Is this the problem with black nerds?

Options
allreasoned_out
allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
I just found this blog post and had to post it. She is basically saying that black nerds are undesirable, keep trying to get "dimes" anyway, keep getting rejected by them and then turn around and say that black women only want thugs. It's a big diss to black nerds. It might ? you off. I don't agree with her.

Here it is:

**Note—this blog will serve as a shot between the legs for a certain group of individuals (you know who you are). I wrote a similar post some time ago ( here). Needless to say some people love making excuses for their shortcomings. I don’t play that with black women and I sure as hell won’t play that with black men.

Do you know the MAIN difference between nerdy white guys and nerdy black men? I’ll tell you the difference: One lacks common ? sense. They tend to have “book sense” but lack any type of common sense when it comes to the ways of the world and mankind. Can you guess which one? I’ll give you a hint…

One thing I’ve noticed about nerdy white men is they keep their eyes on the prize (money, power, and respect) and don’t ? /complain about women overlooking them because they’re geeks. Sure they would like to have a social life, but white nerds are smart enough to know women will come later once they get their ? together and have something CONCRETE to offer a women (like security). Nerdy black men on the other hand are a different story…

Nerdy black men (like nerdy white men) know they are not in a position to be the ALPHA MAN women desire (with looks, money, and power) in their pre-success years yet these individuals believe women (mainly black women) should be falling all over them anyway. Not only should black women be falling all over them, but we should also stick by their sides while they are trying to move up in the world despite all their shortcomings. Why do they expect this? Because nerdy black men are supposedly the ONLY “good” black men left in the world (let them tell it). Black women (not just any black woman but the “dime” piece…more on this later) are supposed to forget that these individuals most often lack charisma (swagger or whatever you want to call it), lack any type of personality, are awkward as ? , are uncomfortable in social settings (parties & clubs), are often times broke as hell, can’t dress, don’t know the first thing about “wooing” a woman, often times tend to be angry at the world for their inability to overcome being a social pariah, and they are generally unpleasant to be around.

I would equate this group of individuals with bitter black women. No one…and I do mean no one…wants to be around them. They don’t typically have many friends of either sex. Their presence is toxic and they can annoy the ? out of anyone. They are easy enough to recognize. They typically come on my blog spewing the ? line, “Young black women only want thugs, hoodlums, and gangbangers.” Random thought—Who the hell still uses the term “gangbangers?”

Have you figured out which group lacks common sense yet?

I want you to think back to the time when you were in high school. In that time was there ever a popular girl (cheerleader, student body president, homecoming queen etc) in a relationship with a nerd/geek? I can honestly say NO! When I was in high school I was student body president and guess what? My boyfriend and high school sweetheart at the time was captain of the football team. As a popular pretty girl I was checking for a popular good-looking boy and vice versa. Why? Because in our high school social hierarchy he was the ALPHA MAN and I was the ALPHA WOMAN.

Julius Caesar could have had any woman he desired (though I believe he was married). Yet he set his sights on Cleopatra, the baddest woman in the land. Cleopatra could have any man she wanted, but she set her sights on the married Julius Caesar, the baddest emperor in the land. What does this tell us? Those at the top don’t usually go for those at the bottom (and it’s been that way for centuries). A nerd is at the bottom. A dime piece (who is at the top) is more than likely not going to go for a nerd. The only way a dime piece would go for a nerd is if he CHANGED his status (with money) or if he transformed from a nerd to man with presence. **Side note—For those of you who don’t know what the term “dime piece” means it is slang for a woman who is a TEN on the attractive measuring scale.

This type of thing should be COMMON SENSE, but a lot of nerdy black men don’t get it! I truly dislike this group of men. They love to blame black women for overlooking them, but refuse to take any responsibility for the reasons why women overlook them. Meanwhile black women like myself who hear their ? excuses/deflections sit back and think, “Knee-grow get the hell out of here! Just because I don’t want your anti-social ass doesn’t mean I like thugs. If I had a choice between you and a thug I would choose to be single.” Nerdy black men then turn around and say, “See that’s why we’re moving on to white women” as if anyone actually gives a damn! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I wouldn’t look twice at most (and I do mean most) of the black men I see walking around with white women so it’s no sweat off my back. Now if only white women could make this group of ? happy enough to shut the hell up about black women overlooking them.

