The Africa you dont see on T.V. (Warning may be shocking)

Options

Comments

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was looking for some of that guys videos as well I've been trying to do so research on ancient africa and it mystery schools but I haven't found anything. But the movie I was talking about ealier was of african americans who move to africa to live nd they shows a different side of africa much like the side shown in this thread. Good looking on these videos tho Rap.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Powerful thread........even I'm surprised at how beautiful some of these pics are.....incredible stuff right here. This thread should be a sticky.....
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Addis ababa, ethiopa - 2.5 million

addisababa5fb.jpg

addisababa37rd.jpg

kampala, uganda - 1.5 million

kampala.jpg

ugkampalahilton.jpg
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I guess, I was posting too many positive images.

I have to wait for the mod's approval now.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited April 2010
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Big Ups for this thread.
    White People always got some racial, Go Back To Africa, comments all the time and they do not know all that's there in Africa.
    My aunt and uncle went there last year and they said that it was not what everybody thinks it is.

you do know there are more than 50 countries in Africa right, i wonder if your aunt and uncle went to each of those countries.

we shouldn't bother on extremes. africa is needed paradise nor a slum. the slums just overrun the paradise. one perculiar pattern in the pictures are that the nice places are located in the cities/capitals while the countryside are ignored in terms of development. one of the costliest places to live in the world is actually lagos nigeria.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

lol any criticism of any african governments especially that of libya and zimbabwe makes you a ? on SL.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    powerful thread, nic pics
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    I was looking for some of that guys videos as well I've been trying to do so research on ancient africa and it mystery schools but I haven't found anything. But the movie I was talking about ealier was of african americans who move to africa to live nd they shows a different side of africa much like the side shown in this thread. Good looking on these videos tho Rap.

You wont find too many worthwhile books on the mysteries but you can get some dvd lectures online, I will try to send some info check your inbox in 20min.

Im glad everybody is building and adding-on, only a few weirdo's trying to detract from the purpose of this thread....that's a pretty good ratio.

Did you know that some people outside of the United States dont know that the United States has slums, ghetto's, and trailer-park's?? They think we all live in big houses with green lawns.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »

You wont find too many worthwhile books on the mysteries but you can get some dvd lectures online, I will try to send some info check your inbox in 20min.

Im glad everybody is building and adding-on, only a few weirdo's trying to detract from the purpose of this thread....that's a pretty good ratio.

Did you know that some people outside of the United States dont know that the United States has slums, ghetto's, and trailer-park's?? They think we all live in big houses with green lawns.

Now that right there is interesting to me.
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love this thread!
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    plenty of great pics. definitely want to visit more now.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hate to be a killjoy....but i have been to zanzibar.....it is truly a beautiful country.....as i see from the pics ...most of africa is...

only problem is the mentality and i have seen it with my own eyes and no one can tell me different.
    the mentality is still " the white man is ? "
    the whites talk to the people like there was ? and most just took it....an when they tried it with a lady we was with once they heard her american accent and she gave them the sista girl tougne lashing..they straingtened right up and knew not to mess with us......but the strange thing was the africans we tried to get help from...alot of them looked past us or went to the whites first.
    On some real ? ...it was like the movie hotel rwanda when the dude was trying to get them to work but they wouldn't until the white dude sent a letter.
    Once they get over that...the lower continent will run ? and make major moves
    i always tell me lady that the black capitalist brain in america leading the stength and resource of africa would take this planet over
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    lol any criticism of any african governments especially that of libya and zimbabwe makes you a ? on SL.

Not really. It just ? and house ? add very little balance and rarely tell the whole story. They offer criticism but no analysis. You tow the western company line exclusively. Plus most of you ? who are like that, have never been there or you left and try to cozy up to white folks in Europe and America, while talking ? from Abroad and you have no intention of making things better. I have no respect for any ? who leaves his homeland and puts it down. Mugabe may have faults, but at least had enough courage and gumption to stand and fight and not lie down like some punk.

Africa is coming out of colonialism and neo-colonialism and there will be difficulty.

Get it, Busambo?
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    hate to be a killjoy....but i have been to zanzibar.....it is truly a beautiful country.....as i see from the pics ...most of africa is...

only problem is the mentality and i have seen it with my own eyes and no one can tell me different.
    the mentality is still " the white man is ? "
    the whites talk to the people like there was ? and most just took it....an when they tried it with a lady we was with once they heard her american accent and she gave them the sista girl tougne lashing..they straingtened right up and knew not to mess with us......but the strange thing was the africans we tried to get help from...alot of them looked past us or went to the whites first.
    On some real ? ...it was like the movie hotel rwanda when the dude was trying to get them to work but they wouldn't until the white dude sent a letter.
    Once they get over that...the lower continent will run ? and make major moves
    i always tell me lady that the black capitalist brain in america leading the stength and resource of africa would take this planet over

I have experienced that. They are really a lot like us in some respect. I didn't take it personal. I notice this more in countries that rely on tourism.

