Is this the problem with black nerds?

Options

Comments

• isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There are some bad chicks that love nerds, and they're nerd themselves.
  • jonoaries
    jonoaries Members Posts: 183
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I consider myself to be "Nerdy" or "Geeky" type ? I read alot and do "stereotypical" nerdy ? (watching CNN n ? ). You attract what you are anyway if you a hood rat you attract hood rats (ultimately of course you may have an opposite attraction) the key is to be yourself. The problem seriously is that I live a pretty basic and boring life some broads want excitement, money, cars etc they dont want the boring life while their young thats why those broads are usually 2-3 kids in before they straighten up then they want to settle down. Nerdy ? are usually settled in high school while others are out being wild and ? not sayin they ready to get married but they have a better hold on reality and their future in ? . Its basically delayed gratification vs immediate gratification. Ppl always want the hot ? right NOW ? waiting.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i doubt "nerds" are even checking for that shorty...
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jonoaries wrote: »
    I consider myself to be "Nerdy" or "Geeky" type ? I read alot and do "stereotypical" nerdy ? (watching CNN n ? ). You attract what you are anyway if you a hood rat you attract hood rats (ultimately of course you may have an opposite attraction) the key is to be yourself. The problem seriously is that I live a pretty basic and boring life some broads want excitement, money, cars etc they dont want the boring life while their young thats why those broads are usually 2-3 kids in before they straighten up then they want to settle down. Nerdy ? are usually settled in high school while others are out being wild and ? not sayin they ready to get married but they have a better hold on reality and their future in ? . Its basically delayed gratification vs immediate gratification. Ppl always want the hot ? right NOW ? waiting.

As a black intellectual you must remember one thing: in chess the pawns always go first.............
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    i doubt "nerds" are even checking for that shorty...

Any "grown" woman that still has to label guys "nerdy" ought to be avoided..........
  • jaurenlo
    jaurenlo Members Posts: 263
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Naya wrote: »
    watching CNN is nerd ? ??!?!?!

this whole thread is confusing

no lie that confused me too.
  • jonoaries
    jonoaries Members Posts: 183
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Naya wrote: »
    watching CNN is nerd ? ??!?!?!

this whole thread is confusing

you know the average ? dont care about world news, or politics..c'mon lol its just an example anyway.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jonoaries wrote: »
    you know the average ? dont care about world news, or politics..c'mon lol its just an example anyway.

And that's why "average" ? will continue to be grasshoppers while the ant rules the earth....
  • headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow. That's mean. Now I know every dude who says that all black women want are thugs... I know some of them could really be socially akward and repressed and all that good ? . But I would not be surprised if a good majority of the people who use that "excuse" legitmately have a claim. We are so ass backwards sometimes I would not be surprised if 60-70% of the dudes who get turned down do get turned down because of this reason. Stranger things have happened in the black community.

That said over the summer one of my guys I knew back in grammar school came back to hang out with us. The brother got his BA in biz from princeton, is going back for MBA he's doing big things in D.C. right now. We happened to be at a black bar, and he couldn't get no play. Now he's not what I would call akward, I don't judge dudes like that but I don't think he's a dog, and he's on the up and up, yet he was getting turned down, not because he's a nerd (You look at his facebook, and he's with bad ? at pricey looking bars, every other pic is him and a bad ? , mostly other black women too), but because he didn't fit in with the "black" definiton of cool which, lets face it is the thug. he got No play, he wasn't tripping though cuz the next night we went up to the better part of the city the brother knew everybody in the place.

That said I guess what I'm asking is what does she consider to be non-nerdy? I'm no where near as successful as him, but I'm in traininnig to be a cop, I'm a semester shy of my englsih degree, I still play video games, I play football and rugby, bodybuild. I wouldn't consider me a nerd, but because I don't fit the balck meaning of cool I may be.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    For those that exercise no intelligence and pick up nothing other than a textbook, anything different is "nerdy"..........

Word - Some people consider reading books nerdy. I think the trick is don't let people like that define you.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    6974ce5ac660610L.jpg

Here goes another one. LMAO
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    6974ce5ac660610L.jpg

lol where yall getting these comics from
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LMAO @ nerdy dudes stay losing.....on that not====>installs music on his car harddrive while getting brains by the same type of chick talking bird food
    34ss8ow.jpg
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    6974ce5ac660610L.jpg

I didn't read whatever the T/S was talking about, but I do support this image.

But real talk, I need a synopsis of what dude is talking about...
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    I didn't read whatever the T/S was talking about, but I do support this image.