After they jump the fence to white women they still sit around talking ? about black women. I mean damn…the grass must not be greener on the other side if you’re still ? about me not giving you the time of day. Do you think I’m losing any sleep over you? I can tell you I’m not. Why not? Because I’m satisfied with my life and my guy! So, why not move on with your life and stop reminding black women that we never wanted you to begin with!

Then there is one question black nerds can NEVER answer…

Why the hell aren’t you pursuing/? after nerdy black women (your female counterparts) instead of dime pieces? It doesn’t matter what college you go to in this country. Chances are there are MORE black women walking around that campus than black men. Chances are a number of those black women are NERDS. Why aren’t nerdy black men beating down their door? Could it be they don’t find their female counterparts as appealing as the dime pieces? I think so. If black nerds won’t date a black female version of themselves how the hell do they figure a dime piece would date them?

When Bill Gates married he didn’t go out here and pull a Cindy Crawford supermodel type (though I’m sure with his money he could have). No, he went and pulled a female version of himself. His wife is just as brilliant and nerdy as he is, but the important thing is they compliment each other. They make each other happy. He didn’t go chasing waterfalls. He stuck to the rivers and the lakes that he was used to.

I’ll be honest I have overlooked nerdy black men and I make no apologies about it. “But Von, they could have been good black men.” Yes, they very well could have been “good” black men, but they were not my type. If I had a choice between one of these individuals and being single I would choose the latter. An anti-social individual is a TURN OFF. A man who doesn’t know how to talk to a woman is a TURN OFF. Their shortcomings far outweigh whatever “goodness” I’m supposed to see in them. I’ve been fortunate enough in my life that I’ve never had a problem getting a man. However, even if I had this issue I don’t think I would settle for ? . I suspect other black women feel the same way.

My question is why can’t nerdy black men DEVELOP the qualities women like? Women often times change to fit the standards of men, but men rarely do the same. Women are expected to take men, as they are whether they are good-looking, fat, short, or ugly. I’m going to tell black men the same thing I have told black women: If black women are overlooking you I suggest you take a GOOD LONG LOOK in the mirror because nine times out of ten that’s where the problem starts.

A black man once told me the secret to getting women (for him): “All I do is put on a blazer, splash on some cologne, make sure my haircut is fresh, and walk into any upscale club in Atlanta. The women come to me.” Thinking back to our conversation I believe every word he said. Times have changed. Women are throwing themselves at men. A good-looking black man can pick up women without any effort. The key words here are “good-looking.” This is where nerdy black men fall short. Like overweight black women they need to work on their physical image (in addition to their personality and lack of charisma). Like overweight black women they can’t accept reality. You can’t expect to attract what you yourself are not.

Also, there is something else troubling about this group of individuals. Nerdy black men tend to have a warped view of other black men. When pointing out the men black women supposedly choose over them they often point to thugs, hoodlums, and gangbangers as if these are the only examples of “other” black men. In their eyes if you’re a black man you are either an overlooked nerd/geek or a popular thug/hoodlum/gangbanger. There is no middle ground. Black men who find themselves in college but who are NOT nerds/social pariahs don’t exist with this group. Black men who don’t have a college education, but are good productive men don’t exist with this group. Black men who work blue collar jobs and who are good people don’t exist with this group. Black men who didn’t attend college, but still own businesses don’t exist with this group. No, with black nerds it’s either them or thugs. Because black women are not choosing them then we must all be choosing thugs…FALSE!

Comments

• allreasoned_out
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The rest:

Anyone reading this blog knows I despise the thug/hoodlum population. I have never dated a thug. I have never been interested in a thug. I have never given a thug the time of day. I’m attracted to productive good-looking black men who are doing something with their lives. You don’t have to be a nerd to fit into that category. You don’t have to be college educated to fit into that category. The only requirement is that you have your ? together!

