Blackabar wrote: »
    And what race OWNS the radio stations?

I think white/jews.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Those "stupid people" are your black brothers and sisters.

But, you're man enough to say you only care about yourself, so I guess I gotta respect you for keepin it real.

Peace.

Blacks aren't the only ones buying ? music. And I'm not with that community, my brothers and my sisters nonsense. That just adds to separation. I'm with whoever I care for, no matter what color they are. You don't get a pass because you look like me and you don't get a knife to the face because you don't look like me. If you are a good person, then that's cool with me. I HIGHLY respect the story of our people in this country, but that ? is not a crutch for me. I'm going to live life with no chips on my shoulder. And I never said that I only care about myself. I said that I care more about myself and those I know. I never used "only." And it was in response to you asking me if I cared about money.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont think they care what is on the radio as long as it sells
  • Blackabar
    Blackabar Confirm Email Posts: 444
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So, because a beat actually SOUNDS hot and musical its automatically "industry" and commercial?

Listen up homie and let me school you right quick. Nas, Talib, Dead Prez and ? like them put LYRICS first and beats second. SO, they usually rhyme over average beats because they don't care that much about them in the first place, because music to them is mainly about the words.

More power to those brothas for that, but if music sounds like spoken word over a mediocre beat, they aint gonna reach the wide audience they WANT to reach.

? like Ross pick dope ass beats because for them, music is about the beats and the words are secondary.

Now, follow me closely and don't get lost lil ? , if we could have lyrical, revolutionary MC's rhyme their verses over GREAT sounding beats AND have hooks that retain their message yet in a catchy way --- how the ? is that risking artistic integrity?

Dead Prez over a Zaytoven, Bangladesh, JUSTICE LEAGUE, DUNGEON FAMILY, Just Blaze, Polow The Don type beats would be sick, and get spins.

They aint gotta dumb down what's MOST important to them(lyrics) AND they can reach a wider audience.

Got that? No, seriously, do you got that? Because this the 3rd time I've explained it to you dumb ? .

Re-read what I just wrote(don't be ashamed, no one will know) before you respond to me next time, aight junior?
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I think white/jews.

So, you are in agreement with me that THEY are to blame, and not US.

It's a pretty elementary concept, but Willie Lynch got negroes heads ? up.
  • theillestrator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You aren't getting what he's saying. You are just trying to come off like some smart dude, and failing miserably.
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont think they care what is on the radio as long as it sells

Exactly! And these conscious MCs gotta smuggle the same type of dope, positive, revolutionary lyrics they known for over beats that knock in the whip and get the ? dancin.

Sadly, WE as a people have to have positive words given to us like a baby gets crushed up Tylenol in its Jello when it has a headache.

My people, my people. SMH
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You aren't getting what he's saying. You are just trying to come off like some smart dude, and failing miserably.

So, let me get this straight, you are AGAINST hearing Talib, or Dead Prez's thoughtful lyrics on the radio?

Wow
  • theillestrator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So, let me get this straight, you are AGAINST hearing Talib, or Dead Prez's thoughtful lyrics on the radio?

Wow

You're an idiot.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So, you are in agreement with me that THEY are to blame, and not US.

It's a pretty elementary concept, but Willie Lynch got negroes heads ? up.

They pretty much will do anything for a profit and if it means pushing garbage then so be it.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So, because a beat actually SOUNDS hot and musical its automatically "industry" and commercial?

Listen up homie and let me school you right quick. Nas, Talib, Dead Prez and ? like them put LYRICS first and beats second. SO, they usually rhyme over average beats because they don't care that much about them in the first place, because music to them is mainly about the words.

More power to those brothas for that, but if music sounds like spoken word over a mediocre beat, they aint gonna reach the wide audience they WANT to reach.

? like Ross pick dope ass beats because for them, music is about the beats and the words are secondary.

Now, follow me closely and don't get lost lil ? , if we could have lyrical, revolutionary MC's rhyme their verses over GREAT sounding beats AND have hooks that retain their message yet in a catchy way --- how the ? is that risking artistic integrity?

Dead Prez over a Zaytoven, Bangladesh, JUSTICE LEAGUE, DUNGEON FAMILY, Just Blaze, Polow The Don type beats would be sick, and get spins. They aint gotta dumb down what's MOST important to them(lyrics) AND they can reach a wider audience.

Got that? No, seriously, do you got that? Because this the 3rd time I've explained it to you dumb ? .

