Options

Comments

• Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lmfao
    did this ? say longevity?
    how could you possibly hold that over B.I.G.'s head?
    the ? ain't have no choice but to have a short shelf life
    his life period was cut short
    i don't even think more music should be brought into the equation
    the ? died!
    who's to say where jay would be right now if B.I.G. had lived

? all the could have would have ? , the facts are none of that ? happened and it is only a viable argument in make believe land when you get down to facts they are as I have pointed out...
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? all the could have would have ? , the facts are none of that ? happened and it is only a viable argument in make believe land when you get down to facts they are as I have pointed out...

oh i agree with you wholeheartedly
    but i'm sayin the comparison shouldn't be made in the first place
    is all
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oh i agree with you wholeheartedly
    but i'm sayin the comparison shouldn't be made in the first place
    is all
    Why Put Biggie on a pedastal because he is dead? Death does not give you a handicap it just means you fell off at that point for whatever reason and can do no more to improve. Like I said I have never heard Jigga rap abnout giving it raw no condoms up the ass to another man...
  • BackInWhite
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i ain't puttin him on a pedestal
    i'm just sayin his body of work isn't complete and he never reached his prime, so to speak
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be funny... but Jigg has virtually BITTEN BIG'S lyrics in all his albums till date

Dude is a FAN of BIG... how is he then better than him?
    I wholeheartedly disapprove of the biting Jay has done. Still, his work that is original shows a more refined skill set (flow, metaphors, articulate analysis of his mindset back in the day, etc.).

Everyone is a fan of someone. That doesn't mean they can't become better through exercise (*Lyrical Exercise* i.e. Spring Training in the Winter).
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow jay z better than big, when was this was fact? Biggie>>>>>>jay z all day, and jay z music has been INCONSISTANT lately real rap ain't been the same since ether!
  • BackInWhite
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Wow jay z better than big, when was this was fact? Biggie>>>>>>jay z all day, and jay z music has been INCONSISTANT lately real rap ain't been the same since ether!

how can you say biggie is better than jay and he ain't had but 2 albums?
    you sayin 2 albums worth of music is better than all the music in a 15 year career?
    thats why i'm sayin this comparison shouldn't be made
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I wholeheartedly disapprove of the biting Jay has done. Still, his work that is original shows a more refined skill set (flow, metaphors, articulate analysis of his mindset back in the day, etc.).

Everyone is a fan of someone. That doesn't mean they can't become better through exercise (*Lyrical Exercise* i.e. Spring Training in the Winter).

Well... at the end of the day it's all OPINIONS...

In all of Jigg's albums bar RD and the first BP... I skip a lot of the songs and like say 3 or 4 songs...

But BIG's two albums... all the tracks were pure heat...

No matter how Puff tried to sugar-coat him, he always murdered a track...
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    how can you say biggie is better than jay and he ain't had but 2 albums?
    you sayin 2 albums worth of music is better than all the music in a 15 year career?
    thats why i'm sayin this comparison shouldn't be made

well they have to be compared they are from the same era area and have similar styles of Rhyme who else makes a better Comparison then these 2? It seems that Jigga has to battle a ghost with Biggie which means he can never slay his competition. As far as the other Kat talking about Jigga being a fan, a true fan will try and do what there object of admiration did and improve upon it, Look at either MJ or Usher or Lebron or Kobe as examples of admiration taken to the next level...
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well... at the end of the day it's all OPINIONS...

In all of Jigg's albums bar RD and the first BP... I skip a lot of the songs and like say 3 or 4 songs...

But BIG's two albums... all the tracks were pure heat...

No matter how Puff tried to sugar-coat him, he always murdered a track...

@ the bolded: Oh yeah, definitely opinions. *Respect*
    My posting of the FACT pic was just a way of showing how strongly I feel about it.
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From style and flow to longetivity and versatility Jigga has alway done what Big Did and better minus the ? Lyrics. The very fact he is still breathing and 1 of the flagship faces of Mainstream HipHop Proves this fact more. Anyone saying otherwise is either trend jumping, a badboy/biggie groupie, or delusional...