Ultimately I think this is another self-esteem issue…but with black men. Think about it…Black men have the advantage (over black women) right now in terms of dating/relationships/marriage. I imagine it must be a kick in the ego for any black man to be rejected by a black woman. I’m sure it affects the way they look at themselves if it continues to happen over and over again. Black women internalize low self-esteem (most of the time). Black men on the other hand lash out with bitter hatred at those they feel did them wrong. I can’t really say I sympathize with them. Like I said before black men have the advantage with the dating game. Why not step your game up? Why not transform yourself in order to pull a woman? When I say transform I mean put your best foot forward and become the total package (brains, looks, charisma, and money).

***Note--You can be smart and not be nerdy.

http://blackconsciousthought.blogspot.com/2010/03/never-satisfied-why-nerdy-black-men.html
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just skimmed through that ? .....she doesnt offer any proof other than opinion and speculation to justify her claim so.......

[URL="[URL=http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4592][IMG]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/11b35e77e0488ceb590434e3d10944a73969aff.gif[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]11b35e77e0488ceb590434e3d10944a73969aff.gif
  • allreasoned_out
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think she is wrong in a number of ways. For one, is it really true that white male nerds only get women once they have achieved something? I think they get a lot more attention from white women before they achieve anything than black male nerds get from black women before they achieve anything.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So, t/s, and I ain't tryna roast, are you a Black nerd?

your_story_banner.jpg
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think she is wrong on a number of ways. For one, is it really true that white male nerds only get women once they have achieved something? I think they get a lot more attention from white women before they achieve anything than black male nerds get from black women before they achieve anything.

I think a black nerd would get a white woman before a white nerd could get a white woman but neither nerd really stands a chance against an average black woman.
  • The_African
    The_African Members Posts: 174
    edited April 2010
    Options
    She lacks the capacity to recognize individuals as individuals, from what I've read (I skimmed through most of it). I can think of countless White 'nerds' who fit the description she assigns to Black 'nerds'. I've also never understood why any man would resent Black women or women in general for who they choose to date (and I've heard several non-'nerdy' men do so) but insecurity is a part of being human and most of us lash out against those who cause us to feel that way.

People are just people, they're not 'nerds', 'thugs', 'alpha men/women' etc. Nobody has any real control over being shy, nerdy, introverted/extroverted etc., the only thing that matters is being compassionate and kind, or at the very least, not being cruel. There are many kinds of women that I'm not physically or romantically attracted to but as long as they have good hearts, I respect them. This was a pretty degrading and thoughtless blog.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Let me say this..............

didntreadlol.gif
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Heart Of A Hustler
    Heart Of A Hustler Members Posts: 151
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Quit geiving hos especially black women a platform to speak they just be making ? up to fit their arguement
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I agree with her. I went to all white school the popular white guys dated the hot white chicks. the nerdy guys got play from other nerdy chicks. I don't understand why this ? should be any different for black people. ? act like steve erkel and carlton banks and get mad when a chick who like nicki minaj dont want to talk to them. white dudes who act like skreech accept the fact that they are nerds and they wont be ? chicks who like angelina joe lee until they make six figures.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I read about 2 paragraphs when I realize that this is just another excuse for black women to justify dating no good men. How can you possibly correlate being nerdy with being physically unattractive? I seen hundreds........yes hundreds of black women w/ ugly pirate lookin ass ? .
    Truth is......... if you not giving off the perception that you've slept with over a hundred women then more than likely the average ? ain't ? with you. This is what it all boils down to, the money, cars, and clothes is only added leverage.

You say they checkin for confidence for lack of a better word. Well I found a better one and its called experience.
    ? like experiecned ? .

