman2
    thefocusman2 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Well if you know all that then how can you truely make a FAIR comparision? Ya'll actin like yall want Big to do some recording in Heaven or Hell to keep up with Jay. All at scull and bones studio N ? tryna spirit rap.How is that Big's fault that Jay Z has the Longer jevity? He cant do nothing about that. Make the ? fair and compare both they first 2 albums then.

Lmao @ the bolded. i thought that was hilarious. it was the T/S that made the comparison. i actually agree that you shouldn't compare the two. but if you do, Jay wins that's all i'm sayin.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It amazes me how this is sucha controversial subject, The HipHop Community needs to get past this Taboo with anything Biggie related...
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Soloman...you got the shield ready? Prepared for attack?

You know RAPmastermind is gonna come in here with a dissertation about why this thread is wrong....
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jay > Biggie

but Biggie is in my top 5
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ahahahahaaaha he said longer jevity
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sMH @ ? using some kind of projection formula to prove B.I.G. is better than Jay.
    FV = PV(1+r)^t

You won't be able to justify where you got the r from though.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

You know RAPmastermind is gonna come in here with a dissertation about why this thread is wrong....

Naw I broke that Dude long ago. He does not want his feelings hurt anymore then the truth of this thread is already doing. All arguments on Biggies side are based on he would have, was going to, almost did, but did not get a chance to. Not one dude has argued content, flow, styles, lyrical skill etc..naw just the Fantasy Factor and Impact which is even more debateable. Kills me because for every one with a argument based on fiction just know that an infinte more can be made from just as varied a spectrums. In the end only things that can be argued with substance to the matter is completely ignored...
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ready To Die and Life After Death > Jay's 2 Classics

Jay better than Big? Doubtful. No matter how many #1 albums Jay gets, he will forever be in Big's Shadow because during the time Big was ruling Hip Hop, Jay was sidekick status. Biggie put Jay Z on his 1st platinum album which was Lil' Kim debut. Biggie put Jay on his 1st mutiplatinum album which was "Life After Death". Also I laugh at dudes saying Jay is better than Big lyrically when Jay can't keep Big's lyrics out his mouth. Also just because Jay released more albums doesn't mean he's better than Biggie. So is Master P better than Biggie cause he released 10 LP's? It's about Quality. Again Jay BEST TWO aren't better than Big's 1st two. Jay's Best album is not better than Biggie's best. Jay's double album is weed plate Material and Big's is a timeless masterpiece. Biggie died at 24 and changed Hip Hop, it took Jay a decade to do what Biggie did before he was 25 (Jay though in the game before Big didn't drop till he was 27). Jay also took Biggie's style and forumals and ran with them which is why the yellow brick road was paved for Jay by Biggie. Better than Big? No, The Closet one? Absolutely.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

I was wrong you were right I am man enough to admit that. He was able to overcome to prove his devotion to the fantasy he has of Biggie...
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I was wrong you were right I am man enough to admit that. He was able to overcome to prove his devotion to the fantasy he has of Biggie...

This thread isn't even about Jay to you, it's another reason for you to hate on Biggie. Again I presented my opinion on the matter and it's backed up. You can't even give Biggie any credit at all so how can you even debate the subject? Again this isn't about Jay with you. Just another thread for you to bash Big. LOL, Hate to be the one to break it to you but as soon as you log off, Biggie is still a Legendary figure in rap music.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This thread isn't even about Jay to you, it's another reason for you to hate on Biggie. Again I presented my opinion on the matter and it's backed up. You can't even give Biggie any credit at all so how can you even debate the subject? Again this isn't about Jay with you. Just another thread for you to bash Big. LOL, Hate to be the one to break it to you but as soon as you log off, Biggie is still a Legendary figure in rap music.
    Fazeem Vs. Rapmastamind on Biggie epic battle.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So is hammer, legendary that is but for all the wrong reasons just like your object of infatuation. Jigga is now what Biggie wished he was when alive. He has long since surpassed Biggie in fame, lyircal ability and overall power...