But real talk, I need a synopsis of what dude is talking about...

some chick wrote a blog that in a nutshell says the following:

--- nerdy guys are lame boring and should not bother chasing "dime" women until they get their money up, get a house and basically create some wealth for themselves. secondly, she is confused as to how nerdy guys dont realize this and that they should stop saying "sistahs want thugs" when in actuality, they just dont want lame nerds
  • BEAM
    edited April 2010
    Options

--- nerdy guys are lame boring and should not bother chasing "dime" women until they get their money up, get a house and basically create some wealth for themselves. secondly, she is confused as to how nerdy guys dont realize this and that they should stop saying "sistahs want thugs" when in actuality, they just dont want lame nerds

Well, I disagree with her. Whole-heartedly.

She lost in my book.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    Well, I disagree with her. Whole-heartedly.

She lost in my book.

LOL....feelings
  • BEAM
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    LOL....feelings

Nah, not even.
    Based on the simple ? tendencies of her opinion, I wouldn't want her anyway.

I just have an issue with narrow-minded people acting as if their opinion means something.

*shrugs*
  • Kadillak
    Kadillak Members Posts: 42
    edited April 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    If i'm ? enough to ever engage in an endevour that has a 50% failure rate, it's gonna be with someone I gel with. Not with someone who happens to be the same color as me. Give me an fly ass brazillian ? with some good head over a a black ? with an entitlement mentality any day.

co-sign 100%
  • longmeat
    edited April 2010
    Options

the ? up thing about people like that is if them same cats diss you after he gain wealth, then all of a sudden he a sellout and all he wanted was a weak white women. another reason why any man, whether he's a nerd or a serial killer, should ever give these hoes a platform to speak
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    This ? seriously got some nerve writing that article. I decided to read some of her other blogs. In one blog...she states that nerds / young, studious black men should be happy with their predicaments in the dating world & if they want some play from Black Women they need to step their game up (get money, swag, dress game) & be happy with what they get but....in the other blog....she says Black Men who date out of race (White Women) are disgusting creatures. Smh @ me for taking this hyprocritical ass ? seriously.

Well, well. Sounds like she was lying to make a point in the blog I posted.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the ? up thing about people like that is if them same cats diss you after he gain wealth, then all of a sudden he a sellout and all he wanted was a weak white women. another reason why any man, whether he's a nerd or a serial killer, should ever give these hoes a platform to speak

Exactly. These hoes dont know what side they on. One minute....she (the original author / blogger) clowning lame ? & tellin em to be happy with the scraps black women give them & in the same breath...she talking about how interracial dating is a form of self hate. I read that ? & was like "? please". If a ? cant get any black women to date him cuzz he's too lame (smh), didnt have the right car, the right sneakers....how is it self hate for him to find someone else. ? like that disgust me. They never wrong. She up there basically laughing in those lame ? 's face but....was probably one of them hoes mad at Reggie Bush for being on Essence cuz he got a white girl.
  • Shawn Finesse
    Shawn Finesse Members Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hoh
    rule with an iron fist
  • Kadillak
    Kadillak Members Posts: 42
    edited April 2010
    Options
    son those same bird ass ? is gonna make dumb mistakes no matter who the ? they with. those the type ? that anyone that ? with em ends up dead. those the type ? that before you meet em you working on your phd in molecular biology, 2 years later you paying child support and working at wal-mart as a door greater. like i keep saying mayne, these ? ? is gonna self destruct either way, so just keep duckin em, and keep ignorin whatever non sense come the ? outta they mouth. In other words, NEVER give these hoes a platform to speak on.
    SMH this happened to so many of my homies its crazy. One of my boys in particular was supposed to go off to school when we did, but he ended up staying home to help this hoodrat chick with a baby he didn't know was his or not because she f*cked so many n*ggas in the hood. None the less he hustles on the side, work dead end jobs, stays with random people, and behind like hell on CS for kids SMH. He keeps digging a deeper hole for himself because he constantly f*cking with destructive, want nothing do nothing, no goal no ambition hoodrats.
  • longmeat
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Exactly. These hoes dont know what side they on. One minute....she (the original author / blogger) clowning lame ? & tellin em to be happy with the scraps black women give them & in the same breath...she talking about how interracial dating is a form of self hate. I read that ? & was like "? please". If a ? cant get any black women to date him cuzz he's too lame (smh), didnt have the right car, the right sneakers....how is it self hate for him to find someone else. ? like that disgust me. They never wrong. She up there basically laughing in those lame ? 's face but....was probably one of them hoes mad at Reggie Bush for being on Essence cuz he got a white girl.

son, you bolded the wrong part of my post. lemme help you out:
    longmeat wrote:
    never give these hoes a platform to speak