I feel most of what you say. The Blacks Americans and Black Africans linking up would be earth shattering. Just no the Capitalist mind state. There has to be a new paradigm that advances economically with out sacrificing human interest.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not really. It just ? and house ? add very little balance and rarely tell the whole story. They offer criticism but no analysis. You tow the western company line exclusively. Plus most of you ? who are like that, have never been there or you left and try to cozy up to white folks in Europe and America, while talking ? from Abroad and you have no intention of making things better. I have no respect for any ? who leaves his homeland and puts it down. Mugabe may have faults, but at least had enough courage and gumption to stand and fight and not lie down like some punk.

Africa is coming out of colonialism and neo-colonialism and there will be difficulty.

Get it, Busambo?

you are right i tow the western line exclusively and i have never sung the praises of governments in senegal and bostwana. oh wait.

no one is putting africa down, what people like me want is for Africa to reach its potential while old washed up overlords like mugabe and gadaffi are put to rest. i won't sit back and sing the pan-africanist tune while people starve in zimbabwe, coup after coup happens in guinea bissau (i bet you couldn't locate it on a map), most of the people in swaziland live below the poverty line.

keep on posting pictures of cities, a luxury only the elite and thin middle-class of Africa get to enjoy while the others live in poverty and misery.
    but hey i'm a ? , Africa is doing just fine. those pictures of darfur and the congo are western imagination
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just typed a huge reply about how foolish it is to romantise ? like this.....but sjit got erased because I had to log in again lol.

anyway, are you cats ? ? every country on this planet has some nice city blocks and buildings. I from one of the richest nation on the continent for christ sake, I could randomly post a 100 nice pictures of morocco, that doesn't give you insight in the everyday life, without feloos, ? up people are and ? up rule of the king. Having been there doesn't mean ? , they smell you a tourist a thousand yards away, living there does. ...and for every nce pic I can post 5 awful ones no joke. most of you americans cats are clueless lol. the continent knows incredible wealth and incredible poverty, chance is bigger your azz would be born outside the rich zone/gated community ? etc and be living with non-riches n luxury/hugiene your azz cant even imagine. you cats have no clue what people do to live.

whats this thread about? googlin up random pics and videos of places you azz probably never been to? romantising it? pretending like it's all good? lol whats the matter with you, you think africa lacks apartment blocks? no business skyscrapers?
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    powerful thread, nic pics[/QUOTE]
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you are right i tow the western line exclusively and i have never sung the praises of governments in senegal and bostwana. oh wait.

no one is putting africa down, what people like me want is for Africa to reach its potential while old washed up overlords like mugabe and gadaffi are put to rest. i won't sit back and sing the pan-africanist tune while people starve in zimbabwe, coup after coup happens in guinea bissau (i bet you couldn't locate it on a map), most of the people in swaziland live below the poverty line.

keep on posting pictures of cities, a luxury only the elite and thin middle-class of Africa get to enjoy while the others live in poverty and misery.
    but hey i'm a ? , Africa is doing just fine. those pictures of darfur and the congo are western imagination

Typical House ? response. Did you read my post where I admitted there are problems? That is called balance.

Senegal. Ehhh. The commerce and trade is still controlled by the French and Lebanese. They use French Currency like the rest of the Francophones. Glorified holding company for French interest. Which is probably to your liking because you don't seem to be too much for Independence.

And I agree with you. You are a ? .

Qadaffi has done more for his people than any African leader in the last 100 years.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    I just typed a huge reply about how foolish it is to romantise ? like this.....but sjit got erased because I had to log in again lol.

anyway, are you cats ? ? every country on this planet has some nice city blocks and buildings. I from one of the richest nation on the continent for christ sake, I could randomly post a 100 nice pictures of morocco, that doesn't give you insight in the everyday life, without feloos, ? up people are and ? up rule of the king. Having been there doesn't mean ? , they smell you a tourist a thousand yards away, living there does. ...and for every nce pic I can post 5 awful ones no joke. most of you americans cats are clueless lol. the continent knows incredible wealth and incredible poverty, chance is bigger your azz would be born outside the rich zone/gated community ? etc and be living with non-riches n luxury/hugiene your azz cant even imagine. you cats have no clue what people do to live.

whats this thread about? googlin up random pics and videos of places you azz probably never been to? romantising it? pretending like it's all good? lol whats the matter with you, you think africa lacks apartment blocks? no business skyscrapers?

Slow your roll, potna.