Re-read what I just wrote(don't be ashamed, no one will know) before you respond to me next time, aight junior?

first off you need to fall bacvk on that junior ? , b/c we've already outted you as some ? loser armchair activist who just recycles youtube videos and doesnt really do ? in teh streets to uplift anything... that's point # 1

Now point # 2... is do you think you're having some epiphany here>? Do you think you've thought of something that none other A&R, or manager has thought of for their artists? This is not some new revolutionary (pun intended) idea your having. And yet these people still dont pick their beats... why do you think that is?? B/c they dont want them, they dont want those beats b/c they dont feel those beats best convey their message. And Nas has said this, as he gets a lot of flak for his beats, yet he says i pick my beats that best relay what i'm trying to say to an artist.

"and have hooks retain their message in a catchy"... Honestly it sounds like you love the white man so much. LMAO this thread is really about you isnt it. Here you have politically concsious rappers that are speaking on a message and you want them to water these songs/pieces or art down so it can be "retained in a catchy way"

here is why they dont succumb to what you (and the white man) want... B/c the people that need to have their messages given to them in a catchy way so they can retain it are people that dont care about teh message in the first place.

You are literally sounding like a spokesman for clear channel right now,

i8t's almost laughable that you're having this great idea and posting about it like no one has ever thought this before
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    i personally think they put dumb ? on the radio because they are tryin to keep ppl dumb. Thats why all entertainment is kept at a 6th grade level nothing more probably less. You dumb down a nation you stay in control of that nation. Media, TV and Radio all goes hand and hand so why do you think you have 5000 channels of pure nothingness. American's are getting dumber everyday and the poorest parts are the worst parts. We all are puppets in this world believe it or not. We are so caught up in Gossip, Reality Shows, Materialistic society that we fail to realize that we just had a WHOLE generation that is LOST. And the next one is going to be lost also....

And Black ppl love the white man because the white man gives him nothing....

Now THAT'S a real ? post.

theillestrator and ambiguous1 take notes ? ? !
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    people should support artists that deserve it
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its not the white man its the man because now we got black govenors mayors and buisnessmen doing the same stuff to people in general. the one black supreme court judtice now is mad conservative and a goon and same with that brotha who is the chairman of the republican party. Look at Katrina the mayor was black. Look at how bet though owned by white viacom has black owners that play this dumb bs rap versus the political and deep lyrical stuff that used to be played on rap city and other shows back in the day. Greed power and corruption has no color every race is doing it.
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    first off you need to fall bacvk on that junior ? , b/c we've already outted you as some ? loser armchair activist who just recycles youtube videos and doesnt really do ? in teh streets to uplift anything... that's point # 1

Now point # 2... is do you think you're having some epiphany here>? Do you think you've thought of something that none other A&R, or manager has thought of for their artists? This is not some new revolutionary (pun intended) idea your having. And yet these people still dont pick their beats... why do you think that is?? B/c they dont want them, they dont want those beats b/c they dont feel those beats best convey their message. And Nas has said this, as he gets a lot of flak for his beats, yet he says i pick my beats that best relay what i'm trying to say to an artist.

"and have hooks retain their message in a catchy"... Honestly it sounds like you love the white man so much. LMAO this thread is really about you isnt it. Here you have politically concsious rappers that are speaking on a message and you want them to water these songs/pieces or art down so it can be "retained in a catchy way"

here is why they dont succumb to what you (and the white man) want... B/c the people that need to have their messages given to them in a catchy way so they can retain it are people that dont care about teh message in the first place.

You are literally sounding like a spokesman for clear channel right now,

i8t's almost laughable that you're having this great idea and posting about it like no one has ever thought this before

See, that right there says EVERYTHING about you.

You an elitist. NOW it all makes sense.

You don't actually care about black people who live in socio-economic environments that aint up to par wit where YOU come from.

You a Martha's Vineyard type sellout. I got you. Say no more fam. Go about ya business.

The white man has brainwashed you to the point where you look down on ya own people. Wow.
  • theillestrator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You are hopeless. Being insulted by an idiot doesn't hold any weight. He says personally he thinks that they put dumb ? on the radio to keep people dumb. You appear to agree with this YET you say that lyrical artists should make catchy hooks (which is dumbing down their music)?
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You are hopeless. Being insulted by an idiot doesn't hold any weight. He says personally he thinks that they put dumb ? on the radio to keep people dumb. You appear to agree with this YET you say that lyrical artists should make catchy hooks (which is dumbing down their music)?

A catchy hook about a revolutionary topic is dumbing it down? I aint talkin "O Lets Do It" catchy, I'm talkin about "The World Is Yours" catchy

You ? don't wanna admit I'm right, so you pretendin not to understand what I'm sayin

You in here actin like corporate ? .

Ask yaself WHY you so against the idea of revolutionary lyrics being on the radio and on MTV.

Really look yaself in the mirror black man, and ask yaself WHY you scared of revolution.