Is this Porkchop serious?

Thats like saying the letter Z is better than A, cuz Z got longetivity.
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Biggie would've slapped the ? outta Jigga for releasing that commercial ass "BP3"
  • BackInWhite
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Biggie would've slapped the ? outta Jigga for releasing that commercial ass "BP3"

or
    biggie woulda made some ? just as commercial like 5 years before bp3 came out
    ? act like he wasn't signed to puff daddy
    biggie lucky he died right before or just into the shiny suit era
    smh
    imagine all that shiiny ass material they woulda had to use for a patent leather suit for him
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Options

Life After Death was commercial as hell... BUT Big held it down with his witty lyrics
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If Big's death is the reason why he is legend status, then how come no one mentions Eazy E, Big L, Big Pun, Freaky Tah, ? C in that category?
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    If Big's death is the reason why he is legend status, then how come no one mentions Eazy E, Big L, Big Pun, Freaky Tah, ? C in that category?

Bar Pun... he ? on the rest of that list
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bar Pun... he ? on the rest of that list

Okay so why people use the "he's dead, so thats why they call him a legend/goat" excuse, when no one really considers the rappers I listed as goats. Nothing against Pun, I got mad love for Pun, but if anyone calls Pun the goat, or one of the greats, then turn around and ? on Big because "he only has 2 albums". Is a hypocrite because Pun also had 2 albums.
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Okay so why people use the "he's dead, so thats why they call him a legend/goat" excuse, when no one really considers the rappers I listed as goats. Nothing against Pun, I got mad love for Pun, but if anyone calls Pun the goat, or one of the greats, then turn around and ? on Big because "he only has 2 albums". Is a hypocrite because Pun also had 2 albums.

First off... I got mad respect for the dead not like some idiots on this forum

Second... I respect BIG as one of the greats even with two albums... but my personal GOAT is Pac
  • BackInWhite
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? you respect the dead for?
    cuz they dead?
    if a ? died owin you money you gon be like, "he was a good ? fearing man"
    hell naw
    you gon be like
    DAMMIT!
    this ? died owin me money!
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? you respect the dead for?
    cuz they dead?
    if a ? died owin you money you gon be like, "he was a good ? fearing man"
    hell naw
    you gon be like
    DAMMIT!
    this ? died owin me money!

? quit that 'HARD' swagger...

You have the mouth to talk now.. you could be gone tomorrow

If a ? owed me money and he dies... WTF I'MMA GONNA DO 'BOUT IT???
  • BackInWhite
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? quit that 'HARD' swagger...

You have the mouth to talk now.. you could be gone tomorrow

If a ? owed me money and he dies... WTF I'MMA GONNA DO 'BOUT IT???

'HARD' swagger?
    it ain't nothin hard about that
    if a ? wasn't ? to me alive why should i be concerned with his ass in death?
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Is it b/c of the biting?? B/C I have to admit that the biting is disgusting.

Dude wasnt Bittin............Rappers do that alll the time, Do u know how many Slick rick Lyrics BIG Said??? Where he got that Storytellin ? from???.........thats ? is old
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Dude wasnt Bittin............Rappers do that alll the time, Do u know how many Slick rick Lyrics BIG Said??? Where he got that Storytellin ? from???.........thats ? is old

Good Point but Biggie is given a pass from his Biting of a name, style and lyrics because he is dead...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Good Point but Biggie is given a pass from his Biting of a name, style and lyrics because he is dead...

Im rappers DO it All the Time, trith be told istn not like any of His Crazy Rewind Lines were any of BIG's Joint, ? Got Bambozzled By that Cam ? , Cam was doin the same exact thing Jay did, Alll of Cam Disses to Nas Where the same was the same exact ? Pac said to him
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    To me jigga>>>>>>>big