I have been to Africa many, many times. Plan on getting a home there. The thread is titled The Africa you don't see. This implies that there is an Africa you do see. Thereby making your mushroom induced weed tempered post irrelevant.

The reason why it is stated that way is because in America the image of Africa is always portrayed as very negative . But you don't know because you don't live here. Most of you Arab/Berber/Whatever type who run to America and Europe don't think much of Sub saharan Africa anyway. I had to check a couple of ? like you in the States because they must of thought that it was like home in casablanca, fez, tangier or where ever you came from. Most of you all look down on blacks anyway. Ever since you came and usurped the land and forced your culture on them. Oh and quit letting those white people lay naked on the beach.

You were the first to recognize the fledgling US even though they held millions of blacks in chains.

Until you get a basic command of the English language, please hire an interpreter.

? .

If you didn't smoke
  • hrap-120
    edited April 2010
    Options

I just typed a huge replay about how foolish it is to think a thread about the Afrika not shown by the media is somehow romantacism...? didnt get erased Im too smart for that. LOL

anyway are you illiterate/ignorant
    or both? every country on this planet has slums and ghettos. I am from the 1# colonialist super-power in the world for christ sake,
    I could randomly post a 100 bad pictures of Amerika, that dosent give you the insight in the everyday life without feloos, ? up rule of the George Bush. You never being here means alot ? we can smell a ? on her period a thousand yards away, morroccan women like you live here too.....and for every nce pic I can post 5 awful ones no joke.
    most of you morroccan girls are clueless lol. this continent knows incredible incarceration, and preemptive warmongering. chance is bigger your azz would be born in the projects or a Mississippi trailer-park community ? etc and be living under a bridge in downtown L.A. behind the Staples Center your azz cant imagine. you ladies have no clue what people do to live.

whats your rant about? your emotional diatribes coinciding with your menstrual cycle, not having the cognitive skills to comprehend a thread title? whining like a ? ? pretending to be a man? LOL whats your malfunction babygirl, you think America's C.I.A is dormant? Foreign policy?

(Silly woman don't get your panties all in a bunch.)
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Typical House ? response. Did you read my post where I admitted there are problems? That is called balance.

Senegal. Ehhh. The commerce and trade is still controlled by the French and Lebanese. They use French Currency like the rest of the Francophones. Glorified holding company for French interest. Which is probably to your liking because you don't seem to be too much for Independence.

And I agree with you. You are a ? .

Qadaffi has done more for his people than any African leader in the last 100 years.

you are right, the same qadaffi who was culpable in the chadian civil war, the same gadaffi who has allowed the mass deportation of black african immigrants. the same gadaffi who won't allow an election in his country.

there is nothing wrong in senegal in using the franc as in many west african countries. you obviously don't how currency works considering hong kong using a dollar (i guess hong kong is dependent on the US).

there is no balance in posting pics only an elite minority enjoy. This is like posting pics of the hamptons and beverly hills and claiming Americans live like this.
    be realistic for once.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options

you are a ? , how's that for a comeback
  • hrap-120
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you are a ? , how's that for a comeback

A coonness is the female version so a good comeback would be "you are a coonness that spells like a 4 yr old".
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    I just typed a huge replay about how foolish it is to think a thread about the Afrika not shown by the media is somehow romantacism...? didnt get erased Im too smart for that. LOL

anyway are you illiterate/ignorant
    or both? every country on this planet has slums and ghettos. I am from the 1# colonialist super-power in the world for christ sake,
    I could randomly post a 100 bad pictures of Amerika, that dosent give you the insight in the everyday life without feloos, ? up rule of the George Bush. You never being here means alot ? we can smell a ? on her period a thousand yards away, morroccan women like you live here too.....and for every nce pic I can post 5 awful ones no joke.
    most of you morroccan girls are clueless lol. this continent knows incredible incarceration, and preemptive warmongering. chance is bigger your azz would be born in the projects or a Mississippi trailer-park community ? etc and be living under a bridge in downtown L.A. behind the Staples Center your azz cant imagine. you ladies have no clue what people do to live.

whats your rant about? your emotional diatribes coinciding with your menstrual cycle, not having the cognitive skills to comprehend a thread title? whining like a ? ? pretending to be a man? LOL whats your malfunction babygirl, you think America's C.I.A is dormant? Foreign policy?

(Silly woman don't get your panties all in a bunch.)

I thought this was a man.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    great thread, appreciate the pics.

kinda funny, considering how many American-born Blacks automatically picture "jungle" in reference to Africa.

for the people arguing, we in the States hardly ever see positive images of Africa...and the people posting them in this thread don't appear to be misrepresenting themselves, at least IMO. they're just posting pics of an Africa we rarely see...

Exactly.