I hope some of you wake up one day. Because no matter how much ? I talk about you people, the truth is, at the end of the day, WE as black people NEED all of US to fight together.
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A catchy hook about a revolutionary topic is dumbing it down? I aint talkin "O Lets Do It" catchy, I'm talkin about "The World Is Yours" catchy

You ? don't wanna admit I'm right, so you pretendin not to understand what I'm sayin

Ask yaself WHY you so against the idea of revolutionary lyrics being on the radio and on MTV.

Really look yaself in the mirror black man, and ask yaself WHY you scared of revolution.

I hope some of you wake up one day. Because no matter how much ? I talk about you people, the truth is, at the end of the day, WE as black people NEED all of US to fight together.

and what is the fight are you talking about
  • ambiguous1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    See, that right there says EVERYTHING about you.

You an elitist. NOW it all makes sense.

You don't actually care about black people who live in socio-economic environments that aint up to par wit where YOU come from.

You a Martha's Vineyard type sellout. I got you. Say no more fam. Go about ya business.

The white man has brainwashed you to the point where you look down on ya own people. Wow.

1) I'm white
    2) i have done hip hop shows on my own and donated more money to woman's shelters (safe place), soup kitchens, Save 1520 Sedgwick, and big brothers big sisters then i'm sure you've donated to anything in your life.
    3) and what part bout what you bolded makes me an elitist? FOr the simple fact that you want artists to water down their music so people can retain it easier? If that makes me an elitist then so be it i guess

you're telling people their brainwashed and in the same threads telling people to switch up their songs to get more radio play??.. the irony is hilarious in you young padawan learner

And now they say they wanna get me signed to the majors
    If I switch up my politics and change my behavior
    Try to tell me what to rhyme about over the beat
    ? ? that never spent a day in the street
    But I repeat that nobody can hold my reigns
    I put the truth on tracks ? , simple and plain
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Monizzle wrote: »
    its not the white man its the man because now we got black govenors mayors and buisnessmen doing the same stuff to people in general. the one black supreme court judtice now is mad conservative and a goon and same with that brotha who is the chairman of the republican party. Look at Katrina the mayor was black. Look at how bet though owned by white viacom has black owners that play this dumb bs rap versus the political and deep lyrical stuff that used to be played on rap city and other shows back in the day. Greed power and corruption has no color every race is doing it.

True, but some races are inherently greedy and devious.
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    1) I'm white

Say no more.
  • ambiguous1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Say no more.

say no more what?? As i've stated i've done more for the "socio-economic environments" that you're talking about

and you're literally trying to aruge that people should switch up the music they want to make to get more radio play. Leave out hooks, beats anything ... You are trying to say people should switch up music to get more radio play. And that is exactly what "the white man" "the corporate suits" spend their whole days looking for and hopefully they're reading this b/c they got a new spokesman

of course i want to hear more "revolutionary" music on teh radio but not at the sake of them not making tyhe music they originally intended it to be.
  • theillestrator
    edited April 2010
    Options

I feel like I"m trying to make lemonade with olives here. Look. The only people being left behind is people like you. You are comfortable with the victim role and keep yelling "'revolution." Shut the ? up! You look in the mirror and then after that go actually do something for yourself. Stop blaming others. If you want to make it in this world, you can. It's easy to understand why you are so quick to argue your flawed views. You don't know how to accept your own faults.

Acting like corporate ? ? Be serious and shut the ? up while doing it.

I said a long time ago that I don't listen to the radio or watch BET or any of those channels. It's not about wanting to hear just revolutionary lyrics. It's just wanting to hear good music and not ? . Blacks don't have to only be concerned with "sticking it to the man." And still, if The World is Yours came out now, it wouldn't make it.

Maybe not you, but people like you can't stand when other blacks are doing fine in this world. So in response you yell "? " or "tom." Stupid ? . Why would I ever fight beside someone so ignorant. Your type is as dumb as the white racists they hate. It's not a lost cause, it's a flawed cause.
  • Blackabar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why black ppl can't love their ppl without somebody sayin "You should love all ppl"... Like how u love your FAMILY more than random ppl you should love You and your Ancestors and where you came from second and then everywhere else is going to fall into place. Black ppl were TAUGHT to hate ourselfs for so long we should LEARN how to love our self. And white ppl try to relate but you really can't. because Tanned White PPl and Pale white ppl don't hate each other. They have preferences but it's not the same....

Another real ? post.
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why black ppl can't love their ppl without somebody sayin "You should love all ppl"... Like how u love your FAMILY more than random ppl you should love You and your Ancestors and where you came from second and then everywhere else is going to fall into place. Black ppl were TAUGHT to hate ourselfs for so long we should LEARN how to love our self. And white ppl try to relate but you really can't. because Tanned White PPl and Pale white ppl don't hate each other. They have preferences but it's not the same....

this is wrong because historically WASP's have degraded italians as well as white spanish and irish. i dont know any black people that hate theirself maybe you hate yourself