Because if your confident your obvioulsy "experienced" in with women.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Bottom line you can be handsome fly ass ? like me or be a pocket protecting ? like BEAM.......either way the ladies are not sticking around unless you have some money or a mean pipe game.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think this was a good post.Bottomline no woman who is jazzy and sexy wants a lame ass ? .I think there is a middle ground between nerd and thug.In high school I wasn't the type to be dating the head cheerleader or the wack chicks.I was in the middle with the nice pretty chicks but.I had some grade A ? on my ? but,didn't know it at the time.I later went back and hit some of them when we met later.I never been the type to sweat ? .I was always on my music ? .I don't consider myself to be a super thug but,I know the streets.I also gotta nerdy side,that likes to read and study deep ? too.I done had all kinda chicks from strippers to average chicks.I guess I'm pretty cool seeing that getting a bad chick is not a problem.i beat down so many chicks by my 20's I got tired and got a girl.there are tactics to getting women that have nothing to do with looks or money.it's called confidence and game.You just need the right tools.It's nothing to get a woman.if you can't do that.You ain't gone be able to do much of anything.One of the 1st rules to getting a chick is not giving a ? .Chicks also are turned on by a ? who attracts other women.I done beat chicks down just by bringin another chick around.GAME
    Loch week 59 Drake Over Freestyle http://youtube.com/lochofmceo
  • Shawn Finesse
    Shawn Finesse Members Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    I think this was a good post.Bottomline no woman who is jazzy and sexy wants a lame ass ? .I think there is a middle ground between nerd and thug.In high school I wasn't the type to be dating the head cheerleader or the wack chicks.I was in the middle with the nice pretty chicks but.I had some grade A ? on my ? but,didn't know it at the time.I later went back and hit some of them when we met later.I never been the type to sweat ? .I was always on my music ? .I don't consider myself to be a super thug but,I know the streets.I also gotta nerdy side,that likes to read and study deep ? too.I done had all kinda chicks from strippers to average chicks.I guess I'm pretty cool seeing that getting a bad chick is not a problem.i beat down so many chicks by my 20's I got tired and got a girl.there are tactics to getting women that have nothing to do with looks or money.it's called confidence and game.You just need the right tools.It's nothing to get a woman.if you can't do that.You ain't gone be able to do much of anything.One of the 1st rules to getting a chick is not giving a ? .Chicks also are turned on by a ? who attracts other women.I don't beat chicks down just by bringin another chick around.GAME
    Loch week 59 Drake Over Freestyle http://youtube.com/lochofmceo

blah blah blah fucckin blah
  • loch121
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blah blah blah fucckin blah
    Wusup?what does that mean?
  • The_African
    The_African Members Posts: 174
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I liked my post.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was kinda reading it until she started back tracking to Highschool talking about she dated the Football Captain. After that she just came off as a former groupie justifying her ways. eh.

I wouldnt mind dating a black female nerd. Not too many of those around. But some black dudes do be complaining though.
  • Rell Mayne
    Rell Mayne Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whoa...? i aint readin all that ? ....
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Can someone school on what a black nerd is.

Coz I know dudes who play videos games all day and watch anime but be ? dymes

Apparently, it's this guy...

6a00d834525f2869e201053625b37b970c-320wi
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    coolrunstory.jpg?1255756955..............
  • loch121
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    Apparently, it's this guy...

6a00d834525f2869e201053625b37b970c-320wi

LOL that ? look like he gone die a ?
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We all know the "nerd" doesn't become attractive until she's popped out at least two babies from the no good ? .Reminds me of something that happened to me in high school, where this hoe that dissed me in front a group of people in high school, publicly broke up with me because I "was too nice and safe". Now, she's got two kids from two different no good ? , one of which went to my high school. I was in an apple store the other day just checking out a mac, and I see this Grimace looking broad with two kids walking towards me. She reminds me of who she is, and asks for my number, I simply look at her compared to what she looked like in high school and her current condition, and I said only three words, "Bed. Made. Lie", and I walked off........................

When she was what you consider a "dime", she wasn't checking for dudes without "swag", but now that she looks like a spawn of Jabba the Hut she's looking for any and every simp to play stepdad/ATM....................
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    coolrunstory.jpg?1255756955..............

lmfao...is that camron in the far right end
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lmfao...is that camron in the far right end

nah thats a ? in the movie..the only thing photoshopped is the white dude and the title
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    High school is highschool. 98% of the highschool relationships are superficial so you cant really blame women for that. Most kids that are 16 arent lookin for a wife or husband. Its just a competition to get the hottest or most popular person with status. Males and females do it. I just wish i knew this theory when I WAS IN HIGHSCHOOL. It would have been a tad bit different. lol